Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our new CEO has been busy...... 23:15 - Feb 1 with 13512 viewsw7r

Okay, I have to admit I was somewhat sceptical about his appointment. However, in the short time he's been here he's managed to shift a few out and against all expectations has brought a couple of decent looking ones in, so fair play to him.

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 23:23 - Feb 1 with 6033 viewsted_hendrix

Got to say I'm a bit more upbeat tonight albeit I hardly know anything much about our new signings, however our new CEO obviously hasn't been sat on his hands looking out of the window wondering about the theory of relativity.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 23:31 - Feb 1 with 5944 viewsconnell10

And he gave me a free scarf.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 23:44 - Feb 1 with 5833 viewsnumptydumpty

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 23:31 - Feb 1 by connell10

And he gave me a free scarf.

Those scarfs are going to cost us a five point deduction but they are a lovely material...

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 00:25 - Feb 2 with 5607 viewsSmokey

What a great window considering the budget. Well done to him and those involved

In: Frey, Hodge, Hayden and Andersen

Out: Kelman, Duke McKenna and Dozzell (plus Chris Ramsey)

A lot more options for Marti to work with. Players need to fight for their place now too

No need to add a DOF. Wouldn’t have been able to sign one of them 4if we did have one
[Post edited 2 Feb 0:27]
Our new CEO has been busy...... on 03:21 - Feb 2 with 5357 viewsHooparoo

New bloke has done more good work in one window that Les and Hoos managed in 5 years

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 04:09 - Feb 2 with 5306 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Suddenly, those posters who lumped on QPR making the POs at 750-1, are making Warren Buffett look a rash get-rich-quick merchant!

We've been here before. We've woken to many a false dawn, and we've signed some awful toerags in the last 20 odd years, but somehow, and given the mess we're in, this window has given some hope. Not sure how they've done it, but done it they have!

Edit - who's Andersen that was mentioned a few posts up?
[Post edited 2 Feb 4:10]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 04:17 - Feb 2 with 5297 viewsbongo_king

Agreed, in view of our constraints this has been an excellent window, reinforcing the 2 positions we really had to in order to have a fighting chance.

Hayden is a particularly shrewd signing, given I think he can also cover RB and CB if needed.

Only nagging doubt is FFP - can see how shifting Dozzell and the other two could pay for 2 of our 3. Can't quite see how it pays for all 3. I do wonder if we'll see another sponsorship deal as they tighten the FFP calcs, or some other "cost saving".
Our new CEO has been busy...... on 04:27 - Feb 2 with 5287 viewsNorthernr

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 04:17 - Feb 2 by bongo_king

Agreed, in view of our constraints this has been an excellent window, reinforcing the 2 positions we really had to in order to have a fighting chance.

Hayden is a particularly shrewd signing, given I think he can also cover RB and CB if needed.

Only nagging doubt is FFP - can see how shifting Dozzell and the other two could pay for 2 of our 3. Can't quite see how it pays for all 3. I do wonder if we'll see another sponsorship deal as they tighten the FFP calcs, or some other "cost saving".

I would say this thread has the potential to be filed with the "get us at 500/1 for the play-offs while you still can" one from December but...

They've basically been pitching around for loans where we make minimal/zero contribution. You get these very late in the window if you get them at all. Wolves need Hodge to play games after his injury, they're not bothered about a wage contribution from us. Hayden is nowhere near the squad at Newcastle and with window running out and no other offers they may as well just let him come here - exactly the same thing happened with Hendrick, who we got for free.
Login to get fewer ads

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 05:41 - Feb 2 with 5173 viewseastside_r

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 04:09 - Feb 2 by PlanetHonneywood

Suddenly, those posters who lumped on QPR making the POs at 750-1, are making Warren Buffett look a rash get-rich-quick merchant!

We've been here before. We've woken to many a false dawn, and we've signed some awful toerags in the last 20 odd years, but somehow, and given the mess we're in, this window has given some hope. Not sure how they've done it, but done it they have!

Edit - who's Andersen that was mentioned a few posts up?
[Post edited 2 Feb 4:10]

Hans Christian?
Our new CEO has been busy...... on 06:07 - Feb 2 with 5095 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

I think I'll wait to pass judgement.
Our new CEO has been busy...... on 06:08 - Feb 2 with 5096 viewsMr_Beef

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 03:21 - Feb 2 by Hooparoo

New bloke has done more good work in one window that Les and Hoos managed in 5 years

The signings are more encouraging than I thought we'd be able to make, if we were able to make any at all.

But we've learned enough supporting this club now to know that transfer windows are best judged in retrospect.
Our new CEO has been busy...... on 06:20 - Feb 2 with 5049 viewskernowhoop

In an effort to get all of the new lads fit for 15.00 on Saturday, they will travel to Blackburn behind the team coach, in a mobile gym. And that will be followed by a mobile medical centre, just in case.

(Sorry. Something has made me whimsical).
Our new CEO has been busy...... on 06:46 - Feb 2 with 4953 viewsbongo_king

Interesting RE Hodge needing to play post injury (didn't realise he'd been injured). That would explain why they'd let him go for low/no wage contribution. Hayden on the other hand, surely we must be paying a part of his wages.

On the sentiment of transfer windows best being judged in hindsight - normally I'd agree. But given our threadbare squad, the mess we're in and the fact we were expecting no-one to come in, it would be quite something for these three ST signings to make things worse. And if they manage to make things worse, I'm really, really curious to see how (popcorn out time!)
Our new CEO has been busy...... on 06:47 - Feb 2 with 4945 viewsPaddyhoops

Cover for Field and Colback who see collecting cards as a hobby.
Good business. So fair play to whoever was responsible.
At least we have options now.
Our new CEO has been busy...... on 07:00 - Feb 2 with 4874 viewslondonscottish

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 04:27 - Feb 2 by Northernr

I would say this thread has the potential to be filed with the "get us at 500/1 for the play-offs while you still can" one from December but...

