Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Things to love about Marti 10:57 - Dec 2 with 10018 viewsbellomatic

1. He can win without flogging our players to death. Amazing to get a win where we rested our best player for 45 mins, and we haven’t racked up exhaustion debt that means we’ll lose the next three.

2. Substitutions that work. What a delight to have two games where our manager out thinks his opposite number. Can’t remember the last time that happened at QPR.

3. Making the squad deeper. Bring new players through and suddenly the squad doesn’t feel quite so thin.

4. What a way with language. ‘Achieving not deserving’ is a great phrase. (Would be interested to know if it a translation from a phrase in Spanish or Swedish.)

Two swallows don’t make a summer and all that, but let’s savour the good times while they last…

Things to love about Marti on 11:00 - Dec 2 with 7119 viewsBoston

Reasons to be cheerful, are three...points.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Things to love about Marti on 11:07 - Dec 2 with 7080 viewsE15Hoop

"Achieving not deserving" sounds like a phrase straight out of the Barcleona FC school of footballing philosphy, of which Senor Cifuentes is a proud student.

Sounds exactly like something Senor Guardiola would say, and in the wake of mourning the loss of our own significant contributor to this philosphy, Senor El Tel, long may it continue...Ole!
Things to love about Marti on 11:09 - Dec 2 with 7063 viewsAntti_Heinola

Love how he doesn’t get too disheartened by defeat or too carried away by a win. He was pleased but cautious with both wins this week, pointing out immediately where things needed improving while still praising players. Talk all you want about team spirit, but a lot of it comes from actually winning games.
I said when we went for Critch that if we believed MC was the man we should have found a way to pay for him because anything else is a false economy. Very early days but seems like 2 huge, very expensive mistakes made.

Bare bones.

Things to love about Marti on 11:21 - Dec 2 with 7005 viewsdmm

Heartily agree with the OP point 2. Cifuentes' game management so far is excellent. The changes he made for last night's second half were exceptional.
Things to love about Marti on 12:17 - Dec 2 with 6896 viewshighleverhoopL

Unlike Warburton, he isnt moaning about the quality of the young players, he is making the best of what he's got, even Kelman is getting a few minutes. Sensible as injuries might one day mean him having to start a vital game...
Things to love about Marti on 12:38 - Dec 2 with 6810 viewstraininvain

Marti seems to have instilled some much needed confidence into the players in a very short space of time. He reminds me of Beale but without the bullsh1t. Probably could’ve done with him coming in this time last year but that’s in the past.

Obviously helps when you get our best attackers on the pitch at the same time and play to their strengths.
Things to love about Marti on 12:46 - Dec 2 with 6774 viewsbaz_qpr

Tactically very astute.

Has us pressing in packs even the draws or the loss the opposition fans have been saying how poor their own side was, that was because we made them look so

Has got us in the last couple of games overloading the box.

Calls it as it is, ("Our set pieces today were very poor")

Emphasis on team not individual players

Best managerial start since Warnock according to Jack Supple

There are going to be bad times games that dont go well, bad runs etc when teams work us out, but I think this is a guy who is going to be a top top manager
Things to love about Marti on 14:17 - Dec 2 with 6532 viewscolinallcars

It's a nice phrase. You often find such with people whose first language isn't English. One fine example was Joseph Conrad.
Login to get fewer ads

Things to love about Marti on 14:33 - Dec 2 with 6493 viewsAntti_Heinola

Things to love about Marti on 12:17 - Dec 2 by highleverhoopL

Unlike Warburton, he isnt moaning about the quality of the young players, he is making the best of what he's got, even Kelman is getting a few minutes. Sensible as injuries might one day mean him having to start a vital game...

Warbs never moaned about the quality of the youth.
He might have behind the scenes expressed a view they weren't up to snuff (and none from that generation have made it), but he was not a moaner about anything.

Bare bones.

Things to love about Marti on 14:45 - Dec 2 with 6426 viewsNorthantsHoop

I felt the other night at Loftus Road against Stoke this was going to be the game changer if we got a positive result and we did. Cifuentes has been taking and making key tactical changes at the right times in the short time he has been in charge. The team has woken up and again 2nd half last night Marti got the changes just right. We now need to capitalise on the renewed energy and take maximum points from the next 2 home matches.
Things to love about Marti on 14:46 - Dec 2 with 6418 viewsterryb

Things to love about Marti on 14:33 - Dec 2 by Antti_Heinola

Warbs never moaned about the quality of the youth.
He might have behind the scenes expressed a view they weren't up to snuff (and none from that generation have made it), but he was not a moaner about anything.

