Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Balogun. 21:51 - Sep 17 with 4484 viewsBobbi66

Looks a good signing
Balogun. on 22:20 - Sep 17 with 3538 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

2 games played and 2 clean sheets. When we needed it too probably. A good addition to what we have already.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Balogun. on 22:59 - Sep 17 with 3405 viewsStanisgod

Cant see Dicke getting back in. Jimmy Dunne is immense.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Balogun. on 23:32 - Sep 17 with 3315 viewsAntti_Heinola

Dickie's better than Dunnie IMO

Bare bones.

Balogun. on 07:38 - Sep 18 with 3154 viewsStreathamRanger

Balogun. on 23:32 - Sep 17 by Antti_Heinola

Dickie's better than Dunnie IMO

Dunne doing a great job considering he's playing as left sided CB when he's naturally right footed. Not sure we've ever played Dickie on the left side. That would make for an interesting comparison. Regardless of which of the two is a better player, we've been better defensively with Balogun at CB the last two games.
Balogun. on 08:12 - Sep 18 with 3069 viewsLogman

Jury out, here. Two clean sheets, yes, but that could just be down to better organisation. Balogun looks OK but I didn't really see anything to say that he is a better player than Dickie.

Better than Dion Sanderson though !
Balogun. on 08:45 - Sep 18 with 2948 viewspaulparker

Dickie being injured has done us a favour imo
The last 2 games we have played 2 physical teams in Millwall & Stoke and the team needed the presence of Balogun and Dunne especially yesterday in the first half

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Balogun. on 08:48 - Sep 18 with 2955 viewsLogman

Balogun. on 08:45 - Sep 18 by paulparker

Dickie being injured has done us a favour imo
The last 2 games we have played 2 physical teams in Millwall & Stoke and the team needed the presence of Balogun and Dunne especially yesterday in the first half

Yep, Stoke were very physical. It was not a game for the faint hearted.
Balogun. on 08:54 - Sep 18 with 2937 viewsQPROslo

Balogun. on 08:12 - Sep 18 by Logman

Jury out, here. Two clean sheets, yes, but that could just be down to better organisation. Balogun looks OK but I didn't really see anything to say that he is a better player than Dickie.

Balogun has some pace which Dickie and Dunne don't have. He looks mentally and physically tough, and nastier than Dickie as well. We needed a bit more of that too imo. Can't be sure watching on the stream, but it looks like he's helping that organisation you mention at the back, and cajoling and advising not just the defenders, but especially the younger players in front of him. Hope he stays as fit and strong as be looks now.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2022 8:56]
Login to get fewer ads

Balogun. on 08:57 - Sep 18 with 2920 viewstoboboly

Balogun. on 08:12 - Sep 18 by Logman

Had a few squeaky moments 2nd half when letting the ball bounce

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Balogun. on 11:11 - Sep 18 with 2669 viewseastside_r

Balogun. on 08:57 - Sep 18 by toboboly

Had a few squeaky moments 2nd half when letting the ball bounce

And a couple of moments in the first half too but for 34 he does still have some pace but I am assuming that JCS has that too.

As I have said on another thread, I suspect Beale’s first choice combination is JCS and Dickie, which is a little harsh on Dunne who I like a lot.

The pair playing yesterday would both me adequate backups and could both fit in a three if we wanted a change of tactics ‘in-game’ or otherwise.
Balogun. on 11:14 - Sep 18 with 2665 viewsHoopstar

Was a funny moment when Tyrese Campbell was having a proper go at him a couple times in the space of a few minutes and he just smiled and mimed putting him into his pocket - would have been a lot less funny if Campbell had stuck that chance away that he really should have though.

He is clearly a very good player - still has a good turn of speed and athleticism for a 34 year old, and clearly has experience marking better players than your average Championship striker.

Agree with all the points Clive and co. were making on another thread though - he's definitely a good CB but you have to be playing Dickie, Dunne and JCS over him as these are the players you can sell. An excellent option to have, and would stick him in for the nastier teams in this division at times as he's up for the physical battle. Think we have four very good options at CB which is a lovely plus to have.
Balogun. on 11:19 - Sep 18 with 2647 viewsDavieQPR

Dunne's is very good when the ball is banged up and he can head clear but he very rarely brings the ball out. It's going to be a case of horses for courses with our CBs this season.
Balogun. on 11:22 - Sep 18 with 2647 viewstraininvain

Balogun. on 11:19 - Sep 18 by DavieQPR

Dunne's is very good when the ball is banged up and he can head clear but he very rarely brings the ball out. It's going to be a case of horses for courses with our CBs this season.

