Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread 10:12 - Dec 15 with 52550 viewsE17hoop

We will remain unbeaten and a sound away point.

0-0

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:08 - Dec 16 with 2931 viewsEsgaroth

If we don't replace Dykes we may not score enough goals to stay up because his return on our investment is bloody atrocious. #couldnthitacowsarsewithabanjo 🤦

Been here since 1984. Now THAT is what you call punishment

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:09 - Dec 16 with 2918 viewstraininvain

Bad week. One point from Plymouth at home (with 10 men) and Sheff Wed away isn’t a good return. Tougher fixtures to follow. Millwall away on Boxing Day looks our best chance of getting a win before the end of the month.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:09 - Dec 16 with 2916 viewsJimthehip

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 16:59 - Dec 16 by BrianMcCarthy

Funny, I never thought we were that comfortable today. Shoddy in possession and looked a bit rattled in our decision-making.

Yes I felt we looked comfortable on 85 minutes. As soon as Field missed that thought my first thought was will we regret that!
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:10 - Dec 16 with 2899 viewsSilverfoxqpr

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:02 - Dec 16 by lassel

I mean who is panicking?

Saying we are going to be deep in the relegation fight come April is just reality.

it's not though is it. it's December. April is 4 months away.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:10 - Dec 16 with 2891 viewsSherryHoop

Some really poor play in that second half.

Dropped 5 points this week.

Squad rotation understandable but can't help but feel that it has cost us this week. Some odd selections and a lot of different players in different positions. I guess we are finding out more about Marti as he finds out more about his squad.

At half time I felt confident. Didn't seem to have any time on the ball in the second half.

A very annoying way to lose and it was coming for about 15 mins before it happened.

Field could have put it to bed.

Arrrrgh

Reality check. New manager bounce over. Hopefully we can pick up a victory before Christmas.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:11 - Dec 16 with 2828 viewslassel

Whilst not wishing to be a stuck record, we simply cannot afford to keep playing Kakay. The support many fans have for this guy compared to the vitriol aimed at far more talented boo boys is quite shocking.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:13 - Dec 16 with 2766 viewsCLAREMAN1995

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:03 - Dec 16 by paulparker

Wednesday night was poor as well
I can’t understand Armstrong going off at H/T
Dropped 5 points with teams around us in one week , game turned with Kakay coming on
We looked all over the place at the back with him

He really hurt us IMO plus he had that golden chance to put us back up but butchered it .
Fields was horrible also ,forget his weekly booking but not burying that clear chance to put the game away then giving away that last free ( maybe I am wrong ) killed us.
Dunne looked hurt all second half he should have been yanked off .
If Marti was angry after Plymouth I cannot wait for todays interview .
Sickening loss but fair play to SW they wanted it more and that 18 year old kid looks a good one
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:14 - Dec 16 with 2723 viewsDorse

Just got in. 2-1? I demand a recount!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:16 - Dec 16 with 2604 viewstraininvain

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:13 - Dec 16 by CLAREMAN1995

He really hurt us IMO plus he had that golden chance to put us back up but butchered it .
Fields was horrible also ,forget his weekly booking but not burying that clear chance to put the game away then giving away that last free ( maybe I am wrong ) killed us.
Sickening loss but fair play to SW they wanted it more and that 18 year old kid looks a good one

We looked more solid with Dixon-Bonner as a makeshift right back. Kakay looked miles off the pace and I’m not sure what Dunne was doing for the first goal. Far too easy for Sheff Wed.

This week was a real opportunity to get out of the relegation zone and we’ve completely blown it.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:17 - Dec 16 with 2577 viewsmart_Goblin

Fuming .

That’s the danger with rotating a squad like this so heavily . We ain’t Man City.
If you win it looks like a master stroke, if you lose you have to accept full responsibility.
Even mid game we can’t rotate like that . We can’t sub every player who gets a booking in the first half. It’s nonsense .
Then to go so defensive and inviting presssure….the one thing this bunch of weak asses don’t deal with is pressure .
Field needs to put his fcking foot through it. Instead it’s limp and weak and 30 seconds later it’s 1-1 and we all knew we’d lose at that point. EDB is our brightest forward playing midfielder..stop putting him at right back. There was no need!!!