He might not have moaned about the quality of the youth Antti, but he kept them as far away from the first team as possible.

He definitely was a moaner though! His attitude, speech & body language to the restart after lockdown was a continuous moan. I still think it was the main reason to our poor form at the end of that season.
Things to love about Marti on 14:54 - Dec 2 with 6383 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

He impacts the game. His substitutions have been top top draw, not only change of personal, but also switches in tactics/formations.
I've not seen a manager at QPR do that before (to young for El Tel).
Early days, but Marti looks and feels like the real deal.
Things to love about Marti on 17:15 - Dec 2 with 6097 viewsstainrods_elbow

Things to love about Marti on 12:38 - Dec 2 by traininvain

Marti seems to have instilled some much needed confidence into the players in a very short space of time. He reminds me of Beale but without the bullsh1t. Probably could’ve done with him coming in this time last year but that’s in the past.

Obviously helps when you get our best attackers on the pitch at the same time and play to their strengths.

When you take the bullshit out of Beale, what are you left with again?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Things to love about Marti on 17:23 - Dec 2 with 6085 viewsParkRoyalR

Things to love about Marti on 17:15 - Dec 2 by stainrods_elbow

When you take the bullshit out of Beale, what are you left with again?

In the case of Glasgow Rangers,

Half a dozen duds costing in excess of £20 million+ and millions on wages, increasing an already inflated wage bill to the highest in Scotland, reportedly £ 60m+

Beale, according to Rangers fans, has caused long-term financial damage it could take 2 or 3 seasons to repair,

We dodged a massive bullet with that clown, who had the front to turn-up to the Stoke game on Tuesday with Neil Banfield - that bloke's got some brass neck on him!
Things to love about Marti on 17:31 - Dec 2 with 6053 viewsjohnhoop

Things to love about Marti on 17:23 - Dec 2 by ParkRoyalR

In the case of Glasgow Rangers,

Half a dozen duds costing in excess of £20 million+ and millions on wages, increasing an already inflated wage bill to the highest in Scotland, reportedly £ 60m+

Beale, according to Rangers fans, has caused long-term financial damage it could take 2 or 3 seasons to repair,

We dodged a massive bullet with that clown, who had the front to turn-up to the Stoke game on Tuesday with Neil Banfield - that bloke's got some brass neck on him!

Pity the crowd weren’t aware of that so that we could have let him know exactly what we think of him.
Things to love about Marti on 17:31 - Dec 2 with 6048 viewsdenhamhoop2

He reminds me quite a bit of Luigi Di Canio came into a chaotic situation replacing an old QPR favourite very much of the old school English style of football and manager. Within a very short period of time able to add a structure and a way of playing that was like a breath of fresh air from what had gone before.
Speaks brilliantly in a language that is not his own and for me the main thing was after his first game a 1 1 draw away at Relegation Rivals most managers would be satisfied but you could see he was not happy. He wants to win games not just not lose games and that philosophy will always get my backing in footballing terms we are a nobody so why not be entertaining nobodies
Things to love about Marti on 17:33 - Dec 2 with 6042 viewsNorthernr

I have to say, as you could probably tell from the preview, I was a bit worried going into last night. I was really encouraged by what I saw at Rotherham but Bristl City wasn't as good, Norwich was worse, and for 79 minutes against Stoke I thought we were terrible (all relative of course, it was all 1000x better than what was going on before).

I genuinely expected us to do two very QPR things: brief little cough into some semblance of life for a new manager, a win which everybody loses their damn minds over when we got every bounce of every ball and referee decision and still nearly lost; go to the north on a cold friday TV game, play abysmally, lose.

Well, what a fcking glorious surprise. That second half performance last night was proper. We play like that we'll be fine. It's the first time for a year I've been even remotely optimistic about us. I'm not surprised we look better for Cannon and JCS being In there I said that would happen, but I love the high pack press, the three or four men crowding the ball as soon as we give it away, PNE hardly got near our box never mind our goal. And I love that we're getting into their box, getting men into their box, getting chances - 6 goals in two games, FROM THIS TEAM?!

