Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dunne to Blackburn 17:30 - Jan 25 with 24119 viewsE17hoop

Anyone?
https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/blackburn-rovers-eyeing-qpr-transfer-raid-for-

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Dunne to Blackburn on 09:18 - Jan 27 with 4293 viewstraininvain

Dunne to Blackburn on 09:07 - Jan 27 by Blue_Castello

Agreed time will tell over the next few days, as for Jimmy I think he's good but obviously not up to Cook or JCSs level, he performs well in a back three and did that well under Warbs, I just think he's a solid player as back up and if we let him go we won't get anybody as good with our non existent budget.

Probably fair enough and Dunne did show vs Watford that he’s capable of stepping in for Cook but more often than not over the last couple of years he’s not performed up to the standard required at this level. Hopefully Watford can be a turning point for him if he’s called upon again.
Dunne to Blackburn on 21:55 - Jan 27 with 3873 viewsOldPedro

I can't imagine there are offers for lots of our players on the table or likely to come in with just a few days left of the window, but if good offers were to come in, I could see the club selling.

If we are close too or failing FFP/P&S, that might mean no replacements but hopefully the club have got a couple of replacements lined up, if we can afford them.

Only a few days to wait until the window closes.....

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Dunne to Blackburn on 00:05 - Jan 28 with 3641 viewsParkRoyalR

Dunne to Blackburn on 08:58 - Jan 27 by traininvain

Agree to an extent but I’m also mindful that we shouldn’t be dismissive just because someone says something we don’t like or want to hear, it doesn’t make it untrue. Perhaps Marti’s leaking this stuff or maybe it’s BS. I guess we’ll find out soon enough.

Re Dunne, I’ve seen him described on this thread as a very good centre back at this level but the problem is he’s rarely shown this over the past couple of years. I can probably count his good performances on one hand. So if he’s a very good championship centre back, he’s been hiding it very well!

Maybe re-watch the Preston away game, arguably our best defensive performance this season with Dunne + JCS as CB's.
Dunne to Blackburn on 08:49 - Jan 28 with 3403 viewsterryb

As the Venky's are awaiting a trial in India & Blackburn are issuing statements as to their financial status, I think this can probably be consigned to being far from a done deal!

Added to this, Blackburn supporters are not likely to want an ex Burnley player in their ranks!
Dunne to Blackburn on 09:03 - Jan 28 with 3343 viewsBklynRanger

Dunne to Blackburn on 00:05 - Jan 28 by ParkRoyalR

Maybe re-watch the Preston away game, arguably our best defensive performance this season with Dunne + JCS as CB's.

Excellent game against Watford too, and should have equalised but for that great save.

If we need to do this for financial or other reasons fair enough, and I know Dunne's form has been patchy to say the least this season. But I think we're at risk of going overboard with the negativity around him - he's far from a lost cause.
Dunne to Blackburn on 09:07 - Jan 28 with 3322 viewstraininvain

Dunne to Blackburn on 00:05 - Jan 28 by ParkRoyalR

It was a good performance but pointing to one or two games out of 20 odd this season (I.e. anomalies) kind of proves my point that Dunne generally hasn’t been good enough. Look at his player ratings on this site and consider whether that’s the form of a ‘very good defender’ at this level.

Meanwhile, I’m struggling to think of many poor performances from Cook and the stats shared in this thread back up that he’s our best defender by some distance.

For what it’s worth I’d keep Dunne as back up for the rest of this season on the basis that we’re unlikely to find anyone better as back up in the last few days of the transfer window. But it’s blatantly obvious that Cook and JCS are our best centre back partnership and I’d expect them to start today if fit.
Dunne to Blackburn on 09:42 - Jan 28 with 3229 viewsderbyhoop

Dunne is out of contract in the Summer, although QPR have a 1 year option. Is he going to sign a new contract OR do we get what we can today.
In fact, the club seem very lax at tying down key players to deal running into and beyond next season.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Dunne to Blackburn on 10:05 - Jan 28 with 3162 viewsLongRanger

