Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? 21:30 - Jul 19 with 20562 viewsLogman

I seriously cannot take another season of weekly/daily rants about the plight of the club and how we should be emulating Brentford/Luton/Bournemouth etc etc etc

We are not and not only is life too short to be spending every day looking over a shoulder at Luton/Brentford/Bournemouth etc etc but there is also f**k all that we can do about it as our investment in the club (both in terms of the depths of our pockets and colour of our blood, i.e. blue and white) is insignificant in the grand scale of things.

So are we going to be realistic on here and accept our fate or is it going to be another season of angst ?

Just asking so I can manage my expectations.

Cheers
[Post edited 19 Jul 2023 22:21]
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 17:55 - Jul 22 with 3210 viewsSuperhoops2808

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 12:37 - Jul 22 by Hooping_Mad

Why not make a positive contribution instead? I don't care what you do either way dickhead.

And people who resort to insults have already lost any credibility

The point being, that some people don't want to read a positive contribution. The same people making the same negative comments. The same people only posting when the club is under the cosh and almost appearing to get a great deal of delight out of the fact that things are not going great and almost 'a told you so' atmosphere.

A third into the season I would kind of get, but before the 1st game has even kicked off, while the transfer window is still open and we don't even have an idea of a starting XI is silly.

I hardly think my down vote will sway other contributors, there are plenty with their own thoughts here - Have a great day, and maybe we get to visit this thread on Star Wars Day next year
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 20:37 - Jul 22 with 3103 viewsHooping_Mad

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 17:55 - Jul 22 by Superhoops2808

And people who resort to insults have already lost any credibility

The point being, that some people don't want to read a positive contribution. The same people making the same negative comments. The same people only posting when the club is under the cosh and almost appearing to get a great deal of delight out of the fact that things are not going great and almost 'a told you so' atmosphere.

A third into the season I would kind of get, but before the 1st game has even kicked off, while the transfer window is still open and we don't even have an idea of a starting XI is silly.

I hardly think my down vote will sway other contributors, there are plenty with their own thoughts here - Have a great day, and maybe we get to visit this thread on Star Wars Day next year

You talk about credibility but you neglect to name the 'negative people' you continue to gas light all those with a different opinion to you.

Why not add to the OP's thread in a positive manner? that's all I suggested but you don't seem to be able to comprehend that you are doing the very same thing you criticize in others.

Downvoting a thread because you don't agree with it or you 'think' it's in bad faith is in itself a bad faith action. That's why I used the term dickhead, if that affect's my credibility I'll take the hit.

Why do you think we will we comfortably survive this season? Coaching, tactics, new signings, new facilities or something else? that's what the OP was after not your suspicions.

Lets leave it, and not hijack the thread any more.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2023 20:40]

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 22:02 - Jul 22 with 2987 viewsted_hendrix

Sadly this MB has become toxic, doesn't seem that long ago a whole load of us posters from here used to meet up at the Crown & Sceptre before and after games and talk bolox but still have the craic.
Don't know where any of them are nowadays but they haven't posted on this MB for far too long now and It's not hard to see why.

Give the personal abuse a rest for a while, hear what people have to say and take It from there.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 23:26 - Jul 22 with 2882 viewsHunterhoop

Just get behind the manger, the coaches and the players for the start of this season. If they don’t try, if they shirk things, if they throw in the towel, then complain.

But for now, let’s just support the club. It’s our club. If we don’t support it, who will and what’s the point?
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 23:47 - Jul 22 with 2850 viewsloftupper

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 23:26 - Jul 22 by Hunterhoop

Just get behind the manger, the coaches and the players for the start of this season. If they don’t try, if they shirk things, if they throw in the towel, then complain.

But for now, let’s just support the club. It’s our club. If we don’t support it, who will and what’s the point?

Not trying or shirking is not something I am concerned about with Ainsworth in charge.

He gets my support!

That being said ainsworth and the players look very limited at the moment.
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 09:16 - Jul 23 with 2673 viewsconnell10

This thread reminds me of The William Shatner scene in Airplane 2 ...He is on the radio and Striker needs a piece of metal to land the space shuttle , Shatner just gives up and says write them off , turn off the lights and starts packing his bags .. when the Stewardess finds a Bobbypin and gives it to Striker ....what I'm saying is we need a player called Bobby Pin.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 09:55 - Jul 23 with 2593 viewsdmm

It's looking like another season when the first 11 is okay but the cover in most positions isn't really good enough. In light of that, Ainsworth's comment about a focus to keep injuries to a minimum makes perfect sense. We should hope the best signing we make this season is Ben Williams as director of performance.
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 10:31 - Jul 23 with 2546 viewsdavman

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 23:26 - Jul 22 by Hunterhoop

Tom, you know me unlike many of the other posters on here. You know how much i support this team and you know what this club means to me.

