Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leon Balogun, ladies and gents… 17:28 - Apr 1 with 23191 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Sits on his ass for most of the season. Comes back, gives away a penalty after 5 mins then wants to argue with the poor sods that pay their money and time to support this absolute shower.

Leon Balogun, ladies and gents… on 16:00 - Apr 2 with 4632 viewsQPsyR

Leon Balogun, ladies and gents… on 10:19 - Apr 2 by nottonyfernandes

What do you mean by Zulu army ?

Birmingham City mate who we lost to the prior game. There mob is the Zulu Army. Massive respect for them
Reeves & Mortimer's comedy Brummie accents hence the Zulu can feck off too
[Post edited 3 Apr 2023 9:50]

FKA AcidPixie

Leon Balogun, ladies and gents… on 16:10 - Apr 2 with 4557 viewsQPsyR

Leon Balogun, ladies and gents… on 11:29 - Apr 2 by GaryBannister86

I think we all know what he means, sadly. Hope I am wrong, but doubt it.

Bit like the odd comment on the thread on Michael Vaughan - sad to see from QPR fans but I guess it is still endemic in society as a whole.

It's like the other comments you will see regularly pop up about Ferdinand and "his mates". Maybe they are talking about his Spurs connections, maybe they really believe they are all bosom buddies....but.....

Sad.

Sorry what you talking about mate , quite the opposite In fact. If you watch the (i think ) the real football factory documentary about BCFC 's mob The Zulu army they (their words) were the biggest Multicoloured firm.

Really surprised you've never heard of them. They acted up at Loftus road when we beat then 2-1 in 83-84. Actually remember alot of our chatting with them in the away game when Waddock got injured in 1984 as they were in the seats next to the side of Rangers terrace we were in. Was a hot sunny day and I don't know if there was trouble with Rangers but apparently they rioted after (we won 2-0 n bascially relegated BCFC) - well it was in tthe paers anyhow

Also I saw an interesting interview on You Tube about why thety turned out so a massively for Leeds in 84-85

So you've pretty much got the opposite of my reference so an apology would be nice.

FKA AcidPixie

Leon Balogun, ladies and gents… on 16:17 - Apr 2 with 4519 viewsRangersw12

Leon Balogun, ladies and gents… on 16:10 - Apr 2 by QPsyR

Sorry what you talking about mate , quite the opposite In fact. If you watch the (i think ) the real football factory documentary about BCFC 's mob The Zulu army they (their words) were the biggest Multicoloured firm.

Really surprised you've never heard of them. They acted up at Loftus road when we beat then 2-1 in 83-84. Actually remember alot of our chatting with them in the away game when Waddock got injured in 1984 as they were in the seats next to the side of Rangers terrace we were in. Was a hot sunny day and I don't know if there was trouble with Rangers but apparently they rioted after (we won 2-0 n bascially relegated BCFC) - well it was in tthe paers anyhow

Also I saw an interesting interview on You Tube about why thety turned out so a massively for Leeds in 84-85

So you've pretty much got the opposite of my reference so an apology would be nice.

Just ignore the crank mate

Everyone knows what you meant
Leon Balogun, ladies and gents… on 16:24 - Apr 2 with 4473 viewsQPsyR

Leon Balogun, ladies and gents… on 16:17 - Apr 2 by Rangersw12

Just ignore the crank mate

Everyone knows what you meant

Thanks mate. It's no worries, guess a few people haven't heard of Brum's mob TBF
Don't they still chant 'Zulu's gonna get ya?'

But took a bit of t of mental gymnastics to get racism from that Slade sketch lol

FKA AcidPixie

Leon Balogun, ladies and gents… on 16:34 - Apr 2 with 4417 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Leon Balogun, ladies and gents… on 16:40 - Apr 2 with 4368 viewsLblock

Leon Balogun, ladies and gents… on 16:34 - Apr 2 by Padulas_Shampoo

Love the reply with the Little Britain skit in it!!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Leon Balogun, ladies and gents… on 16:40 - Apr 2 with 4378 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I find this hard to believe frankly.