He’s not had a great year, but decent at times
We won’t get much for him and would leave us so short, unless Marti has a replacement lined up
If we stay up we can sell in the summer if we want to upgrade, given the 1 year option
If we go down he’s exactly the sort of player we’ll need
Seems like a non story to me, but could be wrong
Login to get fewer ads

Dunne to Blackburn on 10:14 - Jan 28 with 3105 viewsgolborne

Dunne to Blackburn on 09:42 - Jan 28 by derbyhoop

Dunne is out of contract in the Summer, although QPR have a 1 year option. Is he going to sign a new contract OR do we get what we can today.
In fact, the club seem very lax at tying down key players to deal running into and beyond next season.

They do it every season and for sensible reasons. You don’t want to take the year option until the last minute in case of serious injury. Imagine the uproar on here if they did it now and the player broke their leg on the last game of the season.
Dunne to Blackburn on 11:01 - Jan 28 with 3007 viewsParkRoyalR

Dunne to Blackburn on 09:07 - Jan 28 by traininvain

It was a good performance but pointing to one or two games out of 20 odd this season (I.e. anomalies) kind of proves my point that Dunne generally hasn’t been good enough. Look at his player ratings on this site and consider whether that’s the form of a ‘very good defender’ at this level.

Meanwhile, I’m struggling to think of many poor performances from Cook and the stats shared in this thread back up that he’s our best defender by some distance.

For what it’s worth I’d keep Dunne as back up for the rest of this season on the basis that we’re unlikely to find anyone better as back up in the last few days of the transfer window. But it’s blatantly obvious that Cook and JCS are our best centre back partnership and I’d expect them to start today if fit.

I could point to many good performances by Dunne and very few individual mistakes, if any, where he has been at fault for goals conceded, but when you become a LfW scapegoat, group-think tends to take over.

If you're struggling to think of poor performance by Cook re-watch Sheffield Wednesday highlights. Possibly a defining game of the season on 85mins as we hold out our 1-0 lead and we go 10 points clear of Wednesday and the rest of us are fighting to avoid the one relegation spot left.

Cook comes on, we go with 3 CB's, and Dunne gets lambasted on this forum for closing down the left-sided attacker, which was the right call.

1st Goal - Cook does'nt hold the line as an experienced CB should, goes too deep, leaves space for his man to run into, turns his back on the shot, we concede, and the best bit, showing real leadership for some posters, turns around and starts blaming everyone else!

2nd Goal - Cook goes 1-2-1 marking guy on back-post, loses position, is weak in the challenge and beaten in the air, his man heads against the post and drops on to toe of another attacker who scores winner; Cook knows he's culpable, so gives it a bit of time, throws his arms in the air and starts trying to blame others again, and on this forum, Dunne gets blamed again!

In Dunne I see a leader who will take the ball out when the options not on, to the detriment to himself and his stats. In Cook I see a player who will pass to Kakay or Cannon not matter how closely marked they are and just abdicate responsibility.

Regards Cooks stats, on the face of it impressive, but similar to Chairs stats last year, have to be considered in context (eg 5 yards pass to Willock with nothing on and he scores from nothing) who was partnering Cook through those games? Dunne? on his left un-favoured left side?

Cook & JCS being blatantly obvious our best CB pairing, based on one game against a woeful Millwall side, the same JCS who threw the game at Millwall away down to his cowardly defending?

Dunne is the type of character we need at this club, the Austin's, the JCS's and many others I could name we do not. I need to see Cook take real leadership before I go all in on him, and to date, I'm yet to see it.
Dunne to Blackburn on 11:42 - Jan 28 with 2870 viewstraininvain

Dunne to Blackburn on 11:01 - Jan 28 by ParkRoyalR

I could point to many good performances by Dunne and very few individual mistakes, if any, where he has been at fault for goals conceded, but when you become a LfW scapegoat, group-think tends to take over.

If you're struggling to think of poor performance by Cook re-watch Sheffield Wednesday highlights. Possibly a defining game of the season on 85mins as we hold out our 1-0 lead and we go 10 points clear of Wednesday and the rest of us are fighting to avoid the one relegation spot left.