That should not be in question.

For everyone else: I will shout and sing my heart out for the lads and the manager this season as I always do. I will continue to sing "we are the finest football team the world has ever seen" even when that is blatant blx. That is support and that is unchanged by the fact that I think we have the worst team we have had for years.

I really do not get the disdain for people with different opinions. I wish I could be as optimistic as some on here, but I don't feel that way. Good luck to them. And to those who think I am only thinking this way so that I can say "I told you so", don't be stupid...
[Post edited 23 Jul 2023 12:44]

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Login to get fewer ads

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 11:25 - Jul 23 with 2435 viewsR_from_afar

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 22:02 - Jul 22 by ted_hendrix

Sadly this MB has become toxic, doesn't seem that long ago a whole load of us posters from here used to meet up at the Crown & Sceptre before and after games and talk bolox but still have the craic.
Don't know where any of them are nowadays but they haven't posted on this MB for far too long now and It's not hard to see why.

Give the personal abuse a rest for a while, hear what people have to say and take It from there.

Great post Ted.

Look, people are going to disagree with each other on here. A forum is by definition a place for debate.

Just disagree politely and respectfully. We're all here to sell kitchens, err, I mean because we care about Rangers. There's no need to use insults, unpleasant similes or accusations of childish behaviour.

Top tip: Use the "Preview Post" option before you reply so you can quickly re-read your pearls of wisdom and remove anything inflammatory because you press the "commit" button.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 12:22 - Jul 23 with 2328 viewsPaddyhoops

Not even thinking about relegation. Can’t wait for the season to start. Looks like our place will be filled for most games and there’s nothing better than a full Loftus road.
Sure it will be a difficult season but let’s get behind the team and coaching staff and crack on with it.
By the way great post from Ted !
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 12:31 - Jul 23 with 2316 viewsRangersw12

I think we will go down but haven't prepared for that as I suppose I still have a bit of hope we can pull something out of the bag

It's going to be a very tough season and the players we're linked with don't exactly inspire but all we can do as fans is try and get behind them

What I will say is that if there I one inkling of them acting like last season and the atmosphere will turn very toxic as like I said on another thread there is a massive trust issue with these players and the fans
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 13:27 - Jul 23 with 2261 viewsessextaxiboy

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 10:31 - Jul 23 by davman

Tom, you know me unlike many of the other posters on here. You know how much i support this team and you know what this club means to me.

That should not be in question.

For everyone else: I will shout and sing my heart out for the lads and the manager this season as I always do. I will continue to sing "we are the finest football team the world has ever seen" even when that is blatant blx. That is support and that is unchanged by the fact that I think we have the worst team we have had for years.

I really do not get the disdain for people with different opinions. I wish I could be as optimistic as some on here, but I don't feel that way. Good luck to them. And to those who think I am only thinking this way so that I can say "I told you so", don't be stupid...
[Post edited 23 Jul 2023 12:44]

I just dont get the negativity this early when we dont know all of the facts .

Who will go or stay?. Who will we sign ? What players or managers will other teams lose , Will other teams fall foul of FFP ? How will we set up and play ?

Some posters have been saying we are down (no caveats) since June .

I just dont understand the mindset
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 13:43 - Jul 23 with 2247 viewsRangersw12

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 13:27 - Jul 23 by essextaxiboy

Who will go or stay?. Who will we sign ? What players or managers will other teams lose , Will other teams fall foul of FFP ? How will we set up and play ?

Just look at our squad and who we're linked with
[Post edited 23 Jul 2023 13:59]
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 13:58 - Jul 23 with 2220 viewsdavman

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 13:27 - Jul 23 by essextaxiboy

But that's the point I guess. I don't understand the mindset that says we'll be ok. Doesn't make either right and yet there are quite a lot of posters getting het up by a difference of OPINION. I struggle with that.

I know I am in a very negative QPR space right now, but I subscribe to Einstein's definition of insanity and as we do not look to be doing anything different, my logic says to expect the same outcome.

