Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report 01:06 - Oct 9 with 18130 viewsNorthernr

Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report 9th Oct 2023 00:38
Gareth Ainsworth's promise of sunlit uplands and big things to come from his team look mightily stupid this morning after Blackburn Rovers ran a sword four goals thick through a QPR rabble at Loftus Road on Saturday - now one home win in a year for the R's. 15

Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 04:03 - Oct 9 with 9169 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Brutal game ,brutal hard truth all through that report fair play to you for laying that out .
We are in total free fall and its pretty sickening if this same bunch of players quit on Neil Critchley and now GA.
His post match interviews are pathetic at this stage he must really think our fans are morons.
Dont forget he promised a huge bounce back after Leeds and a home win yet they delivered this rubbish .
Time to clean house maybe
Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 07:14 - Oct 9 with 8880 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Outrageous that Bhatia is posting his celeb interactions on Instagram, while this is occurring on his watch under his manager. Reminds me of Nero.

Still find it unbelievable that he wasn't challenged at the fans forum. Our fanbase must be the most supine in the country.
Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 07:17 - Oct 9 with 8884 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

One of, if not the worst, performance I have seen from a QPR team in nearly 40 years. Are these players really wearing the same shirts as Mcdonald, Bowles, Wilkins etc, they are an embarrassment.

As for Ainsworth. Absolutely clueless and needs to go. I think even the owners now, even if it means doing a Luton. I can't see anyway foward.

Great report though, and still made me laugh in parts (probably because the club is one long joke).
Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 08:01 - Oct 9 with 8672 viewsMalintabuk

Can only agree with Clive and the above posters. Yesterday I spoke to my brother who is 10 years older than me who has been going to QPR for 70 years... yes 70 years next year and I have never once heard him say that is it for him
Just take that in 70 years QPR is without doubt the longest relationship in his life... longer than his marriage of over 50 years and our parents
Me I'm a novice of 56 years and thesame as him.
Being that much older than me QPR was our bridge we have laughed together, cried together over our beloved QPR. I remember taking his oldest boy and my oldest girl to games together. My girl long got over the QPR bug but his boys still go and now their boys...
On Saturday I looked at my great nephews who just asked their dad do we have to go dad....
Those buch of overpaid, under achievers that own my club, run my club and allegedly play for my club, want to bow their head in shame
70 Fcuking years he has given money, time, sacrifice and love to this club, to tell me that is it for him no more
Thanks you guys I hope you are proud of yourselves
Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 08:47 - Oct 9 with 8443 viewscaptainmycaptian

Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 08:01 - Oct 9 by Malintabuk

Can only agree with Clive and the above posters. Yesterday I spoke to my brother who is 10 years older than me who has been going to QPR for 70 years... yes 70 years next year and I have never once heard him say that is it for him
Just take that in 70 years QPR is without doubt the longest relationship in his life... longer than his marriage of over 50 years and our parents
Me I'm a novice of 56 years and thesame as him.
Being that much older than me QPR was our bridge we have laughed together, cried together over our beloved QPR. I remember taking his oldest boy and my oldest girl to games together. My girl long got over the QPR bug but his boys still go and now their boys...
On Saturday I looked at my great nephews who just asked their dad do we have to go dad....
Those buch of overpaid, under achievers that own my club, run my club and allegedly play for my club, want to bow their head in shame
70 Fcuking years he has given money, time, sacrifice and love to this club, to tell me that is it for him no more
Thanks you guys I hope you are proud of yourselves

This is unfortunately the way. The club it seems is giving up the fight. I am sorry for my son who I given this curse of a gift. My youngest supports Arsenal his mum has brain washed him.but how can i argue when they play like this. Its sad considering how many great teams we have had. They always played with heart no matter what..This is by far one of the worse teams in 40 years for me.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2023 12:32]
Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 08:56 - Oct 9 with 8386 viewsThe_Beast1976

Fantastic report.

As said in another thread, the owners need to go and they need to go now. They have zero interest in this club and are doing nothing more than slowly and painfully taking it down to League 2, whilst at the same time trying to keep us all quiet and off their backs by constantly reminding us that that're funding us. I couldn't give a toss what they're funding. GET OUT NOW.

Regretfully, GA also needs to go.
Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 09:01 - Oct 9 with 8348 viewsstevec

Think GA will be here for the duration.

The owners must have sussed the only chance of selling this club is in a relatively FFP free environment, that is, League One.

Think they see GA as the man to take us there with the minimum of fuss. ‘One of our own’ and all that stuff.