Double post.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2022 11:32]
(No subject) (n/t) on 11:23 - Sep 18 with 2641 viewstraininvain

Balogun. on 11:19 - Sep 18 by DavieQPR

Dunne also has a nasty habit of slicing his clearances (got away with one yesterday) and he rarely looks comfortable with the ball at his feet. But he’s strong in the air and always gives his all.

I think you’re right that it’ll be horses for courses and that’s a luxury we didn’t have last season.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2022 11:26]
Balogun. on 11:28 - Sep 18 with 2623 viewsHarbour

Balogun. on 08:48 - Sep 18 by Logman

Yep, Stoke were very physical. It was not a game for the faint hearted.

Dirty I think the ref let get away with a lot..but they definitely stopped us playing our best game first half and snuffed out chances second..
Balogun. on 16:05 - Sep 18 with 2386 viewsHamptonR

I have been told, by someone in the know that Mick Beale's preferred three will be Jake Clarke-Salter, Rob Dickie and Leon Balogun.
Balogun. on 16:35 - Sep 18 with 2323 viewsdmm

Balogun. on 16:05 - Sep 18 by HamptonR

I have been told, by someone in the know that Mick Beale's preferred three will be Jake Clarke-Salter, Rob Dickie and Leon Balogun.

If that's true it would indicate Beale will switch to 3 at the back at some point which I'm slightly worried about. I feel our players work best with 3 CMs and our lovely 2 10s. A 343 formation would allow 2 10s but which 2 CMs would Beale play?
Balogun. on 16:38 - Sep 18 with 2305 viewsPinnerPaul

Balogun. on 16:35 - Sep 18 by dmm

If that's true it would indicate Beale will switch to 3 at the back at some point which I'm slightly worried about. I feel our players work best with 3 CMs and our lovely 2 10s. A 343 formation would allow 2 10s but which 2 CMs would Beale play?

IF - can be a very big word!
Balogun. on 16:41 - Sep 18 with 2283 viewsbenhurst

Worth pointing out that we looked pretty good in the second half yesterday with just Field and Johansen at CM (although still 4 at the back)!
Balogun. on 17:33 - Sep 18 with 2192 viewsdmm

Balogun. on 16:41 - Sep 18 by benhurst

Worth pointing out that we looked pretty good in the second half yesterday with just Field and Johansen at CM (although still 4 at the back)!

I thought Roberts more or less took up Dozzell's role at right CM, but yep we certainly looked better in the second half.
Balogun. on 17:38 - Sep 18 with 2185 viewsaston_hoop

Mick has said himself when every defender is fit, we can go 3atb when games require it. I think Dickie and JCS are the starters in a 2 when everyone is fit and with Balogun and Dunne fighting for the third position in a 3. All being said, I'm just pleased we have 4 good centre backs at the moment! Over a 46 game season they'll all see plenty of game time

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Balogun. on 20:00 - Sep 18 with 2000 viewsderbyhoop

Balogun. on 08:54 - Sep 18 by QPROslo

Balogun has some pace which Dickie and Dunne don't have. He looks mentally and physically tough, and nastier than Dickie as well. We needed a bit more of that too imo. Can't be sure watching on the stream, but it looks like he's helping that organisation you mention at the back, and cajoling and advising not just the defenders, but especially the younger players in front of him. Hope he stays as fit and strong as be looks now.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2022 8:56]

Tougher and nastier. Oh yeah!
The yellow card was ball or man can get past me, but no way will I let both go.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Balogun. on 20:12 - Sep 18 with 1981 viewsHamptonR

I was told this by someone close to Mr Beale, of course it may not be accurate, and circumstances alter cases.

It certainly isn't my opinion, my selection would definitely differ.

Also been told a few other truths, about some of the goings on behind the scenes.
Which were interesting, rather than OMG shocking etc
Balogun. on 21:59 - Sep 18 with 1852 viewsPunteR

Balogun. on 20:12 - Sep 18 by HamptonR

I was told this by someone close to Mr Beale, of course it may not be accurate, and circumstances alter cases.

It certainly isn't my opinion, my selection would definitely differ.

Also been told a few other truths, about some of the goings on behind the scenes.
Which were interesting, rather than OMG shocking etc

Spill the beans..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Balogun. on 02:29 - Sep 19 with 1727 viewsDavieQPR

Balogun. on 11:22 - Sep 18 by traininvain

Double post.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2022 11:32]

Still looking for the first????
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024