Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dunne to Blackburn 17:30 - Jan 25 with 24095 viewsE17hoop

Anyone?
https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/blackburn-rovers-eyeing-qpr-transfer-raid-for-

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Dunne to Blackburn on 09:53 - Jan 26 with 3312 viewsTonto

Let him go.

For most of the season he has been out of form and not playing to his previous standard. For weeks on this site people.have been daying how they are done with this squad. Yes his last few games have been better, but his is our last realistic chance of cashing in on him and getting a fee. We should take it. The whole team needs a Refresh and no one should get a pass, especially if it means income. We could even bring in someone better.
[Post edited 26 Jan 10:32]

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Dunne to Blackburn on 09:57 - Jan 26 with 3277 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dunne to Blackburn on 09:35 - Jan 26 by Northernr

It's a rolling three year period, so it never resets, you just keep knocking off a year and gaining a new one.

You are right though to say the 21/22 overspend and the 22/23 Beale disaster are in our three year cycle which is why 23/24 is so tight. Next season 21/22 drops out to be replaced with 24/25 so in theory a bit more headroom.

Plus we're going to build more stands and name them after Bhatia's cats.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dunne to Blackburn on 10:00 - Jan 26 with 3228 viewslassel

Dunne to Blackburn on 09:53 - Jan 26 by TK1

Lassel: "If a miracle happens and Marti keeps us up then..."

Narrator: QPR are three points from safety with a home game against the team immediately above them next...

Eighteen games to go, fully fit squad, three points from safety having been eight: not really in miracle, needing snookers territory - especially when considering how sht this division is. I'm not even sure that Sunday is as must-win as it's being portrayed. It's just must-not-lose. If the first team stays more-or-less fit, it would not take a miracle to get out of this at all. It's annoying we wasted so many games being idiots, though.

We are going to have to put 26 points on the board in the next 18 games to be reasonably confident of survival. This is a team that has managed 24 points in 28 games and has won 3 of its last 11.

You can say the division is shit this year - it’s shit every year and 50 points is historically the +- for survival and highly likely will be again this year.

We all want to believe that it’s all to play for, but at some point we as supporters need to be as realistic as the club are about the chances of us putting those 7/8 wins on the board.
Dunne to Blackburn on 10:14 - Jan 26 with 3117 viewsrbee

Dunne to Blackburn on 19:56 - Jan 25 by lassel

The club is prudently cutting its cloth for L1 next season. If a miracle happens and Marti keeps us up then a rebuild is needed in the summer but we have plenty of space to build.

The Profit and Sustainability regulations are better in League One allowing you to spend more money so there is no need to worry about cutting your cloth in anticipation of relegation.
Dunne to Blackburn on 10:22 - Jan 26 with 3051 viewsW7Ranger

Dunne to Blackburn on 10:00 - Jan 26 by lassel

We are going to have to put 26 points on the board in the next 18 games to be reasonably confident of survival. This is a team that has managed 24 points in 28 games and has won 3 of its last 11.

You can say the division is shit this year - it’s shit every year and 50 points is historically the +- for survival and highly likely will be again this year.

We all want to believe that it’s all to play for, but at some point we as supporters need to be as realistic as the club are about the chances of us putting those 7/8 wins on the board.

You could say the same about Huddersfield.

The chances of staying up are literally IN OUR OWN HANDS!! As it stands right now, we don't have to rely on anyone else. So saying it will be a miracle if we stay up, when it's simply a case of winning on Sunday and then matching the results of the 3 teams below us until the end of the season is negative beyond belief!

Even a draw wouldn't be the end of the world.
Dunne to Blackburn on 11:08 - Jan 26 with 2862 viewsTK1

Alright Mr Drama Queens Park Rangers. This is not my first rodeo. I've been going to QPR for 40+ years. I've seen five relegations. I am extremely realistic about going down and, frankly, I'm not even bothered by it. We were sitting in the pub before Millwall looking at potential L1 away games and we were quite excited about them.

But.

I'm just looking at the table. We are three points from safety and play the team immediately above us next. They then play the team below us. Even your patronising dose of realism is, for me, cause for hope. If this team has won 3 from the last 11, then winning 7 from the next 18 is actually possible, especially as the players who were injured during those defeats are now fit. (The stats predating MC are not instructive). Staying up will not require a miracle: that was Burnley away last season.

As I say, I'm not fussed about going down. It's like feeling nauseous: it's terrible beforehand, but once you've thrown-up and had a sit-down, it's always fine. But let's not doom panic in January.
Dunne to Blackburn on 12:45 - Jan 26 with 2571 viewsRangersw12

Dunne to Blackburn on 11:08 - Jan 26 by TK1

Alright Mr Drama Queens Park Rangers. This is not my first rodeo. I've been going to QPR for 40+ years. I've seen five relegations. I am extremely realistic about going down and, frankly, I'm not even bothered by it. We were sitting in the pub before Millwall looking at potential L1 away games and we were quite excited about them.

But.

