Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Smyth tonight 22:02 - Apr 9 with 3337 viewsSherryHoop

A performance that summed him up.

Was just about our best player but missed 2 sitters.

First time he was with us he was 50% of a good player.

This time around he is 70% of a good player.

By the time he comes good he will.have lost his pace.

I like him and am happy he's in the squad but he is frustratingly just lacking that final pass or shot.
Smyth tonight on 23:19 - Apr 9 with 2886 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Yes, strange one tonight. I thought he was a real threat going forward but, boy, does he have to work on his finishing (to be fair he's not the only one).
[Post edited 9 Apr 23:19]
Smyth tonight on 23:24 - Apr 9 with 2854 viewsted_hendrix

Composure In front of goal Is missing, I like him a lot tbh, but he has a lot of serious work to do on the training pitch.
I'd love him to do well, not there yet though.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Smyth tonight on 07:26 - Apr 10 with 2483 viewsPaddyhoops

Our biggest threat but better finishing last night and we were pretty much safe .
Lots of ifs and buts . Begovich deals with the corner so on so forth.
For all our faults we’re capable of getting 3 points from 12 .
Away form makes me confident against Hull, Preston could be out of the play picture, Leeds not as good as they think they are.
Coventry will be preparing for a cup final( I can dream) .
It’s in the bag.
Smyth tonight on 08:55 - Apr 10 with 2214 viewsgazza1

Smyth is OK, nothing special. If we want play off next season then he will struggle to hold a 1st team start place. Great attitude and work rate but good Championship players need more.
Smyth tonight on 09:05 - Apr 10 with 2156 viewstraininvain

Imagine the reaction on here if Armstrong missed those chances last night!

Smyth’s 26 years old so I doubt we’ll see a major improvement in his finishing at this stage in his career.

Armstrong gets a lock of stick for his finishing but he’s 20 years old with plenty of time to improve.
Smyth tonight on 10:09 - Apr 10 with 2037 viewsMordenRanger

Smyth tonight on 08:55 - Apr 10 by gazza1

Smyth is OK, nothing special. If we want play off next season then he will struggle to hold a 1st team start place. Great attitude and work rate but good Championship players need more.

Play-off next season is a bit optimistic!
Smyth tonight on 10:10 - Apr 10 with 2030 viewsJimboqpr

I was so annoyed that he missed that chance in the 2nd half, but on reflection he had a decent game and is a very handy squad player for us to have on the budget we're on. All his running and workrate also helped Willock to have a positive impact from the bench against a tired Plymouth defence in the later stages. On a different subject, did Chair go off injured last night? or was he just knackered?
Smyth tonight on 10:29 - Apr 10 with 1913 viewsqprninja

Smyth tonight on 10:10 - Apr 10 by Jimboqpr

I was so annoyed that he missed that chance in the 2nd half, but on reflection he had a decent game and is a very handy squad player for us to have on the budget we're on. All his running and workrate also helped Willock to have a positive impact from the bench against a tired Plymouth defence in the later stages. On a different subject, did Chair go off injured last night? or was he just knackered?

He was running on fumes due to fasting.
Login to get fewer ads

Smyth tonight on 10:50 - Apr 10 with 1815 viewsdenhamhoop2

Smyth tonight on 10:09 - Apr 10 by MordenRanger

Maybe he's thinking we'll be in league one
Smyth tonight on 11:15 - Apr 10 with 1707 viewsBklynRanger

I like Smyth and may have mentioned my cultural bias towards him, but for all his other work he had a key job to do twice last night and didn't do it either time. For me that undermines all the other stuff.

Later Begovic had to do his, one arguably much simpler job, and he didn't do that either.
Smyth tonight on 11:23 - Apr 10 with 1653 viewsCamberleyR

I wouldn't say so. With the mainly dogshit squad we have at the moment with non scoring strikers and a liability in goal, MC has managed 1.39 points a game. Playoffs would normally be just over 1.5 pts/game.

Stay up, two or three shrewd acquisitions and playoffs isn't out of the question IMO.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Smyth tonight on 11:59 - Apr 10 with 1477 viewsStanisgod

Apparently when he scored a reasonable amount for Orient he was played on the left, cutting in on his right foot.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Smyth tonight on 12:28 - Apr 10 with 1364 viewsYorkRanger

Smyth tonight on 07:26 - Apr 10 by Paddyhoops

Our biggest threat but better finishing last night and we were pretty much safe .
Lots of ifs and buts . Begovich deals with the corner so on so forth.
For all our faults we’re capable of getting 3 points from 12 .
Away form makes me confident against Hull, Preston could be out of the play picture, Leeds not as good as they think they are.
Coventry will be preparing for a cup final( I can dream) .
It’s in the bag.

