Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crown Sunday 22:35 - Jan 11 with 8773 viewsNorthernr

10am doors, for anybody looking to take the edge of the terror of the first Watford corner...
Crown Sunday on 14:43 - Jan 12 with 2236 viewsNorthernr

Crown Sunday on 14:37 - Jan 12 by Antti_Heinola

Clive might need you to give another metaphor that’s more relatable.

Outrageous.
Crown Sunday on 15:06 - Jan 12 with 2153 viewsBoston

Crown Sunday on 23:32 - Jan 11 by aston_hoop

This is how I find out we're playing on Sunday rather than Saturday

I'll join you in prayer at 8am.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Crown Sunday on 15:08 - Jan 12 with 2146 viewsBoston

Crown Sunday on 12:37 - Jan 12 by thompsonridd

they are awful aren't they.

They don't even know how to pronounce Kakay, it's hilarious

...or Ilias.

Crown Sunday on 15:13 - Jan 12 with 2120 viewsBoston

And... it is noticeable how few establishments provide staples like a full breakfast.

Crown Sunday on 15:16 - Jan 12 with 2117 viewsKonk

Crown Sunday on 13:48 - Jan 12 by Northernr

Sam walked into Crown the other week back from uni when Leeds Ipswich were on and said "oh this is the guy who's constantly talking about storming castles and planting flags". Literally 30 seconds later Leeds score and he's screaming "THE GOAL THIS CITY, THIS CLUB, THESE PEOPLE DEMANDED. LEEDS HAVE STORMED THE CASTLE. THEY HAVE PLANETED THEIR FLAG..." I'm not even sure Sam had managed to get his coat off.

They're always looking to dial it up. Give it a few weeks and he'll be giving it 'EIGHTH-PLACED HULL CITY HAVE STORMED THE CASTLE, PLANTED THEIR FLAG, SLAUGHTERED EVERY MAN OF FIGHTING AGE, AND ENSLAVED THE WOMEN, OLD FOLK AND CHILDREN! THEY HAVE SET FIRE TO BUILDINGS! THEY HAVE SLAUGHTERED A STRAY DOG! WITH A SWORD! THEY HAVE DECLARED MARTIAL LAW AND IMPOSED A PUPPET RULER! THERE IS LITERALLY BLOOD AND DEATH EVERY-FUC-KING-WHERE YOU LOOK, AND THE HORNETS HAVE JUST TWO MINUTES TO FIND AN EQUALISER! THIS IS THE FALL OF CONSTANTINOPLE BUT IN WATFORD! THE SACKING OF ROME IN WEST HERTFORDSHIRE! LIAM ROSENIOR, A MODERN DAY VISIGOTH IN SMART LEISURE WEAR! FU CK ME, THIS IS UTTERLY COMPELLING! THIS IS ABSOLUTE FUC KING CARNAGE!'
[Post edited 12 Jan 15:17]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Crown Sunday on 15:18 - Jan 12 with 2100 viewsHayesender

Acton Vale open at 10, so a Guinness for breakfast it'll have to be

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Crown Sunday on 15:39 - Jan 12 with 2048 viewsTheChef

Crown Sunday on 15:16 - Jan 12 by Konk

They're always looking to dial it up. Give it a few weeks and he'll be giving it 'EIGHTH-PLACED HULL CITY HAVE STORMED THE CASTLE, PLANTED THEIR FLAG, SLAUGHTERED EVERY MAN OF FIGHTING AGE, AND ENSLAVED THE WOMEN, OLD FOLK AND CHILDREN! THEY HAVE SET FIRE TO BUILDINGS! THEY HAVE SLAUGHTERED A STRAY DOG! WITH A SWORD! THEY HAVE DECLARED MARTIAL LAW AND IMPOSED A PUPPET RULER! THERE IS LITERALLY BLOOD AND DEATH EVERY-FUC-KING-WHERE YOU LOOK, AND THE HORNETS HAVE JUST TWO MINUTES TO FIND AN EQUALISER! THIS IS THE FALL OF CONSTANTINOPLE BUT IN WATFORD! THE SACKING OF ROME IN WEST HERTFORDSHIRE! LIAM ROSENIOR, A MODERN DAY VISIGOTH IN SMART LEISURE WEAR! FU CK ME, THIS IS UTTERLY COMPELLING! THIS IS ABSOLUTE FUC KING CARNAGE!'

