Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! 18:53 - Nov 3 with 20409 viewssilky

Anybody connected to him know how's he's doing? In all the managers we've had this one feels so personal.
Absolutely the right decision to let him and Dobbo go regardless of what happens now but genuinely been thinking about how he must be feeling and the state of his mental health.

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 13:36 - Apr 28 with 2000 viewskensalriser

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 10:26 - Apr 28 by connell10

Agree, great bloke but wasn't the right appointment. I blame who ever hired him. But now we move on.

One of the worst managerial appointments in our history. The wrong man at the wrong time, called as such by plenty at the time it was so obvious. That said I wish nothing but the best for Gaz.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 16:39 - Apr 28 with 1739 viewsNorthantsHoop

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 13:36 - Apr 28 by kensalriser

One of the worst managerial appointments in our history. The wrong man at the wrong time, called as such by plenty at the time it was so obvious. That said I wish nothing but the best for Gaz.

Money aside etc, it must have been a real body blow to him how it turned out at Rangers, he just was not good enough to manage a team at this level. Wish him well for the future but we had a lucky escape if we had kept him a few games more we would have been playing League 1 football next season.
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 18:22 - Apr 28 with 1546 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 16:39 - Apr 28 by NorthantsHoop

Money aside etc, it must have been a real body blow to him how it turned out at Rangers, he just was not good enough to manage a team at this level. Wish him well for the future but we had a lucky escape if we had kept him a few games more we would have been playing League 1 football next season.

Only for a few incredible wins we would have been down last summer but only for Marti came along we would have been gone months ago IMO.
The big question is coming up in a few weeks when clubs chop and change and thats where will GA end up if anywhere .
Is he going back to his safe place (Wycombe ) another League 1 team or further down the table .
Only then will we really know how bad his QPR reign was viewed by people who make decisions in football.
Maybe he was in Loftus Road Friday (i hope he was )and I am certain he would be thrilled these players stayed in this division but only because Marti and his superb side kick Calm showed up
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 19:16 - Apr 28 with 1469 viewsmart_Goblin

Hopefully his stint as coach will be assigned to history and he will be welcomed back by everybody soon enough. He was such a great player for where we were at the time I think he deserves that.
Les too in my humble opinion .

But the club has to learn from that appointment.
Passion and enthusiasm isn’t enough to be successful .

The ultimate proof of that are the stats regarding the back 4 before and after GA with exactly the same players . Only Anderson was a regular starter of the additions made in January to the team as a whole.
It was the exact same players that MC performed miracles with.

Ultimately the fact that under GA (and a little under Critchley admittedly) Dunne and Dickie had major footballing breakdowns, but then went on to both win awards this season is a sorry indictment of GA as a coach . No ill will . Just not anywhere near good enough.

Hopefully lessons have been learned
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 20:04 - Apr 28 with 1413 viewsGus_iom

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 19:16 - Apr 28 by mart_Goblin

Hopefully his stint as coach will be assigned to history and he will be welcomed back by everybody soon enough. He was such a great player for where we were at the time I think he deserves that.

The ultimate proof of that are the stats regarding the back 4 before and after GA with exactly the same players . Only Anderson was a regular starter of the additions made in January to the team as a whole.

Ultimately the fact that under GA (and a little under Critchley admittedly) Dunne and Dickie had major footballing breakdowns, but then went on to both win awards this season is a sorry indictment of GA as a coach . No ill will . Just not anywhere near good enough.

I'm quite sanguine about it now - if we hadn't got GA in, we probably wouldn't have ended up with Marti.
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 20:06 - Apr 28 with 1399 viewsmart_Goblin

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 20:04 - Apr 28 by Gus_iom

I'm quite sanguine about it now - if we hadn't got GA in, we probably wouldn't have ended up with Marti.

Fair comment
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 21:01 - Apr 28 with 1288 viewsWatfordR

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 19:16 - Apr 28 by mart_Goblin

I think that's a pretty decent view of things, but be in no doubt it's one that any of us could only take now we have survived this season. If we'd been relegated, I fear the effect at the club would have been catastrophic, and no one would have been quite so sanguine.

The depth of the trouble we were in is illustrated by the fact that although MC had us achieving form and results of a top eight team, it took until game 45 to confirm our survival.