I'm staggered TBH. And ecstatic. A brilliant start to the job by Cifuentes. It was a superb night last night in that away end. I actually enjoyed watching us.
Things to love about Marti on 17:38 - Dec 2 with 6025 viewsAndybrat

Things to love about Marti on 17:33 - Dec 2 by Northernr

I have to say, as you could probably tell from the preview, I was a bit worried going into last night. I was really encouraged by what I saw at Rotherham but Bristl City wasn't as good, Norwich was worse, and for 79 minutes against Stoke I thought we were terrible (all relative of course, it was all 1000x better than what was going on before).

I genuinely expected us to do two very QPR things: brief little cough into some semblance of life for a new manager, a win which everybody loses their damn minds over when we got every bounce of every ball and referee decision and still nearly lost; go to the north on a cold friday TV game, play abysmally, lose.

Well, what a fcking glorious surprise. That second half performance last night was proper. We play like that we'll be fine. It's the first time for a year I've been even remotely optimistic about us. I'm not surprised we look better for Cannon and JCS being In there I said that would happen, but I love the high pack press, the three or four men crowding the ball as soon as we give it away, PNE hardly got near our box never mind our goal. And I love that we're getting into their box, getting men into their box, getting chances - 6 goals in two games, FROM THIS TEAM?!

I'm staggered TBH. And ecstatic. A brilliant start to the job by Cifuentes. It was a superb night last night in that away end. I actually enjoyed watching us.

Are u home yet?
Things to love about Marti on 17:39 - Dec 2 with 6016 viewsNorthernr

Things to love about Marti on 17:38 - Dec 2 by Andybrat

Are u home yet?

No! Haha.
Things to love about Marti on 17:48 - Dec 2 with 5989 viewsAndybrat

Things to love about Marti on 17:39 - Dec 2 by Northernr

No! Haha.

Why is the question with a myriad of answers going through my head. Back to the subject real test next weekend and then some crucial fixtures with those around us. Not all would agree but Inwould love him more if he could get Willy to sign an extension and EDB asap
Things to love about Marti on 17:53 - Dec 2 with 5974 viewssilky

Things to love about Marti on 17:33 - Dec 2 by Northernr

You echo my sentiments mate. Looking forward to your match report, when you eventually get home that is. Lol

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Things to love about Marti on 18:15 - Dec 2 with 5901 viewsVancouverHoop

I love the high pack press, the three or four men crowding the ball as soon as we give it away, PNE hardly got near our box never mind our goal. And I love that we're getting into their box, getting men into their box, getting chances -

One his more interesting comments this week was about how much he watches other sports — specifically, basketball, handball and field hockey — to learn from them. I'm not that familiar with the latter two but I can certainly see the basketball connection when it comes to gang crowding oppo players, and also the key deployment of subs, not just who, but when and for how long.
Things to love about Marti on 19:45 - Dec 2 with 5782 viewseastside_r

Is Marti a belated thank you gift from Catalunya for 'el Tel'?
Things to love about Marti on 21:10 - Dec 2 with 5591 viewsAntti_Heinola

Things to love about Marti on 14:46 - Dec 2 by terryb

He might not have moaned about the quality of the youth Antti, but he kept them as far away from the first team as possible.

He definitely was a moaner though! His attitude, speech & body language to the restart after lockdown was a continuous moan. I still think it was the main reason to our poor form at the end of that season.

Warbs took half the team he started with from the u23s and gave debuts to SDM, Bettache and others. That’s just a nonsense to say he didn’t use youth, and is based really on his (valid) views at the end of his rein. He was the first manager in years to use it and base a team around it.
As for moaning, we have very different views there I’m afraid, but might be to do with semantics more than anything.

Bare bones.

Things to love about Marti on 21:30 - Dec 2 with 5515 viewsHastings_Hoops

How will everyone be feeling IF we win three and draw one of the next four matches?…

Hull (home)
Plymouth (home)
Sheff Wed (away)
Southampton (home)

Because it’s not inconceivable as we stand today.

…that puts us in mid table. Are we looking upwards or over our shoulder going into the Millwall match?

After that we have a write-off with Ipswich away; then four home matches in January against teams we should be beating if we’re playing ok.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2023 21:37]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024