Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reaction when you tell people you are a QPR fan 13:52 - Aug 2 with 4613 viewsnumptydumpty

Recent one I received

"Oh I am terribly sorry to hear that !!"

Previous time was,

"Oh well. Am sure you will be supporting Tottenham soon."

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Reaction when you tell people you are a QPR fan on 13:56 - Aug 2 with 3671 viewsdmm

You're telling us you actually openly admit to being a QPR fan?
Reaction when you tell people you are a QPR fan on 13:59 - Aug 2 with 3650 viewskernowhoop

In a petrol station on the edge of Morlaix (Brittany) just before Covid:

'You like football?'
'Yes'
'Who you support?'
'Queens Park Rangers?'
'Yes'
'Ah... Stan Bowles.'

No, don't ask me, but I felt quite emotional about it!
Reaction when you tell people you are a QPR fan on 14:00 - Aug 2 with 3639 viewsCateLeBonR

“Do you think you’ll be going up this season?” was my latest.

Reaction when you tell people you are a QPR fan on 14:03 - Aug 2 with 3615 viewsstevec

When I pick my grandson up from nursery, I have to verbally give my password, ‘QPR’.

It’s usually met with stunned silence in front and sniggering from behind.
Reaction when you tell people you are a QPR fan on 14:05 - Aug 2 with 3607 viewsR_from_afar

When I worked for a $4bn turnover US software company, the bloke in charge of the Europe, Middle East and Africa operations got talking to me about football. I mentioned that I was a QPR fan.

He replied: "Oh, I used to be a QPR fan".
Me: "Used to be?"
Him: "I'm a Manchester United fan now".

You do get a lot of these famous and/or powerful people who only want to be associated with successful sports teams. That's why I am so impressed by well known people who openly admit they support lowly teams like Torquay or Raith Rovers.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Reaction when you tell people you are a QPR fan on 14:07 - Aug 2 with 3595 viewsJamesB1979

Glory supporter
Reaction when you tell people you are a QPR fan on 14:20 - Aug 2 with 3541 viewscolinallcars

The usual response - “well, someone's got to support 'em”.
Reaction when you tell people you are a QPR fan on 14:22 - Aug 2 with 3542 viewsEssex_Ranger

Living in Essex, where you’re no more than 5 yards from a West Ham or Spurs plastic fan (where I’ve probably been to their ground more than they actually have) the default answer is usually “oh well I guess someone’s got to”

As much as the club drives me crazy it is great when you bump into a fellow R, always a little “You Rs” between people when you a see the odd random shirt around town. Something you just don’t get supporting any of the so called “bigger” clubs.
Login to get fewer ads

Reaction when you tell people you are a QPR fan on 14:22 - Aug 2 with 3540 viewsTwoHalves

Indifference, mainly, although a female Spurs fan of my acquaintance said, “Oh, bless!” when I confessed some years ago.
Reaction when you tell people you are a QPR fan on 14:25 - Aug 2 with 3521 viewsPaddyhoops

What’s a Paddy doing supporting QPR?
Reaction when you tell people you are a QPR fan on 14:26 - Aug 2 with 3508 viewsHayesender

Getting my hair cut yesterday, and he asked me who my team was.

"QPR mate"

"Who?"

"QPR, Queens Park Rangers"

""Are they English?"

"Yes mate, in the championship ship, you know, 2nd division"

Barber now laughing, "I don't know them"

I show him my tattoo, "oh big fan". "Where are they?"

"In West London"

Thankfully he'd finished by then., and he didn't get a tip

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Reaction when you tell people you are a QPR fan on 14:27 - Aug 2 with 3503 viewsCateLeBonR

Reaction when you tell people you are a QPR fan on 14:20 - Aug 2 by colinallcars

The usual response - “well, someone's got to support 'em”.

I say that too sometimes to be fair.
Reaction when you tell people you are a QPR fan on 14:33 - Aug 2 with 3473 viewsBexleyHoop

Normally either get the dated QPR, QPR QPhahaha response or

Why don't you support your local team Charlton or Millwall, to which my response is:

Charlton - I would but your fanbase is made up of either train spotters or white supremist supporters

Millwall - whilst it is the first ground I visited as a boy with my late grandad (ex-docker) the quality of your fanbase has gone down hill and most now would not be able to fight their way out of a wet paper bag and live on past reputations of their eldest brother or father.

Still waiting for the last response to catch-up with me.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2023 14:34]
Reaction when you tell people you are a QPR fan on 14:40 - Aug 2 with 3402 viewsMick_S

Shit but local always shuts people up. I don’t mean it, it’s just a great way of putting patronising gits down.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Reaction when you tell people you are a QPR fan on 14:57 - Aug 2 with 3316 viewsBoston

"Who do you support, mate?"

"QPR"

"Numpty".

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Reaction when you tell people you are a QPR fan on 15:04 - Aug 2 with 3290 viewsParkRoyalR

Reaction when you tell people you are a QPR fan on 14:33 - Aug 2 by BexleyHoop

Normally either get the dated QPR, QPR QPhahaha response or

Why don't you support your local team Charlton or Millwall, to which my response is:

Charlton - I would but your fanbase is made up of either train spotters or white supremist supporters

Millwall - whilst it is the first ground I visited as a boy with my late grandad (ex-docker) the quality of your fanbase has gone down hill and most now would not be able to fight their way out of a wet paper bag and live on past reputations of their eldest brother or father.