I'm sure they're well prepped for Sunday with some bon mots.

"When Alexander of Macedonia was 33, he cried salt tears because there were no more worlds to conquer. Mileta Rajovic is only 24."

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Crown Sunday on 16:01 - Jan 12 with 2011 viewsKonk

‘AT THE HEIGHT OF THE BLITZ, THE CITIZENS OF COVENTRY, THE PROUD CITY OF LADY GODIVA AND AUTOMOBILES, WOULD HUDDLE TOGETHER IN THEIR BOMB SHELTERS, PRAYING THAT THEY WOULD BE SPARED AS BOMB AFTER BOMB RAINED DOWN AND TURNED THEIR HOMETOWN INTO A HELLISH INFERNO. WELL CRY NO MORE, SCARED CHILDREN OF COVENTRY IN YOUR LONG SHORTS, LONG SOCKS AND TANK TOPS, BECAUSE THAT GOAL FROM ELLIS SIMMS PUTS THE SKY BLUES 5-0 UP AGAINST STOKE CITY AND SURELY, SURELY, THERE’S NO WAY BACK FOR STOKE NOW! COVENTRY REMAIN TWELTH!’

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Login to get fewer ads

Crown Sunday on 16:16 - Jan 12 with 1980 viewsqueensparker

Station Cafe opposite Kensal Rise station does a cracking fry up if that fits your journey to HQ. Lovely place
Crown Sunday on 16:51 - Jan 12 with 1930 viewsPaddyhoops

Being my birthday tomorrow, I had planned a few scoops in the crown after the original Saturday game . Sky put paid to that so it’s an early start from Watford junction on Sunday with hoards of watford fans. Great🤦🏼‍♂️!
Crown Sunday on 17:06 - Jan 12 with 1899 viewsWatford_Ranger

Crown Sunday on 16:51 - Jan 12 by Paddyhoops

Being my birthday tomorrow, I had planned a few scoops in the crown after the original Saturday game . Sky put paid to that so it’s an early start from Watford junction on Sunday with hoards of watford fans. Great🤦🏼‍♂️!

Most of them will be trying to get homework done so doubt it’ll be too lively. Weird fanbase.
Crown Sunday on 17:16 - Jan 12 with 1883 viewsqpr_1968

Crown Sunday on 15:18 - Jan 12 by Hayesender

Acton Vale open at 10, so a Guinness for breakfast it'll have to be

and a nice smile from pam.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Crown Sunday on 17:56 - Jan 12 with 1794 viewsted_hendrix

Crown Sunday on 14:03 - Jan 12 by Watford_Ranger

I was hopeful when it re-opened recently after the abomination it had become with the owners who took over from Maggie etc. when it was excellent but it wasn’t great when I went before Plymouth. Shame as my dad had taken me there almost every home game for 20 years and that and the William Hill were the old routine.

There’s a place I was going to give a go just off Uxbridge Rd called Wild Thyme. Reviews are good anyway.

There’s a Bill’s at Westfield. Not been there but assume it’s the same as the rest of them and they’re decent enough.

I'm pretty sure Maggie's Son was on QPR'S books one time, Any info and news, gossip about the club used to come from Terry who was the handyman at the club.

Legendary mixed grills.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Crown Sunday on 18:47 - Jan 12 with 1721 viewsPaddyhoops

Crown Sunday on 17:06 - Jan 12 by Watford_Ranger

Most of them will be trying to get homework done so doubt it’ll be too lively. Weird fanbase.

As a Watford resident for the last 20 years , I couldn’t agree more .
Very passive . Nice people mind.
Crown Sunday on 21:44 - Jan 12 with 1616 viewsHayesender

Crown Sunday on 17:16 - Jan 12 by qpr_1968

and a nice smile from pam.