Good luck to those who think differently...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 15:21 - Jul 23 with 2149 viewsstrikerace

Too early, just last season weren't near 1st in October. Then look what happened. Plus the bottom teams in the Championship aren't any good either
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 15:27 - Jul 23 with 2138 viewsessextaxiboy

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 13:43 - Jul 23 by Rangersw12

Just look at our squad and who we're linked with
[Post edited 23 Jul 2023 13:59]

Bradley Orr, Sean Derry , Clint Hill , Jamie Mackie, Paddy Kenny .. all names that would have produced the same reaction..
[Post edited 23 Jul 2023 15:28]
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 15:39 - Jul 23 with 2125 viewsessextaxiboy

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 13:58 - Jul 23 by davman

But that's the point I guess. I don't understand the mindset that says we'll be ok. Doesn't make either right and yet there are quite a lot of posters getting het up by a difference of OPINION. I struggle with that.

I know I am in a very negative QPR space right now, but I subscribe to Einstein's definition of insanity and as we do not look to be doing anything different, my logic says to expect the same outcome.

What about the mindset that says wait and see ? . Thats all I am saying

This far out I cant understand what you would perceive is not being done differently . I respect your opinion , I have 2 adult sons that share it .
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 15:59 - Jul 23 with 2077 viewsterryb

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 15:27 - Jul 23 by essextaxiboy

Bradley Orr, Sean Derry , Clint Hill , Jamie Mackie, Paddy Kenny .. all names that would have produced the same reaction..
[Post edited 23 Jul 2023 15:28]

I, for one, was very happy when we signed Jamie Mackie and Paddy Kenny. I admit to not being enthusiastic about the other two!

Mackie was on the up & rated highly by lots of Championship clubs at the time.
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 16:03 - Jul 23 with 2060 viewsWestonsuperR

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 13:58 - Jul 23 by davman

Surely the main point of this board is to exchange view-points and opinion, I don’t understand how anyone could be annoyed with a view that conflicts theirs.

I’m amazed that anyone can be confident we will be fine this season, dreadful last 6 months and squad even weaker than last season, I’m very confident we will go down but that doesn’t make me any less of a supporter. I don’t get frustrated with a counter opinion in fact I find that quite admirable even if hard to justify.
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 19:44 - Jul 23 with 1930 viewsnix

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 16:03 - Jul 23 by WestonsuperR

Surely the main point of this board is to exchange view-points and opinion, I don’t understand how anyone could be annoyed with a view that conflicts theirs.

I’m amazed that anyone can be confident we will be fine this season, dreadful last 6 months and squad even weaker than last season, I’m very confident we will go down but that doesn’t make me any less of a supporter. I don’t get frustrated with a counter opinion in fact I find that quite admirable even if hard to justify.

I don't think anyone is confident that we'll be fine. Who has actually said that?

What I said is that it isn't necessarily a realistic view that relegation is inevitable before we've kicked a ball competitively and before the transfer window is slammed shut.

I'm not annoyed with other people's viewpoints, I just find some of them unnecessarily negative until we've actually played a few matches. As I say I don't like to surround myself with negativity as it's not good for my mental health.

I don't think your viewpoint makes you less of a supporter. Just someone whose views I wouldn't want to hear as much as someone who's more balanced and isn't jumping to a foregone conclusion. Don't forget we have people predicting that we will go down at some point every single season and they are all convinced that they're totally being realistic and everyone who doesn't agree with them is a happy clapper, naive, in cloud cookoo land etc, etc.

I am happy to face facts once they are actual, incontrovertible facts. My stance doesn't mean that I think relegation is impossible. I'd be an idiot to think that. Because I don't support your position doesn't mean I support the opposite view either.

If someone says I'm worried about the squad as it currently is; I think we're light in x,y, and z position; I hope GA can get this squad into more of a coherent group, couldn't argue with any of that. Of course I'm a bit worried about how it will pan out with such a light squad at the moment. That's quite a long way from, how are we going to come to terms with the fact we're going to be relegated before a ball has even been kicked.

Of course you've all got the right to say it. Of course it doesn't make you less of a supporter. But I can also tune out from those whose views I find unrelentingly negative and critical too.
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 19:55 - Jul 23 with 1917 viewssprocket

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 19:44 - Jul 23 by nix

I don't think anyone is confident that we'll be fine. Who has actually said that?

What I said is that it isn't necessarily a realistic view that relegation is inevitable before we've kicked a ball competitively and before the transfer window is slammed shut.

I'm not annoyed with other people's viewpoints, I just find some of them unnecessarily negative until we've actually played a few matches. As I say I don't like to surround myself with negativity as it's not good for my mental health.