Cook comes on, we go with 3 CB's, and Dunne gets lambasted on this forum for closing down the left-sided attacker, which was the right call.

1st Goal - Cook does'nt hold the line as an experienced CB should, goes too deep, leaves space for his man to run into, turns his back on the shot, we concede, and the best bit, showing real leadership for some posters, turns around and starts blaming everyone else!

2nd Goal - Cook goes 1-2-1 marking guy on back-post, loses position, is weak in the challenge and beaten in the air, his man heads against the post and drops on to toe of another attacker who scores winner; Cook knows he's culpable, so gives it a bit of time, throws his arms in the air and starts trying to blame others again, and on this forum, Dunne gets blamed again!

In Dunne I see a leader who will take the ball out when the options not on, to the detriment to himself and his stats. In Cook I see a player who will pass to Kakay or Cannon not matter how closely marked they are and just abdicate responsibility.

Regards Cooks stats, on the face of it impressive, but similar to Chairs stats last year, have to be considered in context (eg 5 yards pass to Willock with nothing on and he scores from nothing) who was partnering Cook through those games? Dunne? on his left un-favoured left side?

Cook & JCS being blatantly obvious our best CB pairing, based on one game against a woeful Millwall side, the same JCS who threw the game at Millwall away down to his cowardly defending?

Dunne is the type of character we need at this club, the Austin's, the JCS's and many others I could name we do not. I need to see Cook take real leadership before I go all in on him, and to date, I'm yet to see it.

I know we all see things differently and football is about opinions but I genuinely can’t believe that anyone watching this team all season (and the last couple of years) would rate Dunne more highly than Cook or even JCS. Dunne might be brave but it takes more than bravery to be a good defender at this level.

It’s also completely at odds with the stats (see earlier in this thread) and a basic eye test from watching this team (see average player ratings on this site).

We can all cherry pick little moments in games (e.g. Dunne completely out of position for Sheff Wed’s first goal, as usual) but the evidence is overwhelming that our best centre back partnership is Cook and JCS which is why they will start today if both fit.

Presumably, Cifuentes has also been suckered in by the loftforwords ‘group-think’ or maybe you’re wrong?
Dunne to Blackburn on 11:51 - Jan 28 with 2853 viewsRangersDave

If we lose today, we probably wont come back from it over the rest of what remains of the season.

I'd be tempted, as i've said before, to cut the deadwood (oh sorry, i mean those excellent performing, multi million pound players) ot, ship them for a couple of groats, and get the cash in.

The rest then loan out, or cut loose, except from a few notables. it will give marti a chance to work with the remaining squad and under 18's etc etc, and give us a chance against FFP.

Besides, this side has been rotten, we either cut the rot, or blunder on.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Dunne to Blackburn on 17:10 - Jan 28 with 2598 viewsNed_Kennedys

Dunne to Blackburn on 19:01 - Jan 26 by lassel

We let Dozzell and SDM go as they brought offers to take on their contracts. We are trying to find a taker for Kakay to get him gone too.

All of those players on your list are available for transfer if they bring an offer to the club. Literally everyone is available if an offer comes in.

If anyone makes an offer for Chair, Dykes, Field next week they’re off. If anyone offers to take over Colback, Cook, JCS’s contracts, again they’re off. As North has astutely said though, people in football talk and listen. Nobody is looking at JCS’ contract, his availability over the past 18 months and rushing to take him off our hands. Willock I’m sure you won’t be surprised to know has already got his next club lined up. There is a non-zero possibility that he goes there early next week.

Equally, If anyone offers to bail us out financially on Colback and Cook we will happily shake hands and wish them the best. Begovic I have no doubt is happy to see out the season here and retire, and we certainly can’t afford to pay him up.

Nobody is looking at the club 20th in the Championship though and desperately trying to take on their players.

How does signing Frey fit in with your ‘preparing for League One’ theory?
The guy will not be playing for free.
Dunne to Blackburn on 17:25 - Jan 28 with 2549 viewslassel

Dunne to Blackburn on 17:10 - Jan 28 by Ned_Kennedys

How does signing Frey fit in with your ‘preparing for League One’ theory?
The guy will not be playing for free.