I'm just looking at the table. We are three points from safety and play the team immediately above us next. They then play the team below us. Even your patronising dose of realism is, for me, cause for hope. If this team has won 3 from the last 11, then winning 7 from the next 18 is actually possible, especially as the players who were injured during those defeats are now fit. (The stats predating MC are not instructive). Staying up will not require a miracle: that was Burnley away last season.

As I say, I'm not fussed about going down. It's like feeling nauseous: it's terrible beforehand, but once you've thrown-up and had a sit-down, it's always fine. But let's not doom panic in January.

The state the team was under Ainsworth you can say it's a miracle we even have a chance of staying up
Dunne to Blackburn on 12:55 - Jan 26 with 2513 viewsgolborne

Not sure why some people bother

You seem to have diced the no's in as negative a way as you could.

Even with the recent awful run, if we pick up the same amount of points as we have up until now under Marti we'd get another 21 points.

If the goal had gone in at Ipswich and we'd played for 95 mins at Sheff Weds, we would only need 21 points.

Bar Millwall and Cardiff, it's been good under Marti. Yeah, we need to create more in front of goal, but have done in our most recent 3 games.

Give yourself a day off. Maybe thrive on hope, cos with hope comes no expectation.

Back on topic, we'll be fine, if we can steer clear of key injuries. For that reason Dunne can't go anywhere, and tbh I feel he's just another scape goat for folk to vent on. Bar the Bournemouth mistake he ain't been that bad. I've watched the one in midfield who's not allowed to spoken negatively about lose his man for goals on several occasions. But maybe that ball watching gets him in the right place at other times..
Login to get fewer ads

Dunne to Blackburn on 12:55 - Jan 26 with 2513 viewslassel

Dunne to Blackburn on 11:08 - Jan 26 by TK1

But.

Hey i hope as much as you do that we are able to find that same year in the fabric of reality that saw Pat Agyemang turn into a lethal striker for 6 months and we can miracle this group into putting 26+ points on the board.

I was simply saying that the club *are* proactively and prudently cutting our cloth for L1 and if we stay up then the space to rebuild the squad is that much greater.
Dunne to Blackburn on 13:05 - Jan 26 with 2404 viewsterryb

50 points is not historically the points required to avoid relegation. It's the munber that is quoted, but like the 38 points in the Premier, it is only required infrequently.

There are far more seasons when 46 is the target. Another 22 is still a long way away though!
Dunne to Blackburn on 14:01 - Jan 26 with 2239 viewsellersliehoop

Dunne to Blackburn on 13:05 - Jan 26 by terryb

50 points is not historically the points required to avoid relegation. It's the munber that is quoted, but like the 38 points in the Premier, it is only required infrequently.

There are far more seasons when 46 is the target. Another 22 is still a long way away though!

If we win on Sunday then we simply need to match the bottom 3 each week in terms of results. When you look at it like that we have every chance of staying up. It's unlikely any of the bottom 4 will get close to 50 points anyway.
Dunne to Blackburn on 14:16 - Jan 26 with 2166 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dunne to Blackburn on 12:55 - Jan 26 by lassel

Hey i hope as much as you do that we are able to find that same year in the fabric of reality that saw Pat Agyemang turn into a lethal striker for 6 months and we can miracle this group into putting 26+ points on the board.

I was simply saying that the club *are* proactively and prudently cutting our cloth for L1 and if we stay up then the space to rebuild the squad is that much greater.

"I was simply saying that the club *are* proactively and prudently cutting our cloth for L1"

Again, we don't know that.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dunne to Blackburn on 14:27 - Jan 26 with 2081 viewsQPR_Jim

Dunne to Blackburn on 14:16 - Jan 26 by BrianMcCarthy

"I was simply saying that the club *are* proactively and prudently cutting our cloth for L1"

Again, we don't know that.

If I were preparing for League 1 I think I'd keep Dunne and Dozzell they would probably be quite good at that level. I'd be looking to offload players I imagine are high earners like JCS and Field.
Dunne to Blackburn on 14:30 - Jan 26 with 2049 viewsdannyblue

Dunne to Blackburn on 14:27 - Jan 26 by QPR_Jim

If I were preparing for League 1 I think I'd keep Dunne and Dozzell they would probably be quite good at that level. I'd be looking to offload players I imagine are high earners like JCS and Field.

When we signed Jimmy he'd had premier league games and was a premier league prospect no? Suspect his wages reflect that.
Dunne to Blackburn on 14:31 - Jan 26 with 2040 viewsSpongeParr

Dunne to Blackburn on 09:53 - Jan 26 by Tonto

Let him go.

For most of the season he has been out of form and not playing to his previous standard. For weeks on this site people.have been daying how they are done with this squad. Yes his last few games have been better, but his is our last realistic chance of cashing in on him and getting a fee. We should take it. The whole team needs a Refresh and no one should get a pass, especially if it means income. We could even bring in someone better.
[Post edited 26 Jan 10:32]

Agree with all of this.

Dunne is a good backup but shouldn't be near first choice. Too erratic and poor positionally.