I don't think your viewpoint makes you less of a supporter. Just someone whose views I wouldn't want to hear as much as someone who's more balanced and isn't jumping to a foregone conclusion. Don't forget we have people predicting that we will go down at some point every single season and they are all convinced that they're totally being realistic and everyone who doesn't agree with them is a happy clapper, naive, in cloud cookoo land etc, etc.

I am happy to face facts once they are actual, incontrovertible facts. My stance doesn't mean that I think relegation is impossible. I'd be an idiot to think that. Because I don't support your position doesn't mean I support the opposite view either.

If someone says I'm worried about the squad as it currently is; I think we're light in x,y, and z position; I hope GA can get this squad into more of a coherent group, couldn't argue with any of that. Of course I'm a bit worried about how it will pan out with such a light squad at the moment. That's quite a long way from, how are we going to come to terms with the fact we're going to be relegated before a ball has even been kicked.

Of course you've all got the right to say it. Of course it doesn't make you less of a supporter. But I can also tune out from those whose views I find unrelentingly negative and critical too.

I am dreading the new season mostly because losing so many matches last season became so predicable and depressing. I'm dreading it mainly because I'm expecting my new season optimism to be crushed earlier than usual. I'm dreading it because over the last 3-4 years I thought we were getting somewhere, moving forwards but alas those dreams have been dashed. My hope is that we are competitive and we can somehow keep hold of Willock and Chair. My hope is that GA will install some pride and fight into this team, his team. My hope is that we can survive this season which will give us some headroom. My hope is that some of the younger players can step up. If we get relegated then I will be devastated so no I'm not prepared but RTID.
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 20:41 - Jul 23 with 1847 viewsqpr_1968

i don't think i'm mentally prepared for winning the bloody division either.

i'll have a corona if we win the first game....
a triple bye pass if we go down...
and spaced out for 3 months if we go up....

but whatever happens i'll be back the next season to cheer the boys on for my 55th season..

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 09:53 - Jul 24 with 1578 viewsterryb

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 19:44 - Jul 23 by nix

"I don't think anyone is confident that we'll be fine. Who has actually said that?"

That isn't quite true nix. E15 in particular states this with every post that he makes. He even claims to have evidence to support that view even though the season has not begun!

It would seem that there are quite a few more posters that are worried about this season than usual & I find that understandable. It would also be the case no matter who was the manager. It is caused by the amount of matches that we have lost since January 2022 & the required austerity that the club must implement.

As stated earlier in this thread, I believe that we will survive (avoid relegation & avoid FFP), but I've yet to see anything that gives me optimism of us avoiding being in a relegation battle.

A similar season was 2006/07 under Gary Waddock, where I was positive of a good season. That lasted until the first match where we were outplayed, out thought & ouy fought by Burnley!
[Post edited 24 Jul 2023 10:00]
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 16:24 - Jul 24 with 1421 viewsnix

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 09:53 - Jul 24 by terryb

"I don't think anyone is confident that we'll be fine. Who has actually said that?"

That isn't quite true nix. E15 in particular states this with every post that he makes. He even claims to have evidence to support that view even though the season has not begun!

It would seem that there are quite a few more posters that are worried about this season than usual & I find that understandable. It would also be the case no matter who was the manager. It is caused by the amount of matches that we have lost since January 2022 & the required austerity that the club must implement.

As stated earlier in this thread, I believe that we will survive (avoid relegation & avoid FFP), but I've yet to see anything that gives me optimism of us avoiding being in a relegation battle.

A similar season was 2006/07 under Gary Waddock, where I was positive of a good season. That lasted until the first match where we were outplayed, out thought & ouy fought by Burnley!
[Post edited 24 Jul 2023 10:00]

That's all fair comment Terry and not what I'd call doom and gloom. It is a worrying time and I understand why people are nervous about this season. But like you I don't think it's a foregone conclusion. It would be nice to let us kick a competitive ball before throwing in the towel!
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 17:13 - Jul 24 with 1319 viewsnumptydumpty

Just saying but negative vibes process through to the club and the team.

Les s reason for leaving was because of all the negativity surrounding mainly from fans and forums such as this.

Sometimes if you are amazingly pessimistic, it can on occasions actually create the narrative to ensure failure is much more likely to happen.

I reckon we will be mid table myself.

The main issue is not the players themselves. It's too many injuries so hopefully this side of the game and club is massively managed much more successfully.

It's been the real downfall of the last two seasons in all reality.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024