Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick Beale 19:18 - Oct 15 with 108823 viewsHayesender

7/4 2nd favourite for the wolves job

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Mick Beale on 11:41 - Oct 20 with 2762 viewsrobith

I'm glad he's staying, but he has handled this very poorly. We can't have a circus every time someone in the Prem gets the sacked cos he's doing interviews saying he's always wanted to ride a unicycle
Mick Beale on 11:45 - Oct 20 with 2607 viewsHastings_Hoops

Mick Beale on 11:41 - Oct 20 by robith

I'm glad he's staying, but he has handled this very poorly. We can't have a circus every time someone in the Prem gets the sacked cos he's doing interviews saying he's always wanted to ride a unicycle

I’ve been very impressed with his openness and how he has articulated the situation. Usually managers would churn out some media savvy tripe and close ranks. He’s been honest, respectful in remaining focussed on preparations for yesterday, as far as I can see and his ability to adequately communicate is refreshing.
Mick Beale on 11:47 - Oct 20 with 2519 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Mick Beale on 11:41 - Oct 20 by robith

Agreed.

He gets no kudos at all for this imo. Turned them down? He shouldn't even have spoken to them.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Mick Beale on 11:48 - Oct 20 with 2501 viewsLblock

IF the "turned down Wolves" line is true then I need to know is it
a) Turned down the opportunity to talk to them
OR
b) Spoke with them and didn't like the offer, set up and what the owners there were after

The two are MASSIVELY different and if it's a) then huge respect but, if it's b)... then he's dead to me and will pull the rip cord once some other bitch with bigger tits shows the cleavage.

I really wouldn't be vicious to him though (despite my above comment) as cash is king and once the one you want comes along you gotta grab it or the carousel may never stop in front of you in the future.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Mick Beale on 11:48 - Oct 20 with 2507 viewsBuckR

-
[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 11:48]
Mick Beale on 11:48 - Oct 20 with 2468 viewsrobith

Mick Beale on 11:45 - Oct 20 by Hastings_Hoops

I’ve been very impressed with his openness and how he has articulated the situation. Usually managers would churn out some media savvy tripe and close ranks. He’s been honest, respectful in remaining focussed on preparations for yesterday, as far as I can see and his ability to adequately communicate is refreshing.

Throughout this thread I've been pretty level headed and even handed I hope, but that interview with Sky last night was very close to unacceptable imo, and I'm not sure honest would be my go to adjective
Mick Beale on 11:48 - Oct 20 with 2461 viewssprocket

Fantastic news. Life is fickle and no guarantees etc...

We won't have Beale for long, most likely same with Willock so let's enjoy the ride while we do.
Mick Beale on 11:49 - Oct 20 with 2365 viewssprocket

Mick Beale on 11:47 - Oct 20 by BrianMcCarthy

Agreed.

He gets no kudos at all for this imo. Turned them down? He shouldn't even have spoken to them.

Come on Brian... Life's not like that. If we were to go on a bad run people would be calling for the tin-tac.
Login to get fewer ads

Mick Beale on 11:51 - Oct 20 with 2274 viewsLythamR

He is staying Put
Mick Beale on 11:51 - Oct 20 with 2265 viewsted_hendrix

Agreed.

C'mon Brian give the bloke a break?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Mick Beale on 11:52 - Oct 20 with 2228 viewsThGrimRanger

my thoughts ...

1. we'll get wolves away in the 3rd round of the fa cup now you watch
2. my worry is the villa job - did that have a bearing?
3. he must feel we can get us promoted this season if he stays

TheGrimRanger

Mick Beale on 11:52 - Oct 20 with 2191 viewsericgen34

Mick Beale on 11:45 - Oct 20 by Hastings_Hoops

I agree

He also said he had his phone off all day yesterday as he was focused on the game, and all the furore happened yesterday only

I thought he was good in the sky interview too, even with probably being tired, concentrated on the job done etc...
Mick Beale on 11:53 - Oct 20 with 2159 viewsPhildo

Telegraph running it now and interestingly:

Beale’s compensation clause for any club wishing to appoint him was £1.2 million and there was no issue with Wolves meeting that price.
Mick Beale on 11:54 - Oct 20 with 2111 viewsellersliehoop

Mick Beale on 11:49 - Oct 20 by sprocket

Come on Brian... Life's not like that. If we were to go on a bad run people would be calling for the tin-tac.

Apparently he turned down the opportunity to speak to Wolves.
Mick Beale on 11:55 - Oct 20 with 2037 viewsMaggsinho

Agreed.

