Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheffield utd whacked 19:29 - Sep 24 with 6282 viewsPaddyhoops

The fine line between investing too much and not investing at all exposed today.
Hammered 8 .0 by Saudis Arabia , sorry Newcastle.
Way way out of Their depth in the premier league.
We should have turned them over at home last season under Bob Crachet.
Gap gets ever wider
Sheffield utd whacked on 19:35 - Sep 24 with 4375 viewsNorthernr

This was on the cards.

They were running on fumes by the end of the year, just about managed to hold off Middlesbrough but not by much.

Had they not gone up, they'd have gone bust. They had games with pitch inspections last Spring because the chairman had told them they couldn't turn the undersoil heating on. The money they've made from promotion has all gone into plugging financial gaps.

They sold Berge and Ndiaye, their two best players, and haven't replaced them. This is after losing their previous best player Gibbs White, also without adequate replacement.

Many of the tactics Heckingbottom likes to use around killing games, shithousing etc are now being clamped down on. He was bitching and moaning last week about how referees won't let him do "game management" any more but anybody who's watched his teams will know he's exactly the bloody reason they brought those rules in in the first place.

Still, I feel for him a bit. He's a decent manager, and I'm not sure what anybody expecting him to do with the hand of cards the owner has dealt him this season.
Sheffield utd whacked on 19:54 - Sep 24 with 4298 viewsJigsore

how did the Blades manage to find the only Saudi willing to buy a football club *without* wads of cash spilling out of their orifices

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Sheffield utd whacked on 20:27 - Sep 24 with 4167 viewsPaddyhoops

Sheffield utd whacked on 19:35 - Sep 24 by Northernr

This was on the cards.

They were running on fumes by the end of the year, just about managed to hold off Middlesbrough but not by much.

Had they not gone up, they'd have gone bust. They had games with pitch inspections last Spring because the chairman had told them they couldn't turn the undersoil heating on. The money they've made from promotion has all gone into plugging financial gaps.

They sold Berge and Ndiaye, their two best players, and haven't replaced them. This is after losing their previous best player Gibbs White, also without adequate replacement.

Many of the tactics Heckingbottom likes to use around killing games, shithousing etc are now being clamped down on. He was bitching and moaning last week about how referees won't let him do "game management" any more but anybody who's watched his teams will know he's exactly the bloody reason they brought those rules in in the first place.

Still, I feel for him a bit. He's a decent manager, and I'm not sure what anybody expecting him to do with the hand of cards the owner has dealt him this season.

I like their manager as well . He’s been asked to make silk purses out of sows ears.
He’ll likely be sacked and replaced by Sharon’s husband .
Don’t f**ckin do it Niel!
Sheffield utd whacked on 20:35 - Sep 24 with 4136 viewshamptonhillhoop

It goes deeper than that though. The three promoted teams are in the bottom three with three points between them from a combined sixteen games and a goal difference of minus 29. The gulf between championship and Premier league is huge
Sheffield utd whacked on 20:36 - Sep 24 with 4126 viewsToast_R

He'll be sacked very soon. No one comes back from that.
Sheffield utd whacked on 20:36 - Sep 24 with 4125 viewseghamranger

I watched it… men against boys!

Jack Robinson should have had a red too. I heard a rumour that Chris wilder is going back there, it won’t make a difference as he will have the same group of players. The bottom 3 currently are the same 3 that got promoted.

Anyway Chelsea lost!!
Sheffield utd whacked on 21:11 - Sep 24 with 3993 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Sheffield utd whacked on 20:35 - Sep 24 by hamptonhillhoop

It goes deeper than that though. The three promoted teams are in the bottom three with three points between them from a combined sixteen games and a goal difference of minus 29. The gulf between championship and Premier league is huge

I'm not so sure. Brentford, Villa, Bournmouth and Fulham are all doing OK.
Sheff Utd are just badly run. A well run club will thrive, something our owners should heed.
Sheffield utd whacked on 21:20 - Sep 24 with 3967 viewsLogman

I don't think he's a good manager. Whenever I have seen them play us he just tried to get them to bully us. At our place it worked because we were down on our luck at the time but then we won 1-0 up there last time we played them. You have to question any manager who has Olly McBurnie in his team. Anyway, he is a dead man walking , as they say.
Login to get fewer ads

Sheffield utd whacked on 21:30 - Sep 24 with 3922 viewshamptonhillhoop

Sheffield utd whacked on 21:11 - Sep 24 by Wilkinswatercarrier

I'm not so sure. Brentford, Villa, Bournmouth and Fulham are all doing OK.
Sheff Utd are just badly run. A well run club will thrive, something our owners should heed.

