Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, Chris Willock... 17:10 - Aug 19 with 22922 viewsSteveB

Thoughts?

So, Chris Willock... (n/t) on 22:47 - Aug 19 with 1857 viewspaulparker

So, Chris Willock... (n/t) on 22:38 - Aug 19 by numptydumpty

I support my team and today was decent and far from desperate.

And Willock was decent. It was an encouraging game all round and I personally was encouraged

As you said it's about opinions but when I said I disagreed with your viewpoint of constantly knocking certain players and it being unhelpful to our support you throw personal abuse back.

Unnecessary
[Post edited 19 Aug 2023 22:50]

And when people have opinions you don’t like you call them closet Fulham & Brentford fans

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

So, Chris Willock... on 22:54 - Aug 19 with 1840 viewsAntti_Heinola

So, Chris Willock... on 18:03 - Aug 19 by BklynRanger

Find what you like Anti, I care not.

Don't expect you to mate. All I said was that it was ott, don't expect you to change your mind, just a fairly mild opinion!

Bare bones.

So, Chris Willock... (n/t) on 22:57 - Aug 19 with 1833 viewsnumptydumpty

So, Chris Willock... (n/t) on 22:47 - Aug 19 by paulparker

And when people have opinions you don’t like you call them closet Fulham & Brentford fans

Figure of speech used because some posters on here are quite abusive to players of our club always.

Constructive criticism is all well and good but abuse i don't understand the fans that constantly have to hate several of our own players and today Willock did well.

Ainsworth was very positive with Willock today and he had injury issues, others have said it's downing tools but I am tending to think monsieur Ainsworth knows more about Willocks position than ourselves and he is very keen to have him here this season.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2023 23:06]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

So, Chris Willock... on 23:05 - Aug 19 with 1807 views1JD

So, Chris Willock... on 18:32 - Aug 19 by Hunterhoop

Exactly. Bottled out of two bouncing ball headers. He’s protecting himself.

The bloke is never gonna hit the heights you or Ainsworth demand. He’s just not that type of player and never has been. Getting pelters for something he’s never done, even in his (very recent) prime. Eze was the same. Taraabt another one. Buzsaky another. If you indeed find number 10s running around at 100mph like Josh Scowen, with a Duracell battery, they are probably playing for Man City. Perfection is hard. Appreciate him for what he is, rather than what he is not. And look beyond his contract situation - we need him fit and firing regardless of where he plays his football next season.
So, Chris Willock... on 23:14 - Aug 19 with 1777 viewsnumptydumpty

So, Chris Willock... on 23:05 - Aug 19 by 1JD

The bloke is never gonna hit the heights you or Ainsworth demand. He’s just not that type of player and never has been. Getting pelters for something he’s never done, even in his (very recent) prime. Eze was the same. Taraabt another one. Buzsaky another. If you indeed find number 10s running around at 100mph like Josh Scowen, with a Duracell battery, they are probably playing for Man City. Perfection is hard. Appreciate him for what he is, rather than what he is not. And look beyond his contract situation - we need him fit and firing regardless of where he plays his football next season.

Agree. Game changer on his day.

And supporting him to be the best he can be is the best way forward.

Like you say a hard tackler he is not, leave that side of things to Field, but he can unlock defences and yes if we can get him fit and firing, all well and good.

I can go back to Les s playing days and the odd fan whinged about his workrate constantly and can remember guy in row behind me constantly bemoaning Eze for similar.

Football is not all about blood and guts.

Let's hope Willock starts on the forward trajectory once more and I guess fans get abusive to such players because they have seen them hit the heights and when their form is poor they get absolute pelters.

Hard to understand tbh
[Post edited 19 Aug 2023 23:16]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

So, Chris Willock... on 23:24 - Aug 19 with 1732 viewsHunterhoop

So, Chris Willock... on 23:05 - Aug 19 by 1JD

JD, you’re boring.

I don’t want Josh Scowen.

I want my number 10s, my attacking players to create chances, have assists, and score goals.

You think he had a good game. Fine. Great. Stop putting words in my mouth though. I didn’t think he played well as an attacking threat. I don’t want him or Chair to be a Scowen. Never said that. Straw men and all that.

Too many fans - and you absolutely are one - want Ainsworth to fail. It’s dull. It’s ego over the club.
So, Chris Willock... on 23:28 - Aug 19 with 1714 viewsHunterhoop

And to be clear, I’d love it if Willock plays well, scores goals and helps us win games (assuming he stays with us)!

I just think he was in 2nd gear all day today.

If we don’t sell him, nor sign anyone, and especially if Chair goes, we’ll need Willock. But I think we need a much better version. And I don’t think it has anything to do with style of play of systems….
So, Chris Willock... on 23:29 - Aug 19 with 1699 views1JD

So, Chris Willock... on 23:24 - Aug 19 by Hunterhoop

JD, you’re boring.