Hope Amit had a lovely week at the golf.
Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 09:06 - Oct 9 with 8336 viewskingsburyR

Great piece of writing bar the spoiler alert on the book I'm just about to read! LOL

That performance was as bad as it gets in the 40+ years I have been going to QPR and that's saying something.

Bear a thought for my 10 year old daughter who I have been bringing to LR for the last two years. I had to explain to her on Saturday why we were leaving on 68 minutes. She has seen nothing but absolute dog dirge the whole time I've been bring the poor sod to games yet still loves going. Ive always thought well it can't get any worse........... then Saturday happened.

I can't remember going to a game with my little one and us fully enjoying the experience. She gets we are QPR and it doesn't come as a shiny package as it does on Sky Sports but fu(k me give her something.

Someone behind me in MU shouted out he'd rather one a Chelsea fan not long after the 4th went in. He had a point!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Login to get fewer ads

Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 09:06 - Oct 9 with 8335 viewsPaddyhoops

I won’t be going to the Leicester game at the end of month as I inadvertently booked a few days in the Isle of Wight with Mrs paddy.
I don’t miss many games but In a way I’m glad I’m not going .I need a break.
It’s soul destroying watching this horse shit week in week out and how the attendances have held up is beyond me.
The tactics and set up on Saturday were border line criminal and how he’s still surviving is beyond me and most people. We’ll be down by Xmas at this rate.
Field and cook were big losses on Saturday and underline how important they are to the team.
Better that they’re in to keep the score down to one or two rather than the 4 or 5 without them.
Sad times.
Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 09:11 - Oct 9 with 8314 viewsHooparoo

Clive, you deserve a medal to keep turning up week after week and not only watching this crap but writing a report on it. Thank you for doing that but I must say as someone who has loved this club for 50+ years, I have never been more despondent about our future than I am now. I’ve got my two kids aged 8 and 10 to get the QPR bug which increasingly feels like child abuse.

I despair ☹️

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 09:20 - Oct 9 with 8273 viewsAndybrat

Sad report Clive, luckily I missed it. I have a season ticket and so far have only been at LR for the first half of the Coventry game (0-0) so must be the only fan who has had good value for money so far. No petrol costs, beer in the C&S etc. Like you sometimes I just don’t get it, even Kakay in bad form is a right back by trade, so why ruin the confidence of our reserve left back. I have Fulham mates and they thought he has potential btw. I am there for Leicester so Cannon at RWB is a must, Field and Cook back is a must, so hopefully something better. I see the press is touting Rooney for the Brum job, if it happened we would have to go begging to Eustace. Which I always thought was the plan anyway after Warbs. It hurts
Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 09:24 - Oct 9 with 8255 viewsdaveB

It was the worst home performance from team and manager I've ever seen and like everyone else on here have seen some right old crap over the years. That was awful though felt like a total humiliation. Just walked away from the stadium not knowing whether to be angry, if i should cry or laugh, I just felt awful for my son having to sit through it and can see in his eyes he doesn't want to go anymore.

This summer should have been a root and branch change at the club but we've sleep walked through that patting ourselves on the back for releasing Niko and replacing him with a lad from PSG via Barnsley who isn't actually any better.

Look at this amazing new goalkeeper we are lucky to have him, alright he can't kick a ball straight and he's let in 20 goals already but he won the league once sat on the bench watching another keeper do well.

I'd be making major changes at the moment. Manager has to go and is incredible he hasn't gone yet. You can't lose like that at home, they can't be stupid enough to waste this international break and hope it gets better

Hoos has to go, need a fresh set of eyes and a new voice in there, new DOF should have been in ages ago, 4 months since Les left, just pull your bloody finger out an appoint someone.

I just hope this is rock bottom but fear it could get even worse
Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 09:28 - Oct 9 with 8232 viewsted_hendrix

Never thought I'd say this but I'm sick to death of this club and the way It's being run Into the ground.
On one hand you have Ainsworth, a player whom I used to love watching him play In a Rangers shirt, but now I can't stand the sight of him or his bloody pathetic excuses and that bloody voice.
Does anybody remember the collection buckets In the lower loft concourse? or how about the old Rivals message board when us posters used to try and be the first to post when their respective new season tickets turned up, you couldn't wait for the season to start, now you can't wait for the bloody season to end.

Did anyone seriously expect us to beat Blackburn?