I love Marti but today he got it wrong . Now he’ll see the real ‘rangers’.
Feeling sorry for themselves and all everyone else’s fault. We’ll see now in the cold light of day how good he is as we know this bunch will throw him to the wolves too along with everyone else who has coached them in recent years .

Sorry. Bit annoyed 😂
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:17 - Dec 16 with 2577 viewslassel

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:10 - Dec 16 by Silverfoxqpr

it's not though is it. it's December. April is 4 months away.

The obvious question that needs to be answered is what is going to change to drag us away from the relegation fight?

We have no money to bring in anymore goalscoring threat and have just dropped 5 points against two of the few clubs that will conceivably be down there come Easter.

I adore Marti and desperately want to ignore reality and believe he is going to have us playing liquid football, putting teams in the top half to the sword, but yeah….today is what we are as a club. When everything clicks, we can compete, but if we are not at the top of our game the slop of the division are too good for us.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:18 - Dec 16 with 2552 viewsBoston

In a slow and tedious first half, in which we rarely looked threatened, I thought Willock and Dykes would be the perfect subs, so was pleased to see the change at ht. Low and behold, they too went into full tedious mode, can only guess Marti's game plan was such, almost got away with it.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:21 - Dec 16 with 2484 viewsSteveB

That game has left me really p*ssed off. Starting XI, weird, ok , Manager knows best, he was wrong. 2nd half was gutless & abysmal.

That 2nd goal for them typifies why we are bang in trouble - and we are bang in trouble despite the recent upturn. Clear the ball, bang it up the bloody field, play out the draw. Willock & Chair piss ball about, Corner, goal 2-1. Day wasted.

Do your homework QPR. Sheff W come strong at the end of games, score goals late. You gave them 3 points. So predictable. I'm fckkn livid.

Dunne & Field, both should not be starting in this side right now. They are weak links in the way we are now set up.

[Post edited 16 Dec 2023 17:26]
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:21 - Dec 16 with 2478 viewsmart_Goblin

Sorry yes Kakay had a golden chance too!! I forgot about that . Didn’t get anywhere near the target.
Standard
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:25 - Dec 16 with 2367 viewspaulparker

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:21 - Dec 16 by mart_Goblin

Sorry yes Kakay had a golden chance too!! I forgot about that . Didn’t get anywhere near the target.
Standard

As soon as he came on he caused panic in our defence, that clearance that went back into our six yard box to a Wednesday player is something I’ve not seen since playing under 10s football
Just poor

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:26 - Dec 16 with 2357 viewsrbee

Wow, that was an unexpected sickner. Gutted.

I was pretty relaxed watching the game, Wednesday had come out all guns blazing at the start of the second half and we rode that and the game settled back to the first half lucklustre affair. Then out of the blue.....

My initial feeling is that Marti is going overboard with the substitutions. If Cannon was substituted because of his yellow card then that is an extreme reaction, have faith in the player to not get booked again, keep the shape of the team. So many substitutions must affect the rhythm of the team.

With Cannon and Armstrong being subbed we lost a lot of pace and some attacking threat. Marti has said that he prefers to keep attacking rather than defend a lead but with each substitution we became more of a defending team giving Wednesday some momentum.

Plenty for Marti and the lads to reflect upon especially Marti and his game managemnt.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:27 - Dec 16 with 2328 viewsted_hendrix

The bottom line Is we are a poor set of players, you watch next Saturday as Southampton pull us apart.
We get so near time and time again and then fail again.

I'm not interested in being negative but for about a year now It's been glaringly obvious that we haven't got a squad good enough to be/remain competitive In this league.

