Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dunne to Blackburn 17:30 - Jan 25 with 24093 viewsE17hoop

Anyone?
https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/blackburn-rovers-eyeing-qpr-transfer-raid-for-

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Dunne to Blackburn on 16:27 - Jan 26 with 3380 viewsMonkey_Roots

Dunne to Blackburn on 15:02 - Jan 26 by Northernr

Big old if that one.

I'll also point out that our record, when it's really needed, against those around us is pathetic.
Dunne to Blackburn on 17:03 - Jan 26 with 3209 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I wonder/anyone got an inkling if Marti has someone lined up that is going to be cheap/free to acquire and be on lower wages?

If we're all taking a sharp intake of breadth at the prospect of continuing the season with three injury prone CHs and Kakay, then I'm sure Marti is too..

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Dunne to Blackburn on 18:14 - Jan 26 with 3018 viewsgolborne

Big old if that one.

I agree, I think we’ll draw on Sunday-but I also think that come the end of the season folk will
Wonder why they were constantly pissing their nick nacks, once we had a change of manager. If we keep players fit, we’ll be absolutely fine.
Dunne to Blackburn on 18:27 - Jan 26 with 2939 viewslassel

Dunne to Blackburn on 14:16 - Jan 26 by BrianMcCarthy

"I was simply saying that the club *are* proactively and prudently cutting our cloth for L1"

Again, we don't know that.

Without intending to be a cnt because cryptic ‘ITK’ stuff is incredibly tedious, in this case I do know.
Dunne to Blackburn on 18:39 - Jan 26 with 2881 viewsRangersw12

Dunne to Blackburn on 15:29 - Jan 26 by ParkRoyalR

In a club brimming top to bottom with wrong'uns - we have fans hoping Dunne leaves?

A very good defender at this level (I'll back this opinion up another time) - and one of the few players who currently wears our shirt with pride and justifies his wages.

Even if Cook showed the courage of Dunne (and brought the ball out from the back just occasionally against 11 men & not just when the oppo go down to 10 men) and JCS morphed into a Yohan Barbet, I still would'nt get wanting Dunne to leave this club.

Cook or Dunne

The prosecution rests....

[Post edited 26 Jan 18:39]
Dunne to Blackburn on 18:56 - Jan 26 with 2778 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dunne to Blackburn on 18:27 - Jan 26 by lassel

Without intending to be a cnt because cryptic ‘ITK’ stuff is incredibly tedious, in this case I do know.

The only way you can actually know is if you work for the club, and maybe you do. And if you're one of a very small band of people at the club. And maybe you are.

Otherwise someone at the club is telling you stuff, or hinting, or you're reading between the lines. And as supporters we have to be sceptical about all of that.

But it's a very serious accusation to say that the club are cutting our cloth for L1 when it's only January.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dunne to Blackburn on 19:01 - Jan 26 with 2762 viewslassel

Dunne to Blackburn on 14:38 - Jan 26 by TK1

If you're actively "proactively and prudently cutting your cloth for L1" do you keep:

Begovic
Colback
Cook
Field
JCS
Chair
Willock

?

While releasing L1-level:
Dozzell
SDM

Please. Cutting your cloth in advance of a survival that would require "a miracle" (nurse, the fainting salts!) would require getting rid of at least one of the players on long-ish contracts and upper Championship wages, no?

None of your assertions stand up to a moment's thought. Just roll with it week by week. We (you) have no idea what's happening until the CEO is properly interviewed.

We let Dozzell and SDM go as they brought offers to take on their contracts. We are trying to find a taker for Kakay to get him gone too.

All of those players on your list are available for transfer if they bring an offer to the club. Literally everyone is available if an offer comes in.

If anyone makes an offer for Chair, Dykes, Field next week they’re off. If anyone offers to take over Colback, Cook, JCS’s contracts, again they’re off. As North has astutely said though, people in football talk and listen. Nobody is looking at JCS’ contract, his availability over the past 18 months and rushing to take him off our hands. Willock I’m sure you won’t be surprised to know has already got his next club lined up. There is a non-zero possibility that he goes there early next week.

Equally, If anyone offers to bail us out financially on Colback and Cook we will happily shake hands and wish them the best. Begovic I have no doubt is happy to see out the season here and retire, and we certainly can’t afford to pay him up.

Nobody is looking at the club 20th in the Championship though and desperately trying to take on their players.
Dunne to Blackburn on 19:05 - Jan 26 with 2738 viewsLoyalitat

Dunne to Blackburn on 19:01 - Jan 26 by lassel

We let Dozzell and SDM go as they brought offers to take on their contracts. We are trying to find a taker for Kakay to get him gone too.

