Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why I hate the FA Cup…. 17:12 - Jan 8 with 2033 viewsLeedsR

I hate the FA Cup.
I hate our consistently feeble approach to it over the last 30 years or so.
I hate the fact that bar literally a handful of occasions over the last 30 years, we haven’t had any excitement over who we might draw in the next round.
I hate that we don’t seem to want to take the opportunity to improve our finances by actually making an effort in those games.
I hate that the “big” clubs don’t value it as much.
I hate that we don’t even try to take advantage of that attitude.
I hate that we can never get excited about a cup run to bring a bit of joy to a usually fruitless season.
I hate that we can’t say that at least we’re doing ok in the cup.

To think that when I was a kid, that despite being the only one at school who supported QPR, the stick I got for it was somewhat measured, as having made the cup final was an indication that we weren’t that bad.

I know that in the grand scheme of things, there are other more serious issues that folks have to be dealing with, and I have my own worries, but you do need something to cheer about, even if it is only football. And despite it all, and the illogicality of it, I will still support the Rs, and I will still shout, albeit in a weary and resigned tone at the moment, COME ON YOU Rs!! And I hate feeling like this!!!

Sorry about that. Needed to get it off my chest.
Why I hate the FA Cup…. on 20:33 - Jan 8 with 1888 viewsLogman

I hate the fact that lower League and non-League teams gear up for it and really enjoy their days but we take the competition for granted and are always so half-arsed about it. I love the players but I hate them for not being able to get the better of these inferior teams year in year out.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2023 20:35]
Why I hate the FA Cup…. on 20:51 - Jan 8 with 1854 viewsaston_hoop

I love the FA Cup and I wish we cared about it as a club. I'm too young for 82 so I have never really seen us have a crack, I just want to see us have a go one year

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Why I hate the FA Cup…. on 21:10 - Jan 8 with 1833 viewsSK_hoops

Why I hate the FA Cup…. on 20:51 - Jan 8 by aston_hoop

I love the FA Cup and I wish we cared about it as a club. I'm too young for 82 so I have never really seen us have a crack, I just want to see us have a go one year

I saw a decent cup run when I was a kid around 95, I remember beating Millwall and maybe West Ham. Think we got to the quarters. Been virtually nothing since. Vauxhall motors being perhaps the lowest point of supporting this club. So used to it by now, sadly...
[Post edited 8 Jan 2023 21:11]
Why I hate the FA Cup…. on 21:18 - Jan 8 with 1809 viewsHammersmithR

We have not had a cup run since 95 when we went to Old Trafford in the Quarter Final. I was up there for the game. I turn 40 next season! That’s embarrassing. We have a generation of fans who have never seen us get past the 5th round. Even the 3 years in League One we lost in the first round in all 3 games!
Why I hate the FA Cup…. on 21:25 - Jan 8 with 1787 viewsLeedsR

Why I hate the FA Cup…. on 20:51 - Jan 8 by aston_hoop

Believe me, I want to love the Cup. But supporting QPR makes it nigh on impossible to get even the slightest bit interested in it. Maybe I should qualify it all by saying that I hate the fact that I can’t get excited by the cup, as many of our players do not seem to give a monkey’s about it!
Why I hate the FA Cup…. on 21:41 - Jan 8 with 1763 viewsBushRanger82

Things at this club need to change.
Enough of this shite, is enough.
The angry silence at the Swansea game, just stand there, arms folded across our chests, no cheering, no 'come on you super hoopsaaaaa'
We have to make our displeasure known to those dickheads, that they will get no more easy rides from us off the back of unacceptable performances.
I'll be doing that, even if nobody else will.
I've had just about a bloody enough.
Out of our 2 domestic competions, at the first hurdle, to lower league opposition.
Then there's the 30 year cup shitfest before that.
Fùck 'em, they cannot be allowed to keep doing this to us.
Why I hate the FA Cup…. on 22:32 - Jan 8 with 1718 viewsPlanetHonneywood

While the domestic cups have lost some of their lustre, I'm sure those of us of a certain vintage will recall how wonderful a time it was between 3 April, and 22 and 27 May 1982.

Which included a little trip to Chelsea the week after the semifinal to sing jolly songs about our forthcoming date in HA9.