No you don't get relegated In December but what you don't also do Is lose against your relegation rivals, not from a winning position anyway, they scored In the 86th minute and the 94th minute, well that Is scandalous.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:29 - Dec 16 with 2270 viewsdavman

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:00 - Dec 16 by dmm

I kind of feel Cifuentes was out thought tactically for once. Oh well. You can't win, or draw, them all.

Totally agree.

Why he suddenly decided to play three CBs when Dunne and JCS actually looked secure absolutely beyond me. Even with the three of them on, their equaliser cam straight through the middle of defence.

As I said at HT, not seen this "high press" he goes on about nor did I see any evidence of going for that second goal when one up. You sit back against the inevitable bombardment Wednesday were going to throw at us, that is what you get.

Field misses ANOTHER sitter; Dozzell totally anonymous and unlike most on here I still am far from convinced by EDB.

Paal and Dunne did well and, er, that's about it, isn't it?

Look this is NOT me turning on Cifuentes by any stretch; I have infinitely more confidence in him with this squad than Ainsworth, but like the players on the pitch, he was poor today - this was the game to put our A team on from the start. JCS and Cook. Chair Willock Dykes Smyth Field Cannon Paal EDB.

Should have gone for the second instead of inviting them on.

Reality check this week guys. We have a chance, but we're still deep in it...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:31 - Dec 16 with 2207 viewsmart_Goblin

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:25 - Dec 16 by paulparker

As soon as he came on he caused panic in our defence, that clearance that went back into our six yard box to a Wednesday player is something I’ve not seen since playing under 10s football
Just poor

I said exactly that to my wife when he done it, only I said under 8’s. I swear 😂

He’s not good enough . We all know that but he really isn’t unfortunately
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:34 - Dec 16 with 2142 viewsrbee

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:27 - Dec 16 by ted_hendrix

The bottom line Is we are a poor set of players, you watch next Saturday as Southampton pull us apart.
We get so near time and time again and then fail again.

I'm not interested in being negative but for about a year now It's been glaringly obvious that we haven't got a squad good enough to be/remain competitive In this league.

No you don't get relegated In December but what you don't also do Is lose against your relegation rivals, not from a winning position anyway, they scored In the 86th minute and the 94th minute, well that Is scandalous.

I would suggest that going unbeaten in the previous four games and keeping three clean sheets indicates that we can be competitive in The Championship, not top half but competitive.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:34 - Dec 16 with 2126 viewspaulparker

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:31 - Dec 16 by mart_Goblin

I said exactly that to my wife when he done it, only I said under 8’s. I swear 😂

He’s not good enough . We all know that but he really isn’t unfortunately

So why keep picking him?
One of the worst footballers I’ve ever seen

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:35 - Dec 16 with 2120 viewsGloucs_R

Marti should now know that we don't have a squad good enough to rotate.

Really really really fkd off now

Poll: Are we staying up?

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:36 - Dec 16 with 2080 viewsMick_S

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:35 - Dec 16 by Gloucs_R

Marti should now know that we don't have a squad good enough to rotate.

Really really really fkd off now

That’s my thinking, too. During the game, yes. We need to settle a bit. We’ll be ok.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:37 - Dec 16 with 2052 viewstraininvain

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:34 - Dec 16 by rbee

I would suggest that going unbeaten in the previous four games and keeping three clean sheets indicates that we can be competitive in The Championship, not top half but competitive.

Agreed. We’re inconsistent, mentally fragile and lack squad depth but our best 11 is good enough to compete in this division.

Part of our problem is that Ainsworth’s drummed into this squad that they’re going to be in a relegation battle. We need to move away from this kind of mindset or it will become a self fulfilling prophecy.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:38 - Dec 16 with 2043 viewslassel

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:34 - Dec 16 by paulparker

So why keep picking him?
One of the worst footballers I’ve ever seen

I mean clearly Marti doesn’t want to play him as he put EDB at RB instead…..the question more is why not bring in Drewe who whilst clearly limited himself is not the total catastrophe Kakay is.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024