Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird 07:19 - Apr 20 with 34712 viewsnumptydumpty

People are quoting this as fact prior to last night's game

Where's the evidence please ???
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 7:20]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 10:39 - Apr 20 with 4139 viewsPetros

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 09:54 - Apr 20 by StrawberryHillR

It was noticable that the midfield looked far more competitive with a bit of athleticism in it last night... Tim and then Amos feel like better options alongside Field than Johansen at this point.

A midfield of Field, Amos, Tim, playing narrow, is not a bad shout. Two number 10s/creatives in front of them, one centre forward ahead. Balls played to feet. Our current playing staff is crying out to be used in this formation, but it does not seem to be the Ainsworth way.
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 10:50 - Apr 20 with 4078 viewsdmm

So I take it this 'bust up' is pure speculation. If so, it's not at all helpful.

FWIW Willock still doesn't look like he's recovered from his hammy injury. He just doesn't look right. He had surgery on it a year ago and I have a feeling it's not been a complete success.
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 11:15 - Apr 20 with 3980 viewsbosh67

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 10:50 - Apr 20 by dmm

So I take it this 'bust up' is pure speculation. If so, it's not at all helpful.

FWIW Willock still doesn't look like he's recovered from his hammy injury. He just doesn't look right. He had surgery on it a year ago and I have a feeling it's not been a complete success.

I think you're right. I think both hamstrings aren't right and he seems terrified out there.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 11:33 - Apr 20 with 3899 viewsCamberleyR

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 10:50 - Apr 20 by dmm

I think it WAS a success but the Bealeshitter wanted to get a win on the board early so picked him for the first home game and then instead of maybe getting 50-60 minutes out of him on his first game back like anybody else might do he left him on until the 74th minute as Boro were pummelling us. Bealeshitter even admitted after the game that he went against the advice he was given.

He then missed the next three games as there must have been a reaction. When he came back (probably too soon) Bealeshitter then virtually flogged him into the ground playing him for 81, 88, 53, 81, 78, 90 and 90 minutes in the next seven games before the inevitable happened in the Sheff U away game where he broke down early in the second half. That was the last time he scored.

What has happened with him this season can be firmly laid at that wánkpuffin's door.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2023 10:35]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 11:35 - Apr 20 with 3868 viewsthemodfather

not proven, but if there was words pre-match it may explain why we were so feisty on and off the pitch? iansworth booked for touchline set to and 5-6 players??
WE NEED A TOUCH OF SLAP SHOT right now, use the HANSENS!!!
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 11:53 - Apr 20 with 3773 viewsHayesender

“Ethan, great player, just couldn’t get in the squad,” was R’s boss Ainsworth’s only comment when asked about Laird after Wednesday’s 1-1 draw.

Couldn't get in in front of Drewe, and with Kakay out. Yeah right Gareth!

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 12:06 - Apr 20 with 3687 viewsbongo_king

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 11:33 - Apr 20 by CamberleyR

I think it WAS a success but the Bealeshitter wanted to get a win on the board early so picked him for the first home game and then instead of maybe getting 50-60 minutes out of him on his first game back like anybody else might do he left him on until the 74th minute as Boro were pummelling us. Bealeshitter even admitted after the game that he went against the advice he was given.

He then missed the next three games as there must have been a reaction. When he came back (probably too soon) Bealeshitter then virtually flogged him into the ground playing him for 81, 88, 53, 81, 78, 90 and 90 minutes in the next seven games before the inevitable happened in the Sheff U away game where he broke down early in the second half. That was the last time he scored.

What has happened with him this season can be firmly laid at that wánkpuffin's door.

Yep. And we continued to flog him after that too... rushing him back during WC with Chair away, keeping him playing through till the ping in February because we're low on players with Roberts and Richards have gone AWOL.

Many slam his last 4 months or so after tearing up the league for 15 months. I'd say form is temporary, class is permanent. And as I posted elsewhere - and as Kev Gallen said - its the manager's job to get the best out of the star players of a team (Willock and Chair for us), it feels like no effort being made. Willock has been a lot more available than some of our other players so I'm not sold on the "attitude stinks" argument.

On Laird - watching that post match on the "reasons" for his omission, personally I'm not buying it. Rumours on the fallout so who knows in reality. If true... falling out with a loanee I could understand. But with your captain and your talisman, its tough to justify.
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 12:27 - Apr 20 with 3581 viewsBurnleyhoop

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 09:57 - Apr 20 by Northolt_Rs

Willock was písspoor when he came in v Coventry in Saturday. Lazily gave the ball away to set up their 2nd goal. He hasn’t had a decent game this year.