All of those players on your list are available for transfer if they bring an offer to the club. Literally everyone is available if an offer comes in.

If anyone makes an offer for Chair, Dykes, Field next week they’re off. If anyone offers to take over Colback, Cook, JCS’s contracts, again they’re off. As North has astutely said though, people in football talk and listen. Nobody is looking at JCS’ contract, his availability over the past 18 months and rushing to take him off our hands. Willock I’m sure you won’t be surprised to know has already got his next club lined up. There is a non-zero possibility that he goes there early next week.

Equally, If anyone offers to bail us out financially on Colback and Cook we will happily shake hands and wish them the best. Begovic I have no doubt is happy to see out the season here and retire, and we certainly can’t afford to pay him up.

Nobody is looking at the club 20th in the Championship though and desperately trying to take on their players.

None of the above is revelatory and hardly serves as evidence of your being better than in the know/privy to the club's inner sanctum. Self-appointed "omniscient" one.
[Post edited 27 Jan 9:09]
Login to get fewer ads

Dunne to Blackburn on 19:14 - Jan 26 with 2667 viewsRangersw12

Where's Willock going to ?

I always get the impression where he thinks he should be playing and where he actually ends up will be miles apart
Dunne to Blackburn on 19:26 - Jan 26 with 2602 viewsnumptydumpty

Ooooh !!

You know a lot !!

Everybody - Lee Hoos is in the building !!!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Dunne to Blackburn on 19:29 - Jan 26 with 2588 viewsLoyalitat

Dunne to Blackburn on 19:26 - Jan 26 by numptydumpty

Ooooh !!

You know a lot !!

Everybody - Lee Hoos is in the building !!!!!

Dunne to Blackburn on 19:32 - Jan 26 with 2573 viewsnumptydumpty

No one is taking on Cook, JCS or Colbacks contracts.

We bought them to stay here - they are going nowhere.

No way is Kakay for sale - he is a decent squad player.

So if you know Willock is going somewhere else - please spread the news as we are all interested in this so called insider information you have - why are you keeping that quiet from us, if you know the facts.

Dozzell and SDM going the former is a high wage and the latter - not quite up to required standard probably to fund this new striker that seems to being touted but you would know that right as you are writing with absolute certainty.

Can you respond to all this because if you do know then you can share it here surely and if you cant - please tell us why not ???
[Post edited 26 Jan 19:33]

Dunne to Blackburn on 21:18 - Jan 26 with 2366 viewsBlue_Castello

Well I hope your wrong and not ITK because your implying the club has thrown in the towel and has decided they have already accepted relegation, I'm sure I speak for a lot of fans and hope that isn't the case, if so what's the point of us getting off our backsides and going to the stadium.

When we are predominantly injury free with our best 11 out on the pitch we will give most teams a good game, we can't do that by selling off players, we have a weak squad already. Letting Dozzell and SDM go out on loan was no loss, they have not been good enough but if others do leave then it's an indication that we have thrown in the towel and will probably use FFP as the reason.

As for the stats showing we are better with Cook playing, of course we are that's obvious but we still need backup and we are highly unlikely to get anything as good as Jimmy on the free or loan market, if he goes then its possibly an indication the clubs preparing for League one and that's crazy, the money next season in the Championship virtually doubles.

Just hope your wrong and the club still wants to fight to stay in the Championship.
Dunne to Blackburn on 21:55 - Jan 26 with 2257 viewsloftupper

Lets reign it in a little eh!

Going through a list of players saying he's for sale and so is he, is just nonsense. Of course they are all for sale, in general every player is. But they can't sell them all, firstly because no one bloody wants them and secondly we still need to put a team out.

Come the end of the season, whatever division we end up in the club should not be trying to keep any player in that squad.
Dunne to Blackburn on 22:18 - Jan 26 with 2160 viewsR_from_afar

Big old if that one.

Any bigger and it would have its own gravitational field, with multiple moons orbiting it

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Dunne to Blackburn on 22:26 - Jan 26 with 2112 viewskensalriser

I always think with the ITK stuff, if it's coming from someone within the club who can't keep their mouth shut then by definition they're untrustworthy.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Dunne to Blackburn on 22:33 - Jan 26 with 2072 viewsnumptydumpty

This bloke what's his name Lassie, he is one of these bored young / old chaps that gets something out of spouting BS and pretends he is in the inner sanctum

Suddenly he has gone rather quiet !!!!!

Did enjoy his tear jerker movies back in the day... 😆

He is not the first to do it and won't be the last but whatever, it's all a little sad and strange...

