Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BOS Starts for Nigeria 17:01 - Feb 7 with 4274 viewsQPRSteve

In the semi v South Africa.

Be interesting to see how he looks as a WB.
BOS Starts for Nigeria on 17:07 - Feb 7 with 4234 viewsLimehouseR

There's hardly anyone there.
Does anyone know the reasons behind this?
BOS Starts for Nigeria on 17:16 - Feb 7 with 4174 viewsWatford_Ranger

BOS Starts for Nigeria on 17:07 - Feb 7 by LimehouseR

Cost, difficulty and distance of travelling for one. They use GMT so I guess missing work to get there as a neutral isn’t hugely appealing.
BOS Starts for Nigeria on 17:23 - Feb 7 with 4130 viewsJuzzie

BOS Starts for Nigeria on 17:07 - Feb 7 by LimehouseR

Not sure what their turnout is but it's a fookin' long way from South Africa to the Ivory Coast, about 5,000 miles.
That's like England playing at the great wall of China.
BOS Starts for Nigeria on 17:27 - Feb 7 with 4098 viewsthompsonridd

Good swerve, bloody awful game so far
BOS Starts for Nigeria on 18:05 - Feb 7 with 3946 viewsaston_hoop

Could have an AFCON winners medal then back home for the title race with his Fenerbache side sitting top in Turkey. Good for him

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

BOS Starts for Nigeria on 18:29 - Feb 7 with 3825 viewsLimehouseR

BOS Starts for Nigeria on 17:16 - Feb 7 by Watford_Ranger

Cost, difficulty and distance of travelling for one. They use GMT so I guess missing work to get there as a neutral isn’t hugely appealing.

Fair enough, is what it is I guess. Not sure why they should play to GMT though. I guess travelling those kind of distances as well are not straight forward or cheap. Just think it is a shame but that's how football is these days. For the TV market not the actual match going supporter.
BOS Starts for Nigeria on 18:57 - Feb 7 with 3725 viewsLblock

I only flicked it on in the 85th minute

What a crazy finish to a game

VAR again

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

BOS Starts for Nigeria on 19:24 - Feb 7 with 3564 viewsWatford_Ranger

BOS Starts for Nigeria on 18:29 - Feb 7 by LimehouseR

Fair enough, is what it is I guess. Not sure why they should play to GMT though. I guess travelling those kind of distances as well are not straight forward or cheap. Just think it is a shame but that's how football is these days. For the TV market not the actual match going supporter.

I mean Ivory Coast is in our time zone so it’s not a great KO time for the locals. Plus the hosts are on later so doesn’t leave people a lot of time to get back for that, especially now it’s gone to ET and probably pens.
Login to get fewer ads

BOS Starts for Nigeria on 19:34 - Feb 7 with 3516 viewsstowmarketrange

I want a South African number 13 shirt.I wonder if his first name begins with A? A Sithole has a nice ring to it.
BOS Starts for Nigeria on 19:38 - Feb 7 with 3479 viewsWatford_Ranger

BOS taken off just before penalties. Good luck to SA.
BOS Starts for Nigeria on 20:59 - Feb 7 with 3186 viewsDannyPaddox

BOS Starts for Nigeria on 19:34 - Feb 7 by stowmarketrange

I want a South African number 13 shirt.I wonder if his first name begins with A? A Sithole has a nice ring to it.

First name is Proper

ps: DR Congo keeper is wearing a gum-shield. French 2nd division must be tough.

pps: Mad Max Gradel playing (captaining) for Ivory Coast. He must be getting on. Seems like only yesterday he had One Size on toast one cold December at Elland Road.

ppps: Côte d’Ivoire mad goal … like a bouncer in cricket
[Post edited 7 Feb 21:33]
BOS Starts for Nigeria on 09:00 - Feb 8 with 2583 viewsBAWHoops

With BOS the starting wing back for AFCON finalists, Manning near the top of the league for Saints, Eze one of the best players outside the Big 6 and Chair single handedly trying to keep QPR up... one does wonder how much better we should've actually been in Warbs first season with the club!

Before lockdown in 2020 we were 6 points off the play offs with 9 games to go of which only 2 teams were above us.
We completely cocked up the final batch of games and won 2 of 9 as we seemed incapable of playing lockdown football.

Hindsignt a wonderful thing, but that was a massive, massive missed oppertunity and who knows what could've happened had Covid never struck...