Coming on as a sub in the 80th minute is not easy. Need to match the pace of the game immediately having been sat on the bench. He tried a few dribbles that didn’t come off, so what. Can’t slate the lad for that.

He needs to find his fitness and form again, but unfortunately, he and we haven’t got the time, with 3 games left, to get him back up to speed.

Lowe and Richard’s will have to carry the can for the last 3 games.
Login to get fewer ads

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 14:27 - Apr 20 with 3314 viewsstrikerace

I think the answer is GA has decided to go down fighting with the players that want to be out there, and will give everything they have. Even if someone is more talented, like Willock, he is choosing the players he feels he can trust. Can't say I blame him.
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 14:31 - Apr 20 with 3301 viewsNorthernr

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 11:53 - Apr 20 by Hayesender

“Ethan, great player, just couldn’t get in the squad,” was R’s boss Ainsworth’s only comment when asked about Laird after Wednesday’s 1-1 draw.

Couldn't get in in front of Drewe, and with Kakay out. Yeah right Gareth!

It's just ridiculous isn't it. An absolutely mad lie to tell.
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 15:37 - Apr 20 with 3127 views1JD

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 14:27 - Apr 20 by strikerace

I think the answer is GA has decided to go down fighting with the players that want to be out there, and will give everything they have. Even if someone is more talented, like Willock, he is choosing the players he feels he can trust. Can't say I blame him.

This is very much what he is doing. Except I do blame him. Once again, and very much a continuing theme, he’s putting his principles first, rather than what is best for the club. He’s replacing quality with work rate. He’s probably ostracised a significant portion of the squad with his methods and style. And he’s making us weaker in the process, not stronger. If results were there, you’d be able to say, ok, it’s working. But it’s not. It’s not at all. And that’s what matters.
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 15:50 - Apr 20 with 3090 viewsEastR

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 14:31 - Apr 20 by Northernr

Just a yes or no Clive (if you feel able to)

There are some strong reports circulating of major fallings out at the training ground between GA and some senior players, who are unwilling to come on board with his methods and as a consequence have been dropped (not injured)

Are you hearing the same feedback?

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 16:02 - Apr 20 with 3041 viewsNorthernr

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 15:50 - Apr 20 by EastR

Just a yes or no Clive (if you feel able to)

There are some strong reports circulating of major fallings out at the training ground between GA and some senior players, who are unwilling to come on board with his methods and as a consequence have been dropped (not injured)

Are you hearing the same feedback?

I have heard nothing about that at all mate.

But you don't drop Ethan Laird from the squad entirely and pick Aaron Drewe against Onel Hernandez for tactical reasons, as Gareth has intimated in his post match interview. You just don't. If anybody believes that they're nuts.
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 16:17 - Apr 20 with 2934 viewsDannyPaddox

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 11:33 - Apr 20 by CamberleyR

WÃ¥nkpuffin. Such a great word.
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 16:19 - Apr 20 with 2853 viewsBklynRanger

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 14:31 - Apr 20 by Northernr

Just watched it - it does risk undermining his credibility with the fans at a time when he needs all the help he can get. And it wasn't even in response to a difficult question - he tried to nip things in the bud by coming up with that!

Never even put Dixon Bonner on so these trees he was pulling up can't have been very big. We're not thick Gaz.
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 16:22 - Apr 20 with 2819 viewsqpr1976

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 10:11 - Apr 20 by daveB

the answer is simple really, none of those 3 can play in a 4-4-2 so they are not featuring

Spot on.
Although Willock is a shadow of his former self for whatever reason.
Johansson is clearly struggling and Laird ? Well he’s a loanee. I liked him to start with, but less so recently.

But as I say, Spot On !
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 16:57 - Apr 20 with 2647 viewsSakura

I would point the conspiracy theorists on this thread to “The Football Psychology Show” Podcast with Ainsworth and Dobson from August 21.

In this they both make a big point about their emphasis on their absolute requirement for people who are committed to the team, the cause and aren’t just self-interested individuals. They actually talk about amongst other team building exercise their thinking on the infamous Hakka exercise. Would suggest you re-watch Willock in particular on that video to see part the reason he isn’t getting game time now.

Also Laird faking injuries is the antithesis of the culture that is clearly at the core of Ainsworths management and what he sees as his reasoning for his ability to over-achieve for so long with Wycombe.

When Willock gave the ball away for the second goal against Coventry his reaction was to throw his hands in the air and blame the person who made the run. That goes against everything in Ainsworths philosophy. Also we know at right wing Willock will not cover the right back so it was only off the striker he has a shout. Now I would personally of course pick Willock over Martin up but I can see why Ainsworth hasn't based on his philosophy .