I mean he basically is - the club have even said as much, that we couldn’t have signed him if he ‘hadn’t made it work within our financial constraints’.

Ultimately it’s a 6 months trial for him to earn a contract for next year, and whilst we are trying our hardest to clear out as many of the losers as we can, we still need players to see out this season. There will likely be a couple of cheap loans too on deadline day - whilst they want to get some more out this week, they haven’t given up on staying up and will give Marti a chance to perform a miracle.
Dunne to Blackburn on 18:08 - Jan 28 with 2421 viewsRangersw12

Dunne to Blackburn on 17:25 - Jan 28 by lassel

I mean he basically is - the club have even said as much, that we couldn’t have signed him if he ‘hadn’t made it work within our financial constraints’.

Ultimately it’s a 6 months trial for him to earn a contract for next year, and whilst we are trying our hardest to clear out as many of the losers as we can, we still need players to see out this season. There will likely be a couple of cheap loans too on deadline day - whilst they want to get some more out this week, they haven’t given up on staying up and will give Marti a chance to perform a miracle.

I thought he signed a 2.5 year deal ?
Dunne to Blackburn on 20:48 - Jan 28 with 2231 viewsbaz_qpr

Dunne has at least one major ricket in him a game sometimes we get away with it but often we have not and it has cost us. Same with Ozzy who has at least 2 a game in him. Coupled with his weakness on the ball, I dont see him long term in a Marti team. For his own career he would be better off moving on especially to a team that play a 3
Dunne to Blackburn on 21:16 - Jan 28 with 2147 viewsLoyalitat

Dunne to Blackburn on 17:25 - Jan 28 by lassel

Frey's signing is definitely not a 6 months' trial, "omniscient" one
Dunne to Blackburn on 21:25 - Jan 28 with 2115 viewsJamieNaz

Dunne to Blackburn on 18:08 - Jan 28 by Rangersw12

I thought he signed a 2.5 year deal ?

He's even more of a lunatic than he looks if he has done that.

Haven't seen any official acknowledgement, but if I was him I'd only be signing until the end of the season.
Dunne to Blackburn on 21:26 - Jan 28 with 2108 viewsHastings_Hoops

Dunne to Blackburn on 19:01 - Jan 26 by lassel

We let Dozzell and SDM go as they brought offers to take on their contracts. We are trying to find a taker for Kakay to get him gone too.

All of those players on your list are available for transfer if they bring an offer to the club. Literally everyone is available if an offer comes in.

If anyone makes an offer for Chair, Dykes, Field next week they’re off. If anyone offers to take over Colback, Cook, JCS’s contracts, again they’re off. As North has astutely said though, people in football talk and listen. Nobody is looking at JCS’ contract, his availability over the past 18 months and rushing to take him off our hands. Willock I’m sure you won’t be surprised to know has already got his next club lined up. There is a non-zero possibility that he goes there early next week.

Equally, If anyone offers to bail us out financially on Colback and Cook we will happily shake hands and wish them the best. Begovic I have no doubt is happy to see out the season here and retire, and we certainly can’t afford to pay him up.

Nobody is looking at the club 20th in the Championship though and desperately trying to take on their players.

“ Willock I’m sure you won’t be surprised to know has already got his next club lined up.”

…to buy a player from Brighton after a failed loan is rock bottom stupidity. Surely there’s not a club out there that’s more stupid than us who would take on an injury prone player, who has no faith in his hamstring and a dad/agent who will sell his son and his son’s club down the river?
Dunne to Blackburn on 22:12 - Jan 28 with 1999 viewsRangersw12

Dunne to Blackburn on 21:25 - Jan 28 by JamieNaz

He's even more of a lunatic than he looks if he has done that.

Haven't seen any official acknowledgement, but if I was him I'd only be signing until the end of the season.

