Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ferdinand Out 17:58 - Apr 7 with 13001 viewsessextaxiboy

The common denominator , Managers, Contracts, Coaching , Scouting , Recruitment , everything to do with actual football is a car crash .
As a DOF he has been a disaster yet when he spoke to Clive didn’t concede any errors at all .
Sack him tonight , he has thrown enough people under the bus now ..
[Post edited 7 Apr 2023 19:34]
Ferdinand Out on 20:24 - Apr 7 with 2202 viewscorse

Great player but not the best forward we ve had in those years. Just my opinion. I do rate Marc Falco higher. As a DoF Ferdinand has been a disaster. Should resign now.
Ferdinand Out on 21:23 - Apr 7 with 2040 viewsPunteR

No matter his QPR history, he's been a shit DoFÄŸ.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ferdinand Out on 21:34 - Apr 7 with 1997 viewsGloucs_R

Ferdinand Out on 20:06 - Apr 7 by JamesB1979

Word “legend” is mentioned for Ainsworth, Holloway. To me that diminishes those that are genuine legends. Les was as a player a QPR legend. He was a fantastic centre forward at the top league in the country and for little old QPR. As a director of football, he has been beyond awful though. Wish he’d resign tonight.

Exactly this 👍

A fantastic striker who gave so many of us great memories.

But...as a DOF he has absolutely failed and needs to go. In fact, what he needs to do is resign and say he's sorry, he's done his best but he realizes that it's not good enough. Anything else just demonstrates self-righteousness and arrogance.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ferdinand Out on 21:39 - Apr 7 with 1959 viewsMatch82

Ferdinand Out on 19:09 - Apr 7 by macclesfieldman

1,000,000% he has to go and Hoos and Ramsey and the Data & Medical teams.
The ONLY sucess on the football side is Andy Sinton.

Disagree on Hoos. Thought he was doing an incredible job, up to the point where he made the call to back Warburton in bringing in Stef, Charlie etc. That decision is what ultimately led to Warburton leaving because of elevated expectations.

Since then, agreed questionable call after questionable call by everyone at board level. But credit where it's due to the first 2/3 of his time here, he put us on the map to being a respectable, somewhat sustainable club, shame it's gone south since then.
Ferdinand Out on 21:49 - Apr 7 with 1888 viewsLblock

He has a feather in his cap though... we excel in community work and diversity

Great.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Ferdinand Out on 22:02 - Apr 7 with 1835 viewsLblock

They say never meet your hero's.
Point in case here.

Les Ferdinand was, and remains, the finest striker I have EVER seen pull on a QPR shirt unless you include Adel as a striker.
The man had the lot - loved him and it was and is only Clive Wilson who edges him as my all time favourite.

So I'm DJ'ing at an awards bash and I'm told there's a special guest turning up and I'm told I won't be disappointed.
Up rocks Sir Les in club tracksuit and is up on stage with me a few mins before he's on. So of course it's chat time.... my God... talk about put you down, give you disdain and sort of have snipes at the club. I spent ages thinking maybe I'd read it wrong. I was absolutely devastated and that stuck with me for ages

Fast forward to The Spot. If you know, you know and it's a bit of a place back then.
I'll not go into detail but it was clear to me that the club was a means to an end.

Read his book - his views on us as a club jump off the pages.

I truly believe if he honestly ranked the clubs he loved in order it would be:-
1. The Spot (!!!! Okay I'm joking there...!!!)
It would be:-
1. Newcastle
2. Spuds
3. Hayes
4. QPR (the racist club)

Never agreed with Bungle appointing him as a riot shield and he has done zip to justify being where he is.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Ferdinand Out on 23:03 - Apr 7 with 1741 viewsOakR

Best striker by a mile I've seen play for us.

I'm not 100% clear on what his remit is, so not 100% sure how much he has failed or succeded.

If we look at the last 4 manager appointments:

1. Appointing Warburton - for me good appointment
2. Releasing Warburton - could see both sides, I would have kept him but...
3. Appointing Beale - good appointment - if he had stayed I don't think we would be having this conversation now.

I'd say arguably up to October appointments were decent.

4. Critchley. It wasn't overly inspiring, but at the time was it a bad appointment? With where we were I thought it was ok actually. a 5/10 appointment. Clearly didn't work so maybe not 5/10 I suppose.

5. Appointing Ainsworth. This ones felt good as we all love him, but it also felt instinctively wrong. It may still turn out well but the main concern it went so far away from what we seemed to want to be doing. I said before that for me this is possibly a reason he should go - it felt like a panic appointment.