What the effing hell have these people done to our club?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 09:29 - Oct 9 with 8226 viewsessextaxiboy

A great report under duress , I witnessed your ranting on Sat . Noticed that you stopped short of saying he should go ?
Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 09:40 - Oct 9 with 8134 viewstraininvain

Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 09:24 - Oct 9 by daveB

It was the worst home performance from team and manager I've ever seen and like everyone else on here have seen some right old crap over the years. That was awful though felt like a total humiliation. Just walked away from the stadium not knowing whether to be angry, if i should cry or laugh, I just felt awful for my son having to sit through it and can see in his eyes he doesn't want to go anymore.

This summer should have been a root and branch change at the club but we've sleep walked through that patting ourselves on the back for releasing Niko and replacing him with a lad from PSG via Barnsley who isn't actually any better.

Look at this amazing new goalkeeper we are lucky to have him, alright he can't kick a ball straight and he's let in 20 goals already but he won the league once sat on the bench watching another keeper do well.

I'd be making major changes at the moment. Manager has to go and is incredible he hasn't gone yet. You can't lose like that at home, they can't be stupid enough to waste this international break and hope it gets better

Hoos has to go, need a fresh set of eyes and a new voice in there, new DOF should have been in ages ago, 4 months since Les left, just pull your bloody finger out an appoint someone.

Manager hasn’t gone because the bloke who appointed him is awol and the club isn’t being properly run.

I’ve been waiting since Saturday night to hear the news that Ainsworth’s gone but it seems the apathy in the stadium on Saturday goes all the way to the top of the club.
Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 09:59 - Oct 9 with 8019 viewsNorthernr

Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 09:29 - Oct 9 by essextaxiboy

A great report under duress , I witnessed your ranting on Sat . Noticed that you stopped short of saying he should go ?

Ahhh mate I'm sorry, I've tried to keep a lid on it this season but that second goal tipped me over the edge. Embarrassing.
Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 10:25 - Oct 9 with 7838 viewsterryb

Thanks Clive. It was even worse than the performance you had hinted at in the Crown! We peaked on 30 seconds!

The same formation as at Watford. The same "style" as at Watford. The same result as at Watford! Inexplicable. But not as much as being 4-0 down & waiting till 70 minutes to make a change! And that was a straight swop, as were all the other ones. Not once did we attempt to change the flow of the game by adopting different tactics. It was very close to being as bad as it was at Watford. I'm not sure why I thought it was slightly better though!

Tactics? I'm not sure that is a word that Ainsworth, Dobson & Hall know the definition of! Even at 3.00pm on Saturday, I thought that there were three teams worse than us in the division, by 5.00pm I was not sure there is one worse!

Perhaps we can't afford to change the manager, but unless we say goodbye to the three aforementioned gentlemen, relegation is a certainty. And possibly next season as well!
Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 10:25 - Oct 9 with 7839 viewsBlue_Castello

Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 09:59 - Oct 9 by Northernr

Ahhh mate I'm sorry, I've tried to keep a lid on it this season but that second goal tipped me over the edge. Embarrassing.

Don't apologise you were not alone, the air was blue around us on plenty of occasions, I'm with Daveb I've never seen a more gutless display and I've been going since 66.

So many things were wrong as you highlighted in your report, I said in the Summer we should get rid of all the second team players over 21 who have not yet broken into the first team and not just for football reasons we need to save money. I was truly amazed we gave McKenna another short term contract, that's the same player who was on loan at Orient last year and couldn't get in their team, he was way out of his depth against Blackburn.

What I'm hoping, madly, is that when our first choice players are fit we could try and play a 4-2-3-1 formation, it's a big risk after Saturday but we need to find a way to play some football and not just keep launching the ball towards Armstrong and Dykes.

What made me genuinely angry was the lack of tactics and substitutions, we were getting our arse spanked and I was expecting changes at half time, my brother wanted to leave after the 4th goal but I had to stay and see when he made his first sub, it was all mind blowingly stupid, we stayed until about the 87th minute, madness in itself.

I've been backing Ainsworth since day one, I think he's taken a lot of criticism some of it very harsh but that was the final straw, he very sadly has to go, it may just give us a chance of survival......
[Post edited 9 Oct 2023 10:36]
Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 10:25 - Oct 9 with 7830 viewsGaryBannister86

Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 09:24 - Oct 9 by daveB

Well said, Dave.