No you're correct I skim read the announcement at the ground and saw 2.5 years mentioned and assumed it was about his contract but no it's his time with Antwerp

Bit weird we haven't mentioned how long he's with us for
Dunne to Blackburn on 13:06 - Jan 29 with 1586 viewsParkRoyalR

Dunne to Blackburn on 11:42 - Jan 28 by traininvain

I know we all see things differently and football is about opinions but I genuinely can’t believe that anyone watching this team all season (and the last couple of years) would rate Dunne more highly than Cook or even JCS. Dunne might be brave but it takes more than bravery to be a good defender at this level.

It’s also completely at odds with the stats (see earlier in this thread) and a basic eye test from watching this team (see average player ratings on this site).

We can all cherry pick little moments in games (e.g. Dunne completely out of position for Sheff Wed’s first goal, as usual) but the evidence is overwhelming that our best centre back partnership is Cook and JCS which is why they will start today if both fit.

Presumably, Cifuentes has also been suckered in by the loftforwords ‘group-think’ or maybe you’re wrong?

I hav'nt said I rate Dunne more highly than Cook or JCS, I've actually posted I believe we desperately need an on-field Captain and Cook is most likely candidate, although I'm yet to see the character in him this team needs as when things go wrong he too often looks for scapegoats, even when the mistakes are his and his alone,

Group-think on here of late has all believe Dunne is a liability and is a mistake a game player, whereas JCS and Cook to a lesser extent get a free-pass for their very important goal-conceding errors,

If Jimmy Dunne shanks that piss-weak clearance like JCS did for their goal on Sunday and Ossie Kakay is ball-watching and loses him man like Cook did (harsh on Cook but Kakay got caned for similar at Millwall) and this board goes into melt-down and those two get scape-goated as usual, be interesting to see if anyone calls out JCS for that shank, for what could have been (Paal's fluke aside) season defining.

Cifuentes has stiffened the defence with what is now a back 6 but still for me making mistakes and in a season of fine-margins, these could be the difference, although removing JCS as being one of the key defenders on the 6 yard line was the right decision as JCS does'nt have the bottle to put his head in where it hurts.
Dunne to Blackburn on 13:12 - Jan 29 with 1531 viewsBklynRanger

Dunne to Blackburn on 22:12 - Jan 28 by Rangersw12

No you're correct I skim read the announcement at the ground and saw 2.5 years mentioned and assumed it was about his contract but no it's his time with Antwerp

Bit weird we haven't mentioned how long he's with us for

Am guessing that's connected to the outcome of the work permit/international clearance (?)
Dunne to Blackburn on 13:12 - Jan 29 with 1532 viewsNed_Kennedys

Dunne to Blackburn on 21:16 - Jan 28 by Loyalitat

Frey's signing is definitely not a 6 months' trial, "omniscient" one

Has anyone seen anything about exactly how long his contract is?
Dunne to Blackburn on 13:49 - Jan 29 with 1412 viewsTheChef

Well I'm happy to drink the lassel kool aid.

What he says isn't beyond the realms of possibility.

I thought Kakay was injured, but if not then why Drewe play ahead of him? Does this mean Kakay is being moved on, as suggested? Would be a shame if so (are his wages that high??)

As mentioned elsewhere Willock clearly playing like someone awaiting their next move.

No one knows yet what Frey is like - of course I hope he's a world beating prolific goalscorer, but most likely he ain't.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Dunne to Blackburn on 14:01 - Jan 29 with 1362 viewsBklynRanger

Dunne to Blackburn on 13:49 - Jan 29 by TheChef

Well I'm happy to drink the lassel kool aid.

What he says isn't beyond the realms of possibility.

I thought Kakay was injured, but if not then why Drewe play ahead of him? Does this mean Kakay is being moved on, as suggested? Would be a shame if so (are his wages that high??)

As mentioned elsewhere Willock clearly playing like someone awaiting their next move.

No one knows yet what Frey is like - of course I hope he's a world beating prolific goalscorer, but most likely he ain't.

He only needs to be a Birmingham, Stoke, Blackburn, Sheff Wed-beating sort of striker though.

I'm clinging to the hope that he is.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024