Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Gallen has left Charlton 19:40 - Aug 2 with 19046 viewsBakes

It’s happening..

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 19:50 - Aug 2 with 8392 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

If this is what we'll all assume it is, I'm very, very happy. Absolutely the right choice.
Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 19:51 - Aug 2 with 8374 viewsbosh67

Can he play CB on Saturday?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 19:55 - Aug 2 with 8315 viewsPunteR

Be good to have him back at the club.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 20:19 - Aug 2 with 8072 viewsLogman

I think we need someone with more gravitas
Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 21:14 - Aug 2 with 7744 viewsVancouverHoop

Another 'Old Boy' appointment? If true it's extremely and unnecessarily hasty. It smacks of a rudimentary hiring process designed to appease fans rather than finding the right person for the job.
Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 21:25 - Aug 2 with 7660 viewstkqpr

Bring your black book with you Steveo!
Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 21:31 - Aug 2 with 7593 viewsQPRConor2000

I would be incredibly happy if the reason he was leaving was to become DOF at the club, it absolutely is the right choice.

In particular, hes built an excellent academy set up at Charlton, so that really helps in that regard too.

Furthermore, I wonder if there will be some major changes within the scouting and recruitment set up as well, potentially the likes of Andy Belk, Chris Ramsey, Gary Kharsa all heading out the door perhaps?
Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 21:35 - Aug 2 with 7548 viewsted_hendrix

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 19:55 - Aug 2 by PunteR

Be good to have him back at the club.

In my honest Ignorance In what capacity? I know barely nothing about the bloke apart from him being a qualified football coach.

I've gotta also ask, for a skint club how many backroom staff do we actually need?
[Post edited 2 Aug 2023 21:59]

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 21:55 - Aug 2 with 7367 viewsterryb

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 21:31 - Aug 2 by QPRConor2000

I would be incredibly happy if the reason he was leaving was to become DOF at the club, it absolutely is the right choice.

In particular, hes built an excellent academy set up at Charlton, so that really helps in that regard too.

Furthermore, I wonder if there will be some major changes within the scouting and recruitment set up as well, potentially the likes of Andy Belk, Chris Ramsey, Gary Kharsa all heading out the door perhaps?

That would mean paying three people to leave the club & then replacing them. Perhaps having to pay compensation to clubs they would be joining us from as well.

That would certainly help the finances!
[Post edited 2 Aug 2023 22:10]
Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 22:09 - Aug 2 with 7251 viewsPunteR

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 21:35 - Aug 2 by ted_hendrix

In my honest Ignorance In what capacity? I know barely nothing about the bloke apart from him being a qualified football coach.

I've gotta also ask, for a skint club how many backroom staff do we actually need?
[Post edited 2 Aug 2023 21:59]

I just assumed the vacant DoF role.
I've no idea if he's actually any good at the job though. But then I've no idea who else could do it. (I liked the idea of Warburton but can't see him ever coming back here with our current owners. )
Let's be honest our owners don't have much clue either.
He's a QPR man so that's a positive and has come up through the coaching ranks so will have an idea of the football side of things.
I liked him when he was here last and seem to set high standards for the youth players. From what I could tell anyway.

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 22:09 - Aug 2 with 7250 viewsrbee

If he is appointed tomorrow will he walk out on Friday after disagreeing with Gareth on potential targets?
Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 22:10 - Aug 2 with 7240 viewsQPRConor2000

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 21:55 - Aug 2 by terryb

That would mean paying three people to leave the club & then replacing them. Perhaps having to pay compensation to clubs they would be joining us from as well.

That would certainly help the finances!
[Post edited 2 Aug 2023 22:10]

Im pretty sure Steve Gallen will want to bring in some of his own staff over from Charlton.

