Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
End game – Preview 08:35 - Apr 26 with 3714 viewsNorthernr

End game – Preview 26th Apr 2024 08:21
QPR need one result, in any one of a multitude of the remaining games, to secure their Championship safety - they get first swing at getting it for themselves tonight at home to Massive Leeds United. 2

End game – Preview on 09:39 - Apr 26 with 3433 viewskernowhoop

Great summing up, Clive.
Cannot help but think back to that win over Leeds in April 1976. A win was essential for Rangers to maintain the title challenge. I was standing at the Loftus Road end, with a friend who is a Sheffield Wednesday fan who, of course, disliked Leeds. I remember the lovely goal that Stan Bowles scored at the Loftus Road end. So I saw it? Well, not exactly. I saw him coming towards us and the noise left no one in any doubt about what had happened but, no, I didn't see the ball cross the line - too many heads and shoulders in the way. But, the atmosphere was wonderful - I hope that it is tonight. Another 2-0 is too much to hope for, but 1-0 would do very nicely.
End game – Preview on 10:16 - Apr 26 with 3276 viewsBrianMcCarthy

You picked the wrong season to read about The Curse of the Bambino!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

End game – Preview on 10:23 - Apr 26 with 3237 viewsNortholt_Rs

🙏🏻💙🤍💙🤍

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

End game – Preview on 10:47 - Apr 26 with 3112 viewsthehat

Geat preview Clive and some wonderful memories in there - I was fortunate (and old enough) to have been at them all. I remember the Stan Bowles goal as a young boy in SAR with my Dad and Uncle who are unfortunately not with us any more. The next generation will be there tonight though my kids and I will be screaming and shouting getting behind the boys.

As you say it's all we can do - See you on the other side!!

Come on you R'rrs
End game – Preview on 10:59 - Apr 26 with 3060 viewsrobith

I actually have it saved for easy access

End game – Preview on 11:05 - Apr 26 with 3022 viewsrobith

I also feel like taking the 50/1 on us to go down is a no brainer emotional hedge. If we stay up I'm thrilled and if we go down I can afford to go to Switzerland and end my life
End game – Preview on 11:27 - Apr 26 with 2932 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Please let it be Jennifer Lawrence.🙏❤️
End game – Preview on 12:42 - Apr 26 with 2640 viewsE15Hoop

End game – Preview on 09:39 - Apr 26 by kernowhoop

Great summing up, Clive.
Cannot help but think back to that win over Leeds in April 1976. A win was essential for Rangers to maintain the title challenge. I was standing at the Loftus Road end, with a friend who is a Sheffield Wednesday fan who, of course, disliked Leeds. I remember the lovely goal that Stan Bowles scored at the Loftus Road end. So I saw it? Well, not exactly. I saw him coming towards us and the noise left no one in any doubt about what had happened but, no, I didn't see the ball cross the line - too many heads and shoulders in the way. But, the atmosphere was wonderful - I hope that it is tonight. Another 2-0 is too much to hope for, but 1-0 would do very nicely.

I too am proudly of the '76 vintage, having made my Loftus Road debut as an over-excited 10 year-old the previous October. (1-1 home draw with Derby County., Phil Nutt the scorer, I can still see him heading it in now from my vantage point - if you can call it that - in the bowels of the Paddocks)

I remember the aftermath of the Leeds home game that season very well from seeing it on the Big Match, with the players venturing up to the top of the South Africa Road stand (or was it the Loft ?) Wherever it was, how joyous was the noise coming from there as Messrs. Webb and McLintock, shirtless by now, milked the love and applause, oblivious to the fact it would all end in anti-climactic tears just 10 days later.

