Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Belgium v. Sweden abandoned after 2 Swedes shot dead in Brussels 22:04 - Oct 16 with 5119 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Goodness me. Suspected terrorist attack.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67050546
Belgium v. Sweden abandoned after 2 Swedes shot dead in Brussels on 22:16 - Oct 16 with 4524 viewsQPRConor2000

Person still on the run, theres even been videos of him on the outskirts of Brussels as well.

Also seen reports of a second attack on what appears to be a taxi.

Situation still very fluid at the time of replying to this.
Belgium v. Sweden abandoned after 2 Swedes shot dead in Brussels on 22:29 - Oct 16 with 4491 viewsloftboy

Religion of peace strikes again.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Belgium v. Sweden abandoned after 2 Swedes shot dead in Brussels on 22:50 - Oct 16 with 4428 viewsRangersw12

Belgium v. Sweden abandoned after 2 Swedes shot dead in Brussels on 22:29 - Oct 16 by loftboy

Helpful response
Belgium v. Sweden abandoned after 2 Swedes shot dead in Brussels on 22:59 - Oct 16 with 4392 viewsloftboy

Belgium v. Sweden abandoned after 2 Swedes shot dead in Brussels on 22:50 - Oct 16 by Rangersw12

Helpful response

Not wrong though.

Belgium v. Sweden abandoned after 2 Swedes shot dead in Brussels on 23:45 - Oct 16 with 4276 viewsBoston

How dreadful, you go for a jolly at a sporting event and some medieval minded maniac decides you're responsible for the criminal action of a psychopath five thousand miles away.
Breath in.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Belgium v. Sweden abandoned after 2 Swedes shot dead in Brussels on 23:46 - Oct 16 with 4283 viewsQPunkR

Belgium v. Sweden abandoned after 2 Swedes shot dead in Brussels on 22:16 - Oct 16 by QPRConor2000

Person still on the run, theres even been videos of him on the outskirts of Brussels as well.

Also seen reports of a second attack on what appears to be a taxi.

Situation still very fluid at the time of replying to this.

The attack was on two Sweden fans in a taxi, continued into a building after the taxi driver was injured (now in a stable condition, thankfully).

Suspect still at large nearly six hours later

QPR - "shit but local"

Belgium v. Sweden abandoned after 2 Swedes shot dead in Brussels on 07:56 - Oct 17 with 4069 viewsTheChef

Belgium v. Sweden abandoned after 2 Swedes shot dead in Brussels on 23:46 - Oct 16 by QPunkR

The attack was on two Sweden fans in a taxi, continued into a building after the taxi driver was injured (now in a stable condition, thankfully).

Suspect still at large nearly six hours later

Belgian police pretty impressive huh?

Oh well they got bored with the Covid script, back to the ISIS/"all Muslims are bad" fearmongering which they've dusted off.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Belgium v. Sweden abandoned after 2 Swedes shot dead in Brussels on 09:01 - Oct 17 with 3912 viewsQPunkR

The attacker has been found and killed by police 12 hours after the murders

QPR - "shit but local"

Login to get fewer ads

Belgium v. Sweden abandoned after 2 Swedes shot dead in Brussels on 09:18 - Oct 17 with 3864 viewsstowmarketrange

Belgium v. Sweden abandoned after 2 Swedes shot dead in Brussels on 09:01 - Oct 17 by QPunkR

The attacker has been found and killed by police 12 hours after the murders

I heard that he was only wounded and taken into custody.
Belgium v. Sweden abandoned after 2 Swedes shot dead in Brussels on 10:07 - Oct 17 with 3748 viewseasthertsr

Belgium v. Sweden abandoned after 2 Swedes shot dead in Brussels on 22:29 - Oct 16 by loftboy

Six year old Muslim boy has been stabbed to death in Chicago, designated by police as a suspected hate crime. Sorry, but all religions have militant fringes who believe the nonsense spouted by their leaders. The whole world would be better if they all disappeared.
Belgium v. Sweden abandoned after 2 Swedes shot dead in Brussels on 10:43 - Oct 17 with 3677 viewsQPunkR

Belgium v. Sweden abandoned after 2 Swedes shot dead in Brussels on 09:18 - Oct 17 by stowmarketrange

I heard that he was only wounded and taken into custody.

