Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Choose the form of the destructor — Report 16:11 - Mar 5 with 9156 viewsNorthernr

Choose the form of the destructor — Report 5th Mar 2023 15:56
QPR conceded their eighth and ninth goals to a former player this season as Jordan Hugill ran amok in the latest shambolic 3-1 defeat for our beleaguered team, this time at fellow strugglers Rotherham. 20

Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 16:42 - Mar 5 with 5704 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

What did you do Ray?!
Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 17:09 - Mar 5 with 5567 viewswokingrs

Pretty accurate report. Re the incident at the end with Richards. Elderly gentleman (Tommy) seemed to want to break through the stewards and have a go at him. Richards was simply showing his appreciation to these fans that were left and didn’t deserve the abuse he was getting. Very odd behavior from the fan indeed.
Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 17:11 - Mar 5 with 5526 viewsRangersw12

The same people clapping these players are the same people who like watching their wives/partners with other blokes
Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 17:14 - Mar 5 with 5515 viewswokingrs

Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 17:11 - Mar 5 by Rangersw12

The same people clapping these players are the same people who like watching their wives/partners with other blokes

I didn’t clap but still appreciated these players who thanked the fans for their support. As they absolutely should do of course.
Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 17:14 - Mar 5 with 5514 viewsOldPedro

Re Hugill and the elbow, my first instinct was it should have been red, just from the way he through his elbow but haven't seen a replay and it's not even included on the short highlights out today.

Even if the elbow was only worth a yellow, he really should have picked up another booking for simulation for throwing himself to the floor and clutching his head twice. Once the ref stopped the game and it was clear Hugill didn't need any treatment and was just arguing with the ref, he should have booked him.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 17:27 - Mar 5 with 5418 viewsdaveB

Richards was a bizarre performance, i thought on the ball he looked really exciting but that shoelace bit was bizarre.

Kakay was awful, Dickie producing Gus Cesar levels of defending, he has to be dropped Joe Gubbins must be worth a look, he can't be this bad

Whoever gave Adomah a 2 year deal should be fired instantly, complete waste of money, it's painful watching him

i think we're done for, can't se us winning another game this season.
Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 18:11 - Mar 5 with 5182 viewspaulhoop2

Best buy reading that… safer then a hyman at Wayne linekars 16th lol Clive you legend

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 18:14 - Mar 5 with 5162 viewsPaddyhoops

I said I’d be surprised if you gave Dickie a 2 .
Spot on with the 1.
Superb turnout for a dreadful team going only one way.
You’re all nuts.
Login to get fewer ads

Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 18:25 - Mar 5 with 5113 viewsBurnleyhoop

I honestly think we are doomed. I don’t recall ever seeing such a collapse in form and morale compounded by such an extensive injury list and poor attitude ( by some) in my lifetime supporting this club.

We are by far the weakest team in this division and I have absolutely no confidence in our “cavalry “ coming to save the day. Does anyone truly believe we are capable of winning another game this season? We are literally lambs to the slaughter and Blackpool, Wigan and Birmingham will be looking at QPR as an easy 3 points.

Depressing.
Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 19:16 - Mar 5 with 4890 viewsBushRanger82

Applauding off players after a run of results like we've had for months, is just mind boggling.

Gives the impression we're happy to accept such low standards.
Probably why we're constantly dished up this all-too familiar fare, on an all-too regular basis.
Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 19:30 - Mar 5 with 4833 viewsbosh67

Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 18:25 - Mar 5 by Burnleyhoop

I honestly think we are doomed. I don’t recall ever seeing such a collapse in form and morale compounded by such an extensive injury list and poor attitude ( by some) in my lifetime supporting this club.

We are by far the weakest team in this division and I have absolutely no confidence in our “cavalry “ coming to save the day. Does anyone truly believe we are capable of winning another game this season? We are literally lambs to the slaughter and Blackpool, Wigan and Birmingham will be looking at QPR as an easy 3 points.

Depressing.

I kind of agree.