However, if it is true, those accusing him of cashing them off (see Undr The Cosh) should have a word with themselves.
Leon Balogun, ladies and gents… on 16:55 - Apr 2 with 4257 viewsdaveB

Leon Balogun, ladies and gents… on 16:24 - Apr 2 by QPsyR

Thanks mate. It's no worries, guess a few people haven't heard of Brum's mob TBF
Don't they still chant 'Zulu's gonna get ya?'

But took a bit of t of mental gymnastics to get racism from that Slade sketch lol

I haven't heard of them and struggling to understand the connection between the Birmingham firm, wanting Balogun gone and Les Ferdinand. Will take your word for it though, it went completely over my head
Login to get fewer ads

Leon Balogun, ladies and gents… on 16:57 - Apr 2 with 4241 viewsdaveB

Lets face it he's an idiot for going over whatever his intentions, wasn't the time to have a debate was it, just clap and walk off
Leon Balogun, ladies and gents… on 17:00 - Apr 2 with 4155 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I've got more respect for a player going over to the fans than ones who don't.
Leon Balogun, ladies and gents… on 17:01 - Apr 2 with 4181 viewsQPsyR

Leon Balogun, ladies and gents… on 16:55 - Apr 2 by daveB

I haven't heard of them and struggling to understand the connection between the Birmingham firm, wanting Balogun gone and Les Ferdinand. Will take your word for it though, it went completely over my head

The Brummie accents in the R&M Slade sketch.. monster trucks and Cup a soup lol
hence the Zulu army can fck of as well - also they beat us in the prior game
Must just be me cos the Zulu Army is the first thing I think of re BCFC or when I hear a Brummie accent

FKA AcidPixie

Leon Balogun, ladies and gents… on 17:02 - Apr 2 with 4176 viewsOldPedro

Leon Balogun, ladies and gents… on 16:57 - Apr 2 by daveB

Lets face it he's an idiot for going over whatever his intentions, wasn't the time to have a debate was it, just clap and walk off

My thoughts exactly - I think it's right that the players come towards the fans to thank us for making the trip to Wigan but they should have read the situation with some fans booing and shouting abuse and not come right up to the away stand.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Leon Balogun, ladies and gents… on 17:04 - Apr 2 with 4149 viewsconnell10

His best bet is to shut up .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Leon Balogun, ladies and gents… on 18:13 - Apr 2 with 3867 viewsdaveB

Leon Balogun, ladies and gents… on 17:01 - Apr 2 by QPsyR

The Brummie accents in the R&M Slade sketch.. monster trucks and Cup a soup lol
hence the Zulu army can fck of as well - also they beat us in the prior game
Must just be me cos the Zulu Army is the first thing I think of re BCFC or when I hear a Brummie accent

Yeah it went right over my head that one, I can see why he got the wrong end of the stick there
Leon Balogun, ladies and gents… on 18:14 - Apr 2 with 3866 viewsGloucs_R

If he didn't give a 🤬 and wanted out, he wouldn't have released this statement. He could quite easily sign himself off for the rest of the season with another injury. We have no choice than to stick together.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Leon Balogun, ladies and gents… on 18:16 - Apr 2 with 3836 viewscharmr

My mail guy is from Birmingham and was one of the original Zulu lot. Started apparently standing in a certain corner of the ground and just got bigger. Definitely a multi cultural thing. He has a white mum and a black dad. He’s got some stories including the Leeds game and once at Liverpool away. Was friends with that UB40 lot as well.

Funny enough found it hard to be accepted here because of his parents. Worked in a school here last year and the kid with mixed parents took a constant ear bashing about not being black enough. He stood up for him self mind. Could see it hurt him inside though.