I want my number 10s, my attacking players to create chances, have assists, and score goals.

You think he had a good game. Fine. Great. Stop putting words in my mouth though. I didn’t think he played well as an attacking threat. I don’t want him or Chair to be a Scowen. Never said that. Straw men and all that.

Too many fans - and you absolutely are one - want Ainsworth to fail. It’s dull. It’s ego over the club.

Can we play bingo for every time you say “strawman”?
Login to get fewer ads

So, Chris Willock... on 23:34 - Aug 19 with 1691 viewsYugohoop

So, Chris Willock... on 23:28 - Aug 19 by Hunterhoop

And to be clear, I’d love it if Willock plays well, scores goals and helps us win games (assuming he stays with us)!

I just think he was in 2nd gear all day today.

If we don’t sell him, nor sign anyone, and especially if Chair goes, we’ll need Willock. But I think we need a much better version. And I don’t think it has anything to do with style of play of systems….

Think you're going off topic here! Regardless of the opinion on Ainsworth, if you can't tell the difference between the first half and the second half then there's a problem. The call to bring Willock off at half time was clearly pre planned and 100% the right call. He's not had a good preseason and was definitely blowing out of his arse. However, what he did do in the first half was clearly lacking in the second and not even you can surely deny that we were weaker without him.
So, Chris Willock... on 23:35 - Aug 19 with 1686 viewsDejR_vu

In fairness to him, GA did say that the minor injury was a hamstring so there’s probably a psychological side to it.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

So, Chris Willock... on 23:39 - Aug 19 with 1683 viewsconnell10

Credit Where's it due , I thought he put a bit more effort today than his normal level when he has played lately, but that was a very low performance bar.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

So, Chris Willock... on 23:52 - Aug 19 with 1643 viewsHunterhoop

So, Chris Willock... on 23:34 - Aug 19 by Yugohoop

Think you're going off topic here! Regardless of the opinion on Ainsworth, if you can't tell the difference between the first half and the second half then there's a problem. The call to bring Willock off at half time was clearly pre planned and 100% the right call. He's not had a good preseason and was definitely blowing out of his arse. However, what he did do in the first half was clearly lacking in the second and not even you can surely deny that we were weaker without him.

The two aren’t exclusively linked. The change in game was the 5 min spell when Armstrong and Field went off.

Prior to that, Armstrong went through 1-1 and missed and Kakay missed that sitter.

The change in performance occurred after those subs, not Willock’s.
So, Chris Willock... on 23:53 - Aug 19 with 1638 viewsHunterhoop

So, Chris Willock... on 23:29 - Aug 19 by 1JD

Can we play bingo for every time you say “strawman”?

Well if you can only put words in other people’s mouths i’ll say it quite often. You can shout house to your heart’s content. Might help massage that ego…
So, Chris Willock... on 23:57 - Aug 19 with 1622 views1JD

So, Chris Willock... on 23:53 - Aug 19 by Hunterhoop

Well if you can only put words in other people’s mouths i’ll say it quite often. You can shout house to your heart’s content. Might help massage that ego…

Lol from the man who is always right and never wrong that’s a little ironic. Anyway, more to the point, what beer you having?! Catch up soon
So, Chris Willock... on 00:06 - Aug 20 with 1598 viewsMatch82

Thought he was past gone, burned all his bridges with the management and bulk of the fanbase, so today was a pleasant surprise, not great but a lot better than anything we've seen from him in the last 9 months.

If he gets back to even halfway the player he was then he'll be an asset on the pitch and/or financially so let's hope that's the case.
So, Chris Willock... on 00:06 - Aug 20 with 1598 viewsYugohoop

So, Chris Willock... on 23:52 - Aug 19 by Hunterhoop

The two aren’t exclusively linked. The change in game was the 5 min spell when Armstrong and Field went off.

Prior to that, Armstrong went through 1-1 and missed and Kakay missed that sitter.

The change in performance occurred after those subs, not Willock’s.

Disagree, Ipswich we're never gonna come out second half with the same set up. They came to us expecting an established championship side to dominate at home and when that didn't happen they took the game to us and got the win. 38% possession at home tells it's own story and if your gonna judge our performance on one off individual moments from players like Armstrong then your gonna look at every game thinking we've done well.
So, Chris Willock... on 00:07 - Aug 20 with 1592 viewsHunterhoop

So, Chris Willock... on 23:57 - Aug 19 by 1JD

Lol from the man who is always right and never wrong that’s a little ironic. Anyway, more to the point, what beer you having?! Catch up soon

Am often wrong. Just like to give managers a proper chance first. Like to support them.
So, Chris Willock... on 00:09 - Aug 20 with 1587 viewsPhilmyRs

So, Chris Willock... on 23:24 - Aug 19 by Hunterhoop

JD, you’re boring.

