Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread 17:06 - Apr 12 with 39333 viewsstowmarketrange

My 1st ever attempt at starting one of these threads so hopefully it’s a good omen.

If you’d said in October that these two teams would be either going for the playoffs,or fighting relegation,you’d be certifiable if you said that it would be us down the bottom of the league,fighting against the dreaded drop,but here we are.

Is there enough life left in the tired old body of this qpr team to get enough points to stay in the championship?If you’d asked me that question at 5pm last Friday I would’ve said no,but after getting an unlikely point at the Hawthorns,who knows.

My heart says that Hi Ho Queens Park Rangers will be blasting out of the tannoys at 5pm on Saturday.Or barely audible in the lower loft,but the head says a plucky 1-1 draw,and another point towards survival.

Here’s to another 90+ minutes of the white knuckle ride of our season.

Come on U R’ssss
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:01 - Apr 15 with 2470 viewsDamo1962

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 16:53 - Apr 15 by ted_hendrix

Useless players useless Manager.

Useless football club as well.
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:01 - Apr 15 with 2481 viewstraininvain

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 16:56 - Apr 15 by paulparker

Would love to know what absolute goons stayed to clap that Sh1t

Probably the same ones who thought Ainsworth was the answer to our problems.
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:02 - Apr 15 with 2463 viewsStanisgod

No lack of effort today and still well in it at one down but no goal threat yet again. Just not good enough.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:02 - Apr 15 with 2448 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

And some on here thought Ainsworth was a good appointment. Whatever happens he'll be gone in the summer, the football is unwatchable.
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:02 - Apr 15 with 2444 viewslongbottom

67 goals conceded. That’s 67.
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:04 - Apr 15 with 2349 viewsDamo1962

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 16:57 - Apr 15 by ted_hendrix

Sorry he has made us worse.

Sadly I am starting to agree.
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:05 - Apr 15 with 2331 viewsted_hendrix

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:02 - Apr 15 by longbottom

67 goals conceded. That’s 67.

And It hasn't finished yet could/probably will make the 80s.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:05 - Apr 15 with 2319 viewsBurnleyhoop

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 16:57 - Apr 15 by Match82

He was poor today. Really poor. One of our most important players but it wasn't happening for him today, I don't have a problem with that decision

And Dozzell was any better?

Chair at least has shown how capable he is, in form or not, Dozzell has shown he is nothing but a waste of space from day one. Should never, ever, be in this team.

Chair and Willock when fit are the best hope this team will ever have. Unless they both start together on Wednesday Ainsworth can go f#ck himself.
Login to get fewer ads

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:06 - Apr 15 with 2282 viewsblavod

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:01 - Apr 15 by traininvain

Probably the same ones who thought Ainsworth was the answer to our problems.

Lazy appointment by our DOF
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:07 - Apr 15 with 2207 viewsOldPedro

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:06 - Apr 15 by blavod

Lazy appointment by our DOF

I think it was probably the owners that made the decision to bring in GA

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:08 - Apr 15 with 2156 viewskropotkin41

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:04 - Apr 15 by Damo1962

Sadly I am starting to agree.

Okay. We might be worse, but we might have been getting worse anyway, and..... GA's trying to find a way to stop the rot when maybe it's unstoppable. It's not fair to blame the bloke imho. It's playing alternate history to reckon someone else would have done better with this lot.
Anyway, he's manager now and I DO THINK he's a good bet to rebuild in League One.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:10 - Apr 15 with 2081 viewsDamo1962

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:05 - Apr 15 by Burnleyhoop

Chair at least has shown how capable he is, in form or not, Dozzell has shown he is nothing but a waste of space from day one. Should never, ever, be in this team.

Chair and Willock when fit are the best hope this team will ever have. Unless they both start together on Wednesday Ainsworth can go f#ck himself.

Think you can play any eleven from this lot...and they will still lose easily.
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:10 - Apr 15 with 2072 viewsSharpy36

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:07 - Apr 15 by OldPedro

I think it was probably the owners that made the decision to bring in GA

Because they always try and appease fans on messageboards.

For the love of God, no more ex players.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:10 - Apr 15 with 2073 viewsdistortR

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 16:58 - Apr 15 by QPunkR

Fkng numpties

i would be giving them some, but i don't think those of us at home by our phones/computers should be coating those at the ground off, anyway, they are not the problem.

