Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bonne Gone 16:31 - Jan 4 with 13066 viewsToast_R

Mutual termination.

Filed that one under : meh

Clearly a League One standard player much like Connor Washington and that Wheeler chap. One of these days we'll get one right but begs the question when QPR are scouting from the division below, what are they looking at in a striker, is it all done on statistics thesedays instead of someone's keen eye for what's required?

[Post edited 4 Jan 2023 16:38]
Bonne Gone on 16:33 - Jan 4 with 5754 viewsHayesender

More to follow hopefully

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Bonne Gone on 16:35 - Jan 4 with 5731 viewsflynnbo

Hopefully will free up some cash.
Bonne Gone on 16:36 - Jan 4 with 5713 viewsBklynRanger

Bonne voyage
Bonne Gone on 16:49 - Jan 4 with 5570 viewsAntti_Heinola

tbf Bonne had scored a few goals at Champ level in a struggling Charlton team, so wasn't JUST a lower league signing.
We'll find a bargain one day.

Bare bones.

Bonne Gone on 16:52 - Jan 4 with 5513 viewsNorthernr

Waving him goodbye.

Bonne Gone on 16:52 - Jan 4 with 5509 viewsOldPedro

If he could learn to stay onside, there might have been a player in there. I'm guessing that there must have been clauses in his contract or the transfer fee if he reached 45 games (official says he made 44 appearances) and that is why he hasn't had a go this season.

It will be interesting to see where he ends up - league 1 maybe?

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Bonne Gone on 16:53 - Jan 4 with 5492 viewsJames_Paddocks

£2million we spent on him...

Piss poor from everyone involved.
Bonne Gone on 16:53 - Jan 4 with 5488 viewsGaxZE

Conor Washington should've been what we wanted, but I suspect he wasn't scouted properly or utilised in the right way. Should we have picked him up now with this type of team he may have faired better.

Peterborough have a great track record with selling strikers for clubs like ours:

- Dwight Gayle
- Ivan Toney
- Britt Assombalonga
- Jack Marriott
- Siriki Dembélé
- Conor Washington
- Aaron McLean
- Craig Mackail-Smith

All of these had great goalscoring seasons with Posh and we happen to pick one of the two arguable duds.
Login to get fewer ads

Bonne Gone on 16:55 - Jan 4 with 5433 viewsQPREvo

Could possibly on his way to Leyton Orient. Reckon we will recall Kelman as well.
Bonne Gone on 16:58 - Jan 4 with 5377 viewsvanrrrr

Bonne Gone on 16:35 - Jan 4 by flynnbo

Hopefully will free up some cash.

Save on Jaffa Cakes too
Bonne Gone on 16:58 - Jan 4 with 5342 viewsgazza1

Did he, actually, cost us £2 million
Bonne Gone on 16:59 - Jan 4 with 5347 viewsParkRoyalR

Bonne Gone on 16:53 - Jan 4 by GaxZE

Conor Washington should've been what we wanted, but I suspect he wasn't scouted properly or utilised in the right way. Should we have picked him up now with this type of team he may have faired better.

Peterborough have a great track record with selling strikers for clubs like ours:

- Dwight Gayle
- Ivan Toney
- Britt Assombalonga
- Jack Marriott
- Siriki Dembélé
- Conor Washington
- Aaron McLean
- Craig Mackail-Smith

All of these had great goalscoring seasons with Posh and we happen to pick one of the two arguable duds.

Conor Washington had no pace, presence, strength and according to an insider at the club was recognised as a very poor finisher after only a few weeks at the club.

Macauley Bonne had his moments but liked playing on the shoulder of defenders, which in an Eze less attack that does'nt like to pass forward first-time, was always going to result in too many offside calls and was never going to work for him.

Did'nt mind the lad and thought he always put a shift-in. Wish him well.
Bonne Gone on 17:02 - Jan 4 with 5319 viewsOldPedro

Bonne Gone on 16:53 - Jan 4 by James_Paddocks

He scored 11 goals in 33 games for Charlton in the Championship the season before (so 1 goal in 3), so was worth a go but it didn't work out.

