Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cook on Offish 08:29 - Jan 22 with 6117 viewsstainrods_elbow

Bloody hell - dour and downbeat or what, even when he's praising the likes of Sints' pep talk! Sounds like he's here under massive duress and being a player makes him miserable, so can only hope he's not like that in the dressing room. Says getting out of the doudou will be 'extremely difficult', even though, as the interviewer points out, it's in our hands to beat Huddersfield and get out of the bottom three next weekend.

You're a footballer, Steve, not an executioner, so cheer up, crack a smile, and get a Dr Feelgood injection of milk and alcohol if it helps. Looking at you makes me feel like we're sinking, so I'll look away now.
[Post edited 22 Jan 8:31]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Cook on Offish on 08:37 - Jan 22 with 4773 viewsLandshark

I listened to it this morning and thought he sounded fine. He might be slightly dour but he's no Neil Critchley.
Cook on Offish on 08:37 - Jan 22 with 4773 viewsHastings_Hoops

Wow, it must be downbeat!

Edit: having listened to it, I find it quite refreshing. I’m sick to death of big smiles, mega bantz and we go agains. I’d be angry and I’m glad he’s angry.
[Post edited 22 Jan 8:42]
Cook on Offish on 08:40 - Jan 22 with 4750 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Every silver lining has a cloud eh?
Cook on Offish on 08:45 - Jan 22 with 4706 viewsAntti_Heinola

Bizarre OP. I thought it was excellent, and it was how i felt too. A good win, but it’s a start, nothing more, and it was weeks overdue. Thought it was professional, determined and honest.

Bare bones.

Cook on Offish on 08:47 - Jan 22 with 4705 viewsstainrods_elbow

Cook on Offish on 08:37 - Jan 22 by Hastings_Hoops

Wow, it must be downbeat!

Edit: having listened to it, I find it quite refreshing. I’m sick to death of big smiles, mega bantz and we go agains. I’d be angry and I’m glad he’s angry.
[Post edited 22 Jan 8:42]

On reflection, you might be right, all things considering, though he came over to me as more woebegone than angry. The 'extremely difficult' remark is/was hardly inspiring, moreover, and felt almost like wallowing in misery to me, as well as a gross exaggeration of our mathematical predicament.
[Post edited 22 Jan 8:50]

Cook on Offish on 09:36 - Jan 22 with 4503 viewsw7r

Don't have a problem with it. He's being a realist, I get fed up listen to puff pieces with all the usual platitudes and hackneyed cliches trotted out.

We're in deep sh1t, we the fans know it, he knows it, and he's letting the fans know that the players know it.

Hopefully he can stay fit, we need him on the pitch along with JCS - they're a decent partnership.
Cook on Offish on 09:39 - Jan 22 with 4468 viewsTheChef

What's the point in listening to these interviews anyway?

s_e I think you jjust like to do it to wind yourself (and we have to endure the consequences).

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Cook on Offish on 09:47 - Jan 22 with 4427 viewsstainrods_elbow

Ah - another one who can't just speak for themselves (Thought for the day: we're all and only ever individuals) but props up a lack of self-esteem/power by saying 'we' like some ailing queen.

It's not as hard as you think, so need to agonise about what I might or might not think and get snippy about it. The interviews are there to be watched, and sometimes I like 'em and sometimes I don't. If you don't want to read my views, go and take up knitting or something.

Login to get fewer ads

Cook on Offish on 09:49 - Jan 22 with 4419 viewsTheChef

Cook on Offish on 09:47 - Jan 22 by stainrods_elbow

Ah - another one who can't just speak for themselves (Thought for the day: we're all and only ever individuals) but props up a lack of self-esteem/power by saying 'we' like some ailing queen.

It's not as hard as you think, so need to agonise about what I might or might not think and get snippy about it. The interviews are there to be watched, and sometimes I like 'em and sometimes I don't. If you don't want to read my views, go and take up knitting or something.

Well that's true no one ever knows what you might get snippy about - and therein lies the entertainment

Cook on Offish on 09:51 - Jan 22 with 4412 viewsLongsufferingR

Here we go again. FFS.
Cook on Offish on 09:51 - Jan 22 with 4402 viewsstainrods_elbow

And I love to entertain, so glad I'm doing that for you, darling.

Cook on Offish on 09:53 - Jan 22 with 4369 viewsNorthernr

Cook on Offish on 08:45 - Jan 22 by Antti_Heinola

Bizarre OP. I thought it was excellent, and it was how i felt too. A good win, but it’s a start, nothing more, and it was weeks overdue. Thought it was professional, determined and honest.

Seconded.

Also, if he's genuine, good to hear how much he hates missing games. 1 because we desperately need him to play and 2 because there are too many players at QPR in recent times who are never happier than when they're not available to play.
Cook on Offish on 09:57 - Jan 22 with 4337 viewslondonscottish

Cook on Offish on 09:36 - Jan 22 by w7r

Don't have a problem with it. He's being a realist, I get fed up listen to puff pieces with all the usual platitudes and hackneyed cliches trotted out.

