Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sliding doors moments 00:16 - Feb 20 with 3341 viewsqueensparker

Imagine if we’d got Steve Cook instead of Dion Sanderson (weren’t we in for him then?) and Isaac Hayden instead of Jeff Hendrick (both rotting in the Newcastle reserves) that fateful season.

Could all have been so different
Sliding doors moments on 09:07 - Feb 21 with 2535 viewslave16

Imagine we'd defended 12 corners properly this season - we'd be looking at the playoffs

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Sliding doors moments on 09:41 - Feb 21 with 2463 viewsTonto

Kevin Gallen not doing his cruciate against Portsmouth

On a similar theme, who were we playing when Richard Langley and Clarke Carlise both did theirs within 20 mins of each other...

Both scuppered our seasons.
[Post edited 21 Feb 10:12]

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Sliding doors moments on 09:49 - Feb 21 with 2428 viewsMarshy67

For us oldies Rodney out injured until November re the 1968-69 horror season.
Sliding doors moments on 09:51 - Feb 21 with 2426 viewsnix

Sliding doors moments on 09:41 - Feb 21 by Tonto

On a similar theme, who were we playing when Richard Langley and Clarke Carlise both did theirs within 20 mins of each other...

I remember that match. I have a terrible memory but I do remember thinking WTF when the second one happened, not even knowing how bad it was at the time but it didn’t look good.

Has that ever even happened in any other match with other clubs that you get two cruciate injuries for the same team in one match? #qprcurse.
Sliding doors moments on 09:57 - Feb 21 with 2390 viewsW7Ranger

Tango and Cash not selling there shares to the Mittals when we got promoted to the prem in 2011.

Instead we sell to Uncle Tony 1 week before the summer window closes, buying anything that wasn't tied down for stupid money! Buggered up Warnock's summer preperations. And I still think to this day we've never really recovered - all because of that farcical summer of 2011.
Sliding doors moments on 10:04 - Feb 21 with 2375 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Not signing Paolo Wanchope.

72 in 23 for Derby after after costing them 2.1 Million less than we paid for Sheron. (19 Goals in 63)

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Sliding doors moments on 10:21 - Feb 21 with 2334 viewsStrawberryHillR

It was at home to Fulham, 2001. I was in the paddocks and giving Brevett stick, he must have been involved in one of the tackles...

We brought on Bruce and Kulcsar to replace Carlisle and Langley, Fulham brought on Karl-Heinz Riedle, who scored the final goal of a glittering career...
Sliding doors moments on 10:25 - Feb 21 with 2324 viewsW7Ranger

Sliding doors moments on 10:04 - Feb 21 by Metallica_Hoop

72 in 23 for Derby after after costing them 2.1 Million less than we paid for Sheron. (19 Goals in 63)

72 goals in 23 matches? That can't be right can it Talli?
Login to get fewer ads

Sliding doors moments on 10:32 - Feb 21 with 2307 viewsToast_R

We were already dog sh*t by the time them two did their ACL's.
Sliding doors moments on 10:56 - Feb 21 with 2244 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Sliding doors moments on 10:25 - Feb 21 by W7Ranger

72 goals in 23 matches? That can't be right can it Talli?

That was Prem 23 in 72; Sorry I forgot the others.

28 in 83 in total and 5 years younger than Sheron.

Sliding doors moments on 10:57 - Feb 21 with 2240 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Sliding doors moments on 10:56 - Feb 21 by Metallica_Hoop

That was Prem 23 in 72; Sorry I forgot the others.

28 in 83 in total and 5 years younger than Sheron.

Edit: Doh!

Shit meant to edit not reply *sighs*

[Post edited 21 Feb 10:59]

Sliding doors moments on 12:08 - Feb 21 with 2119 viewsPindarus

Jim Gregory's dastardly scheme to merge with Fulham to form Fulham Park Rangers or Hammersmith Flyovers or whatever not being scuppered. Where would we all be now if that had gone ahead?
Sliding doors moments on 12:19 - Feb 21 with 2095 viewsPunteR

Sliding doors moments on 12:08 - Feb 21 by Pindarus

Jim Gregory's dastardly scheme to merge with Fulham to form Fulham Park Rangers or Hammersmith Flyovers or whatever not being scuppered. Where would we all be now if that had gone ahead?

Premier league?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Sliding doors moments on 13:51 - Feb 21 with 1982 viewsMelakaRanger

I maintain that our recent decline started the minute we sold Sir Les to Newcastle in 1995 'Decline Number 1'.