Clive: I'm surprised you didn't mention the last day of 2010-11 and the famous "No Points Deduction" Darling Gianni screaming fit (complete with dance moves taught to him by our secret accomplice David "Red Light" Pleat). Given the end of season billing that famous day also had, and the fact we lost that game having taken an early lead, but ultimately the result didn't matter anyway or dampen the celebratory mood around the ground, I can see some kind of prescient relevance for that game tonight.
Login to get fewer ads

End game – Preview on 14:08 - Apr 26 with 2332 viewsenfieldargh

End game – Preview on 12:42 - Apr 26 by E15Hoop

I too am proudly of the '76 vintage, having made my Loftus Road debut as an over-excited 10 year-old the previous October. (1-1 home draw with Derby County., Phil Nutt the scorer, I can still see him heading it in now from my vantage point - if you can call it that - in the bowels of the Paddocks)

I remember the aftermath of the Leeds home game that season very well from seeing it on the Big Match, with the players venturing up to the top of the South Africa Road stand (or was it the Loft ?) Wherever it was, how joyous was the noise coming from there as Messrs. Webb and McLintock, shirtless by now, milked the love and applause, oblivious to the fact it would all end in anti-climactic tears just 10 days later.

Clive: I'm surprised you didn't mention the last day of 2010-11 and the famous "No Points Deduction" Darling Gianni screaming fit (complete with dance moves taught to him by our secret accomplice David "Red Light" Pleat). Given the end of season billing that famous day also had, and the fact we lost that game having taken an early lead, but ultimately the result didn't matter anyway or dampen the celebratory mood around the ground, I can see some kind of prescient relevance for that game tonight.

I also have been there for all those games, the 4-1 hammering leaving Leeds and Strachan totally bewildered at the final whistle.

Think we have played Leeds as our final home game on several occasions with things riding on it. 2010-2011 as mentioned and didn’t they get promoted here a few years later?

Loved Bamford’s broken Cello string

Will be watching from the sofa and probably from behind it

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

End game – Preview on 14:48 - Apr 26 with 2183 viewsMrSheen

End game – Preview on 14:08 - Apr 26 by enfieldargh

I also have been there for all those games, the 4-1 hammering leaving Leeds and Strachan totally bewildered at the final whistle.

Think we have played Leeds as our final home game on several occasions with things riding on it. 2010-2011 as mentioned and didn’t they get promoted here a few years later?

Loved Bamford’s broken Cello string

Will be watching from the sofa and probably from behind it

It would be lovely to think that a 4-1 lead would allow Albert and Ozzy to come on for the final minute. (not happening)
End game – Preview on 15:05 - Apr 26 with 2088 viewsderbyhoop

Great summary of the range of emotions "this stupid bloody football team" put us fans through.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

End game – Preview on 15:08 - Apr 26 with 2066 viewsNorthernr

End game – Preview on 12:42 - Apr 26 by E15Hoop

Well you may have inadvertently unmasked one of the potential match report intros there, should we lose and a result go for us tomorrow.
End game – Preview on 16:26 - Apr 26 with 1777 viewsE15Hoop

End game – Preview on 15:08 - Apr 26 by Northernr

Well you may have inadvertently unmasked one of the potential match report intros there, should we lose and a result go for us tomorrow.

Aha..! Oops..
End game – Preview on 16:31 - Apr 26 with 1749 viewsPaddyhoops

Let’s face it . We’d take a draw . 5 clear . Would take an extraordinary series of unfortunate events to put us down even with one to go.
Leeds have a lot more pressure on the game than we do.
Let’s roar them home regardless.
End game – Preview on 17:07 - Apr 26 with 1625 viewsknocker

Singing your praises Clive on Ipswich forum
End game – Preview on 18:25 - Apr 26 with 1381 viewsNoelmc

Great preview and I do love a flow chart 😀.
End game – Preview on 22:55 - Apr 26 with 1035 viewsMonkey_Roots

Thanks for everything Clive.
End game – Preview on 00:16 - Apr 27 with 848 viewsrobith

Well. That was a 90minute boner
End game – Preview on 00:26 - Apr 27 with 822 viewsMrSheen

End game – Preview on 14:48 - Apr 26 by MrSheen

It would be lovely to think that a 4-1 lead would allow Albert and Ozzy to come on for the final minute. (not happening)

Under-rated comment (if not completely accurate).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024