But again would point the conspiracy theorists on here to the comments from Ainsworth around his emphasis on experience for why he neglected Willock.

Julio Cesar was a better footballer than Paddy Kenny. Jose Bosingwa and Samba were better defenders than Clint Hill. SWP has a much greater pedigree than Mackie but you drop them from the team for them poorer players because of the intangible reasons. Ainsworth puts an outsized emphasis on those intangible factors. That is why he is dropping the likes of Willock and Laird.

The bad attitude that Willock and Laird have so inarguably demonstrated these past months are why they aren’t playing. A bad egg can spoil the bunch.

Not saying I agree with it but I’m not buying the fantasists and conspiracy theorist reasoning here.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 17:01]
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 17:07 - Apr 20 with 2638 viewsPhilmyRs

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 16:57 - Apr 20 by Sakura

I would point the conspiracy theorists on this thread to “The Football Psychology Show” Podcast with Ainsworth and Dobson from August 21.

In this they both make a big point about their emphasis on their absolute requirement for people who are committed to the team, the cause and aren’t just self-interested individuals. They actually talk about amongst other team building exercise their thinking on the infamous Hakka exercise. Would suggest you re-watch Willock in particular on that video to see part the reason he isn’t getting game time now.

Also Laird faking injuries is the antithesis of the culture that is clearly at the core of Ainsworths management and what he sees as his reasoning for his ability to over-achieve for so long with Wycombe.

When Willock gave the ball away for the second goal against Coventry his reaction was to throw his hands in the air and blame the person who made the run. That goes against everything in Ainsworths philosophy. Also we know at right wing Willock will not cover the right back so it was only off the striker he has a shout. Now I would personally of course pick Willock over Martin up but I can see why Ainsworth hasn't based on his philosophy .

But again would point the conspiracy theorists on here to the comments from Ainsworth around his emphasis on experience for why he neglected Willock.

Julio Cesar was a better footballer than Paddy Kenny. Jose Bosingwa and Samba were better defenders than Clint Hill. SWP has a much greater pedigree than Mackie but you drop them from the team for them poorer players because of the intangible reasons. Ainsworth puts an outsized emphasis on those intangible factors. That is why he is dropping the likes of Willock and Laird.

The bad attitude that Willock and Laird have so inarguably demonstrated these past months are why they aren’t playing. A bad egg can spoil the bunch.

Not saying I agree with it but I’m not buying the fantasists and conspiracy theorist reasoning here.

Yeah, wouldn't surprise me if there's some truth in that and the commitment to the Team trumps everything else. You listed a few (Hill, Mackie, Kenny) from that great team for the intangible factors they bring to the team but the best of the bunch that special season was also probably the least team orientated player we've had, and a total dick by all accounts, but Warnock didn't just bin him off. He went further than that, he moulded the team around him.
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 17:10 - Apr 20 with 2608 viewsslmrstid

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 17:07 - Apr 20 by PhilmyRs

Yeah, wouldn't surprise me if there's some truth in that and the commitment to the Team trumps everything else. You listed a few (Hill, Mackie, Kenny) from that great team for the intangible factors they bring to the team but the best of the bunch that special season was also probably the least team orientated player we've had, and a total dick by all accounts, but Warnock didn't just bin him off. He went further than that, he moulded the team around him.

Thing is though you can get away with that for one player, and for a player who on pure ability, should be playing at top top level rather than the Championship.

You can't do it for more than one, and you definitely can't do it for a player who is good, but not a world beater.

Willock, at his best, is good. But he is absolutely nowhere near Adel Taarabt level.
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 17:13 - Apr 20 with 2594 viewsPhilmyRs

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 17:10 - Apr 20 by slmrstid

Thing is though you can get away with that for one player, and for a player who on pure ability, should be playing at top top level rather than the Championship.

You can't do it for more than one, and you definitely can't do it for a player who is good, but not a world beater.

Willock, at his best, is good. But he is absolutely nowhere near Adel Taarabt level.

