Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I really dislike... 15:07 - Dec 26 with 9271 viewsWestway

Dozzell. Such an ineffective player. Complete waste of a shirt. Especially when we've the likes of Dixon-Bonner available. Hope he gets dropped soon.
I really dislike... on 21:11 - Dec 26 with 1491 viewsNed_Kennedys

I really dislike... on 19:56 - Dec 26 by ParkRoyalR

Can't see a clean sheet with Dunne in that side...........

Did you see Dunne's defensive display at Preston?

Did you see Cook lose his man and get dominated at the back post for Wednesday's winner?

Dunne is not the problem and Cook is not the answer, whereas starting EDB, getting Willock fit and moving Chair into the middle might be.

Cook is a lot better than Dunne, same as Cannon is a lot better than Kakay.

Pity they are both not fit every week, or many weeks.
I really dislike... on 21:29 - Dec 26 with 1434 viewsWatford_Ranger

I really dislike... on 21:11 - Dec 26 by Ned_Kennedys

Cook is a lot better than Dunne, same as Cannon is a lot better than Kakay.

Pity they are both not fit every week, or many weeks.

I like Cook. Not so much when he’s injured.

Not too sure about Cannon after a promising start. Think people were so done with Kakay and Smyth as wing-backs that anyone would’ve seemed an improvement. Can’t say I’ve been enthralled with him overall.
I really dislike... on 12:34 - Dec 27 with 1224 viewsQPROslo

I really dislike... on 19:33 - Dec 26 by ParkRoyalR

Oslo, this is like saying Jake Bidwell linked our play well with his 5 yard inside pass to the Centre Backs.

I would not pay £10k+ a week for someone who can't run, tackle, header, beat a man, play a give & go and who lacks courage with / without the ball and who merely plays a 10 yard sideways pass to someone standing beside him.

If Dozzell was our best player today (and I'd argue EDB showed him in 20 minutes what he should have been doing in the preceding 70 minutes) we're bang in trouble.

Dozzell started further forward yesterday than usually, Field mostly behind him but they vary that a lot, and he made a number of passes forward and longer than both 5 or 10 yards linking our play, but you seem blind to that. It's a role we need when Field good at the defensive part of the game, isnt so good with the ball or at passing accurately. I didn't think Paal looked well suited to that midfield role. EDB looked like he was used to bolster our right side when he came on. The only player I thought was playing his role as well was Begovic but he made an error for the 2nd goal though I think he was being held but this wasn't clear from the camera angles I saw. But we are very thin in midfield, short of goals, make mistakes at the back and we've been bang in trouble from the start of this season. I doubt we will be able to strengthen much either in January either due FFP.
I really dislike... on 13:37 - Dec 27 with 1166 viewsWatford_Ranger

I really dislike... on 12:34 - Dec 27 by QPROslo

Dozzell started further forward yesterday than usually, Field mostly behind him but they vary that a lot, and he made a number of passes forward and longer than both 5 or 10 yards linking our play, but you seem blind to that. It's a role we need when Field good at the defensive part of the game, isnt so good with the ball or at passing accurately. I didn't think Paal looked well suited to that midfield role. EDB looked like he was used to bolster our right side when he came on. The only player I thought was playing his role as well was Begovic but he made an error for the 2nd goal though I think he was being held but this wasn't clear from the camera angles I saw. But we are very thin in midfield, short of goals, make mistakes at the back and we've been bang in trouble from the start of this season. I doubt we will be able to strengthen much either in January either due FFP.

According to WhoScored:

Dozzell managed zero dribbles, zero through balls and two successful “long passes”, zero shots. Against bloody Millwall.
I really dislike... on 13:41 - Dec 27 with 1145 viewsessextaxiboy

I really dislike... on 13:37 - Dec 27 by Watford_Ranger

According to WhoScored:

Dozzell managed zero dribbles, zero through balls and two successful “long passes”, zero shots. Against bloody Millwall.

He will poke one in from 20 yards sometime in March and get another free pass til the end of the season .
I really dislike... on 13:47 - Dec 27 with 1127 viewsParkRoyalR

I really dislike... on 12:34 - Dec 27 by QPROslo

I saw the two successful long passes, one being in the 2nd Half where he played from the Left CB position 30 yards to the right, was a very good hollywood style pass, but in our third of the pitch.

I honestly don't know what role he was playing yesterday but never got close to our attacking three, never showed for the ball, can't recall him winning a tackle and his lack of desire is evident in tracking back for their 1st goal.

I will back players who try all day long but apart from that home victory against Watford under Ainsworth I have yet to see him earn his wages on the pitch.

I disagree we are team of quitters and losers, but I see a distinct lack of effort, desire and courage in that lad (with + without the ball) and I wouldnt say that about any other of our players.
I really dislike... on 14:27 - Dec 27 with 1082 viewsmart_Goblin

I really dislike... on 17:56 - Dec 26 by SteveB

Dunne. Karl Ready in disguise, complete waste of space.

But yup Dozzell, he's proper shtt.

Karl Ready scored a surprising amount of goals for us .

But take your point
I really dislike... on 14:32 - Dec 27 with 1073 viewsmart_Goblin

Dozzell is too slow , too weak, too negative and now too damaged .