I would imagine compensation would have to be paid, but it would probably only be very small anyway.
Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 22:13 - Aug 2 with 7226 viewspadstow

Interesting. Reading the responses on that tweet (sorry...'X' which I'm not sure is pronounced "ex" or "kiss"!), the Charlton fans don't seem to be that bothered about him leaving, basically thanking him for 2019 but so long and thanks for all the fish...
This isn't an opinion on the prospect of his potential arrival here or otherwise (didn't we all do the same thing when Warburton left West Ham?), but more a reflection of those best placed to judge his performance (or at best form an opinion of his performance) in a similar role. The impression of his performance appears to correlate to changes in the ownership environment and budget pressures with not much going on in the way of academy products? It's all contextual.
He loves this club and that can never be discounted...
Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 22:22 - Aug 2 with 7132 viewsWhip_It

His departure not related to the QPR DOF role according to Dave Mc.
Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 22:29 - Aug 2 with 7082 viewsdanehoop

Not sure if his leaving Charlton automatically means he is joining us. Much as I like the idea in my heart, my head questions how successful he was with us previously when he in the coaching set up. Don't recall anything particularly good emerging from the U21 and below into our first team (don't think Sterling was his prodigy/find).

Charlton mate said he had done a respectable job for them in difficult circumstances given their litany of appalling ownership (we are a bastion of stability and sensibility in comparison). That said he wasn't worried by his departure from the club at all. He wasn't sure if it was their new owners changing things or Gallen going of his own volition.

Never knowingly understood

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 23:34 - Aug 2 with 6815 viewspaulhoop2

Belk and Ramsey need binning don’t need a technical director that coaches too massive wage that needs trimming as for belk he’s failed with recruitment les was his fall guy should have been him gone

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 23:42 - Aug 2 with 6795 viewsChrisNW6

Is he more qualified than our previous DOF? I just don't get it 🤷.

What has he done in his career that warrants a DOF job in the Championship. Not sure why fans think this is a great fit?
Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 23:56 - Aug 2 with 6729 viewsbaz_qpr

Personally feel this would be an appointment based on sentiment and surname rather than any cold assessment as to what is best for the club and the long term direction. Just like Ainsworth in fact...
Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 00:07 - Aug 3 with 6704 viewsPunteR

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 23:56 - Aug 2 by baz_qpr

Personally feel this would be an appointment based on sentiment and surname rather than any cold assessment as to what is best for the club and the long term direction. Just like Ainsworth in fact...

Could be. Do our owners know any different?. Do they have the right sort of contacts within the game to get someone in that they can trust? I don't.
They've had their fingers burnt too many times.
I think we do need a DoF at the club. Someone running the day to day stuff of from the football side of things. Hoos does the other stuff.
Gallen is QPR so that to me is a bonus. I know nothing about the intricacies of the role and who is best for the role though.
This would be a typical appointment from the board. If it happens.

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 00:08 - Aug 3 with 6703 viewsQPR_Jim

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 23:34 - Aug 2 by paulhoop2

Belk and Ramsey need binning don’t need a technical director that coaches too massive wage that needs trimming as for belk he’s failed with recruitment les was his fall guy should have been him gone

How do we know if Belk is any good? We're constantly signing players that managers have previously worked with going all the way back to Warburton, so we don't have a lot to judge his analytics on.
Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 00:10 - Aug 3 with 6689 viewsVancouverHoop

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 23:56 - Aug 2 by baz_qpr

Quite.

It's what we do. And more often than not it doesn't work. It's a sop to keep the fans (ie: us) quiet.
Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 00:54 - Aug 3 with 6610 viewsBoston

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 21:14 - Aug 2 by VancouverHoop

Another 'Old Boy' appointment? If true it's extremely and unnecessarily hasty. It smacks of a rudimentary hiring process designed to appease fans rather than finding the right person for the job.

I'd read / heard, he'd been doing a good job at Charlton.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 01:00 - Aug 3 with 6584 viewsNov77

I thought they were paying some outside recruitment firm to hire a D.O.F. It’d be hilarious if after fleecing us for their fee they just come up with another ‘itch that needs scratching’

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 01:21 - Aug 3 with 6566 viewsHooping_Mad

I think Gallen was at the club when the owners took over, as we were on the up then and have been on the down ever since, perhaps this is a little bit of a mea culpa. Quite right to, but from Gallen's point of view you should never go back so could be interesting...

I'll go out on a limb here and say he will probably be wearing much less snazzy suits than Les and will probably not be seen 'scouting' anywhere near Columbia.

Personally think he cares more for the club than his own image.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 02:51 - Aug 3 with 6467 viewscharmr

Know Steve quite well. Personally if anyone gets Rangers like he does it’s an appointment well worth investigating.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024