Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FA Cup on the tele 18:42 - Dec 7 with 3621 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Good to see the £85k TV revenue going to those that really need it.
FA Cup on the tele on 19:45 - Dec 7 with 3386 viewsLongsufferingR

Spurs v Burnley! Seriously?

Stoke v Brighton
Wimbledon v Ipswich
Peterborough v Leeds
Gillingham v Sheffield U
QPR v Bournemouth

Those are proper cup ties that most neutrals would rather watch.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2023 19:53]
FA Cup on the tele on 20:11 - Dec 7 with 3280 viewsaston_hoop

Palace v Everton is surely the worst tie of the round?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

FA Cup on the tele on 20:19 - Dec 7 with 3230 viewsLongsufferingR

FA Cup on the tele on 20:11 - Dec 7 by aston_hoop

Palace v Everton is surely the worst tie of the round?

I'll see your Palace v Everton and raise you Hull v Birmingham
FA Cup on the tele on 20:20 - Dec 7 with 3220 viewsRs_Holy

ITV win this years bun fight for the Man Ure game… Zzzzzzz
FA Cup on the tele on 20:42 - Dec 7 with 3142 viewsWalnut

FA Cup on the tele on 20:20 - Dec 7 by Rs_Holy

ITV win this years bun fight for the Man Ure game… Zzzzzzz

The magic of the cup will say the trailers and the build up to kick off. Same old ITV
FA Cup on the tele on 20:48 - Dec 7 with 3115 viewsWalnut

Now TV have positioned 3 London ties, I think Plod will now decide if they want the rest of the London games at different days / times.
Anyone know if we have the farce of other games being moved to suit overseas TV?
FA Cup on the tele on 07:47 - Dec 8 with 2772 viewsdavman

6 games. Half the Premier League being shown.

Getting utterly ridiculous now; they just want a closed shop and fck the pyramid whilst bleating on about the "magic of the cup". ITV want any slice of the Prem pie, but it is the BBC that galls me. They do an excellent job with the FA Cup all the way through the qualifying rounds up until the 3rd round when they just want MORE Premier League.

Why anyone is interested in Palace reserves v Everton reserves or Arsenal u18s c v Lpool u18s is utterly beyond me.

Shambolic, but exactly as expected!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

FA Cup on the tele on 08:37 - Dec 8 with 2675 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I get what folks are moaning about. However, the facts are: it all comes down to TV ratings and more people will watch Arsenal v Liverpool than QPR v Bournemouth.

Hell fire, how many Rfosi will actually part with their hard earned to watch QPR in a cup match? Both teams won't be bothered, and the atmosphere will be damp. I think, sadly, most fans have given up on it, and most neutrals ignore the FA Cup until the final, unless some plucky upstart makes progress and whose threatening of the status quo rekindles some interest.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

FA Cup on the tele on 08:48 - Dec 8 with 2653 viewsgazza1

Simple, don't watch them!!! Nothing to do with money for the Premier teams, they got plenty & £85k is basically nothing to most of them.

Personally, I am pleased we are not on TV, hope its a Saturday 3pm kick off.
FA Cup on the tele on 10:14 - Dec 8 with 2558 viewsdaveB

FA Cup on the tele on 19:45 - Dec 7 by LongsufferingR

Spurs v Burnley! Seriously?

Stoke v Brighton
Wimbledon v Ipswich
Peterborough v Leeds
Gillingham v Sheffield U
QPR v Bournemouth

Those are proper cup ties that most neutrals would rather watch.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2023 19:53]

Problem is neutrals don't watch those kind of games, viewing figures for the 1st 2 rounds show no one was interested in lower league games but stick Man Utd or Man City or and you get 5/6 million viewers. At a time when less people are watching linear tv it's a no brainer to go for the higher audience figure

We won't even sell out for Bournemouth so can't expect millions around the country to watch it
[Post edited 8 Dec 2023 10:15]
FA Cup on the tele on 10:20 - Dec 8 with 2521 viewsTheChef

FA Cup on the tele on 10:14 - Dec 8 by daveB

Problem is neutrals don't watch those kind of games, viewing figures for the 1st 2 rounds show no one was interested in lower league games but stick Man Utd or Man City or and you get 5/6 million viewers. At a time when less people are watching linear tv it's a no brainer to go for the higher audience figure

We won't even sell out for Bournemouth so can't expect millions around the country to watch it
[Post edited 8 Dec 2023 10:15]

Here speaketh the ITV employee

All about the ad revenue.

