Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky ( the entertainment at Preston) 22:58 - Dec 1 with 14390 viewsextratimeR

Sky Cretin " I can't believe they put Chair on the bench?"

Sky Commentator " They've had three games in six days"
Sky ( the entertainment at Preston) on 23:02 - Dec 1 with 9610 viewsted_hendrix

Amateurs.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Sky ( the entertainment at Preston) on 23:04 - Dec 1 with 9560 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Also the same conversation at the end by Nugent and Morrison (I had to google his name just now).

Unbelievable, really, that they just presumed he was dropped and not rested and/or rotated. They didn't even mention that it might be a possibility.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sky ( the entertainment at Preston) on 23:18 - Dec 1 with 9477 viewsnix

The commentary team and the pundits were just dreadful. If stating the obvious and avoiding any insight was a form of literature they'd be winning the Nobel Prize.

Thank goodness I have Andy Sinton on audio to salve my nerves.
Sky ( the entertainment at Preston) on 23:22 - Dec 1 with 9418 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I was a bit surprised by the lack of balance in the studio. Preston was represented by Nugent, where was QPR's representative? Mackie should've been there instead of Morrison.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2023 23:23]
Sky ( the entertainment at Preston) on 23:29 - Dec 1 with 9365 viewsLblock

I never knew Nugent liked a bit of E

Wherever he got that half from I’d stay in touch

Good gear

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Sky ( the entertainment at Preston) on 23:36 - Dec 1 with 9303 viewsBenny_the_Ball

When's the last time we won a Friday night fixture on Sky?
Sky ( the entertainment at Preston) on 23:58 - Dec 1 with 9213 viewsextratimeR

It's amusing that the Sky Match Commentator tried to portray our Manager as being
reluctant to play tonight, when all he said was that he had spoken with the Ref after their pitch inspection and although it wasn't great it was unlikely to deteriate any further, ( to me it looked as if the pitch areas that were in permanent shade had frozen over) do Preston have underspil heating?

Sky match Commentator also blamed players for choosing wrong studs? Really?
Parts of pitch visibly "soggy" where surface frost had melted and Centre of pitch looked frozen solid.
Sky ( the entertainment at Preston) on 01:38 - Dec 2 with 9031 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Sky ( the entertainment at Preston) on 23:58 - Dec 1 by extratimeR

It's amusing that the Sky Match Commentator tried to portray our Manager as being
reluctant to play tonight, when all he said was that he had spoken with the Ref after their pitch inspection and although it wasn't great it was unlikely to deteriate any further, ( to me it looked as if the pitch areas that were in permanent shade had frozen over) do Preston have underspil heating?

Parts of pitch visibly "soggy" where surface frost had melted and Centre of pitch looked frozen solid.

Yeah....definitely frozen in places, didn't see anything wrong with what Marti said, just being observant and honest, really as usual, sky just finding anything to hang on with there negative and sloppy servings
Login to get fewer ads

Sky ( the entertainment at Preston) on 01:40 - Dec 2 with 9024 viewsThe_Beast1976

Sky ( the entertainment at Preston) on 23:58 - Dec 1 by extratimeR

The commentators were terrible, particularly the female - how on earth did she get a job??!! I guess being a female gets you into any job you like these days
Sky ( the entertainment at Preston) on 01:46 - Dec 2 with 9004 viewsnumptydumpty

Sky ( the entertainment at Preston) on 01:40 - Dec 2 by The_Beast1976

The commentators were terrible, particularly the female - how on earth did she get a job??!! I guess being a female gets you into any job you like these days

The first half. The female commentator said Preston were dominating

It was a total non event.

Cant remember anything of note apart from Dykes with a forearm smash !

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Sky ( the entertainment at Preston) on 03:41 - Dec 2 with 8881 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Sky ( the entertainment at Preston) on 01:46 - Dec 2 by numptydumpty

The first half. The female commentator said Preston were dominating

It was a total non event.

Cant remember anything of note apart from Dykes with a forearm smash !

That caught my attention, too. Granted, Preston had a lot of possession in the first half but they rarely threatened in the final third and we were reasonably comfortable. I can only recall a tame Evans shot from outside the area that dribbled through to Begovic.
Sky ( the entertainment at Preston) on 08:15 - Dec 2 with 8608 viewsNikLeSaux

Sky ( the entertainment at Preston) on 01:40 - Dec 2 by The_Beast1976

Yes, I’m sure the 229 male CEOs in the top 250 FTSE companies agree!
Sky ( the entertainment at Preston) on 08:55 - Dec 2 with 8407 viewsgazza1

Sky ( the entertainment at Preston) on 08:15 - Dec 2 by NikLeSaux

Yes, I’m sure the 229 male CEOs in the top 250 FTSE companies agree!