The fans may now treat GA with whatever respect they wish for his time as a player, and I have no problem if they want to forget about his stint as manager. But the people running the club should never ever be allowed to forget not only the impact of his appointment, but the process of managerial appointments last season.

Beale being allowed to dictate to the club who stayed and who went should never have happened. Critchley's appointment was not only the wrong man at the wrong time, but took a sodding eternity to confirm during the time where we had a midseason break for World Cup, so we had been afforded a decent amount of time to get it right. Stunk of complacency. And having been interviewed and turned down (so I believe) prior to Beale and Critchley, Ainsworth's appointment simply should never have happened. I remember someone asking whether GA was interviewed prior to Critchley, and being told by the guy at WLS that yes he had, but there was as much chance of him getting the job as you or I. Bad decision upon worse decision upon "Push the f@rking red button" decision.

Make absolutely no doubt that we got away with it big big time this season. There is no place for complacency, or confused and indecisive management at any successful business. We've been given a massive chance to start putting in place the building blocks to get it right going forward, particularly if we get an Eze dividend. The support appears to be growing, and youngsters are beginning to join the fanbase. This is a moment of big opportunity for us, and we must take advantage to show lessons have been learned, and to make the club "better" in every single way.
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 17:36 - Apr 29 with 938 viewsE15Hoop

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 21:01 - Apr 28 by WatfordR

I think that's a pretty decent view of things, but be in no doubt it's one that any of us could only take now we have survived this season. If we'd been relegated, I fear the effect at the club would have been catastrophic, and no one would have been quite so sanguine.

The depth of the trouble we were in is illustrated by the fact that although MC had us achieving form and results of a top eight team, it took until game 45 to confirm our survival.

The fans may now treat GA with whatever respect they wish for his time as a player, and I have no problem if they want to forget about his stint as manager. But the people running the club should never ever be allowed to forget not only the impact of his appointment, but the process of managerial appointments last season.

Beale being allowed to dictate to the club who stayed and who went should never have happened. Critchley's appointment was not only the wrong man at the wrong time, but took a sodding eternity to confirm during the time where we had a midseason break for World Cup, so we had been afforded a decent amount of time to get it right. Stunk of complacency. And having been interviewed and turned down (so I believe) prior to Beale and Critchley, Ainsworth's appointment simply should never have happened. I remember someone asking whether GA was interviewed prior to Critchley, and being told by the guy at WLS that yes he had, but there was as much chance of him getting the job as you or I. Bad decision upon worse decision upon "Push the f@rking red button" decision.

Make absolutely no doubt that we got away with it big big time this season. There is no place for complacency, or confused and indecisive management at any successful business. We've been given a massive chance to start putting in place the building blocks to get it right going forward, particularly if we get an Eze dividend. The support appears to be growing, and youngsters are beginning to join the fanbase. This is a moment of big opportunity for us, and we must take advantage to show lessons have been learned, and to make the club "better" in every single way.

As referenced on another thread, the guy lost his job in October, two senior executives responsible for his appointment fell on their sword shortly afterwards and we have a new CEO in place who was directly responsible for recommending Marti Cifuentes to the board originally, and was instrumental in his appointment this time around.

I think you can safely relax now - I would respectfully suggest that the powers at be aren't in need of having the various charts shoved down their throat that you were keen to do earlier this weekend.
Login to get fewer ads

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 22:30 - Apr 29 with 584 viewsT_Block

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 20:30 - Nov 3 by Northernr

It's a lovely sentiment, and I worried about him too watching his interviews. It was his dream job, he wanted it for ten years, he left the safest job in football to get it, he loves QPR and he's a decent guy. So many of the problems were ones he inherited, and could do nothing about. We're borderline unmanageable.

So it's hard not to have your heart break for him. But, here, let me have a go...

He could have resigned, saved the club some money.

He was earning six figures to do the job, and it's only football, it's not like he was in charge of an oil rig or a power plant or a bridge that blew up and people died.

What about the people who are spending their money in an economic crisis following a team around that's basically lost 50 of its last 90 games? How's their mental health?

Sorry, but after the efforts and expense we went through to get to Leeds and Huddersfield, and what we were rewarded with when we got there, I'm struggling to sympathise too much with somebody who's probably just pocketed a pay off it would take me years to earn.

Fair point Clive,but it isn't because he didn't care.He does.He was just not upto the the job.Alittle understanding is due.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024