I think a lot of fans - put myself in this category - really wanted Ainsworth to succeed but have just been left scratching their heads at some of the slop dished up and the naivety in approach to Championship football. It’s hard to just get behind a manager when they’re doing that. However, after Watford, whether it’s a light bulb moment, senior players having had a word, or he’s worked something out from the months of rubbish dished up, we’ve changed. We’ve changed systems, got players in, and we’re trying to play more football. This is undeniable, and I’m pleased for the Manager and hope it continues and we get a bit more luck in front of goal. But since he’s been Manager, it’s fair to have criticised what he’s done and you can’t blame people for not getting behind him after months of repeated (tactical) mistakes. Based on the last 3 games I see some light at the end of the tunnel and hope this new approach continues and we don’t revert to pre-Cardiff Rangers.
So, Chris Willock... on 00:19 - Aug 20 with 1568 views1JD

So, Chris Willock... on 00:07 - Aug 20 by Hunterhoop

Am often wrong. Just like to give managers a proper chance first. Like to support them.

But dude, this conversation is about Willocks performance not Ainsworth as a manager. At least that’s what I thought it was. As for Ainsworth yes, I have strong views, but bear in mind I’ve seen Wycombe 50 times in the flesh. That’s not a whim. And he’s done little to change my mind so far. That said, I absolutely love the change of direction, and I proper clapped him off today as he came round R block. I liked what I saw at times. Even if I didn’t agree at all with the Colback in the number 10 position as a straight swap. Bonkers! He really needs to sharpen up his tactical awareness if he is to be a success at this level imho.
So, Chris Willock... on 00:30 - Aug 20 with 1554 views1JD

So, Chris Willock... on 00:07 - Aug 20 by Hunterhoop

Ps, hope you can give that same support for Chrissy Willock then!
So, Chris Willock... (n/t) on 02:54 - Aug 20 with 1477 viewsDamo1962

So, Chris Willock... (n/t) on 22:38 - Aug 19 by numptydumpty

I support my team and today was decent and far from desperate.

And Willock was decent. It was an encouraging game all round and I personally was encouraged

As you said it's about opinions but when I said I disagreed with your viewpoint of constantly knocking certain players and it being unhelpful to our support you throw personal abuse back.

Unnecessary
[Post edited 19 Aug 2023 22:50]

It's my opinion, and means nothing in the great scheme of things regarding the team or performance. Apologies for my language...just gets my goat when some settle for less than we should expect.We have the best supporters of any club.
So, Chris Willock... on 05:52 - Aug 20 with 1438 viewsBklynRanger

So, Chris Willock... on 22:54 - Aug 19 by Antti_Heinola

Don't expect you to mate. All I said was that it was ott, don't expect you to change your mind, just a fairly mild opinion!

The thing is I did change my mind, a bit. That's why I started the post with that comment.

We all know how frustrating it's been to struggle for the last however many months without Willock, and you could see today what he can bring, even semi fit and semi focused.

So I've gone from anger into more of a sad phase about it now. With just a bit of residual anger. And maybe a hint of yearning - but I'm quite prone to the occasional yearn anyway.
So, Chris Willock... on 06:00 - Aug 20 with 1437 viewssevenhoop

So, Chris Willock... on 17:21 - Aug 19 by RangersDave

I'm sorry,

Your obviously watching the wrong player.

I saw Mr Willock run his heart out today, lay on loads of excellent meaningful passes, 3 connecting and at least 4 or 5 shots on target.

What a player! i'm just sad that his performance today puts his going to a bigger team for £8-10 mil, a certainty. It's just who he goes to....... but no matter who he does go and play for he will shine and be worth the £10m they will spend on him.

I will be very sad to see him go, thats for sure. What an engine!

I make you 100% correct
So, Chris Willock... on 07:18 - Aug 20 with 1383 viewsPunteR

So, Chris Willock... on 17:59 - Aug 19 by Antti_Heinola

No issues with him today at all, and we didn’t look as cohesive once he went off. Thought he played well, worked reasonably hard without busting a gut, but they fouled him every time he had it. As I’ve said before, we only know one side of the story, and he’s been injured for about 12 of the last 14 months. Find the ‘sick of the sight of him’ comments a bit ott.

Do we know one side of the story? What's that then..?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

So, Chris Willock... on 08:51 - Aug 20 with 1215 viewsLordPork

At what point do we draw a line under a player and move on?

In recent times, last 10-20 years, I'm struggling to think of any other player who is held with so much admiration ( of his skill ) yet delivers so little.

Every time he shows up, either on the bench or in the team he delivers almost nothing. Watford away last season the exception, then what?

I'm really bored of the debate, if he worked in most of the companies I worked for, he'd be gone ages ago.....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024