Hopefully we have someone else lined up as I fear Fox, JCS and Cook are too injury prone for the season.
Dunne to Blackburn on 14:37 - Jan 26 with 1993 viewsQPR_Jim

Dunne to Blackburn on 14:30 - Jan 26 by dannyblue

When we signed Jimmy he'd had premier league games and was a premier league prospect no? Suspect his wages reflect that.

I don't think he's Kakay levels of cheap but he'll be on less than Cook, JCS and even Fox in my opinion.

To me Dozzell and Dunne leaving would be players we can cut without damaging our chances of survival, so just doesn't quite fit with the preparing for league 1 statement. Of course, as with all these things you can only offload what other people want, so perhaps that's a factor also.
Dunne to Blackburn on 14:38 - Jan 26 with 1994 viewsTK1

Dunne to Blackburn on 12:55 - Jan 26 by lassel

If you're actively "proactively and prudently cutting your cloth for L1" do you keep:

Begovic
Colback
Cook
Field
JCS
Chair
Willock

?

While releasing L1-level:
Dozzell
SDM

Please. Cutting your cloth in advance of a survival that would require "a miracle" (nurse, the fainting salts!) would require getting rid of at least one of the players on long-ish contracts and upper Championship wages, no?

None of your assertions stand up to a moment's thought. Just roll with it week by week. We (you) have no idea what's happening until the CEO is properly interviewed.
Dunne to Blackburn on 15:00 - Jan 26 with 1881 viewsOldPedro

Dunne to Blackburn on 14:01 - Jan 26 by ellersliehoop

If we win on Sunday then we simply need to match the bottom 3 each week in terms of results. When you look at it like that we have every chance of staying up. It's unlikely any of the bottom 4 will get close to 50 points anyway.

Agree with this

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Dunne to Blackburn on 15:02 - Jan 26 with 1853 viewsNorthernr

Dunne to Blackburn on 14:01 - Jan 26 by ellersliehoop

Big old if that one.
Dunne to Blackburn on 15:29 - Jan 26 with 1761 viewsParkRoyalR

In a club brimming top to bottom with wrong'uns - we have fans hoping Dunne leaves?

A very good defender at this level (I'll back this opinion up another time) - and one of the few players who currently wears our shirt with pride and justifies his wages.

Even if Cook showed the courage of Dunne (and brought the ball out from the back just occasionally against 11 men & not just when the oppo go down to 10 men) and JCS morphed into a Yohan Barbet, I still would'nt get wanting Dunne to leave this club.
Dunne to Blackburn on 15:35 - Jan 26 with 1713 viewsSpongeParr

Dunne to Blackburn on 15:29 - Jan 26 by ParkRoyalR

In a club brimming top to bottom with wrong'uns - we have fans hoping Dunne leaves?

A very good defender at this level (I'll back this opinion up another time) - and one of the few players who currently wears our shirt with pride and justifies his wages.

Even if Cook showed the courage of Dunne (and brought the ball out from the back just occasionally against 11 men & not just when the oppo go down to 10 men) and JCS morphed into a Yohan Barbet, I still would'nt get wanting Dunne to leave this club.

He's not very good, he's bang average at best. A solid back up but no more.

I don't want to push him out of the door, but his contract is running out so it makes total sense to sell him and make some money, plus saving x amount a week for the next 6 months.

If wages were low, then I would keep him. I imagine that they aren't low and he isn't looking to lower them either.
Dunne to Blackburn on 15:37 - Jan 26 with 1705 viewsBlue_Castello

For those who say they would be happy for Dunne to go I guess you have given up completely of avoiding relegation. We need Dunne as back up to Cook who isn't going to last till the end of the season playing every single game.

We are shopping in the Free transfer and loan market at best the chances of getting somebody as good as Jimmy who will hit the ground running are very slim.

If the idea is you are saying sell him now so you can be on record as I told you so if we don't survive seems a bit perverse but we all have different opinions.

As said by somebody else Dunne is a good club/squad man and will give you his best every time he takes the pitch....

PS This story was started by a notorious clickbait site and is probably complete bowlacks....
[Post edited 26 Jan 15:45]
Dunne to Blackburn on 15:42 - Jan 26 with 1682 viewsQPunkR

Dunne to Blackburn on 15:02 - Jan 26 by Northernr

Big old if that one.

Precisely. Has this group of players given us anything over recent times to deserve this sudden wave of new-found optimism? Like all of us, I hope we stay up - but until this squad manages to put two decent performances and points together in a row I'll keep the bunting in the cupboard

QPR - "shit but local"

Dunne to Blackburn on 15:42 - Jan 26 with 1682 viewsThGrimRanger

agree with all those saying we still need him. We'd be left with 3 injury prone centre-backs if he goes. He's not going to pull up any trees but he's fine at this level.

letting him go would be asking for trouble

TheGrimRanger

Dunne to Blackburn on 15:43 - Jan 26 with 1667 viewsbosh67

Dunne to Blackburn on 15:42 - Jan 26 by ThGrimRanger

agree with all those saying we still need him. We'd be left with 3 injury prone centre-backs if he goes. He's not going to pull up any trees but he's fine at this level.

letting him go would be asking for trouble

I tend to agree unless we have no option. He appears to generally be one of the few in this squad who can stay half fit.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024