They've basically been pitching around for loans where we make minimal/zero contribution. You get these very late in the window if you get them at all. Wolves need Hodge to play games after his injury, they're not bothered about a wage contribution from us. Hayden is nowhere near the squad at Newcastle and with window running out and no other offers they may as well just let him come here - exactly the same thing happened with Hendrick, who we got for free.

I seem to remember Hendrick came with a clause obliging us to play him whether he was actually the best choice or not.

Wonder if that will be the case with Hayden and Hodges?

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 07:15 - Feb 2 with 4776 viewsBlackCrowe

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 00:25 - Feb 2 by Smokey

What a great window considering the budget. Well done to him and those involved

In: Frey, Hodge, Hayden and Andersen

Out: Kelman, Duke McKenna and Dozzell (plus Chris Ramsey)

A lot more options for Marti to work with. Players need to fight for their place now too

No need to add a DOF. Wouldn’t have been able to sign one of them 4if we did have one
[Post edited 2 Feb 0:27]

Two questions:

Is Andersen confirmed?

Did our new CEO run these signings through his Moneyball AI machine thing?

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 07:25 - Feb 2 with 4722 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 06:07 - Feb 2 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Spoilsport!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 07:25 - Feb 2 with 4726 viewsPunteR

Yeh agree with the OP. Made things happen, and by the looks of it so far, positive things.
Moved the deadwood and brought in some decent players I've never heard of (all reports sounding good) .
Its probably all a bit too late but its given us a half a chance.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 07:38 - Feb 2 with 4654 viewsjohnhoop

Well given that my brother and I had been saying while going to games for a while now that what we badly needed was to strengthen the midfield with a couple of signings if possible and another striker to give more options up front I am personally delighted with the business we’ve done in this window, especially considering we were apparently so broke we wouldn’t be able to get anyone in at all.
I think it’s going to need a small miracle to keep us out of the bottom three but it feels like we’ve got more of a chance than we had a few days ago.
Our new CEO has been busy...... on 08:15 - Feb 2 with 4454 viewsbaz_qpr

It looks to me that we've pulled on a few connections / favours / heartstrings for these and they are in the interests of the selling/loaning releasing club too

Hayden no doubt is another one where Jamie Reuben is helping out his mates

The legend that is Gary O'neil doing his old club a favour

If Andersson signs today that is a Marti signing / ex player

Only the Swiss looks like he's been signed of a database

Still we can't complain I've been more impressed with the "outs" and the business done there
Our new CEO has been busy...... on 09:36 - Feb 2 with 4318 viewsBAWHoops

We've signed a Swiss journeyman striker, an unfit central midfielder, a child and possibly an aging Danish winger.
No idea how any of them will turn out. On paper Jamal Lowe was a great signing and Chris Martin was shit, it was the latter who ended up doing more last season.

We may have just moved some pieces out to get some worse pieces in. Impossible to tell.

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 09:39 - Feb 2 with 4295 viewsBlue_Castello

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 08:15 - Feb 2 by baz_qpr

It looks to me that we've pulled on a few connections / favours / heartstrings for these and they are in the interests of the selling/loaning releasing club too

Hayden no doubt is another one where Jamie Reuben is helping out his mates

The legend that is Gary O'neil doing his old club a favour

If Andersson signs today that is a Marti signing / ex player

Only the Swiss looks like he's been signed of a database

Still we can't complain I've been more impressed with the "outs" and the business done there

Was thinking along the same lines as I remembered that Reuben was at Newcastle and obviously Oneill at Wolves, if we have used these connections then it's a smart piece of business.

We all know that the club is running very close to the FFP 3 year threshold and the danger was we would be in a position where we couldn't get anybody to strengthen the team. If the club hadn't been creative in first creating some headroom on the wage bill then it's unlikely we would of got any players at all so I must admit I am happy with getting the three players we have got.

Nobody is naive in not realising the bad situation we are in which is a serious relegation battle, but hopefully the new players will give the squad a bit of a lift and provide a bit of strength in depth. The squad has been very weak from Day 1 particularly compared to most of the other teams in the division, I was very much in the camp that we were going down before yesterday but I think these transfers may give us a fighting chance.....
Our new CEO has been busy...... on 09:44 - Feb 2 with 4247 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 06:07 - Feb 2 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Same as that.

We know very little about these players' abilities and even less about their character.

Wish them all well and look forward to seeing them play, of course.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 09:54 - Feb 2 with 4176 viewsSpaceman_P

Seriously do think QPR need to get out into the local area a bit more.... posters around Westfield Shopping centre etc. in the week a couple of school visits etc. The Media team are missing some great opportunities for great PR.

Even try and do a few things around Middlesex with county teams.

When I was a kid in the 90s, I used to go to a 2 week QPR related football camp.... we'd go to Loftus Road see the changing rooms, walk on the pitch, met Ray Wilkins and then played football for 2 weeks and then the winners of the various trophies them and their families got free tickets for a game.

QPR need to start thinking about this kind of thing at least from everything West to the m25 and north to Harrow.
Our new CEO has been busy...... on 09:54 - Feb 2 with 4171 viewsqprninja

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 04:27 - Feb 2 by Northernr

He can't be any worse than Hendrick, can he?............
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024