Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hayden Article 11:16 - Apr 2 with 4896 viewsDorse

I know - it's The Sun but it popped up on my feed this morning and he seems really positive about life at the Rs.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/27056793/newcastle-issac-hayden-qpr-paid-transfer

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Hayden Article on 11:18 - Apr 2 with 4147 viewsNorthernr

Whatever happens in the summer, he's been a great addition so far.
Hayden Article on 11:21 - Apr 2 with 4095 viewsDorse

Hayden Article on 11:18 - Apr 2 by Northernr

Absolutely. I mentioned in the Match Thread about the impact he made coming on yesterday. He just reads the play so well that he seems like he's everywhere all at once.

Hayden Article on 12:24 - Apr 2 with 3847 viewsTomS

He has been a huge factor in our upturn in results. I wish him well wherever his career takes him. He has definitely taken the opportunity of playing with us to put himself in the shop window. I doubt whether we'd be able to meet his wage expectations to hold onto him over the summer.
Hayden Article on 12:27 - Apr 2 with 3839 viewsDesertBoot

Hayden has been fantastic for us and it would be tremendous to have him next season too.
I wish him well regardless of whom he plays for.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Hayden Article on 12:31 - Apr 2 with 3800 viewsBAWHoops

He's been fantastic.

HOWEVER. We've been burnt before signing older players who performed on loan to big contracts.
Let's not make the same mistakes again

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Hayden Article on 12:37 - Apr 2 with 3741 viewsJimboqpr

Great to read that he would be keen to join us, but if he has got two years left on his Newcastle contract its probably going to be tricky to get that deal done. Other Championship clubs (and maybe even a few prem teams) will be in the mix for him now he's proven his fitness with us. He has been brilliant though and if we do stay up, then he's played a big role in helping us do that. He reads the game so well.
Hayden Article on 12:42 - Apr 2 with 3682 viewsbaz_qpr

Hayden Article on 12:37 - Apr 2 by Jimboqpr

Great to read that he would be keen to join us, but if he has got two years left on his Newcastle contract its probably going to be tricky to get that deal done. Other Championship clubs (and maybe even a few prem teams) will be in the mix for him now he's proven his fitness with us. He has been brilliant though and if we do stay up, then he's played a big role in helping us do that. He reads the game so well.

All depends whether he wants a payday or if he wants to play. He's 29 I think so has a good 3 years left in him minimum. If Newcastle want to pay him off (and they aint short of a bob) they can and it's up to him really. We have to be sensible but if he is in our price range its a no brainer for me and can probably play centre back if required too
Hayden Article on 12:52 - Apr 2 with 3615 viewsngbqpr

Does anyone even vaguely ITK know what our current ceiling figure is for wages?

I had it in my head it was 10k p/w, but suspect Cook & Colback may well have blown that out of the water? As for Begovic, bloke behind us in R Block constantly tells everyone in earshot that he is on 28k a week, which I find very hard to believe.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Login to get fewer ads

Hayden Article on 12:59 - Apr 2 with 3548 viewsrobith

He's just so calm and collected, just makes me feel so much more peaceful seeing him just pop up in the right place at the right time over and over
Hayden Article on 13:07 - Apr 2 with 3484 viewsMelakaRanger

I believe he has been the lynchpin of our improved performances in 2024. The best of our January 'transfers in' .

Its crucial he stays fit and plays the last 6 games

And as for next season he would be an absolute amazing signing
Hayden Article on 13:24 - Apr 2 with 3371 viewsE17hoop

If we can't afford both Willock and Hayden, who should we try and keep?

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Hayden Article on 13:29 - Apr 2 with 3323 viewsParkRoyalR

Sure Hayden was first out of the dug-out and off charging down the line towards Dunne to celebrate his worldy, not sure you can fake that sort of enthusiasm + desire,

Don't realise how important he is to the team and protecting the back 4 until he's not in the team, our numbers came up when we got him in on loan.
Hayden Article on 13:42 - Apr 2 with 3196 viewsAntti_Heinola

Hayden Article on 12:31 - Apr 2 by BAWHoops

He's been fantastic.

HOWEVER. We've been burnt before signing older players who performed on loan to big contracts.

He's just turned 29 mate, give him a break before selling him off for parts. :)

Bare bones.

Hayden Article on 13:52 - Apr 2 with 3139 viewssouthbound_tram

Hayden Article on 13:29 - Apr 2 by ParkRoyalR

Sure Hayden was first out of the dug-out and off charging down the line towards Dunne to celebrate his worldy, not sure you can fake that sort of enthusiasm + desire,

Don't realise how important he is to the team and protecting the back 4 until he's not in the team, our numbers came up when we got him in on loan.