It took us until 2011 to recover - 16 years

Then the wasteful spending on useless has beens by Warnock started the next decline. Exacerbated greatly by Mark Hughes - who in my opinion is the real architect of our current situation. 'arries reign just made what Hughes created even worse.

So the relegation of 2015 was 'Decline number 2'

I believed the damage caused by Hughes in particular would take at least 10 years to recover from.

So perhaps in the 25/26 season we start to see a 'competative' Championship QPR side
Sliding doors moments on 14:43 - Feb 21 with 1913 viewsSir_Chops

Despite relegation in 1996 and fierce criticism of asset stripping, Richard Thompson stays on as Chairman, turning down interest from Chris Wright. He continues to run a sustainable model of buying low, selling high.
Sliding doors moments on 15:23 - Feb 21 with 1863 viewsnick_hammersmith

Sliding doors moments on 13:51 - Feb 21 by MelakaRanger

I maintain that our recent decline started the minute we sold Sir Les to Newcastle in 1995 'Decline Number 1'.

It took us until 2011 to recover - 16 years

Then the wasteful spending on useless has beens by Warnock started the next decline. Exacerbated greatly by Mark Hughes - who in my opinion is the real architect of our current situation. 'arries reign just made what Hughes created even worse.

So the relegation of 2015 was 'Decline number 2'

I believed the damage caused by Hughes in particular would take at least 10 years to recover from.

So perhaps in the 25/26 season we start to see a 'competative' Championship QPR side

I think we were always going to sell Les back then.
The real issue was how we spent the money that came in...
Sliding doors moments on 15:39 - Feb 21 with 1820 viewsytt28

Sliding doors moments on 10:04 - Feb 21 by Metallica_Hoop

The reason Stewart Houston gave for letting Wanchope go after a trial as he said he did not need another wide player!
Sliding doors moments on 19:47 - Feb 21 with 1661 viewsthemodfather

for me i think back to "warnock sort it out " chants as we struggled to draw at mk dons , next day, sacked. did our board hear "warnock out" and missed the "sort it" bit?? we were only bottom 3 in prem but had a game in hand due to fixtures and had managed to get the result needed to get out of drop zone.
and later appointing chris ramsay, still have no idea about that .
Sliding doors moments on 22:28 - Feb 21 with 1517 viewsCiderwithRsie

Exactly.

IMO we sold Ferdinand at exactly the right time, but we didn't get a single useful player in return. We might as well have burnt the cash.

(I always through Simon Osborn might have been decent, but we might as well have not bothered since Wilkins wouldn't play him.)
Sliding doors moments on 18:59 - Feb 22 with 1275 viewsdsw2509

No Fergie time in 1996, we stay up, collect the new TV contract, happy days.
Sliding doors moments on 22:27 - Feb 22 with 1131 viewsFredManRave

If we hadn't had a word in the ear of Kevin Miller, allegedly...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Sliding doors moments on 22:44 - Feb 22 with 1108 viewsnumptydumpty

Imagine the ref blew up 13 seconds early in the play off final and Derby win on pens and Zamora was just viewed as another mercenary.

Imagine Adam hadn't met Eve

Imagine Trump In White House and Boris in number ten and you could get arrested simply for going outside more than once in a day.

Nah that's just stupid

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Sliding doors moments on 00:08 - Feb 23 with 1070 viewsSydneyRs

Winning the game v Spurs in the 95/96 relegation season when we were 2-0 up. Also Cantona not being allowed to score in the 123rd minute.

If Tommy had squared it.

If Venables had stayed a couple more seasons.
Sliding doors moments on 00:12 - Feb 23 with 1065 viewsSydneyRs

Sliding doors moments on 22:28 - Feb 21 by CiderwithRsie

Exactly.

IMO we sold Ferdinand at exactly the right time, but we didn't get a single useful player in return. We might as well have burnt the cash.

(I always through Simon Osborn might have been decent, but we might as well have not bothered since Wilkins wouldn't play him.)

Hateley was the worst. Clearly finished and expensive. Better options available for that money.

Osborn seemed like a good idea at the time. Ned Zelic won the Bundesliga and played in a UEFA cup final with Dortmund before joining us so again didn't look like the worst idea at the time.
Sliding doors moments on 01:59 - Feb 23 with 1026 viewsaston_hoop

That time we didn't fancy a young Zlatan Ibrahimovic because he didn't track back enough.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024