Dunne to Blackburn on 22:35 - Jan 26 with 2050 viewshighleverhoopL

Dunne to Blackburn on 18:27 - Jan 26 by lassel

Do your sources at the club know that you are going on a fan messageboard and announcing that the club has given up on champioship survival?
Dunne to Blackburn on 22:39 - Jan 26 with 2032 viewsPBLOCK

Dunne to Blackburn on 22:26 - Jan 26 by kensalriser

I always think with the ITK stuff, if it's coming from someone within the club who can't keep their mouth shut then by definition they're untrustworthy.

Not always the case

20 odd years ago I bumped into Andy Thomson in TOTS nightclub in Southend

He still had a house that way as he was at Southend a couple of years before and I grew up there. Was having a chat on a Saturday bought him a beer he bought me one and were chatting things QPR

He told me he was off to Hull. He had a back problem and the 1.5-2 hour drive there and back to Heston every day was a killer and his Mrs wanted to go back up North

Used to post on Dot org and there was a post about players etc and someone said Thomson should be back in and I replied saying he won’t be around for long probably by the weekend as a naive 20 year old I just offered up what I knew

Some absolute helmet called SussexR’s tore me to pieces saying I was a liar and knew naff all

Thomson failed the medical and the deal fell through

Now older and wiser I wouldn’t post it but sometimes it is legit
Dunne to Blackburn on 22:56 - Jan 26 with 1935 viewsE1Hoop

Dunne to Blackburn on 18:56 - Jan 26 by BrianMcCarthy

The only way you can actually know is if you work for the club, and maybe you do. And if you're one of a very small band of people at the club. And maybe you are.

Otherwise someone at the club is telling you stuff, or hinting, or you're reading between the lines. And as supporters we have to be sceptical about all of that.

But it's a very serious accusation to say that the club are cutting our cloth for L1 when it's only January.

It also has implications on the financial commitment of our owners if that is their plan. As I understand it there is less restriction in L1 from P&S rules. So if we are cutting out cloth accordingly for L1 it is less to do with P&S rules and more to do with their financial commitment to the club.
Is that the case Lassel?
Dunne to Blackburn on 23:04 - Jan 26 with 1895 viewstraininvain

Dunne to Blackburn on 22:33 - Jan 26 by numptydumpty

This bloke what's his name Lassie, he is one of these bored young / old chaps that gets something out of spouting BS and pretends he is in the inner sanctum

Suddenly he has gone rather quiet !!!!!

Did enjoy his tear jerker movies back in the day... 😆

He is not the first to do it and won't be the last but whatever, it's all a little sad and strange...

Not saying lassel’s 100% right but he was on the money when Cifuentes was appointed manager. Hopefully it’s inaccurate but it’s not that farfetched and it wouldn’t be a massive surprise if the club is desperately trying to avoid breaching ffp.
Dunne to Blackburn on 23:54 - Jan 26 with 1757 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Dunne to Blackburn on 23:04 - Jan 26 by traininvain

Not saying lassel’s 100% right but he was on the money when Cifuentes was appointed manager. Hopefully it’s inaccurate but it’s not that farfetched and it wouldn’t be a massive surprise if the club is desperately trying to avoid breaching ffp.

Sadly I think it's get money for whoever isn't it? We are in a mess and trying to get cash for players is what's going on. Whether that's to free up room for spending now in this transfer window or the next one, or maybe even just to balance the books.

We just shifted on a cm(on loan)who has been a regular pick this season so we are clearly having a sift through the old cupboards. It's inevitable isn't it for where we are and what we are under. Transfer wise I expect next to nothing over this window....out goings are a bonus as a business....I mean even in this predicament we are in touching distance of escape from the relegation zone.

Dunne was great when he first showed up, and yeah he's been good last couple, but he ain't the be all and end all, there's better than him and there always has been and always will be. Not gonna loose no sleep if he's off, good luck to him, majority of the last 2 seasons or more, he has been shiiit.
[Post edited 26 Jan 23:56]
Dunne to Blackburn on 08:41 - Jan 27 with 1434 viewsBlue_Castello

Dunne to Blackburn on 23:04 - Jan 26 by traininvain

This is true he was on the money with Cifuentes because he said he lives in Sweden and his wife has a position within the club at Hammarby, that's very plausible and it all seemed legitimate at the time. What I can't understand is how that translates into knowing what the QPR board are thinking in particular Rubén and does it mean he has a contact at the club who is feeding information, the only people who know for sure are the Management which would include Hoos, Nourry and possibly a couple of others ie CFO whoever has that position.