Player signings.

With the budget constraints I think signings have been ok. Not the best, not the worst, and we've played some good football over the past few years at times.

Re the Academy, I think it's always a shot in the dark and you could argue whether Acadamies really work, especially when not CAT1 when players can be easily poached by PL teams.

There's a lof of anger / despair etc over what has happened since Oct / Nov last year. That period has been awful. Has his whole time as DOF of football been awful, I don't think so.

Should he go now, is it time for a different approach? Probably, but personally If I was on the board I'd wait til the end of the season and have a look at everything and decide what to do.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Ferdinand Out on 00:02 - Apr 8 with 1629 viewsPunteR

Ferdinand Out on 23:03 - Apr 7 by OakR

Best striker by a mile I've seen play for us.

I'm not 100% clear on what his remit is, so not 100% sure how much he has failed or succeded.

If we look at the last 4 manager appointments:

1. Appointing Warburton - for me good appointment
2. Releasing Warburton - could see both sides, I would have kept him but...
3. Appointing Beale - good appointment - if he had stayed I don't think we would be having this conversation now.

I'd say arguably up to October appointments were decent.

4. Critchley. It wasn't overly inspiring, but at the time was it a bad appointment? With where we were I thought it was ok actually. a 5/10 appointment. Clearly didn't work so maybe not 5/10 I suppose.

5. Appointing Ainsworth. This ones felt good as we all love him, but it also felt instinctively wrong. It may still turn out well but the main concern it went so far away from what we seemed to want to be doing. I said before that for me this is possibly a reason he should go - it felt like a panic appointment.

Player signings.

With the budget constraints I think signings have been ok. Not the best, not the worst, and we've played some good football over the past few years at times.

Re the Academy, I think it's always a shot in the dark and you could argue whether Acadamies really work, especially when not CAT1 when players can be easily poached by PL teams.

There's a lof of anger / despair etc over what has happened since Oct / Nov last year. That period has been awful. Has his whole time as DOF of football been awful, I don't think so.

Should he go now, is it time for a different approach? Probably, but personally If I was on the board I'd wait til the end of the season and have a look at everything and decide what to do.

State of this club.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Ferdinand Out on 01:50 - Apr 8 with 1542 views08olesen

He is the root cause of all of this IMO.

Scouting- He oversees a scouting programme ran by Andy Belk, who has literally no experience in this role, and yet it is the core of our whole strategy! We then seem to bring in whoever the manager's old mates are anyway.

Transfers- No coherent theme to what we are doing, one minute loaning 'Premier league' players like Andre Gray, Hendrick who offer no long term benefit for the club. Then loaning in players like Tim or Jamal who may be exciting but have no skin in the game. Then when we do need an older player to support the young ones, we dont renew Barbet and bring in injury prone JCS- criminal.

Contracts- time and time again he messed these up, giving them to the wrong people at the wrong time. You cant force people to sign, but there seems to be no forward planning at all.

Management- Sacking Warbs was the wrong move when we finally had stability and to be fair- many on this board believed that too, so it isnt in hindsight. Bringing in Gareth now makes no sense to me- we have a bunch of small technical players but now we boot a 20% ball down the channel for Lyndon to stumble after.

He needs to go!

Poll: Who will the other play off

Ferdinand Out on 01:55 - Apr 8 with 1523 viewsconnell10

Totally agree I've stood up for him in the past but my god he is doing a shite job. Should leave the club ASAP.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Ferdinand Out on 07:38 - Apr 8 with 1353 viewsdmm

I think Ferdinand will go at the end of the summer, regardless of whether we stay up or not, and the DoF position will be binned.

In view of what Ainsworth and Dobson achieved at Wycombe, they'll be handed the reigns to do a similar job here.

Whether they can be successful at QPR is, of course, the next big question.
Ferdinand Out on 07:54 - Apr 8 with 1301 viewsToast_R

I think this thread is a prime example of why club legends shouldn't go back.

Gutted it has gone like this under Ferdinand's stewardship. He was brought in to the club at a time we all.felt disconnected under Harry Redknapps crass spending on players. Again, another appeasement move by the board to chuck us fans a bone.

Clearly after best part of ten years his connection with QPR will end in spectacular disaster and it's heartbreaking.
Ferdinand Out on 08:37 - Apr 8 with 1211 viewsTK1

No, it all goes back to the Tune group, to Ruben Gnanalingam, Tony Fernandes and whoever their shifting minority partners are at various points of recent history (and it's really fallen off the cliff since the mysterious Richard Reilly joined the board).