Ha ha, maybe the odd scowl

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Crown Sunday on 21:57 - Jan 12 with 1598 viewsGaryT

Crown Sunday on 15:16 - Jan 12 by Konk

Clearly the alcohol taking over as I could hear Gary Weaver's voice as I started reading this but ended up listening to David Mitchell!
Crown Sunday on 23:45 - Jan 12 with 1529 viewsmart_Goblin

Crown Sunday on 17:56 - Jan 12 by ted_hendrix

I'm pretty sure Maggie's Son was on QPR'S books one time, Any info and news, gossip about the club used to come from Terry who was the handyman at the club.

Legendary mixed grills.

If it’s Craig Norman you are talking about then he, despite being QPR to the bone played for Chelsea as a kid right up to being a pro. We were same age and I joined Rangers at 13 and Craig never played for us .
Remember his old man Terry around the place though. Brief cameo in the 4 year plan too
Crown Sunday on 13:20 - Jan 13 with 1369 viewsNorthernr

Crown Sunday on 23:45 - Jan 12 by mart_Goblin

If it’s Craig Norman you are talking about then he, despite being QPR to the bone played for Chelsea as a kid right up to being a pro. We were same age and I joined Rangers at 13 and Craig never played for us .
Remember his old man Terry around the place though. Brief cameo in the 4 year plan too

Legend in Kettering where I worked on the paper. Had some unreal penalty record at non league level.
Crown Sunday on 09:13 - Jan 14 with 1102 viewsTrellick

Souns like c& s will be busier than usual. Anyone got any info on opening times for Adelaide & Conn?
Cheers
Crown Sunday on 09:21 - Jan 14 with 1085 viewsWatford_Ranger

Crown Sunday on 09:13 - Jan 14 by Trellick

Souns like c& s will be busier than usual. Anyone got any info on opening times for Adelaide & Conn?
Cheers

11 for Conn I believe

The Spoons in that shopping centre near Shepherds Bush overground will be open.
Crown Sunday on 11:08 - Jan 14 with 956 viewsNortholt_Rs

Crown Sunday on 14:06 - Jan 12 by Northernr

I ended up in Wild Thyme the other week when Mary's was shut.
I would go for some of the more cosmopolitan, Shakshuka-type breakfast numbers. I think it's what the chef might be more comfortable cooking.
I ordered a full English fry up and it came with a salad dressed in balsamic vinegar.

Yeah it was full of yummy-mummy types with their little Tarquins and Ffionas when we went. I think we had to order from a downloaded app too…. We have never been back.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Crown Sunday on 11:37 - Jan 14 with 890 viewsWatford_Ranger

Crown Sunday on 11:08 - Jan 14 by Northolt_Rs

Yeah it was full of yummy-mummy types with their little Tarquins and Ffionas when we went. I think we had to order from a downloaded app too…. We have never been back.

Shakshuka was nice and they do bottled beer
Crown Sunday on 13:03 - Jan 14 with 793 viewsGroveR

Crown Sunday on 12:15 - Jan 12 by WokingR

Can anyone recommend anywhere that does a nice breakfast ?
I see the Blomfontein Road cafe is shut Sundays.

I'll regret this, but I sometimes use Rangers as an excuse to go to Paolo's on Acton Vale.

Crown Sunday on 13:28 - Jan 14 with 779 viewspaulparker

Crown Sunday on 13:03 - Jan 14 by GroveR

I'll regret this, but I sometimes use Rangers as an excuse to go to Paolo's on Acton Vale.

Hot chocolate with a fry up

Wrong un

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Crown Sunday on 13:34 - Jan 14 with 768 viewsqprrunner

Crown Sunday on 12:36 - Jan 12 by Northernr

Proud Mary's next to the Adelaide is good. Used to be called The Hummingbird I think.

Trying to avoid talking about the football as much as possible so this breakfast chat is perfect. I find the staff pretty disinterested and the food average for the price at Proud Marys.

Much prefer Mar Mars opposite the Pocket Watch. Typical greasy spoon but a good one.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024