Nah, he had (what looked) a bad arm, surprised he played yesterday actually. He gets up but stays close by the dug-out.
Hayden Article on 13:56 - Apr 2 with 3116 viewseastside_r

Hayden Article on 13:42 - Apr 2 by Antti_Heinola

He's just turned 29 mate, give him a break before selling him off for parts. :)

Perhaps we should offer a pay-as-you—play deal.
Hayden Article on 14:55 - Apr 2 with 2860 viewsDavieQPR

He is reputedly on £22k at Newcastle. He has been told he is not wanted there and has had two not very good loan spells elsewhere. Here he is wanted so anything might be possible. As for Willock I'm sure he thinks he is better than he is. Most games he is just an average player living off reputation. Personally I think he will eventually land up at an middling Championship side.
Hayden Article on 14:59 - Apr 2 with 2847 viewsdaveB

Hayden Article on 13:24 - Apr 2 by E17hoop

If we can't afford both Willock and Hayden, who should we try and keep?

If we can't afford them we should sign neither of them no matter how good Hayden has been.
Hayden Article on 15:11 - Apr 2 with 2764 viewsDorse

Hayden Article on 14:55 - Apr 2 by DavieQPR

He is reputedly on £22k at Newcastle. He has been told he is not wanted there and has had two not very good loan spells elsewhere. Here he is wanted so anything might be possible. As for Willock I'm sure he thinks he is better than he is. Most games he is just an average player living off reputation. Personally I think he will eventually land up at an middling Championship side.

Wages are always going to be the issue for a club like ours.

Hayden Article on 16:06 - Apr 2 with 2504 viewsnix

Hayden Article on 14:59 - Apr 2 by daveB

If we can't afford them we should sign neither of them no matter how good Hayden has been.

I agree with this.

When we re-signed Austin and Johanssen I was happy to go with it as I thought they wouldn't be too much given they were ageing by then, but seeing how much we spent that season I wouldn't want to do that again. It was madness.
Hayden Article on 16:48 - Apr 2 with 2348 viewshantssi

Hayden Article on 14:59 - Apr 2 by daveB

I think he meant one or the other.
Hayden Article on 19:18 - Apr 2 with 2037 viewsBurnleyhoop

Hayden Article on 12:59 - Apr 2 by robith

He's just so calm and collected, just makes me feel so much more peaceful seeing him just pop up in the right place at the right time over and over

A proper footballer. It’s all well and good loading the midfield with academy boys, but they haven’t worked their way up through the leagues the hard way and as such don’t have the experience needed to perform at championship standard. Blood them by all means, but don’t rely on them to perform week in and week out for 90 mins and expect to do well in the league.
Hayden Article on 19:43 - Apr 2 with 1924 viewspaulparker

Done well but we need to learn our lesson from the past as these good loan signings then suddenly to old or injured
A no from me on a permanent

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Hayden Article on 20:05 - Apr 2 with 1821 viewsAndybrat

Hayden Article on 12:31 - Apr 2 by BAWHoops

He's been fantastic.

So wrong, he obviously keeps himself super fit, currently at his peak and at least 3 years in the tank, very articulate, looks and sounds like a role model. I know I am older but when players turn 30 it doesn’t mean they should be sent to the knackers yard. Harry Kane’s not doing to bad for a 30+ year old. As much as I loved JoJo I think Hayden is made of better stuff. Him, Colback and Field can dominate that area for ages. We would be lucky to have him. My Geordie following mates think the same and feel he has been harshly treated
Hayden Article on 20:12 - Apr 2 with 1773 viewsed_83

From his first interview, where he talked about players taking responsibility and being up for a relegation scrap, it feels like he's brought exactly the right energy to everything he's done, as well as delivering some very solid performances. The right sort, as they say.

I don't think bringing him back in the summer sounds particularly realistic - he's already taken a pay cut to be here, has two years left on his contract, will be on Premier League wages, is approaching 30 so will have zero sell-on value even if it works out, and we've already had our fingers burned in exactly the same situation with Johansen - but the approach he's shown over the last couple of months is exactly what we've needed.

Whoever's playing for us next season, and whatever league we're in, the example set by Hayden (and others like Cook) should be a marker from the club for for every other player in the squad.
Hayden Article on 17:49 - Apr 3 with 1194 viewsQPunkR

What I don't understand is that he claims to have taken a pay cut to come here. Unless I've had some suspect mushrooms skipped into my tea, isn't it the case that usually we'd offer Newcastle a percentage of his wages then they cover the shortfall? Or if we offer 0% they'd pay the whole sum - either way loan players are never earning any more or less than what they're contracted for

QPR - "shit but local"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024