No, he was shot in the chest when they encountered him in a cafe and died in an ambulance on the way to the hospital

QPR - "shit but local"

Belgium v. Sweden abandoned after 2 Swedes shot dead in Brussels on 10:45 - Oct 17 with 3666 viewsQPunkR

Belgium v. Sweden abandoned after 2 Swedes shot dead in Brussels on 10:07 - Oct 17 by easthertsr

Six year old Muslim boy has been stabbed to death in Chicago, designated by police as a suspected hate crime. Sorry, but all religions have militant fringes who believe the nonsense spouted by their leaders. The whole world would be better if they all disappeared.

That was the excuse yesterday's attacker used, that what he did was in response to that. Fking cnts on all sides, wherever you look unfortunately

QPR - "shit but local"

Belgium v. Sweden abandoned after 2 Swedes shot dead in Brussels on 10:53 - Oct 17 with 3629 viewsstowmarketrange

Belgium v. Sweden abandoned after 2 Swedes shot dead in Brussels on 10:43 - Oct 17 by QPunkR

No, he was shot in the chest when they encountered him in a cafe and died in an ambulance on the way to the hospital

Ok.There is so much bad news on tv these days that it’s hard to keep up with it all.
Belgium v. Sweden abandoned after 2 Swedes shot dead in Brussels on 11:53 - Oct 17 with 3492 viewsloftboy

Belgium v. Sweden abandoned after 2 Swedes shot dead in Brussels on 10:07 - Oct 17 by easthertsr

Couldn’t agree more, by the time we are teenagers we know that the tooth fairy and Santa don’t exist, so why do grown adults still believe and worst of all follow the made up bullshit that was written centuries ago and designed solely to control the poor and make the leaders rich.

Belgium v. Sweden abandoned after 2 Swedes shot dead in Brussels on 13:05 - Oct 17 with 3337 viewsJuzzie

Belgium v. Sweden abandoned after 2 Swedes shot dead in Brussels on 11:53 - Oct 17 by loftboy

Couldn’t agree more, by the time we are teenagers we know that the tooth fairy and Santa don’t exist, so why do grown adults still believe and worst of all follow the made up bullshit that was written centuries ago and designed solely to control the poor and make the leaders rich.

People seem to love being 'offended' and want to then react to that be it attention seeking, taking out their frustrations, low self esteem, playing the victim and so on.

Religions then manipulate that.
Belgium v. Sweden abandoned after 2 Swedes shot dead in Brussels on 13:17 - Oct 17 with 3298 viewsDiddy

Belgium v. Sweden abandoned after 2 Swedes shot dead in Brussels on 11:53 - Oct 17 by loftboy

Totally agree, another case of 'my imaginary god is better than your imaginary god'.
Belgium v. Sweden abandoned after 2 Swedes shot dead in Brussels on 13:29 - Oct 17 with 3228 viewsR_from_afar

Billions of people manage to practise their faith peacefully and abhor and utterly reject extremist behaviour.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Belgium v. Sweden abandoned after 2 Swedes shot dead in Brussels on 13:57 - Oct 17 with 3154 viewseasthertsr

Belgium v. Sweden abandoned after 2 Swedes shot dead in Brussels on 13:29 - Oct 17 by R_from_afar

Billions of people manage to practise their faith peacefully and abhor and utterly reject extremist behaviour.

Of course they do and they wish people no harm whatsoever. But look around the world today and look back in history, can you honestly say religion has been a force for good in the world? It's existence is only maintained by followers inculcating their children at a very young age, hardly anyone chooses which religion they believe in, it's drummed into them. The opposition to LGBT people, contraception and abortion is all centered on religious thinking. The religions amass huge wealth and power to the detrement of the poor. The adherence to centuries old, ignorant beliefs holds people back from making informed choices about their lives, it's time to reject these primitive beliefs.
Belgium v. Sweden abandoned after 2 Swedes shot dead in Brussels on 14:58 - Oct 17 with 3020 viewsR_from_afar

Belgium v. Sweden abandoned after 2 Swedes shot dead in Brussels on 13:57 - Oct 17 by easthertsr

Of course they do and they wish people no harm whatsoever. But look around the world today and look back in history, can you honestly say religion has been a force for good in the world? It's existence is only maintained by followers inculcating their children at a very young age, hardly anyone chooses which religion they believe in, it's drummed into them. The opposition to LGBT people, contraception and abortion is all centered on religious thinking. The religions amass huge wealth and power to the detrement of the poor. The adherence to centuries old, ignorant beliefs holds people back from making informed choices about their lives, it's time to reject these primitive beliefs.