If we can maintain our goal difference advantage its possible 2 draws will be enough. Would be nice if Cardiff could get a result tonight...
Smyth tonight on 12:34 - Apr 10 with 1327 viewsLazyFan

Smyth was our best player in that game.

Not only did he pose a threat, but he helped stopped Mumba, their LWB, using his pace against Dunne.
This was the reason behind Smyth's selection ahead of Willock for that game. Really clever by Marti as it worked.

However, it was noticeable that in the 2nd half when Marti moved Smyth over to RW, Mumba came inside and his shot at goal was saved which lead to the corner we conceded from.

If Smyth had stayed on the left, then Mumba does not get that shot off and we win 1-0. Big IF, but that is the learning from that game. We also learned that if Dunne is helped a little, then he can go up against very fast players in this league. Which then means as we did, we can use his height against the oppo, which of course leads to our goal.

Smyth and Dunne down the right could be a good combo. Like Cahir and Paal. Paal did not play great in that game, I suspect he's injured still. Fox was excellent.

zzzzzzzzzz

Smyth tonight on 12:45 - Apr 10 with 1275 viewsTheChef

Smyth tonight on 12:34 - Apr 10 by LazyFan

Not only did he pose a threat, but he helped stopped Mumba, their LWB, using his pace against Dunne.
This was the reason behind Smyth's selection ahead of Willock for that game. Really clever by Marti as it worked.

However, it was noticeable that in the 2nd half when Marti moved Smyth over to RW, Mumba came inside and his shot at goal was saved which lead to the corner we conceded from.

If Smyth had stayed on the left, then Mumba does not get that shot off and we win 1-0. Big IF, but that is the learning from that game. We also learned that if Dunne is helped a little, then he can go up against very fast players in this league. Which then means as we did, we can use his height against the oppo, which of course leads to our goal.

Smyth and Dunne down the right could be a good combo. Like Cahir and Paal. Paal did not play great in that game, I suspect he's injured still. Fox was excellent.

Re Dunne, yet again we had success from our corners deep to the back post for him to win in the air.

Surprised teams haven't caught on to it yet.

Unless of course Jimmy is the WINNER OF ALL BALLS IN THE AIR MONSTER, RAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Smyth tonight on 12:48 - Apr 10 with 1267 viewsLoyalitat

Smyth tonight on 11:59 - Apr 10 by Stanisgod

Apparently when he scored a reasonable amount for Orient he was played on the left, cutting in on his right foot.

That was league 2. He won't be afforded that opportunity in the championship to just cut in like that. He will need to show greater guile and technical ability with the football for it to work at this level.

The fleeting moments he has played on the left, he hasn't looked comfortable in my eyes.
Smyth tonight on 13:20 - Apr 10 with 1145 viewsParkRoyalR

Smyth tonight on 12:34 - Apr 10 by LazyFan

Good point, thought likewise, Cifuentes called that right as their LB looked very dangerous going forward and Smyth was very disciplined and helped Dunne nullify,

Swapping Smyth to Left opened the space up and would add when he cut inside Dunne on his right foot Cook holds his position too long for me and this is a weak-point / flaw we need to be mindful of in upcoming games.
Smyth tonight on 13:59 - Apr 10 with 1014 viewsQPunkR

He has a lot of pace and... and... errm?

I want to like him as he's industrious and comes across as likeable, but unfortunately he has next to no end delivery - shots, crosses and passes are all like a lottery with Smyth. On the odd occasion he might deliver a good cross or finish a chance you wouldn't expect, but most of the time he has zero composure.

And his constant diving really, really gets on my tits

QPR - "shit but local"

Smyth tonight on 14:07 - Apr 10 with 976 viewsdaveB

I thought he played well but has to take one of those chances, the second one I thought was further out last night but seeing the highlights its even worse
Smyth tonight on 14:34 - Apr 10 with 887 viewsgazza1

It really depends who we sign in the summer.....we have a good core here and a top off the field team.
Smyth tonight on 16:34 - Apr 10 with 703 viewsPdog

Whilst limited he can be somewhat effective at getting the team up there, gaining territory and winning corners / free-kicks in opposition final 3rd. A decent out-ball with his direct pace, usually, but still limited.
Smyth tonight on 16:41 - Apr 10 with 685 viewsLoyalitat

Smyth tonight on 13:59 - Apr 10 by QPunkR

He has a lot of pace and... and... errm?

I want to like him as he's industrious and comes across as likeable, but unfortunately he has next to no end delivery - shots, crosses and passes are all like a lottery with Smyth. On the odd occasion he might deliver a good cross or finish a chance you wouldn't expect, but most of the time he has zero composure.

And his constant diving really, really gets on my tits

Totally agree.

His constant diving, thumping of his fist on the ground, outstretched arms and petulant histrionics when the referee doesn't award a free-kick in his favour, are all rather tiresome. Him and Armstrong are pretty puerile in this regard
[Post edited 10 Apr 16:42]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024