The fact fans were singing 'fcuk off Les Ferdinand' yesterday and not 'fcuk off Tony Fernandes' or 'fcuk off Ruben Gnanalingam' (good luck with that one) means that Les Ferdinand has actually fulfilled his remit perfectly.

You can change the managers. You can change the DOF (and definitely should now). You can change the CEO (must go) and the even the figurehead chairman. Sometimes you'll get an uplift, But those Tune group owners have wrecked the club. Nothing changes unless they do. They bought a newly promoted Premier League team, almost debt free, and ten years later they have produced a L1 team with crippling debts and a world record fine that they provoked, who are about to be relegated by the manager they first sacked a few weeks after buying the club.

They may mean well. But in the words of Logan Roy, they are not serious people. And they have broken their plaything.
Ferdinand Out on 08:45 - Apr 8 with 1176 viewspaulparker

Ferdinand Out on 08:37 - Apr 8 by TK1

No, it all goes back to the Tune group, to Ruben Gnanalingam, Tony Fernandes and whoever their shifting minority partners are at various points of recent history (and it's really fallen off the cliff since the mysterious Richard Reilly joined the board).

The fact fans were singing 'fcuk off Les Ferdinand' yesterday and not 'fcuk off Tony Fernandes' or 'fcuk off Ruben Gnanalingam' (good luck with that one) means that Les Ferdinand has actually fulfilled his remit perfectly.

You can change the managers. You can change the DOF (and definitely should now). You can change the CEO (must go) and the even the figurehead chairman. Sometimes you'll get an uplift, But those Tune group owners have wrecked the club. Nothing changes unless they do. They bought a newly promoted Premier League team, almost debt free, and ten years later they have produced a L1 team with crippling debts and a world record fine that they provoked, who are about to be relegated by the manager they first sacked a few weeks after buying the club.

They may mean well. But in the words of Logan Roy, they are not serious people. And they have broken their plaything.

Top post

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ferdinand Out on 08:54 - Apr 8 with 1165 viewsJamesB1979

Or it could be that they, mainly Tony, were criticised (rightly) for constantly making the wrong decisions that resulted in a huge FFP fine. So they got in a “football” CEO and a DoF. These 2 individuals drive strategy for board to approve and ultimately pay for. We have gone backwards both on football field m, 1st team and lack of good youth talent to bring through. Financially, our accounts show we are still paying huge wages and make sizeable loss. The owners are paying for all that. The issue with the owners is that sacking Hoos and Ferdinand would be unpopular in some quarters. Sacking a qpr legend…..I’m not sure they have the guts to do that.
Ferdinand Out on 08:55 - Apr 8 with 1155 viewsNortholt_Rs

This!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Ferdinand Out on 09:00 - Apr 8 with 1129 viewsgazza1

Ferdinand Out on 20:24 - Apr 7 by corse

Great player but not the best forward we ve had in those years. Just my opinion. I do rate Marc Falco higher. As a DoF Ferdinand has been a disaster. Should resign now.

it is your opinion but to believe that Mark Falco was a better player than Les is 'proper wrong'......
Ferdinand Out on 09:11 - Apr 8 with 1105 viewsgazza1

I probably think that it is time to replace Les.....as for the abuse he is getting is pretty poor imho.

I would say that I do not know what his role and responsibilities are at QPR, I do not know if he chooses what players are moved into the club whether that be loans or signings - I'm sure he has an input along with many other people at the club. As for the Managers, likewise he will have his input along with many others.

Regarding Managers, the last 4, Warburton, good appointment, moved us forward, like it or not he 'done his time' and the time was right whatever many think, Beale - most were happy with him but he deserted us, again with Critchley, most were OK with the appointment and then will Gareth, many were overjoyed (not me btw).

Its all very well blaming one person for our failings and there have been many but to be like these threads is absolutely horrid.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2023 9:12]
Ferdinand Out on 09:12 - Apr 8 with 1101 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Precisely. I haven't seen much of the nepo baby chairman recently but daddy will buy him a new plaything to replace the one he smashed up.
Ferdinand Out on 09:12 - Apr 8 with 1105 viewsNorthantsHoop

At QPR we live in the past, it is all around us and there lies the problem. We are a heritage club which tries to hold onto what might have been but just not good enough to get there. There were and are signs of progression i.e new training centre, but we are handcuffed into a ground that is no longer fit for purpose in the modern game. On Ferdinand yes he should go and should have been ditched along with Ramsey, Hoos, Hall etc. last season. Personally Warburton should have been moved up to DoF with Eustace taking over head coach role and a total re-build of the coaching structure, but this is all hindsight. Expect once that training centre is completed club will be put up for sale.
Ferdinand Out on 09:18 - Apr 8 with 1084 viewsgazza1