41 years later, I've been to two QFs, maybe a 4th round, but mostly ignominious capitulations to lower league teams in the 3rd and at least one 1st round.

Fookin sh1te.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Why I hate the FA Cup…. on 22:57 - Jan 8 with 1665 viewsSydneyRs

Why I hate the FA Cup…. on 21:18 - Jan 8 by HammersmithR

We have not had a cup run since 95 when we went to Old Trafford in the Quarter Final. I was up there for the game. I turn 40 next season! That’s embarrassing. We have a generation of fans who have never seen us get past the 5th round. Even the 3 years in League One we lost in the first round in all 3 games!

I was there for that one and the 82 replay. 7,000 of us at Old Trafford that day. Still remember the atmosphere of all the cup games in 95, especially the last minute penalty win v Millwall where all afternoon you could cut the tension with a knife and the explosion of joy when we won it at the end. Was discussing with my brother about getting tickets for the replay when the pen got awarded.

Its a real shame what has happened to the FA cup, a unique and special competition with a wondeful history. Now we have billionaires chasing the bloody champions league.
Login to get fewer ads

Why I hate the FA Cup…. on 23:09 - Jan 8 with 1651 viewsdaveB

I hate QPR a lot more than I hate the FA Cup, apart from us it's been an entertaining weekend of football
Why I hate the FA Cup…. on 09:09 - Jan 9 with 1501 viewsswitchingcode

I love the FA cup but sadly my club doesn’t as demonstrated Saturday when fielding a weak side against a team we had beaten away the week before.Must be the best chance we have had for 70 years to win it or reach the final and why not when you have beaten Liverpool Man City and Man U this season.But no even from a relatively safe position in the league the fear of going down however remote takes priority over the greatest cup competition in the world.Even more sad is I know amongst our fans I’m in the minority with this view.
Would have loved a day out at Fleetwood one of the last grounds to tick off
Why I hate the FA Cup…. on 10:20 - Jan 9 with 1421 viewsdaveB

Why I hate the FA Cup…. on 09:09 - Jan 9 by switchingcode

I love the FA cup but sadly my club doesn’t as demonstrated Saturday when fielding a weak side against a team we had beaten away the week before.Must be the best chance we have had for 70 years to win it or reach the final and why not when you have beaten Liverpool Man City and Man U this season.But no even from a relatively safe position in the league the fear of going down however remote takes priority over the greatest cup competition in the world.Even more sad is I know amongst our fans I’m in the minority with this view.
Would have loved a day out at Fleetwood one of the last grounds to tick off

That did seem mad to play a weakened side at the weekend, your not going down, decent chance of a top half finish so have a go in the cup, hearing some of the managers at struggling teams weekend talk about the league being the priority as if they actually stood a chance of winning the cup anyway was comical.
Why I hate the FA Cup…. on 10:46 - Jan 9 with 1372 viewsBluce_Ree

Why I hate the FA Cup. Well, my first memory of it was 1982. I remember going to school after the replay and every one of those impressionable c*nts was a Spurs fan. Honestly, my primary school was like being stuck in building with 200 Phil Collins.

My first FA Cup match as a fan who could be arsed going to games was our home defeat to Chelsea in 96.

Since then it's been nothing but shite really. I went to that game in Chester against Vauxhall Motors. Absolute piss.

I once brought my wife to a game. Her first QPR match. 6-0 defeat at home to Arsenal. Shite. I once had the misfortune of seeing Mark Hateley score in an FA Cup game. And he cupped his ear at us. C*nt.

That's why I hate the FA Cup. Because it hates me. I mean we're THE WORST EVER FA CUP SIDE. 51 times we've been the biggest of footballing bellends. 51 times.

Let me put that in perspective. We're the Ian Brown of the FA Cup. The very worst at what we do. Have you ever heard Ian Brown sing live? That's us. We're that bad. We're not even Bernard Sumner bad. Bernard fking Sumner. Oh to be Bernard Sumner bad. Nope, we're Ian Brown. Fcking Ian Brown. Hooped bastards. Why are you doing this. Pricks.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Why I hate the FA Cup…. on 10:48 - Jan 9 with 1358 viewsTheChef

I love the FA Cup.

It feels like a party we miss out on every facking season.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024