Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looking/staying up 21:41 - Feb 24 with 5521 viewsstainrods_elbow

That's 3 wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat from our last 5 games: 10 points out of a possible 15, or, if you prefer, 4 wins, 2 draws and 1 defeat from our last 7 games. 2 points a game is promotion-winning form - keep up that record and we finish with 61 points. Realistically, though, 4 wins and a couple of draws should be enough, and we have 3 home games to come next month.

Check my maths/temperature, but I'm feeling we'll do it.

[Post edited 24 Feb 21:44]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Looking/staying up on 21:50 - Feb 24 with 3880 viewsHastings_Hoops

Good heavens Stainrod - if you’re happy clapping, it must be good!
Looking/staying up on 22:40 - Feb 24 with 3685 viewsrbee

This rollercoaster of a season still has many, up's, down's, twists and turns to come. Our selfish relegation rivals won't roll over without a fight but we are playing well with momentum and a much improved squad.
Looking/staying up on 22:42 - Feb 24 with 3668 viewsqueensparker

We’ve mainly played the crappier teams though.

Let’s see how we look after a month playing Leicester, West Brom, Boro and Sunderland

It’s great we’re going into these games with a team finally capable of both looking solid and scoring and with a run of form though. Cautiously optimistic
Looking/staying up on 22:47 - Feb 24 with 3636 viewsHastings_Hoops

Our post-January squad is mid-table and our manager is top six. It’s a good combination. Hopefully not too late.
Looking/staying up on 22:57 - Feb 24 with 3566 viewsManinBlack

Don't forget that Huddersfield and Sheffield have identical records as us in last 5 games but chances are at least one of us could still go down. We are very good at deception. We have a good run of games and then follow it up with no wins in 8 matches. It's what we do...
Looking/staying up on 23:03 - Feb 24 with 3522 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Today's results show that all we can do is amass as many points as possible and see where it takes us. Mad that Huddersfield, Millwall, Plymouth, Sheffield Wednesday and Swansea all won. Wish I'd had that as my ACCA.
Looking/staying up on 23:07 - Feb 24 with 3511 viewsterryb

Looking/staying up on 22:42 - Feb 24 by queensparker

We’ve mainly played the crappier teams though.

Let’s see how we look after a month playing Leicester, West Brom, Boro and Sunderland

It’s great we’re going into these games with a team finally capable of both looking solid and scoring and with a run of form though. Cautiously optimistic

Middlesbrough & Sunderland results have been very poor.

It might be the right time to be playing them.
Looking/staying up on 23:32 - Feb 24 with 3389 viewsrbee

Agreed, however we played Stoke at the right time!
Login to get fewer ads

Looking/staying up on 02:41 - Feb 25 with 3158 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Momentum is with us but still a tough one to call given that all other results bar Stoke went against us. All we can do is take care of our business and see where that takes us.
Looking/staying up on 08:33 - Feb 25 with 2884 viewssaxbend

I think we need four more wins plus three draws. Of our remaining twelve games we have four particularly tough ones, then four bananaskins, then four tough ones again. I'd say that wherever we are with four games to go is probably where we'll finish.
Looking/staying up on 08:56 - Feb 25 with 2792 viewsstevec

Can’t see us getting more than two points from the next four games. Anything above that and we’ve got a chance.
Looking/staying up on 09:06 - Feb 25 with 2746 viewsdmm

One potential positive for our next 4 games is that we tend to play at or around the level of our opponents. If we can do that in these tough games we can pick up points before going into a run of 4 'easier' games. However, that logic does of course mean we also tend to drop to the level of the easier opponents.
Looking/staying up on 12:05 - Feb 25 with 2474 viewslassel

It depends on whether ‘the pack’ are still within touching distance in 3 weeks time and if Marti can keep confidence up after a tricky few games to have a go at the run of winnable games after that.
Looking/staying up on 12:06 - Feb 25 with 2466 viewsNorthernr

In the next month or so we're probably going to have to beat a team or two we probably shouldn't, as we did with Hull. Boro H or Sunderland A probably look the more likely.
Looking/staying up on 12:25 - Feb 25 with 2421 viewsellersliehoop

Looking/staying up on 08:56 - Feb 25 by stevec

Can’t see us getting more than two points from the next four games. Anything above that and we’ve got a chance.

Boro have lost 15 games, that's only two more than us, they are definitely beatable. Draws with WBA & Sunderland not out of the question either.
Looking/staying up on 14:19 - Feb 25 with 2235 viewskensalriser

Our form is consistently well clear of the bottom three over the last 4,6,8, 10 and 12 games, but annoyingly so is that of both Huddersfield and Wednesday. Our conceded goals are still the lowest in the bottom half and here's an unlikely stat - our PPG over 8 games (1.75) is better than Leicester's (1.63).