For comparison, when Jordan Hugill was with us, he scored 13 goals in 39 games (1 in 3) and most people wanted to keep Hugill (if we could have afforded him)

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Bonne Gone on 17:02 - Jan 4 with 5316 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bonne Gone on 16:58 - Jan 4 by gazza1

No.

"Up to" 2 million, iirc, and unless those additional clauses were for bad haircuts then I doubt they were triggered.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bonne Gone on 17:04 - Jan 4 with 5283 viewsLowerloftLad

Bye bye jaffa cakes

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Bonne Gone on 17:09 - Jan 4 with 5224 viewsLoyalitat

I wish the lad well too. He did play at this level for relegated Charlton and scored 11 goals (no penalties) in about 34 games in his first season at this level after joining from Leyton Orient who were a non-league side at the time. So they were impressive numbers and I can understand why we signed him.

Sadly it didn't work out, but he only had 8 starts and some of those only happened as Dykes was away on international duty. As much as I like Dykes, it has to be said that he is yet to manage 11 goals in open play in a season and with much better players than Bonne had at Charlton. All the best to him.
Bonne Gone on 17:13 - Jan 4 with 5174 viewsdaveB

no, it was 2million if he scored loads of goals and we went up
Bonne Gone on 17:13 - Jan 4 with 5177 viewsAntti_Heinola

Bonne Gone on 16:53 - Jan 4 by James_Paddocks

No we didn't.

Bare bones.

Bonne Gone on 17:17 - Jan 4 with 5119 viewsbosh67

Closer to £1.3m from what I've heard but a shame we couldn't get anything for him.

I know he was our side, their side, offside most of the time but I thunk we have done what we often do and not really spend the coaching hours making a half decent player decent.

I for one wish him luck.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Bonne Gone on 17:31 - Jan 4 with 4990 viewsLblock

What an absolute waste of anything up to £2mill…. It’s like we chopped Eze’s right leg off at the knee and tossed it in the bin.
Sooner Warburton had bought 500,000 scratch cards and put the rest behind the bar at The Defectors Weld.
FFS etc

The flip side to this is somebody has finally realised it’s pointless him staying here and we need to start a player churn. I just hope whoever identified Bonne as a key investment of the Eze fee has either already left, is soon out the door or is kept busy counting paper clips instead of working on transfers

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Bonne Gone on 17:36 - Jan 4 with 4939 viewsHAYESBOY

Think the fee was a pound upfront but add ons were a pound for every time he was offside.
So could be 2 mill.

Plus side, think this means someone in coming.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Bonne Gone on 17:38 - Jan 4 with 4925 viewsNortholt_Rs

What a total failure of a signing …. Another one.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Bonne Gone on 17:40 - Jan 4 with 4888 viewsDixie_CT

I hear Tony Fernandes signed him after they won a few rounds of Fortnite on the PS4.

Absolutely nothing to do with the football experts at the club.

If I listen closely enough, I can still hear Steve Gallen laughing on his daily stroll through Acton Park
Bonne Gone on 17:41 - Jan 4 with 4872 viewsdmm

Don't all clubs sign players who don't make it?
Bonne Gone on 17:42 - Jan 4 with 4859 viewsstanistheman

Bonne Gone on 17:09 - Jan 4 by Loyalitat

I wish the lad well too. He did play at this level for relegated Charlton and scored 11 goals (no penalties) in about 34 games in his first season at this level after joining from Leyton Orient who were a non-league side at the time. So they were impressive numbers and I can understand why we signed him.

Sadly it didn't work out, but he only had 8 starts and some of those only happened as Dykes was away on international duty. As much as I like Dykes, it has to be said that he is yet to manage 11 goals in open play in a season and with much better players than Bonne had at Charlton. All the best to him.

I agree. Bonne was not really given a proper chance and would have liked to see him get a run of games alongside Dykes. As you say, Dykes has struggled for goals from open play throughout his 2 and a half season yet nearly always plays. I would understand better if his presence up front resulted in goals from the other attackers like Willock, Chair, Roberts, Adomah, Armstrong and the central midfielders, but apart from the first two the others rarely score. Amos scored a few last season but that isn’t enough to warrant playing Dykes as a lone striker.

Good luck to Bonne wherever he goes and I suspect he will be scoring for them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024