It's wrong to force anyone to "believe" anything but thankfully, most people get to a stage in their lives where no one is able to force them to believe and do anything, yet many still stick to their beliefs even when they have that freedom of choice. They make the informed choice to continue with their faith, without being coerced to do so.

I freely acknowledge that a lot of evil has been done in the name of religion and that disgusts me, but I wish you and the others could see the good that religion can do. I have seen my religion be a force for good, even at a local level. Housing the homeless, building facilities for recovering drug addicts, even when the two churches in question were strapped for cash and reliant on fund raising to fix their - cliche alert - broken roofs.

I'll say here that it is wrong for religious authorities to hoard wealth and I'll freely admit that has happened. They are not alone in doing this, though: Corporations and ruling classes and royal families also do it. Apple has $115bn squirreled away in tax havens but everyone seems to think they're hip and cool. The fact that other organisations do it does not make it right, of course.

You need to bear in mind that not all sects and religious organisations are fundamentalists and/or extremists. Many religious people have moderate or even liberal views. I believe in the coexistence of religions and those without religion and have never tried to indoctrinate anyone. There has never been a time when everyone on this earth has had the same beliefs and thought the same way and nor will there ever be. We need to recognise that and abandon the idea of a single way of thinking. It won't happen, we need to coexist to survive and avoid repeating the mistakes of the past.

If you don't adhere to these "ignorant" and "primitive" beliefs, fine, no one should be forced to believe anything, as I said earlier, but when you write that "it's time to reject these primitive beliefs," you are getting close to the controlling behaviour you yourself railed at previously. Why can't you just ignore those people and leave them to believe what they want to, without trying to change them?

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Belgium v. Sweden abandoned after 2 Swedes shot dead in Brussels on 15:05 - Oct 17 with 3012 viewsBoston

Belgium v. Sweden abandoned after 2 Swedes shot dead in Brussels on 13:57 - Oct 17 by easthertsr

...'fck off eastherts, Christmas Day is ours'🍗🥃
[Post edited 17 Oct 2023 15:06]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Belgium v. Sweden abandoned after 2 Swedes shot dead in Brussels on 16:07 - Oct 17 with 2919 viewsPaddyhoops

Great post . I’m a non practicing catholic married to a non practicing Church of England woman.
In my opinion every religion is probably 99 % balderdash.
However everyone should reserve the right to practice whatever religion they want.Sadly it has crossed the line with horrendous consequences.
The current situation in the Middle East has been festering for years a a result of decisions made back in the forties.
Ireland as result of decisions made hundreds of years ago.
The idea that it’s all about religion is a little wide of the mark.
World war 1 was about territory and world 2 about an ideology .
There is no end in site to this merry go round of hatred and bile and let’s hope all the other wars don’t end up joining hands, else we’ve really had it.
Belgium v. Sweden abandoned after 2 Swedes shot dead in Brussels on 16:40 - Oct 17 with 2854 viewsstevec

Indeed, but sadly religion would only be replaced by something else, global warming for instance. Although, to be fair, at least the global warmist’s haven’t started butchering non believers.

Yet.
Belgium v. Sweden abandoned after 2 Swedes shot dead in Brussels on 17:07 - Oct 17 with 2798 viewsdontknowitall

Belgium v. Sweden abandoned after 2 Swedes shot dead in Brussels on 14:58 - Oct 17 by R_from_afar

It's wrong to force anyone to "believe" anything but thankfully, most people get to a stage in their lives where no one is able to force them to believe and do anything, yet many still stick to their beliefs even when they have that freedom of choice. They make the informed choice to continue with their faith, without being coerced to do so.