Coventry had a goon on the pitch, we've got one managing us.

A squad of tinmen, scarecrows, and yellow brick road lions.
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:11 - Apr 15 with 2060 viewsNov77

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:08 - Apr 15 by kropotkin41

Okay. We might be worse, but we might have been getting worse anyway, and..... GA's trying to find a way to stop the rot when maybe it's unstoppable. It's not fair to blame the bloke imho. It's playing alternate history to reckon someone else would have done better with this lot.
Anyway, he's manager now and I DO THINK he's a good bet to rebuild in League One.

Nothing’s unstoppable, if it was Huddersfield wouldn’t be above us now.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:11 - Apr 15 with 2051 viewsBrianWilson

Every decent player we have seems to be horribly off form or just turned to shit. Hard to look past Ainsworth cos this is actually considerably worse than the Critchley era IMO.

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:12 - Apr 15 with 2005 viewsLblock

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:10 - Apr 15 by distortR

i would be giving them some, but i don't think those of us at home by our phones/computers should be coating those at the ground off, anyway, they are not the problem.

Coventry had a goon on the pitch, we've got one managing us.

A squad of tinmen, scarecrows, and yellow brick road lions.

I disagree -- I think they are part of the problem.

Said it countless times but some people get the club they deserve.

Been no standards at this club for 11 years or so now.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:13 - Apr 15 with 1991 viewsMelakaRanger

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 16:52 - Apr 15 by JAPRANGERS

Christ what utter crap!. Will they even stay up in League 1 next season?

Nope
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:13 - Apr 15 with 1975 viewsNov77

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:12 - Apr 15 by Lblock

I disagree -- I think they are part of the problem.

Said it countless times but some people get the club they deserve.

Been no standards at this club for 11 years or so now.

Yep, failure not only tolerated, but rewarded.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:13 - Apr 15 with 1968 viewskropotkin41

Defending GA as our manager isn't a hill I want to die on. Let's agree it was a sh*t gig for a man with a good WW management record to take on.

I do think he'll be sweeping up the pieces in L1 though.

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:14 - Apr 15 with 1959 viewsdistortR

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:11 - Apr 15 by BrianWilson

Every decent player we have seems to be horribly off form or just turned to shit. Hard to look past Ainsworth cos this is actually considerably worse than the Critchley era IMO.

We came back against wba because they lacked intensity. Move the ball quickly, we're f'ked
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:15 - Apr 15 with 1885 viewsstainrods_elbow

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:05 - Apr 15 by Burnleyhoop

Agreed. Chair was poor today, but still came as close as we got with his free kick. No lack of effort, but we cannot continue with Dykes and Martin alongside him, however Ainsworth rates him/them. Based on his cameo, I would even consider starting Richards on Wednesday. It's also clear Dunne cannot continue so stupidly out of position, which even Sinton picked up on in comms, and Laird should be played in his best role as an attacking right back. Uncle was, I'm sad to say, a carbuncle today, and needs to be benched.

Ainsworth and Dobson need to have a big think for Wednesday and show me they have the nous and intelligence to set us up against Norwich in a way that means we have the best chance of beating them after their tonking at Middlesborough. I'm not confident!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:16 - Apr 15 with 1883 viewsDamo1962

Don't get me wrong, the players are still the biggest problem. I just thought that we would at least go down fighting under GA -- though I suppose expecting these disgraces in QPR shirts to fight...was wishful thinking on my behalf.
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:18 - Apr 15 with 1797 viewskropotkin41

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:16 - Apr 15 by Damo1962

Don't get me wrong, the players are still the biggest problem. I just thought that we would at least go down fighting under GA -- though I suppose expecting these disgraces in QPR shirts to fight...was wishful thinking on my behalf.

It's hard to credit what's happened this season, mate. Mind you, the last however many years have been pretty much a soap opera. Raising hopes, only to be dashed.

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:22 - Apr 15 with 1660 viewsDamo1962

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:18 - Apr 15 by kropotkin41

It's hard to credit what's happened this season, mate. Mind you, the last however many years have been pretty much a soap opera. Raising hopes, only to be dashed.

We really are a "special club" 🤔😉
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024