Villa and brentford are relatively established now, if you stay up that first season you have a chance. Bournemouth may survive this season because Sheffield utd and Luton are two of the three to go down. Burnley may survive but haven't started well. I think the gap is just getting bigger every season.
Sheffield utd whacked on 21:37 - Sep 24 with 3894 viewsloftboy

Going to call my ex wife Sheffield United seeing as she used to kick off every 5 minutes!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Sheffield utd whacked on 21:39 - Sep 24 with 3886 viewsAndybrat

The whole European Super League isn’t such a bad idea, might even it out a bit more for the rest of us. A Premier League without Saudi teams? To be honest if you go through Europe the super league could supplement the new Saudi league. No chance of a level playing field unless something happens, it’s not fair
Sheffield utd whacked on 21:47 - Sep 24 with 3834 viewsLblock

I don’t like Heckingarse

He has no time for us at all

I’ve got history with Chef Utd and wish them all the ills in the world. May they be on the end of many more heavy defeats and descend into admin and oblivion

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Sheffield utd whacked on 22:00 - Sep 24 with 3777 viewsdistortR

Sheffield utd whacked on 21:47 - Sep 24 by Lblock

I don’t like Heckingarse

I’ve got history with Chef Utd and wish them all the ills in the world. May they be on the end of many more heavy defeats and descend into admin and oblivion

Yeah, had shit from them a couple of times, including witnessing a bloke in his 40's smack a Rangers fan who must have been about 15. Chased the bloke onto his coach, which wasn't wise.................
Sheffield utd whacked on 22:49 - Sep 24 with 3660 viewsnumptydumpty

Just.imagine QPR somehow got in play offs and make final and score in last minute.

Three or four wins out of 38 games played perhaps.

As shown all three promoted clubs not won a single game as yet.

Unless you can somehow survive season one and two, then you can start to attempt to be in Premier long time but that is very rare.

Appreciate it might not seem that as two of our West London neighbours been performing there but it's mighty tough.

Huge gulf in class
[Post edited 24 Sep 2023 22:51]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Sheffield utd whacked on 22:50 - Sep 24 with 3660 viewsManinBlack

Sheffield utd whacked on 21:47 - Sep 24 by Lblock

I don’t like Heckingarse

Totally agree. He was very critical of us when we won there last season accusing us of time wasting, parking the bus and any other crap he could come out with. All the things he said about us applied to his own team.
Sheffield utd whacked on 23:35 - Sep 24 with 3567 viewsstowmarketrange

On a brighter note.It is now Chelshite’s worst start to a season since 1978.They probably spent about £5.50 on players then and got relegated.Over £1 billion spent and hopefully the same fate this season.
Sheffield utd whacked on 00:14 - Sep 25 with 3513 viewsnumptydumpty

Sheffield utd whacked on 23:35 - Sep 24 by stowmarketrange

On a brighter note.It is now Chelshite’s worst start to a season since 1978.They probably spent about £5.50 on players then and got relegated.Over £1 billion spent and hopefully the same fate this season.

That team have made many weird signings

Ahh bless.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Sheffield utd whacked on 00:30 - Sep 25 with 3487 viewshamptonhillhoop

Sheffield utd whacked on 00:14 - Sep 25 by numptydumpty

That team have made many weird signings

Ahh bless.

I'm now at the stage where I know very little about other teams outside of QPR. When I was younger I knew everything about every other team but now I couldn't tell you who was manager of most championship teams. Even taking that into account, I watched Chelsea tonight on motd2 and I've never heard of the vast majority of players they've paid tens of millions for
Sheffield utd whacked on 01:47 - Sep 25 with 3423 viewsSydneyRs

Sheffield utd whacked on 21:30 - Sep 24 by hamptonhillhoop

Villa and brentford are relatively established now, if you stay up that first season you have a chance. Bournemouth may survive this season because Sheffield utd and Luton are two of the three to go down. Burnley may survive but haven't started well. I think the gap is just getting bigger every season.