Oh dear!!!!
Sky ( the entertainment at Preston) on 09:48 - Dec 2 with 8243 viewsterryb

Were they really that bad?

Apart from stating that Preston dominated the first half more than once, did she get much wrong? I recall early on her saying that Rangers look comfortable on the ball, but need to move it quicker. How many of us have been saying the same?

I would say that she then called the second half exactly as we would. Rangers passing the ball quicker & with more accuracy, plus playing balls into the penalty area.

Of course, she was fixated with the pocession stats in the first half, but was a hell of an improvement on most of Sky's Championship personnel IMO.
Sky ( the entertainment at Preston) on 09:59 - Dec 2 with 8180 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sky ( the entertainment at Preston) on 09:48 - Dec 2 by terryb

Apart from stating that Preston dominated the first half more than once, did she get much wrong? I recall early on her saying that Rangers look comfortable on the ball, but need to move it quicker. How many of us have been saying the same?

I would say that she then called the second half exactly as we would. Rangers passing the ball quicker & with more accuracy, plus playing balls into the penalty area.

Of course, she was fixated with the pocession stats in the first half, but was a hell of an improvement on most of Sky's Championship personnel IMO.

Yeah, I don’t it get it either.

I didn’t disagree with a single thing she said.
Sky ( the entertainment at Preston) on 10:01 - Dec 2 with 8168 viewsWatford_Ranger

I guess you have to give people a chance somewhere and a Friday night game watched by exactly zero people who don’t support Preston or QPR is about as low key as it gets but yeah she was awful.

But she’s probably had years and years of local media, covering crap games, gradually working her way up and probably discriminated against at some point to get there. Rather that than some ex-footballer rolling out cliches who hasn’t heard of half the players and clearly done zero research.
Sky ( the entertainment at Preston) on 10:04 - Dec 2 with 8140 viewsdaveB

Sky ( the entertainment at Preston) on 23:36 - Dec 1 by Benny_the_Ball

When's the last time we won a Friday night fixture on Sky?

Reading last year

Last time we won away on a friday on Sky was 2011 at reading under Warnock
[Post edited 2 Dec 2023 10:05]
Sky ( the entertainment at Preston) on 20:39 - Dec 2 with 7753 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Sky ( the entertainment at Preston) on 09:59 - Dec 2 by BazzaInTheLoft

Yeah, I don’t it get it either.

I didn’t disagree with a single thing she said.

How predictable.
Sky ( the entertainment at Preston) on 20:40 - Dec 2 with 7751 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Sky ( the entertainment at Preston) on 10:04 - Dec 2 by daveB

Reading last year

Last time we won away on a friday on Sky was 2011 at reading under Warnock
[Post edited 2 Dec 2023 10:05]

Thanks.
Sky ( the entertainment at Preston) on 21:49 - Dec 2 with 7601 viewsloftupper

seems to be a current trend of the anti-woke brigade to knock female commentators. Sure Sunak will be leading the charge in the hope of attracting a couple more votes
Sky ( the entertainment at Preston) on 22:28 - Dec 2 with 7500 viewsMrSheen

I’m away so missed the game but did we get a reminder of where to go for guano solutions?
Sky ( the entertainment at Preston) on 08:17 - Dec 3 with 7318 viewsSpaceman_P

It was so cold, that not only were hands blue, but the lines turned blue too.
Sky ( the entertainment at Preston) on 09:16 - Dec 3 with 7235 viewsQPR_Jim

Sky ( the entertainment at Preston) on 09:48 - Dec 2 by terryb

Early in the second half there were 3 stats (Passes Completed, Possession and something else) for the first half shown on the screen all heavily in Preston's favour, so I don't think it's untrue to say they dominated the first half. You can dominate a game of football without creating chances which is essentially what they said as well, so I'm not sure what the issue is.
Sky ( the entertainment at Preston) on 09:33 - Dec 3 with 7171 viewsWatford_Ranger

Sky ( the entertainment at Preston) on 21:49 - Dec 2 by loftupper

seems to be a current trend of the anti-woke brigade to knock female commentators. Sure Sunak will be leading the charge in the hope of attracting a couple more votes

I’d like to think I’m relatively “woke” and just think the vast majority of them aren’t very good. I don’t want Garry Birtles chatting bollocks either. Ultimately it’s pretty irrelevant but would be nice to have a commentator give me some insight I can’t work out by myself.

I think it’s possible to not be a raging misogynist and prefer how Soccer Saturday used to be.
Sky ( the entertainment at Preston) on 09:36 - Dec 3 with 7159 viewsPaddyhoops

For any live football I stick it on just before kick off . Cup of tea at half time and turn it off at full time . Not remotely interested in the banal bolox these pundits talk . Be it male or female.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024