If the Cavalry were players like Charlie Austin, Andre Grey (yeah I know no one liked him but he scored goals), Shaun Derry and Clint Hill I’d be hopeful. But this Cavalry will get injured getting on their horses. I’m not sure Gareth realised that most of them can’t get through a Haka, let alone play a game.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 19:32 - Mar 5 with 4824 viewsmart_Goblin

Not sure that our biggest problem right now is fans applauding players off after losing. I wouldn’t do it after the crap they’ve dished up but I think people can clap players who they think have put in a shift and some are trying .
So to abuse those fans is actually pretty poor really
Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 19:34 - Mar 5 with 4819 viewsbosh67

Well at least your post match reports are a 1000 times more enjoyable than the games. I’m off to tie my shoelaces up QPR style, to each other, then watch me run!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 19:36 - Mar 5 with 4807 viewsNorthernr

Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 19:32 - Mar 5 by mart_Goblin

Not sure that our biggest problem right now is fans applauding players off after losing. I wouldn’t do it after the crap they’ve dished up but I think people can clap players who they think have put in a shift and some are trying .
So to abuse those fans is actually pretty poor really

I'm not abusing, nor do I want the players to be abused, I was genuinely asking the question, because I'm fascinated, what are you applauding? What would this team have to do for them not get clapped off at the end? One win in 20 games.
Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 19:56 - Mar 5 with 4708 viewsmart_Goblin

Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 19:36 - Mar 5 by Northernr

I'm not abusing, nor do I want the players to be abused, I was genuinely asking the question, because I'm fascinated, what are you applauding? What would this team have to do for them not get clapped off at the end? One win in 20 games.

I didn’t say you Clive . I saw a post in this thread which I didn’t think was of great taste .
Had nothing to do with what you originally posted
Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 20:01 - Mar 5 with 4661 viewsPunteR

Shag their wives?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 20:10 - Mar 5 with 4630 viewsCateLeBonR

We're supporters. We clap 🤷🏼‍♂️

I must admit that I've stopped clapping now at the end (I wasn't at Rotherham). I think if you're going to start asking questions like "what are you do applauding?". The next question is why are you going? Which is worrying. It's been a very strange season and clapping is just a normal thing to do and shouldn't be questioned for me.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2023 20:11]
Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 20:12 - Mar 5 with 4575 viewsstainrods_elbow

Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 18:25 - Mar 5 by Burnleyhoop

Depressing.

Understandable, but still a bit ridiculous. Over the course of the season, we're not the worst team in the division - not yet at least. That honour, unless I'm much mistaken, falls to the bottom club. On a pedantic note, but also a personal bugbear, we're not 'literally' lambs to the slaughter either - if we were, the players would be baa-baa-ing their way into the League One slaughterhouse. Mind you, counting (on) them right now (the ones who are actually playing) isn't a bad recipe for sending yourself to sleep, if not death.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 20:23 - Mar 5 with 4530 viewsstainrods_elbow

I think the implication is, Clive, that clapping them off is arguably just fulfilling the minimum requirement of being a football supporter. The question you understandably raise about the minimum a player/team has to do to 'earn' that applause can contestably be turned back on supporters - what does it mean to be one? If Ainsworth and Dobson (who are/were also 'fans') started doing likewise by heckling from the touchline, eyebrows would be raised - even if they're getting paid to be there. Of course, I'm not saying significant criticism isn't/hasn't been very warranted, just raising a question about calling out fans who do something other than giving w*nk signs, booing or standing in stoney silence after a game like Saturday's, which could, I think, have gone the other way on another, happier day.

I've hardly been a model of footballing patience on this board, but as SInton said in comms, and as GW has echoed, the fans are now needed more than ever. The problem, by and large, wasn't a lack of effort at Rotherham to my eyes; it was defensive ineptitude, and a couple of predictable and again costly mistakes/failings, coupled with one or two ccommendably loser things not going our way at the other end.