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

BOS Starts for Nigeria on 10:25 - Feb 8 with 2364 viewsLoyalitat

BOS Starts for Nigeria on 09:00 - Feb 8 by BAWHoops

With BOS the starting wing back for AFCON finalists, Manning near the top of the league for Saints, Eze one of the best players outside the Big 6 and Chair single handedly trying to keep QPR up... one does wonder how much better we should've actually been in Warbs first season with the club!

Before lockdown in 2020 we were 6 points off the play offs with 9 games to go of which only 2 teams were above us.
We completely cocked up the final batch of games and won 2 of 9 as we seemed incapable of playing lockdown football.

Hindsignt a wonderful thing, but that was a massive, massive missed oppertunity and who knows what could've happened had Covid never struck...

We cocked up by being ill-prepared for any return to competitive football and only having one striker worthy of that description: Hugill, who soldiered on bravely in spite of him being hampered by injuries when the season resumed. Oteh was the only other "option"

Got a lot of time for Hugill and what he did that season. 15 goals in total, no penalties, is the best that any striker has amassed for us in a number of years.
BOS Starts for Nigeria on 13:18 - Feb 8 with 2072 viewsCLAREMAN1995

BOS Starts for Nigeria on 19:38 - Feb 7 by Watford_Ranger

BOS taken off just before penalties. Good luck to SA.

I watched a highlight package on You Tube and it was very entertaining for sure .
The sound was way ahead of the picture so on all the penalties when the player was placing the ball the commentator was screaming goal or save so I had to kill the volume.
Some poor penalties and some savage misses during the extra time made this worth watching for sure .
Nigeria will walk the final that team is stacked with talent plus a very nasty keeper
BOS Starts for Nigeria on 15:27 - Feb 8 with 1872 viewskensalriser

BOS Starts for Nigeria on 10:25 - Feb 8 by Loyalitat

We cocked up by being ill-prepared for any return to competitive football and only having one striker worthy of that description: Hugill, who soldiered on bravely in spite of him being hampered by injuries when the season resumed. Oteh was the only other "option"

Got a lot of time for Hugill and what he did that season. 15 goals in total, no penalties, is the best that any striker has amassed for us in a number of years.

We were disgracefully unfit compared to other teams and Warburton has to take a lot of responsibility for that.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

BOS Starts for Nigeria on 15:35 - Feb 8 with 1850 viewsTheChef

BOS Starts for Nigeria on 15:27 - Feb 8 by kensalriser

We were disgracefully unfit compared to other teams and Warburton has to take a lot of responsibility for that.

Oh but Warby Warbs could do no wrong, remember

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

BOS Starts for Nigeria on 20:29 - Feb 11 with 1406 viewsaston_hoop

I dont suppose we snuck in an AFCON medal clause into his deal did we when we flogged him early? I'm guessing not...

BOS Starts for Nigeria on 20:58 - Feb 11 with 1279 viewsDoudou87

Nice to see Danny Shittu as a pundit on sky!

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

BOS Starts for Nigeria on 21:48 - Feb 11 with 1164 viewsWatford_Ranger

Ivory Coast sacked their manager thinking they were going out of the group stage. Some new manager bounce.
BOS Starts for Nigeria on 22:27 - Feb 11 with 1047 viewskensalriser

Easy to see why African teams rarely progress far at the World Cup, the standard is still some way off on the evidence of this game. I guess there's a gulf of difference between the best and worse players in these teams.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

BOS Starts for Nigeria on 22:53 - Feb 11 with 996 viewsaston_hoop

BOS Starts for Nigeria on 21:48 - Feb 11 by Watford_Ranger

Ivory Coast sacked their manager thinking they were going out of the group stage. Some new manager bounce.

does the sacked manager still get a winners medal??

BOS Starts for Nigeria on 08:54 - Feb 12 with 786 viewsslmrstid

Only watched the second half last night but my God Nigeria were poor, offered absolutely nothing. Well deserved win for Ivory Coast in the end.

One noticeable thing for me was how bobbly the pitch was, although I totally get they almost certainly don't have the resources to pile into it that even a Championship club would over here.
BOS Starts for Nigeria on 09:22 - Feb 12 with 722 viewsWatford_Ranger

BOS Starts for Nigeria on 22:53 - Feb 11 by aston_hoop

does the sacked manager still get a winners medal??

I’d definitely be putting it on my CV
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024