I'm confident we can get something from any game now. Whatever the fixture our games have tended to be close affairs since Marti arrived: only once has a side scored more than two goals and only five of those twenty games have finished with a margin of more than one goal, four of which have been in our favour. So as mad as it might sound I don't think we have anything to fear from any team. Except ourselves.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Looking/staying up on 14:22 - Feb 25 with 2221 viewsNorthernr

Looking/staying up on 14:19 - Feb 25 by kensalriser

Our form is consistently well clear of the bottom three over the last 4,6,8, 10 and 12 games, but annoyingly so is that of both Huddersfield and Wednesday. Our conceded goals are still the lowest in the bottom half and here's an unlikely stat - our PPG over 8 games (1.75) is better than Leicester's (1.63).

I'm confident we can get something from any game now. Whatever the fixture our games have tended to be close affairs since Marti arrived: only once has a side scored more than two goals and only five of those twenty games have finished with a margin of more than one goal, four of which have been in our favour. So as mad as it might sound I don't think we have anything to fear from any team. Except ourselves.

And we actually look at our most vulnerable when playing crap sides who we know we should be and really have to be beating. The first 10 mins yesterday another great example.
Looking/staying up on 15:06 - Feb 25 with 2091 viewsstainrods_elbow

Looking/staying up on 14:22 - Feb 25 by Northernr

And we actually look at our most vulnerable when playing crap sides who we know we should be and really have to be beating. The first 10 mins yesterday another great example.

Yes, but what about the remaining 80m (and the well-deserved result)? 4-2 would probably have been fair on the day. We played some good football, and completely took the game away from them.

Looking/staying up on 15:13 - Feb 25 with 2069 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Looking/staying up on 14:22 - Feb 25 by Northernr

Despite my wildly optomistic score prediction it looked like a repeat of the stoke cluster fcuk after those 10 minutes Clive and the crowd felt it IMO.
The goal was a suicidal gift (well finished ) but was comming since kick off .
I think this is simply down to the pressure of the table ,full crowd and as usual not being ready to play.
This is a pretty regular thing I feel so maybe Marti can find some way to have them firing from kick off.
Everybody agrees if QPR get ahead they play loose and can beat anybody except the top 3 right now
Looking/staying up on 15:23 - Feb 25 with 2043 viewsNorthernr

Looking/staying up on 15:06 - Feb 25 by stainrods_elbow

Yes, but what about the remaining 80m (and the well-deserved result)? 4-2 would probably have been fair on the day. We played some good football, and completely took the game away from them.

I was actually making a positive point about the future games. Yeh we're playing some better teams, but it's in the games against the poor sides that we look more nervous and vulnerable.
Looking/staying up on 15:33 - Feb 25 with 1994 viewssprocket

Leicester are best team in the division but lost last two with Bournemouth in the cup mid-week so not beyond possibility we might get a result. Two home games, both winnable and then Sunderland who look like they are on the beach already.
Looking/staying up on 15:45 - Feb 25 with 1937 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Looking/staying up on 15:23 - Feb 25 by Northernr

I was actually making a positive point about the future games. Yeh we're playing some better teams, but it's in the games against the poor sides that we look more nervous and vulnerable.

Yes, the idea of "winnable games" is far too simplistic a concept to apply to QPR. This season we've beaten Hull, Preston, Bristol City, Middlesbrough, and Cardiff, all of whom occupy the top half. 4 of those victories have come away from home. Of the teams in and around us, we've only beaten Blackburn, Millwall, Stoke and Rotherham. 3 of those victories have come at Loftus Road.
Looking/staying up on 15:54 - Feb 25 with 1901 viewsNorthernr

Looking/staying up on 15:45 - Feb 25 by Benny_the_Ball

Yes, the idea of "winnable games" is far too simplistic a concept to apply to QPR. This season we've beaten Hull, Preston, Bristol City, Middlesbrough, and Cardiff, all of whom occupy the top half. 4 of those victories have come away from home. Of the teams in and around us, we've only beaten Blackburn, Millwall, Stoke and Rotherham. 3 of those victories have come at Loftus Road.

The team we've got is in its own head more than most I can remember. Look at that first ten minutes yesterday, at home to a terrible side, compared to how they played at Bristol last week, away to a good team they weren't expected to win.
Looking/staying up on 15:57 - Feb 25 with 1889 viewsBenny_the_Ball

One other factor to consider is goal difference. Under Marti, QPR have a slightly positive goal difference, which has chipped into Gareth's arrears. Keep this form up and we could well finish with a better goal difference than others in the relegation dogfight.

Fingers crossed we'll do it comfortably on points but with most of the bottom 10 teams picking up results here and there, goal difference could come into play.
Looking/staying up on 15:58 - Feb 25 with 1886 viewsstainrods_elbow

Looking/staying up on 15:45 - Feb 25 by Benny_the_Ball

I agree we shouldn't get too hung up on differentiating the difficulty of the games according to the table. Who'd have thought Millwall would have won at Southampton, for instance, or Rotherham score three at Ipswich (albeit still lose at the death)? There are lots of other counter-examples in both directions, especially in the Champ. On that basis, I agree with the poster who said the 'paper' view of the opposition isn't as important as it might seem. It's all about how you/they perform on the day.

Of course, we might still get our asses whipped at Leicester, but I can also foresee us winning. Either way, we're looking in much better shape for the run-in.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024