I totally agree too that this bizarre love of Begovic just because he once sat on the bench in the Premier League is ridiculous. I watched Seny over the weekend and remembered what a proper keeper looked like. Yes he makes saves, but is a dismal kicker and a QPR captain that is right back in the old Redknapp mercenary days. Joke. Would rather Joe Walsh in our net.
Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 10:26 - Oct 9 with 7824 viewsdaveB

Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 09:59 - Oct 9 by Northernr

it's a good job my son was with me as I didn't want to lose it in front of him, I would have gone berzerk without him
Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 10:42 - Oct 9 with 7733 viewsdaveB

Sorry rambling on now but when we saw the team sheet none of us could out what formation we'd be playing, I thought maybe Larkeshe or Paal at centre half in a back 3 with Duke Mckenna as wing back which sounded mad but less mad that what we actually did

you can be sure if Warnock takes over we know what he will do. He will put his arm around Willock and say you are playing every week for the next 10 games, go and show them what you can do. Team will be built with a solid back 6 and freedom for Willock and Chair to go and hurt teams not come back to get the back in their own half you want them on the ball in the final third. I'm not sure why we can't do that now but that ship seems to have sailed
Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 10:42 - Oct 9 with 7735 viewsthehat

Thanks Clive for managing to get a report out of that horror show. As always plenty of gems in there the best being:

"because if I’d have been able to get near any of them after that it would have been the bastard love child of John Sitton and Arthur Fowler handing them their dinner"......had me laughing over my cornflakes this morning - just what I needed.

I get the growing noise about sacking the manager but we are so skint this season I don't think the FFP headroom will allow us to pay off all their contacts and bring in someone else who lets face it will want a king's ransom to manage that rabble.

I think we are just going to have to all try and stick together and hope we can somehow get to fourth from bottom and go again next season without taking a points deduction for breaching FFP.

The most amazing thing in all of this is my 15 year old daughter still wants to go to WBA away in half term - She really does need to see the school psychiatrist.
Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 10:44 - Oct 9 with 7713 viewsParkRoyalR

I am hoping beyond hope Birmingham sack Eustace and we have the sense to go cap in hand to Warburton to come in as our DoF and Eustace to come in as our 1st Team Coach.

Andre Dozzell, you may as well accept you are starting with 10 men. Colback was trying to do it all in the first half, as bad as Dunne played, at least he tried to break the line and run with the ball - why can't Dozzell (or even Clarke Salter) do this? they meant to be the footballers in the team!

In the same way Kakay can't play in a 4 man defence, its looking like Clarke Salter can't either, as just saunters around leaving gaps everywhere, doing the bare minimum and barely giving a fxxk.

Can you imagine those two putting it in on the Training Ground?

Our only hope is changing the Manager, keeping Dozzell, Clarke Salter (and regretfully Kakay) out of the starting 11, getting Field, Cook and Colback fit and starting and getting a formation that can create some chances, eg 3 no 10's behind Dykes, probably Smyth on right, Chair in the middle and a half whatever Willock on the left.
Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 11:05 - Oct 9 with 7609 viewsThe_Beast1976

Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 09:40 - Oct 9 by traininvain

Manager hasn’t gone because the bloke who appointed him is awol and the club isn’t being properly run.

I’ve been waiting since Saturday night to hear the news that Ainsworth’s gone but it seems the apathy in the stadium on Saturday goes all the way to the top of the club.

"Manager hasn’t gone because the bloke who appointed him is awol and the club isn’t being properly run". I'd say that's pretty much bang on. They all need to go
Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 11:06 - Oct 9 with 7594 viewsAntti_Heinola

Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 10:44 - Oct 9 by ParkRoyalR

I am hoping beyond hope Birmingham sack Eustace and we have the sense to go cap in hand to Warburton to come in as our DoF and Eustace to come in as our 1st Team Coach.

Andre Dozzell, you may as well accept you are starting with 10 men. Colback was trying to do it all in the first half, as bad as Dunne played, at least he tried to break the line and run with the ball - why can't Dozzell (or even Clarke Salter) do this? they meant to be the footballers in the team!

In the same way Kakay can't play in a 4 man defence, its looking like Clarke Salter can't either, as just saunters around leaving gaps everywhere, doing the bare minimum and barely giving a fxxk.

Can you imagine those two putting it in on the Training Ground?

Our only hope is changing the Manager, keeping Dozzell, Clarke Salter (and regretfully Kakay) out of the starting 11, getting Field, Cook and Colback fit and starting and getting a formation that can create some chances, eg 3 no 10's behind Dykes, probably Smyth on right, Chair in the middle and a half whatever Willock on the left.

I thought Colback was worse than Dozzell personally.
Dunne I give a tiny, tiny bit of leeway as he hasn't played since halfway through pre-season.

A lot of anger on here, but I'm well past it. I was laughing on Saturday. Because after the anger, it's either laugh or cry.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024