Every day I make him a cup of tea with 1 1/2 sugars.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2023 18:19]
Leon Balogun, ladies and gents… on 18:29 - Apr 2 with 3660 viewsDorse

Does this qualify as a 'dossier'? He's almost asked for an inquiry from a committee of interested parties. Is Sue Grey available to chair it?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Leon Balogun, ladies and gents… on 19:12 - Apr 2 with 3457 viewsJamesB1979

Leon Balogun, ladies and gents… on 17:04 - Apr 2 by connell10

His best bet is to shut up .

If he didn’t give a sh it, he wouldn’t have bothered writing this. Whatever happened with his injury and yesterday, let’s move on. I think we need him for rest of season.
Leon Balogun, ladies and gents… on 19:22 - Apr 2 with 3285 viewsstainrods_elbow

If we take this statment as sincere, and I'm willing to, he's gone up in my estimation. It both reads eloquently and is timely, and, as someone else has pointed out, he didn't have to put it out there. So let's try to give OURSELVES a break from all the rage and hatred.

The other factor is pragmatic - like it or not, through gritted teeth or not, we have to stick together and try to get this horrendous season over the line (and then forget it as quickly as possible). The post-mortems/recriminations/toxic release can come later, and this summer, whatever league we're in, can and should involve a very hard look at all aspects of the club by their owner. (LH reportedly resigning will be a blessed start.)
[Post edited 2 Apr 2023 19:25]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Leon Balogun, ladies and gents… on 19:33 - Apr 2 with 3257 viewsmart_Goblin

Whether we like it or not , we need him
Leon Balogun, ladies and gents… on 20:21 - Apr 2 with 2962 viewsRs_Holy

Leon Balogun, ladies and gents… on 19:22 - Apr 2 by stainrods_elbow

If we take this statment as sincere, and I'm willing to, he's gone up in my estimation. It both reads eloquently and is timely, and, as someone else has pointed out, he didn't have to put it out there. So let's try to give OURSELVES a break from all the rage and hatred.

The other factor is pragmatic - like it or not, through gritted teeth or not, we have to stick together and try to get this horrendous season over the line (and then forget it as quickly as possible). The post-mortems/recriminations/toxic release can come later, and this summer, whatever league we're in, can and should involve a very hard look at all aspects of the club by their owner. (LH reportedly resigning will be a blessed start.)

He’s done the right thing… and said all the stuff he should in that statement.
Now Let’s have a Funking performance from the team on Friday Leon and really show us how much they care!
[Post edited 2 Apr 2023 21:34]
Leon Balogun, ladies and gents… on 22:12 - Apr 2 with 2682 viewsjohann28

Leon Balogun, ladies and gents… on 21:12 - Apr 1 by Hayesender

Asked my mate who was down the front (can see him in the video) what Balogun did. This is his reply...

about money saying you pay to watch I earn no matter what and doing the money sign with his hand.

Any truth in this he should be bomded out of the club tonight

Couldn't hear the exchange but saw him give the money sign and that's what seemed to set everything off. Very sad to see.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2023 22:14]
Leon Balogun, ladies and gents… on 23:05 - Apr 2 with 2469 viewsGaryBannister86

Leon Balogun, ladies and gents… on 16:10 - Apr 2 by QPsyR

Sure I did apologise earlier and I do so again to you.
Leon Balogun, ladies and gents… on 09:43 - Apr 3 with 2003 viewsQPsyR

Leon Balogun, ladies and gents… on 23:05 - Apr 2 by GaryBannister86

Sure I did apologise earlier and I do so again to you.

Thanks appreciated
Felt a bit like Father Ted when I read through a couple of the reply's lol

In case anyone is offended by that clip watch the episode to get the context it's one of the funniest - you won't regret it (hopefully)

FKA AcidPixie

Leon Balogun, ladies and gents… on 10:00 - Apr 3 with 1890 viewsfrancisbowles

Leon Balogun, ladies and gents… on 19:22 - Apr 2 by stainrods_elbow

It must be a first, I've upvoted your post. I agree with your sentiments.

However, you just can't resist that dig at Lee Hoos though.
It's not all his fault🤔

I have though come to the conclusion that his time is done.
He like others, has lost his way and we need a fresh impetus.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024