Need to move him on and as I said on another thread recruit from somewhere a couple of midfielders who can get about the pitch quicker and receive the ball on the turn and play forward and then join in. We have no one that does that
Login to get fewer ads

I really dislike... on 14:43 - Dec 27 with 1044 viewsgazza1

Cant make my mind up about him but he is inconsistent, for sure.
I really dislike... on 15:13 - Dec 27 with 1004 viewskensalriser

Who would swap him for the much maligned Luongo now?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

I really dislike... on 15:17 - Dec 27 with 994 viewsMidlands_Ranger

I really dislike... on 15:26 - Dec 26 by bakerloo8

Dozzell is a luxury player. Unfortunately we are not good enough at the basics to afford one.
He would be good in a team that is on the front foot, again we aren't that team.

There is nothing luxury about Dozzell........
I really dislike... on 15:20 - Dec 27 with 986 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I really dislike... on 15:13 - Dec 27 by kensalriser

They are proper negatives of each other.

One can pass but can’t tackle
One can tackle but can’t pass
I really dislike... on 15:23 - Dec 27 with 970 viewsTheChef

I really dislike... on 15:20 - Dec 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

They are proper negatives of each other.

One can pass but can’t tackle
One can tackle but can’t pass

Well Ipswich seem to be getting a tune out of him.

And I don't recall him having many bad games for us.

Hey ho...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

I really dislike... on 15:27 - Dec 27 with 958 viewsMidlands_Ranger

I really dislike... on 15:13 - Dec 27 by kensalriser

Would much prefer Luongo but it has to be said I would also rather have almost anyone over Dozzell right now
I really dislike... on 15:31 - Dec 27 with 942 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I really dislike... on 15:23 - Dec 27 by TheChef

Hey ho...

Don’t get me wrong, I thought he was great!

I’m playing on stereotypes.
I really dislike... on 15:33 - Dec 27 with 937 viewsessextaxiboy

I really dislike... on 15:23 - Dec 27 by TheChef

Hey ho...

He missed sitters and was below par for a month after every Australian international .
I really dislike... on 15:47 - Dec 27 with 887 viewsqprphil

In a nutshell Dozzell is poor, waste of a shirt. Marti will soon get rid if he can't get him going.
I really dislike... on 15:59 - Dec 27 with 853 viewsBurnleyhoop

I really dislike... on 14:43 - Dec 27 by gazza1

Cant make my mind up about him but he is inconsistent, for sure.

Sorry Gazza, he is extremely consistent. Consistently awful. Contributes next to nothing in almost every single game he plays. The weakest midfielder I have seen at our club, period.

Can anyone name a weaker one, serious question?
I really dislike... on 16:01 - Dec 27 with 847 viewsQPROslo

I really dislike... on 13:37 - Dec 27 by Watford_Ranger

According to WhoScored:

90.7% passing accuracy, the highest in the midfield 3, according to SkySports. Edit: Highest in the starting 11 in fact.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2023 16:10]
I really dislike... on 16:03 - Dec 27 with 838 viewsWatford_Ranger

I really dislike... on 16:01 - Dec 27 by QPROslo

90.7% passing accuracy, the highest in the midfield 3, according to SkySports. Edit: Highest in the starting 11 in fact.

Tremendous. Perhaps he could sacrifice some of that and attempt a pass that gets us somewhere occasionally.
I really dislike... on 16:03 - Dec 27 with 835 viewsqprphil

I really dislike... on 15:59 - Dec 27 by Burnleyhoop

Sorry Gazza, he is extremely consistent. Consistently awful. Contributes next to nothing in almost every single game he plays. The weakest midfielder I have seen at our club, period.

Can anyone name a weaker one, serious question?

I can go back to the mid fifties and can't think of one. But my memory isn't what it used to be.
I really dislike... on 16:13 - Dec 27 with 788 viewsParkRoyalR

I really dislike... on 16:01 - Dec 27 by QPROslo

For a supposed creative midfielder who's selling point is his passing, I think he has something like 2 assists in maybe 80+ appearances,

So we can expect 1 maximum 2 goal contributions per season, zero tackling, zero heading, zero running with the ball but accurate sideways passes, which he never moves to receive the return,

Nothing against the bloke, but I am convinced you take him out of the side and we will be a better team.
I really dislike... on 16:27 - Dec 27 with 754 viewsQPROslo

I really dislike... on 16:13 - Dec 27 by ParkRoyalR

For a supposed creative midfielder who's selling point is his passing, I think he has something like 2 assists in maybe 80+ appearances,

So we can expect 1 maximum 2 goal contributions per season, zero tackling, zero heading, zero running with the ball but accurate sideways passes, which he never moves to receive the return,

Nothing against the bloke, but I am convinced you take him out of the side and we will be a better team.

We got considerably worse when he went off the previous 2 games.
I really dislike... on 16:31 - Dec 27 with 739 viewsBlackCrowe

He's got qualities, can pick a pass and has a shot on him but he's a luxury player and not for a team in our predicament. And even if we were a top half side, he should be a squad player only.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

I really dislike... on 16:34 - Dec 27 with 734 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I really dislike... on 16:13 - Dec 27 by ParkRoyalR

Assists and goals are just the tip of the spear. Someone has to carry (laterally in this case) and deliver the ball before that stage.

That’s Dozzell’s role. I’d be interested to see how many of his passes immediately preceded a Chair or Willock assist.

The decision Marti has to make is whether that holding of possession Dozell provides, and as Oslo has proven, he does provide it, is worth the loss to the team’s defensive capability.

If Dozzell could make 90%+ of passes land AND tackle AND stay fit, we’d be in Declan Rice and Patrick Vieira territory and he just wouldn’t be here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024