We don't know what was said though, if Wolves met the release clause and QPR allowed them to speak to him then he might have listened to be polite and said 'No thanks'

Don't suppose we'll ever know but the main things is he's seemingly staying.
Mick Beale on 11:56 - Oct 20 with 2019 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Mick Beale on 11:51 - Oct 20 by ted_hendrix

C'mon Brian give the bloke a break?

15 games, Ted.

I get the rest, but 15 games? And he's off chatting to another club?

Not for me. I think it's shocking behaviour, being totally honest.

Mick Beale on 11:56 - Oct 20 with 1984 viewsToast_R

Quick, cancel his gardening leave.
Mick Beale on 11:58 - Oct 20 with 1916 viewsLongsufferingR

Mick Beale on 11:56 - Oct 20 by BrianMcCarthy

15 games, Ted.

I get the rest, but 15 games? And he's off chatting to another club?

Not for me. I think it's shocking behaviour, being totally honest.

We don't know for a fact whether he spoke to them or not though. There's 22 pages of speculation here, and that's all it can be unless one of us is Beale's agent.
Mick Beale on 11:58 - Oct 20 with 1885 viewshantssi

I can’t be bothered to read all 22 pages as I’m sure the usual suspects will already have made up their minds on him and the board, however, how many of us here have been happily employed but have been for an interview elsewhere just because, well you never know do you and then turned it down?
I my eyes that doesn’t make you disloyal.
The real difference here is that it’s all played out in public whereas in our lives it’s not and our bosses don’t ever find out.
Mick Beale on 11:58 - Oct 20 with 1885 viewsrobith

Mick Beale on 11:49 - Oct 20 by sprocket

I think there's a difference between understating and credit.

Whilst I think from where we are, Wolves would be a limiting career move, I can understand if he took the job - low security, chance to manage in the Prem, we'd bin him after a bad run no doubt.

But to give him credit for not going? If he didn't want the job he had multiple instances to distance himself from the job and went ambivalent every time, which created a big media ruckus which could've cost us points if we weren't playing a team as limited as Cardiff.

I actually think the players played him into a corner last night. I reckon he was going to take it, but in the cold light of day he's reflected if he leaves a team that is top and bombs at Wolves, it will massively harm his next job prospect.

I think he's a brilliant coach who's doing an incredible job but in terms of personal admiration, it makes me want to keep him at arm's length a bit
Mick Beale on 11:59 - Oct 20 with 1860 viewsMaggsinho

Sky Sports now saying that he turned down the chance to talk to them so it didn't even go as far as a conversation with him
Mick Beale on 11:59 - Oct 20 with 1842 viewsDannyPaddox

Black smoke coming from the Molyneaux chimney. Wolves have not selected a manager. Beale is staying at QPR!
Mick Beale on 11:59 - Oct 20 with 1835 viewsSir_Chops

Mick Beale on 11:48 - Oct 20 by Lblock

IF the "turned down Wolves" line is true then I need to know is it
a) Turned down the opportunity to talk to them
OR
b) Spoke with them and didn't like the offer, set up and what the owners there were after

The two are MASSIVELY different and if it's a) then huge respect but, if it's b)... then he's dead to me and will pull the rip cord once some other bitch with bigger tits shows the cleavage.

I really wouldn't be vicious to him though (despite my above comment) as cash is king and once the one you want comes along you gotta grab it or the carousel may never stop in front of you in the future.

Reports starting to say "turned down the opportunity to talk to them".
Mick Beale on 12:00 - Oct 20 with 1800 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Mick Beale on 11:55 - Oct 20 by Maggsinho

We don't know what was said though, if Wolves met the release clause and QPR allowed them to speak to him then he might have listened to be polite and said 'No thanks'

Don't suppose we'll ever know but the main things is he's seemingly staying.

Fair enough, if he chose not to speak to them, but even then he had two days to say no and didn't, instead dragging it out. WLS reported that he would speak to them and now we have The Telegraph saying he turned them down, which would indicate that he did speak to them.

Either way, he's handled this very poorly in my humble opinion.

Mick Beale on 12:00 - Oct 20 with 1798 viewsLongsufferingR

...and as far as speculation is concerned, how about this? Maybe he knew all along he wouldn't be interested in Wolves but has used the whole saga as a) an example to his players what could happen to them if they play well and b) to use turning the opportunity down as a further motivational tool for Saturday and the rest of the season.

We just don't know, but it could well work in our favour.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024