Agreed Willock is good but not Adel Taarabt level, but I'd also argue Willock is more a team player than Adel and less selfish so not such an extreme move to try and incorporate him in the side or use from the bench.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 17:14]
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 17:16 - Apr 20 with 2568 viewsSakura

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 17:07 - Apr 20 by PhilmyRs

Fair point but even peak Willock couldn't even lace Adel's boots

Let alone this sad listless version we gave now

Adel was literally the best player the league has to this day ever had
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 17:26 - Apr 20 with 2540 viewsNorthantsHoop

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 17:16 - Apr 20 by Sakura

Fair point but even peak Willock couldn't even lace Adel's boots

Let alone this sad listless version we gave now

Adel was literally the best player the league has to this day ever had

None of these players are at a level of an early to mid 70s QPR under Jago and Sexton, or an early to mid 80s Venables team, or later in the 80s. What players and versatility say under Venables with Allen, Stainrod, Currie, Fenwick, Gregory, Wickes, Hucker, Neil, McDonald, Waddock etc. The current lot are not fit to lace their boots.
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 17:56 - Apr 20 with 2429 views1JD

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 16:57 - Apr 20 by Sakura

The thing is that all of that is irrelevant if you are not getting results or performances. It sounds good in theory. But the big question is does removing individuals who don’t meet your work rate standards, benefit the side overall? In other words, do the pros outweigh the cons, of implementing this decision?

The evidence suggests not. The results and performances are not backing up Ainsworths methods and critical decisions. The reason is simple, when you start take your better individuals out, even though they don’t run as hard, you remove their quality, and you make the side inferior, not stronger. You might run harder, but running harder does not win games.
It’s why Chris Martin is playing, and Chris Willock is not. It’s why Albert gets the nod, over better, younger players.

Warnock understood the need for balance. Something Ainsworth does not understand at all as his belief is heavily geared towards work rate over talent.
It’s exactly why Warnock accommodated the magic of Tarrabt. Because he was a match winner. That’s the difference between Warnock - a top manager, and Ainsworth- a manager who is out of his depth at this level, and far too stuck in his ways and ideals.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 17:58]
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 18:15 - Apr 20 with 2313 viewsSakura

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 17:26 - Apr 20 by NorthantsHoop

None of these players are at a level of an early to mid 70s QPR under Jago and Sexton, or an early to mid 80s Venables team, or later in the 80s. What players and versatility say under Venables with Allen, Stainrod, Currie, Fenwick, Gregory, Wickes, Hucker, Neil, McDonald, Waddock etc. The current lot are not fit to lace their boots.

That just obviously isn't true though is it.

Rather than writing a long post pointing out to the obvious facts about a larger pool to pick from as best players from the entire world come here. The massive advances in coaching from a young age

The simplest way is to demonstrate the lack of athleticism of footballers in those days with horrible diets and lack of sports science knowledge and check in on the 'fearsome of All Blacks of that same era you refer to lol:

(Can’t get the link to post but any interested person type in to YouTube, New Zealand Hakka 70’s

Imagine what Haaland would do to that 70's footballer era. It's laughable. Back in the 70’s Salah wouldn’t be running at full back. He would still be in Egypt. So for comparison instead of someone like him it would instead be someone like Jed Wallace instead at the elite level qha!!

I honestly reckon I could out lift the entire All Blacks team from the 70's

Worlds moved on so far from that era it's not a good comparison

[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 18:25]
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 18:28 - Apr 20 with 2245 viewsSakura

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 17:56 - Apr 20 by 1JD

The thing is that all of that is irrelevant if you are not getting results or performances. It sounds good in theory. But the big question is does removing individuals who don’t meet your work rate standards, benefit the side overall? In other words, do the pros outweigh the cons, of implementing this decision?

The evidence suggests not. The results and performances are not backing up Ainsworths methods and critical decisions. The reason is simple, when you start take your better individuals out, even though they don’t run as hard, you remove their quality, and you make the side inferior, not stronger. You might run harder, but running harder does not win games.
It’s why Chris Martin is playing, and Chris Willock is not. It’s why Albert gets the nod, over better, younger players.

Warnock understood the need for balance. Something Ainsworth does not understand at all as his belief is heavily geared towards work rate over talent.
It’s exactly why Warnock accommodated the magic of Tarrabt. Because he was a match winner. That’s the difference between Warnock - a top manager, and Ainsworth- a manager who is out of his depth at this level, and far too stuck in his ways and ideals.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 17:58]

But the exact same point works in reverse. Which makes yours a none point

We didn't get results under Beale's last 6 games or Warburton's last 20 odd or Critchley's dozen or so either. The weight of sh*t has surprised Ainsworth I'm sure. The pace of progress is more like turning round an oil tanker.

I am not condoning his methods I just don't think the post Coventry away January 22 era has much to sing about either as you're suggesting it does and I am trying to explain what I see as his rationale

He would argue it’s about removing from our team it’s rotten flimsy core that has allowed us to go on these dreadful spirals under him, Beale, Critchley and Warburton.

If you listen to that podcast you’ll see what I mean
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024