BBC doesn't have that excuse though.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

FA Cup on the tele on 10:32 - Dec 8 with 2501 viewsdaveB

FA Cup on the tele on 10:20 - Dec 8 by TheChef

Here speaketh the ITV employee

All about the ad revenue.

BBC doesn't have that excuse though.

Even as an ITV employee I think the Palace game is a dreadful pick but It is about the ad revenue for the commercial broadcasters, look how many people turn off if Super Sunday is anyone other than one of the big 6 but they throw enough shit on the wall that the viewing and subscriber numbers stay pretty high regardless of who they put on.

Your right on the BBC but they were always going to show Arsenal v Liverpool, they did try and show all games on the website a few years back and the number of people who watch it was tiny and not worth the cost

Jeff Stelling had a good idea the other day that the 3rd round should be seeded so lower league teams will get a prem or championship team which would share the money around a bit more and enhance the chances of them getting a tv game
FA Cup on the tele on 10:58 - Dec 8 with 2407 viewsWatford_Ranger

FA Cup on the tele on 10:32 - Dec 8 by daveB

Even as an ITV employee I think the Palace game is a dreadful pick but It is about the ad revenue for the commercial broadcasters, look how many people turn off if Super Sunday is anyone other than one of the big 6 but they throw enough shit on the wall that the viewing and subscriber numbers stay pretty high regardless of who they put on.

Your right on the BBC but they were always going to show Arsenal v Liverpool, they did try and show all games on the website a few years back and the number of people who watch it was tiny and not worth the cost

Jeff Stelling had a good idea the other day that the 3rd round should be seeded so lower league teams will get a prem or championship team which would share the money around a bit more and enhance the chances of them getting a tv game

I’d just do the draw as it is but where teams are drawn from different divisions you have the lower league side at home. Will never get the approval of the PL clubs.
FA Cup on the tele on 11:05 - Dec 8 with 2388 viewsBAWHoops

The obvious stand out ties are Arsenal v Liverpool and Sunderland v Newcastle. You're always going to have those on.

What annoys me about the TV choices is that you are effectively trying to show a Premier League game by stealth.
Palace v Everton and Spurs v Burnley are two games that would barely make the 12:30am solt on a normal weekday.

I get that you are going to want to show a 'big' team because that's what gets eyes on screens. So Man U will ALWAYS be televised because there's just no way you can spin it to bosses to not show them (and away to Wigan is somewhat romantic cup tie).

But the all prem ties (outsode Arsenal Liverpool) are rubbish, and we should be watching Stoke v Brighton, Gillingham v Sheff U or West Ham v Bristol City instead

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

FA Cup on the tele on 12:15 - Dec 8 with 2304 viewsdaveB

FA Cup on the tele on 11:05 - Dec 8 by BAWHoops

The obvious stand out ties are Arsenal v Liverpool and Sunderland v Newcastle. You're always going to have those on.

What annoys me about the TV choices is that you are effectively trying to show a Premier League game by stealth.
Palace v Everton and Spurs v Burnley are two games that would barely make the 12:30am solt on a normal weekday.

I get that you are going to want to show a 'big' team because that's what gets eyes on screens. So Man U will ALWAYS be televised because there's just no way you can spin it to bosses to not show them (and away to Wigan is somewhat romantic cup tie).

But the all prem ties (outsode Arsenal Liverpool) are rubbish, and we should be watching Stoke v Brighton, Gillingham v Sheff U or West Ham v Bristol City instead

The Palace game was moved due to the police so one of the tv channels had to take it
FA Cup on the tele on 12:24 - Dec 8 with 2280 viewsstowmarketrange

FA Cup on the tele on 08:48 - Dec 8 by gazza1

Simple, don't watch them!!! Nothing to do with money for the Premier teams, they got plenty & £85k is basically nothing to most of them.

Personally, I am pleased we are not on TV, hope its a Saturday 3pm kick off.

Along with 4 other Saturday 3pm ko’s for us in January.And a 3pm ko on January 1st.
FA Cup on the tele on 16:25 - Dec 8 with 2078 viewsderbyhoop

FA Cup on the tele on 11:05 - Dec 8 by BAWHoops

You say we should be watching ....
But, in practise, outside the clubs involved who is going to be interested. Or, more accurately, which advertisers will subscribe.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

FA Cup on the tele on 16:28 - Dec 8 with 2063 viewsNorthernr

Palace v Everton is hilarious. They probably won't even open the whole ground for that one.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024