Meanwhile, I think we'll beat Blackpool - there, I've said it!
[Post edited 5 Mar 2023 20:25]

Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 20:23 - Mar 5 with 4574 viewsmart_Goblin

Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 20:10 - Mar 5 by CateLeBonR

I must admit that I've stopped clapping now at the end (I wasn't at Rotherham). I think if you're going to start asking questions like "what are you do applauding?". The next question is why are you going? Which is worrying. It's been a very strange season and clapping is just a normal thing to do and shouldn't be questioned for me.

Supporters criticising supporters for supporting

Only at QPR
Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 20:24 - Mar 5 with 4521 viewsstainrods_elbow

Good point - why go at all if you're not going to even clap, show defiance, and seem to hate being there? Mind you, there's a thin line between love and hate, as the song goes.

Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 21:00 - Mar 5 with 4418 viewsNorthernr

I think there's a line to draw here between before, during and after the game.

I'm going to support them, during the game, to try and encourage them towards doing better. I'd agree with you and everybody else here that when you have fans booing their own player during the game, for instance, that's entirely counter productive. I'm going to sing and applaud and hopefully celebrate. I'm going because you hope coming out and seeing an away end packed out regardless might inspire them. I'm going because somebody has to, because if nobody does then your club dies. I'm going, personally, often because it's the job of running this site, but I can't pretend I don't enjoy it, or don't want to go, or don't get the little buzz still on Saturday morning.

But when you do all of that, and they let you down again, they play like they did at Hull, they humiliate you and leave you standing there surrounded by baying morons giving it the "hold me back Dave" routine behind the steward line, they go out to Reign on a Saturday night and drop £5k deposit on the door, and you go back to work to save up for Blackpool away, and then you clap them off at the end regardless? It's alien to me, I'm sorry. Is there not a little bone in your body that thinks "fck them"? Look at how they're playing, look at what they're doing. Do you not think/worry that clapping them off at the end regardless tells them this is all acceptable and ok, when it's absolutely fcking not?

This post has been edited by an administrator
Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 21:07 - Mar 5 with 4384 viewsHarbour

Thanks Clive good and fair report…I will be there on Saturday and will almost inevitably see another minimum 3 goal tonking. Will be giving the team full encouragement for the 90 minutes but if another surrender I do not think I will be clapping at the end. It’s becoming very hard to motivate myself to attend games. I am praying their is an upturn and we somehow manage to stay in the division as if we do go down I fear for the long term sustainability and survival of the club which I personally will find very upsetting.
Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 21:32 - Mar 5 with 4271 viewsPeterHucker

Here's my comment Copy & pasted from beneath the match report, my attempt to explain why many (a comfortable majority of those who were still there) were still clapping the players off at the end.

On the question of what and why are people applauding, well, as I say in that forum post (my post earlier today "A few reflections on Rotherham") I neither applauded or gave any players grief.
I have done both many times previously and I can completely understand both sides.
We all want QPR to stay up. Maybe those who are applauding feel that the players are more likely to achieve that with positive encouragement from the fans.
That doesn't necessarily mean that they think these players are any good, or giving their best effort for the cause.
I'm sure even amongst those who are applauding the players off, there is a range of opinions on who is or is not trying their best to keep us up.
The older I've got the more I've started to think that having a go at our own players doesn't achieve anything, other than making the person dishing out the grief feel very marginally less annoyed.
That's not to say I haven't coated our own players off many times because I have.
I'd like to think that Karl Ready's ears are still ringing from all the grief I gave him and I was right to do so because he was a fücking useless cünt with shıt hair.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2023 21:32]
Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 21:41 - Mar 5 with 4212 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 20:24 - Mar 5 by stainrods_elbow

Good point - why go at all if you're not going to even clap, show defiance, and seem to hate being there? Mind you, there's a thin line between love and hate, as the song goes.

I disagree. The Italian Ultras have the right idea; I dread to think what they'd be doing to our mob by this stage. Tyler Roberts would probably be hanging upside in the public square.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2023 23:32]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024