Only a matter of time before clubs like Brentford and Bournemouth come back down. There's a limit to what they can do up there unless a billionaire arrives.
Sheffield utd whacked on 03:37 - Sep 25 with 3380 viewsLblock

Sheffield utd whacked on 22:49 - Sep 24 by numptydumpty

Just.imagine QPR somehow got in play offs and make final and score in last minute.

Three or four wins out of 38 games played perhaps.

As shown all three promoted clubs not won a single game as yet.

Unless you can somehow survive season one and two, then you can start to attempt to be in Premier long time but that is very rare.

Appreciate it might not seem that as two of our West London neighbours been performing there but it's mighty tough.

Huge gulf in class
[Post edited 24 Sep 2023 22:51]

I’d take promotion and a season where we just beat Derbys point haul of 12

Invest wisely for the following season(s) in players and infrastructure
Pay down debt
Ready the club for sale

In doing the above be transparent; sod the Twa@tter/X gimps chasing signings, signings, signings
Just make a public statement “these players deserve to give it a crack, we’ll be giving it 1,000%, but the future matters and we’ve learnt hard lessons from recent past”

And then the drugs wore off………..

It’s the stuff of fantasy I know

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Sheffield utd whacked on 07:32 - Sep 25 with 3229 viewsstevec

Sheffield utd whacked on 03:37 - Sep 25 by Lblock

I’d take promotion and a season where we just beat Derbys point haul of 12

Invest wisely for the following season(s) in players and infrastructure
Pay down debt
Ready the club for sale

In doing the above be transparent; sod the Twa@tter/X gimps chasing signings, signings, signings
Just make a public statement “these players deserve to give it a crack, we’ll be giving it 1,000%, but the future matters and we’ve learnt hard lessons from recent past”

And then the drugs wore off………..

It’s the stuff of fantasy I know

Yep I’d be quite happy if we just did a runner with the Sky money if it meant the financial side of the club was improved.
Sheffield utd whacked on 08:57 - Sep 25 with 3102 viewsslmrstid

Sheffield utd whacked on 07:32 - Sep 25 by stevec

Yep I’d be quite happy if we just did a runner with the Sky money if it meant the financial side of the club was improved.

Everyone says that but I'm sure there'd be lots of howling of misery when going up, taking the money and losing every week is a reality.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2023 8:58]
Sheffield utd whacked on 09:07 - Sep 25 with 3057 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sheffield utd whacked on 01:47 - Sep 25 by SydneyRs

Only a matter of time before clubs like Brentford and Bournemouth come back down. There's a limit to what they can do up there unless a billionaire arrives.

It's the same for all clubs except City, United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea. Every other club will get relegated at some point in the next 20-30 years - some much sooner, but they all will be.
At the moment it looks like Brighton have cracked the code, but look back 15 years ago and Southampton were that team. Leicester won the league 7 years ago, and are now down with us. That's the reality, and I don't think it's unhealthy to have a high turnover like that.

Bare bones.

Sheffield utd whacked on 09:28 - Sep 25 with 3012 viewsMalintabuk

Sheffield utd whacked on 21:39 - Sep 24 by Andybrat

The whole European Super League isn’t such a bad idea, might even it out a bit more for the rest of us. A Premier League without Saudi teams? To be honest if you go through Europe the super league could supplement the new Saudi league. No chance of a level playing field unless something happens, it’s not fair

Like the vast majority of football fans I could not give a toss about other teams and what they do and how they do it... apart from the dismantling of those Sh!tes in North Battersea
The only thing about this super league is if the top 6 or 8 leave the Premier then so will sky and most likely the money that goes with it.
There will be little interest in English football and no matter how much we all hate the current hierarchy of it, the money is important to all clubs. This new deal for the championship is off the back of the Premier money and if that went then football would be more in provished that it is now in the lower leagues
Guess we all hark back to the "good old days" of when your club had a chance ..... don't think they will come back
Sheffield utd whacked on 09:44 - Sep 25 with 2959 viewsMetallica_Hoop

When we got hammered by Arsenal I was in a proper old gooner pub by the old Highbury with a mate.
She introduced me as a Rangers fan to her gooner mates and I said jokingly don't worry you'll hammer us. (sorry)

It was all good natured banter even by the Gooners not in our group, by the end it was almost sympathetic and that was over 10 years ago.

The gulf was huge even then, though we invested poorly admittedly.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024