Still waiting for the last response to catch-up with me.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2023 14:34]

Never forget one of my early away day forays with mates in very early 80's to Charlton, aged 12 or 13,

Standing on the big side terrace at Charlton, whilst a middle-aged fella in the Charlton pen beside us with his dad aged about 75 both racially abusing one of our players (fairly sure it was Bob Hazzell) for the full 90 minutes, and it was full on rabid frothing type ranting,

Leave the ground and the Charlton Skins on the train platform opposite were giving our support the full sieg heils, which was less surprising that the the two old boys earlier, always thought them a strange club from that day.
Reaction when you tell people you are a QPR fan on 15:24 - Aug 2 with 3223 viewssparkey

Reaction when you tell people you are a QPR fan on 15:04 - Aug 2 by ParkRoyalR

Never forget one of my early away day forays with mates in very early 80's to Charlton, aged 12 or 13,

Standing on the big side terrace at Charlton, whilst a middle-aged fella in the Charlton pen beside us with his dad aged about 75 both racially abusing one of our players (fairly sure it was Bob Hazzell) for the full 90 minutes, and it was full on rabid frothing type ranting,

Leave the ground and the Charlton Skins on the train platform opposite were giving our support the full sieg heils, which was less surprising that the the two old boys earlier, always thought them a strange club from that day.

Charlton seems to be a club filled by fans of other clubs. Like it is a lot of people's second team in the area. A little bit like our neighbours in Kew
Reaction when you tell people you are a QPR fan on 15:38 - Aug 2 with 3156 viewsActonExile

The reaction i get generally falls into two camps,

Fans of the Sky generation just look blankly through me but anyone pre- sky will acknowledge either a player, a certain match or a visit to LR and its nearly always been amicable.

Spoke to a Villa van once on a train heading south from an away game an he told of a tale where they had been waiting at White City for a train back into central London and a load of QPR were in the Unigate site throwing the milk bottles at them and said he'd never seen so much glass in all his life.

Poll: Wherever QPR end up playing home games in the future, what is most important?

Reaction when you tell people you are a QPR fan on 15:46 - Aug 2 with 3110 viewsnumptydumpty

Reaction when you tell people you are a QPR fan on 14:57 - Aug 2 by Boston

"Who do you support, mate?"

"QPR"

"Numpty".

Indeed Boston...

Probably an accurate assessment as to the type that follows QPR !!!

There is no sane or logical reason to follow Rangers !!!

Like the most irritating sign placed on the noticeboard of many a workplace.

"You don't have to be mad to work here, but it helps."
[Post edited 2 Aug 2023 15:47]

Reaction when you tell people you are a QPR fan on 15:56 - Aug 2 with 3043 viewsrobith

Reaction when you tell people you are a QPR fan on 15:57 - Aug 2 with 3036 viewsPeterHucker

Reaction when you tell people you are a QPR fan on 15:46 - Aug 2 by numptydumpty

Indeed Boston...

Probably an accurate assessment as to the type that follows QPR !!!

There is no sane or logical reason to follow Rangers !!!

Like the most irritating sign placed on the noticeboard of many a workplace.

"You don't have to be mad to work here, but it helps."
[Post edited 2 Aug 2023 15:47]

I live in north west England so most people react fairly positively and will want to talk about great QPR players of the past (Bowles / Marsh / Francis or Sinclair / Ferdinand / Wilkins if they're a bit younger)

If they are a Man United fan (and there are a lot round here) I'm also finding it increasingly common to have a more negative reaction and having to fend off the ridiculous idea that we are to blame for them not winning the League in 2012 because we let City win.
They all seem to have conveniently forgotten that United were a long way ahead of City with a few games to go and then they choked.
Reaction when you tell people you are a QPR fan on 16:05 - Aug 2 with 3019 viewsnumptydumpty

Reaction when you tell people you are a QPR fan on 15:57 - Aug 2 by PeterHucker

I live in north west England so most people react fairly positively and will want to talk about great QPR players of the past (Bowles / Marsh / Francis or Sinclair / Ferdinand / Wilkins if they're a bit younger)

If they are a Man United fan (and there are a lot round here) I'm also finding it increasingly common to have a more negative reaction and having to fend off the ridiculous idea that we are to blame for them not winning the League in 2012 because we let City win.
They all seem to have conveniently forgotten that United were a long way ahead of City with a few games to go and then they choked.

I don't live many miles from the ultimate Mecca on South Africa Road and there are a lot of Man United fans round here too !!!

Am thinking perhaps it's convicts from Manchester been sent here in the past to colonise another region of the planet earth. That must be the reason. 🤣
[Post edited 2 Aug 2023 16:06]

Reaction when you tell people you are a QPR fan on 16:14 - Aug 2 with 2983 viewsthame_hoops

In America, when somebody wants to talk soccer with you, and you tell them you are a Queens Park Rangers fan, they tend to have heard of us. But then they ask. ‘But Who is your EPL team?’ Yanks 😄
Reaction when you tell people you are a QPR fan on 16:28 - Aug 2 with 2935 viewsSK_hoops

I usually just get 'why?.'
Reaction when you tell people you are a QPR fan on 16:50 - Aug 2 with 2863 viewsBillericayR

Walking round Sports Direct in Basildon and saw a QPR cap going cheap.

Took it to the cash desk and the chap said "I didn't think I would ever get rid of that".
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024