Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beale press conference 23:48 - Oct 7 with 10201 viewsBklynRanger

Beale press conference on 17:48 - Oct 9 with 1776 viewsGloryHunter

I think Mick was too soft on the referee. Using the diagonal system the ref should have been at or near the left-hand corner of the penalty area - ie right next to where the handball offence occured. Poor positioning.
Beale press conference on 11:55 - Oct 10 with 1548 viewsPinnerPaul

Beale press conference on 17:48 - Oct 9 by GloryHunter

I think Mick was too soft on the referee. Using the diagonal system the ref should have been at or near the left-hand corner of the penalty area - ie right next to where the handball offence occured. Poor positioning.

Agree about the positioning, but as I said, live at the ground from a fair way away, it was difficult to see what arm it was, and be fair, who the hell is looking at where the referee is live at the game - certainly not Mick, who said he hadn't seen it back when he did interview.
Beale press conference on 14:53 - Oct 10 with 1401 viewsTheChef

Beale press conference on 03:49 - Oct 9 by nix

I think this too. He's obviously studied the Warbs' years and taken the best from them and learnt what didn't work. He's learnt that focusing on the fans and trying to play attractive football worked really well and Warbs did that pretty well. Warbs kept the loyalty of (most of) the fans for a lot longer than normally would be the case during the dire period.

Beale would only have to read LFW to know that lacking a plan B was the major problem. I don't mean Warburton literally didn't have a plan B but that it wasn't anywhere near as effective as plan A. In fairness to him I think we've got much better players to come in now, apart from at left back. Bearing in mind also that Warbs at one point had all four fullbacks injured, so he did have a tough time at times. But having Tyler Roberts, Taylor Richards, Armstrong, Oroegbunan and Balogun to come on is a bit of an upgrade on Austin, Gray, Bonne, Ball and Kakay or Ball as CB. Warbs wasn't as plugged in with the younger players with great potential, so we got a few in but Beale has been able to get some cracking players in, a number of them as our players.

But it's irrefutable that Warburton brought us on a lot from the McLaren years. He improved players like Willock and Illy (and Eze). He focused a lot on team spirit, which I think was sabotaged a bit towards the end by people who are no longer here. He recognised the fans were important, which Beale has also done. He listened to the sports' science guys. He realised that a clear game plan was important, although he didn't always know what to do if it didn't work (with a slight caveat that we didn't always have the back up players - e.g. back four as opposed to back 3 didn't work with the defenders we had then).
[Post edited 9 Oct 2022 8:09]

Obviously delighted with how well Beale and the team are doing, long may it continue.

The big difference from last season ultimately is the quality of the full backs - MW didn't have Paal and Laird at his disposal and as a result didn't feel he could really move away from a back three.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Beale press conference on 09:46 - Oct 12 with 1198 viewsfrancisbowles

Beale press conference on 17:48 - Oct 9 by GloryHunter

Smart move not to call him out. Helps to prevent the ref from having unconscious bias against us.
Beale press conference on 12:13 - Oct 12 with 1119 viewsGloryHunter

Beale press conference on 09:46 - Oct 12 by francisbowles

Smart move not to call him out. Helps to prevent the ref from having unconscious bias against us.

Ref was probably made aware of his mistake at half-time. Might have made him more likely to give us the pen in the second half?
Beale press conference on 12:18 - Oct 12 with 1105 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Beale press conference on 09:46 - Oct 12 by francisbowles

We may have blown that on the 'you're just another $hit ref' chant' - Which rather proudly we can say got an apology on Sky.
Beale press conference on 14:31 - Oct 12 with 977 viewsfrancisbowles

Beale press conference on 12:18 - Oct 12 by CroydonCaptJack

We may have blown that on the 'you're just another $hit ref' chant' - Which rather proudly we can say got an apology on Sky.

I think that will be like 'water of a duck's back' as it's chanted at nearly every game. Imho not 'hanging a ref out to dry' is likely to be a positive thing with the man in question.

It's a 'professional' making a mistake, no need to castigate him publicly for it.

It seems to me that MB goes out of his way to avoid making enemies, as they often have their day and come back 'to bite you in the ar*e'.
Beale press conference on 19:43 - Oct 12 with 839 viewsGloryHunter

Beale press conference on 14:31 - Oct 12 by francisbowles

I think that will be like 'water of a duck's back' as it's chanted at nearly every game. Imho not 'hanging a ref out to dry' is likely to be a positive thing with the man in question.

It's a 'professional' making a mistake, no need to castigate him publicly for it.

It seems to me that MB goes out of his way to avoid making enemies, as they often have their day and come back 'to bite you in the ar*e'.

"I never comment on referees... and I'm not going to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat!" Big Ron.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024