How do you put the problems at the club down to the Tune Group.......they keep us afloat, they are too remote to actually get things working on the pitch, they may get to meet the potential new manager, they will not be involved with the technicalities of a footballer, they will just help out financially!!!!!
Ferdinand Out on 09:25 - Apr 8 with 1056 viewsTK1

Ferdinand Out on 08:54 - Apr 8 by JamesB1979

Or it could be that they, mainly Tony, were criticised (rightly) for constantly making the wrong decisions that resulted in a huge FFP fine. So they got in a “football” CEO and a DoF. These 2 individuals drive strategy for board to approve and ultimately pay for. We have gone backwards both on football field m, 1st team and lack of good youth talent to bring through. Financially, our accounts show we are still paying huge wages and make sizeable loss. The owners are paying for all that. The issue with the owners is that sacking Hoos and Ferdinand would be unpopular in some quarters. Sacking a qpr legend…..I’m not sure they have the guts to do that.

Disagree. Sacking them now would be the popular move so it will definitely happen but I imagine the pair will leave of their own accord anyway. Then QPR will be back to square one, with Ainsworth buying a load of his players in the summer. You don't have to be be psychic to see it coming. It's obvious.
The idea that the board have been hands-off with football decisions since appointing LF is clearly untrue: see the appointment of McClaren, for example, or the signing of Austin the second time. I doubt very much the appointment of Ainsworth had anything to do with Les, either, and everyone was very keen to take credit for Mick Beale last summer - we had long interviews on the official site stressing the group responsibility for this genius appointment, the meticulous grooming of him. Now, let's let Les take all the flak for the season they all wanted credit for. It's typical and what they pay him for. Any decent DOF watching will be noting how they treat loyal appointments - Warnock, Holloway, Warburton, even evil Les - and thinking twice...
Ferdinand Out on 09:40 - Apr 8 with 1026 viewsTK1

Ferdinand Out on 09:18 - Apr 8 by gazza1

How do you put the problems at the club down to the Tune Group.......they keep us afloat, they are too remote to actually get things working on the pitch, they may get to meet the potential new manager, they will not be involved with the technicalities of a footballer, they will just help out financially!!!!!

They bought a newly promoted PL club with zero debt. They now have a Championship club with enormous debt, compounded by £42 million FFP fine for a breach that they committed.
Nobody else did this. It's entirely down to them. Yes, they service the debt they saddled us with. If they leave, the financial mess will be their fault. If they stay it's all on them.
Who else's fault could be? The fans? Who told them to buy an English football club and "be too remote to actually get things working on the pitch"? They wanted a plaything. They broke it. And they broke some very decent QPR people along the way (see Ollie, Les now). You don't owe Tony Fernandes - who was happy to milk it in the PL - or Ruben Gnanalingam any more than you owe Chris Wright, Richard Thompson or even the sainted Jim Gregory, who nearly ended the club. The owners always have a duty of care. They have clearly not fulfilled that by any stretch of the imagination!
Ferdinand Out on 09:43 - Apr 8 with 1004 viewsgazza1

Ferdinand Out on 09:40 - Apr 8 by TK1

They bought a newly promoted PL club with zero debt. They now have a Championship club with enormous debt, compounded by £42 million FFP fine for a breach that they committed.
Nobody else did this. It's entirely down to them. Yes, they service the debt they saddled us with. If they leave, the financial mess will be their fault. If they stay it's all on them.
Who else's fault could be? The fans? Who told them to buy an English football club and "be too remote to actually get things working on the pitch"? They wanted a plaything. They broke it. And they broke some very decent QPR people along the way (see Ollie, Les now). You don't owe Tony Fernandes - who was happy to milk it in the PL - or Ruben Gnanalingam any more than you owe Chris Wright, Richard Thompson or even the sainted Jim Gregory, who nearly ended the club. The owners always have a duty of care. They have clearly not fulfilled that by any stretch of the imagination!

OK, your opinion.....a long way from mine. We are where we are now because of the footballing side of the Club - we have failed to deliver.
Ferdinand Out on 09:46 - Apr 8 with 1000 viewsNortholt_Rs

Ferdinand Out on 09:43 - Apr 8 by gazza1

OK, your opinion.....a long way from mine. We are where we are now because of the footballing side of the Club - we have failed to deliver.

We are where we are now because of more than 11 years of gross incompetence by these owners. They’ve destroyed the club.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2023 9:47]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024