We're in deep sh1t, we the fans know it, he knows it, and he's letting the fans know that the players know it.

Hopefully he can stay fit, we need him on the pitch along with JCS - they're a decent partnership.

That's how I read it. I liked the fact that he was pissed off about having missed so many games through injury. Pissed off about the position they find themselves in. Honest about their confidence taking a knock.

Also loved the fact he flicked the Vs at the Wall supporters at one point and told them to shut up at another.

We need more of this. If he can stay fit it'll make a big difference as the stats show.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Cook on Offish on 10:13 - Jan 22 with 4221 viewsTheChef

Cook on Offish on 09:53 - Jan 22 by Northernr

Seconded.

Also, if he's genuine, good to hear how much he hates missing games. 1 because we desperately need him to play and 2 because there are too many players at QPR in recent times who are never happier than when they're not available to play.

And he's "only" 32. Not in the knackers yard yet. Should really be playing every game.

Cook on Offish on 11:04 - Jan 22 with 4071 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Cook on Offish on 09:47 - Jan 22 by stainrods_elbow

Are they my only options? Knitting or reading your views?

I better get started on that jumper.
Cook on Offish on 11:10 - Jan 22 with 4026 viewsHunterhoop

Cook on Offish on 09:57 - Jan 22 by londonscottish

That's how I read it. I liked the fact that he was pissed off about having missed so many games through injury. Pissed off about the position they find themselves in. Honest about their confidence taking a knock.

Also loved the fact he flicked the Vs at the Wall supporters at one point and told them to shut up at another.

We need more of this. If he can stay fit it'll make a big difference as the stats show.

Agree.

He has higher standards than the rest of our squad, and it was clear he thinks one win doesn’t mean anything. He’s right. He’s also got boll*cks which this side has lacked for years. If he plays regularly we have a chance.
Cook on Offish on 11:24 - Jan 22 with 3929 viewsBurnleyhoop

Cook on Offish on 11:10 - Jan 22 by Hunterhoop

Agree.

He has higher standards than the rest of our squad, and it was clear he thinks one win doesn’t mean anything. He’s right. He’s also got boll*cks which this side has lacked for years. If he plays regularly we have a chance.

Must be frustrating having played in genuinely competitive teams, gaining promotion and testing yourself in the Premier league to then drop into a relegation battle in the Championship with our bunch of fanny's.

No wonder he comes across as miserable.
Cook on Offish on 11:32 - Jan 22 with 3865 viewsBklynRanger

I too liked the determination and realism. It certainly wasn't pretty but it's about grinding it out and doing things that haven't been happening.

He also mentioned the lack of confidence which has been so obvious but not really acknowledged I don't think.
Cook on Offish on 11:43 - Jan 22 with 3789 viewstraininvain

I’m glad he’s annoyed and hopefully the other experienced pros in the dressing room feel the same way.

Can’t imagine our older pros like Cook, Colback and Begovic will want to finish their careers with a relegation to league one so maybe that’ll work in our favour. I’m probably clutching at straws!
Cook on Offish on 11:46 - Jan 22 with 3763 viewsenfieldargh

Seconded.

He also kind of said watching the team perform poorly from the sidelines is a task and that he doesnt know how we do it!!!

He hit so many nails on the head, only thing he didnt tell us is his favourite cheese

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Cook on Offish on 12:06 - Jan 22 with 3619 viewsQPRConor2000

very odd post.

Cook probably knows that the job is far from done, a win is great but the focus is on next week.

I suspect this is him trying to stay humble, not getting too high we win, not getting too low when we lose.

Its an important characteristic to have in football.
Cook on Offish on 12:43 - Jan 22 with 3461 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Can we just enjoy a win please? There will be plenty to criticise between now and end of season.
Cook on Offish on 12:43 - Jan 22 with 3461 viewsR_from_afar

He is a footballer, though, not an orator.

There's nothing to celebrate yet, with this squad, a poor performance often follows a good one and we often bomb in must-win games. Given that only Huddersfield are within range at present - although I think one other club will get sucked into the relegation dogfight at some point - Sunday really is a must-win.

It was great that we managed to win on Saturday but safety is still a long way off and will not be easy to secure because this squad remains thin and low on firepower, with reinforcements unlikely. COYRs.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Cook on Offish on 12:54 - Jan 22 with 3398 viewsE15Hoop

Seconded.

For me, he's our real Captain.
If he could only stay fit, he's exactly who I would choose for the role for all the reasons that Antti talked about.
Cook on Offish on 13:15 - Jan 22 with 3316 viewshubble

Cook on Offish on 12:54 - Jan 22 by E15Hoop

For me, he's our real Captain.
If he could only stay fit, he's exactly who I would choose for the role for all the reasons that Antti talked about.

Agreed.

Just had a listen to the interview. He's exactly the kind of player we want and need at Rangers: level-headed, seasoned, an excellent defender at this level. And I thought he came across really well, for all the reasons mentioned by other posters in this thread. I really like him.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024