I freely acknowledge that a lot of evil has been done in the name of religion and that disgusts me, but I wish you and the others could see the good that religion can do. I have seen my religion be a force for good, even at a local level. Housing the homeless, building facilities for recovering drug addicts, even when the two churches in question were strapped for cash and reliant on fund raising to fix their - cliche alert - broken roofs.

I'll say here that it is wrong for religious authorities to hoard wealth and I'll freely admit that has happened. They are not alone in doing this, though: Corporations and ruling classes and royal families also do it. Apple has $115bn squirreled away in tax havens but everyone seems to think they're hip and cool. The fact that other organisations do it does not make it right, of course.

You need to bear in mind that not all sects and religious organisations are fundamentalists and/or extremists. Many religious people have moderate or even liberal views. I believe in the coexistence of religions and those without religion and have never tried to indoctrinate anyone. There has never been a time when everyone on this earth has had the same beliefs and thought the same way and nor will there ever be. We need to recognise that and abandon the idea of a single way of thinking. It won't happen, we need to coexist to survive and avoid repeating the mistakes of the past.

If you don't adhere to these "ignorant" and "primitive" beliefs, fine, no one should be forced to believe anything, as I said earlier, but when you write that "it's time to reject these primitive beliefs," you are getting close to the controlling behaviour you yourself railed at previously. Why can't you just ignore those people and leave them to believe what they want to, without trying to change them?

Whilst I broadly agree with what you are saying the line when, '"most people get to a stage in their lives where no one is able to force them to believe and do anything" it is sometimes/often not that easy to escape from what they have been brainwashed/indoctrinated with every day of their lives up until that point.

I should know because having been brought up in that situation when I reached the age of 17 I ran away from home (in 1984...) not because I suddenly decided not to believe what I had been force-fed with for 17 years, but because I wanted to have a foray into the big wide world (football, girls, travel, alcohol etc) before returning to the fold and settling down.

I was very lucky really because once 'out' it slowly dawned on me that it maybe wasn't actually the only 'right' place to be in the whole wide world, but actually a highly controlled, oppressive and misogynistic environment where money was really the true God. Most believers of that particular 'religion' do not make the same choice that I made and once married with kids etc it is a lot harder choice to make.

All my family/relatives are still 'in' which is maybe not a bad thing because I am not sure how they would cope out here in the real world, especially if they chose to follow my lead in choice of football club....
Belgium v. Sweden abandoned after 2 Swedes shot dead in Brussels on 20:11 - Oct 17 with 2652 viewseasthertsr

Belgium v. Sweden abandoned after 2 Swedes shot dead in Brussels on 17:07 - Oct 17 by dontknowitall

Whilst I broadly agree with what you are saying the line when, '"most people get to a stage in their lives where no one is able to force them to believe and do anything" it is sometimes/often not that easy to escape from what they have been brainwashed/indoctrinated with every day of their lives up until that point.

I should know because having been brought up in that situation when I reached the age of 17 I ran away from home (in 1984...) not because I suddenly decided not to believe what I had been force-fed with for 17 years, but because I wanted to have a foray into the big wide world (football, girls, travel, alcohol etc) before returning to the fold and settling down.

I was very lucky really because once 'out' it slowly dawned on me that it maybe wasn't actually the only 'right' place to be in the whole wide world, but actually a highly controlled, oppressive and misogynistic environment where money was really the true God. Most believers of that particular 'religion' do not make the same choice that I made and once married with kids etc it is a lot harder choice to make.

All my family/relatives are still 'in' which is maybe not a bad thing because I am not sure how they would cope out here in the real world, especially if they chose to follow my lead in choice of football club....

The whole world is riven by discord caused by religion. Killings, hatred and emnity that is centuries old. When will we grow up and take a realistic stance on how to get along'? It's s so depressing!
[Post edited 17 Oct 2023 20:15]
Belgium v. Sweden abandoned after 2 Swedes shot dead in Brussels on 21:23 - Oct 17 with 2589 viewswesty

Bollx to all the religious nonsense and beliefs. That’s a very personal and dangerous path to voice. All I can say is I’m glad the police blew the cnt away
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024