The club is quite possibly desperately trying to avoid FFP which is understandable, in some ways it explains the off loading of Dozzell and SDM but if we are all honest we should never have started the season with either of them in the squad and it has been a good opportunity to move them on.
We all know that to balance the books we should be selling players but it's a huge balancing act to do that and retain a competitive squad for the Championship it needs some very smart transfer dealing and an Academy set up that produces players capable of performing at that level.

Somebody coming on the message board and saying its fact that they are all up for sale may well be true but it doesn't give you much encouragement to attend the games if we lose 2 or 3 of our better players for peanuts, just how desperate are we supposed to be. At the moment we've got a team we can put out to give anybody a game which gives us a chance of survival, lose 2 or 3 first choice and that goes out the window. Surely the ultimate goal is to stay in the division not throw in the towel, next season the Championship money virtually doubles and the worst FFP year drops off the calculation, that's supposing the accounts that are about to be published are bad but not that bad.

So some people may not rate Jimmy but he's a good centre half who you need as part of a squad, to have him as back up is ideal, apart from him we have three injury prone centre halves, it's a matter of time before Cook or JCS picks up a knock which keeps them out, any replacement we get will be from the Free and loan market and they are all a risk.

Another thought was if there is remotely any truth in the Michi Frey signing would that be happening if we are so close to FFP we have to ditch players, surely the money saved would be to balance the books and not sign a new player.
Dunne to Blackburn on 08:58 - Jan 27 with 1391 viewstraininvain

Dunne to Blackburn on 08:41 - Jan 27 by Blue_Castello

This is true he was on the money with Cifuentes because he said he lives in Sweden and his wife has a position within the club at Hammarby, that's very plausible and it all seemed legitimate at the time. What I can't understand is how that translates into knowing what the QPR board are thinking in particular Rubén and does it mean he has a contact at the club who is feeding information, the only people who know for sure are the Management which would include Hoos, Nourry and possibly a couple of others ie CFO whoever has that position.

The club is quite possibly desperately trying to avoid FFP which is understandable, in some ways it explains the off loading of Dozzell and SDM but if we are all honest we should never have started the season with either of them in the squad and it has been a good opportunity to move them on.
We all know that to balance the books we should be selling players but it's a huge balancing act to do that and retain a competitive squad for the Championship it needs some very smart transfer dealing and an Academy set up that produces players capable of performing at that level.

Somebody coming on the message board and saying its fact that they are all up for sale may well be true but it doesn't give you much encouragement to attend the games if we lose 2 or 3 of our better players for peanuts, just how desperate are we supposed to be. At the moment we've got a team we can put out to give anybody a game which gives us a chance of survival, lose 2 or 3 first choice and that goes out the window. Surely the ultimate goal is to stay in the division not throw in the towel, next season the Championship money virtually doubles and the worst FFP year drops off the calculation, that's supposing the accounts that are about to be published are bad but not that bad.

So some people may not rate Jimmy but he's a good centre half who you need as part of a squad, to have him as back up is ideal, apart from him we have three injury prone centre halves, it's a matter of time before Cook or JCS picks up a knock which keeps them out, any replacement we get will be from the Free and loan market and they are all a risk.

Another thought was if there is remotely any truth in the Michi Frey signing would that be happening if we are so close to FFP we have to ditch players, surely the money saved would be to balance the books and not sign a new player.

Agree to an extent but I’m also mindful that we shouldn’t be dismissive just because someone says something we don’t like or want to hear, it doesn’t make it untrue. Perhaps Marti’s leaking this stuff or maybe it’s BS. I guess we’ll find out soon enough.

Re Dunne, I’ve seen him described on this thread as a very good centre back at this level but the problem is he’s rarely shown this over the past couple of years. I can probably count his good performances on one hand. So if he’s a very good championship centre back, he’s been hiding it very well!
Dunne to Blackburn on 09:07 - Jan 27 with 1347 viewsBlue_Castello

Dunne to Blackburn on 08:58 - Jan 27 by traininvain

Agree to an extent but I’m also mindful that we shouldn’t be dismissive just because someone says something we don’t like or want to hear, it doesn’t make it untrue. Perhaps Marti’s leaking this stuff or maybe it’s BS. I guess we’ll find out soon enough.

Re Dunne, I’ve seen him described on this thread as a very good centre back at this level but the problem is he’s rarely shown this over the past couple of years. I can probably count his good performances on one hand. So if he’s a very good championship centre back, he’s been hiding it very well!

Agreed time will tell over the next few days, as for Jimmy I think he's good but obviously not up to Cook or JCSs level, he performs well in a back three and did that well under Warbs, I just think he's a solid player as back up and if we let him go we won't get anybody as good with our non existent budget.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024