Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some of the oldtimers here 14:09 - Apr 28 with 3845 viewsE17hoop

Some of the people who have been on this board since the old Rivals days might remember my son - E17Jnr. He's now grown up and is going to be a Dad, making me a Granddad later this year.

For the grandparents here - is it much fun as everyone says?

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Some of the oldtimers here on 14:22 - Apr 28 with 2947 viewsngbqpr

Firstly, congrats.

Secondly...just over 5 months in as a grandad for me and it's everything you've heard and more. Watching the sheer wonder on my granddaughter's face at every new sight, sound, smell is priceless.

Enjoy!

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Some of the oldtimers here on 14:25 - Apr 28 with 2934 viewssuperstan

Yes grandchildren are fantastic, I’m 65 and have 3 granddaughters aged 18, 17 and 16 all QPR fans and a grandson of 9 who now supports Man City 😡😡.

With grandkids you seem to have more time for them and you spoil them without needing the discipline part.
Some of the oldtimers here on 14:30 - Apr 28 with 2913 viewsMalintabuk

Have 4 two older 24 and 18 and 2 younger boys 3 and 6 and they are a joy.
We unfortunately don't see them as much as we like as they live in London but they come down to us often, especially in the summer for the beach.
They get the same joy out of run from the waves, skipping a stone, digging a hole in the sand and eating an ice cream as their mums did.
As above you get all that and at the end of the day you get to hear mum I need.... and we just smile and good luck... they really are a joy
Some of the oldtimers here on 14:51 - Apr 28 with 2860 viewsdmm

Yes, being a grandparent is a delight and very different from being a parent of course. Seeing your grandchild for the first time is almost as mindblowing as seeing your own child for the first time. I was surprised by a feeling of immortality - that I'd live on through my grandchildren.

Perhaps the most challenging thing is not interfering with how the parents bring up their children. Everyone does it differently don't they?
Some of the oldtimers here on 15:08 - Apr 28 with 2798 viewsNorthantsHoop

We have 2 grandchildren, granddaughter aged 6 and grandson aged 4, they are a joy and we get to spend a lot of time with them helping out mum and dad with childcare two days a week as we both took early retirement. I spent most of my working life commuting to London so never really did the school run and pick ups with our daughters, but I now do this on a regular basis. A bit weird being called Granddad at first you still feel you are not at that age but you soon get used to it and realise the importance of being there for them.
Some of the oldtimers here on 15:14 - Apr 28 with 2761 viewsHarbour

It’s a joy I have 2 grandsons aged 18 months and 4 months. The 18 months one starting to talk proper sentences…you will love it..
Some of the oldtimers here on 15:15 - Apr 28 with 2750 viewsPunteR

I'm now in the grandparents club as of last month.
Its sooo much easier than being a parent. (Although that never stops)

Congrats E17hoop

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Some of the oldtimers here on 15:19 - Apr 28 with 2739 viewsloftboy

5/6 kids all started off at Loftus rd as youngsters , 4/6 are now parents!
Congratulations and enjoy being able to give them back at the end of the day.
My second eldest granddaughter has been to a few games , her dad is Lowerloftlad on here.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

Some of the oldtimers here on 15:28 - Apr 28 with 2714 viewsQPR_John

Have a granddaughter the love of my life. Yes there is nothing better than being a granddad.
[Post edited 28 Apr 15:42]
Some of the oldtimers here on 15:36 - Apr 28 with 2685 viewsW7Ranger

My twins that I (well, my missus!) had during the rivlas / .net days (I think) will be 20 in July! F*ck me!!
Some of the oldtimers here on 15:44 - Apr 28 with 2659 viewsHantsR

I love it - got 4, 2 of which are QPR avids and who have both had the 1st matchday experience at LR.

Have had lots of time with all of them from babies through toddlers to young children - 2 of which are now teenagers. Great to get to the stage from their first words to longer sentences, trying to satisfy inquisitive minds through enjoyable discussions.
Some of the oldtimers here on 15:45 - Apr 28 with 2657 viewsCOASTALHOOP

You’ll love it mate. The best bit? You can hand them back at the end of the day or when they need changing 🤣
Seriously though, I think it’s easier being a grandparent than a parent and I’m sure you’ll make a brilliant grandad. Some special times ahead for you. Sending all our best to you and the family.
Some of the oldtimers here on 17:31 - Apr 28 with 2473 viewsBoston

Entered the Grandad club last September. We see him every couple of days, he's as hilarious as my own three kids were at that age.
I think the difference is, as mentioned by others, you're not the parent, a level of responsibility has been removed, you're also older and probably more secure financially, so there isn't that 'edge of disaster' feeling many young parents experience.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Some of the oldtimers here on 18:06 - Apr 28 with 2395 viewsEsox_Lucius

Not that I am bessies with Methuselah or anything but we have 7 great grandchildren. Oldest grandchild is 35 now with two kids of her own and the others are all based in the US so we don't see them that much.

The grass is always greener.

Some of the oldtimers here on 19:56 - Apr 28 with 2302 viewsMarshy

I have an 11 year old granddaughter who is QPR mad. I have taken her to quite a few games over the years, and is now begging me to get her a season ticket for next season. I started to coach her from a young age, and she now plays for a local FA registered girls / ladies team. Her ambition is to play for QPR when she’s older.
Some of the oldtimers here on 21:35 - Apr 28 with 2209 viewsTonto

As an over 50 with a 4vyear old (boy we left it late... we've been married for 20 Years!) Be greatful you can give them back at the end of the day... or that you dont have to get involved in bath/bed time routines when the match is on.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Some of the oldtimers here on 12:14 - Apr 29 with 2020 viewsE17hoop

Some of the oldtimers here on 15:45 - Apr 28 by COASTALHOOP

You’ll love it mate. The best bit? You can hand them back at the end of the day or when they need changing 🤣
Seriously though, I think it’s easier being a grandparent than a parent and I’m sure you’ll make a brilliant grandad. Some special times ahead for you. Sending all our best to you and the family.

What's it they say, days drag and years race by. It seems like it was only a few months ago we were all upstairs in the Bushranger.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Some of the oldtimers here on 12:22 - Apr 29 with 1991 viewsRs_Holy

I have a 3-year-old grandson, and a granddaughter due in August ... It is a truly amazing feeling when they are born. I found it all a bit mind blowing tbh, the miracle of life etc.
The thing I have noticed is you love your grandkids as much as you love your own kids!!!, Congrats and Enjoy :)
Some of the oldtimers here on 13:17 - Apr 29 with 1897 viewsstevec

Some of the oldtimers here on 12:22 - Apr 29 by Rs_Holy

I have a 3-year-old grandson, and a granddaughter due in August ... It is a truly amazing feeling when they are born. I found it all a bit mind blowing tbh, the miracle of life etc.
The thing I have noticed is you love your grandkids as much as you love your own kids!!!, Congrats and Enjoy :)

Blimey, so have I !

Guarantee you’ll always sleep well after a day looking after a grandchild. Only 3 and he’s already taking the Mickey out of me getting out of a chair. Bit like your own kids, they grow up so fast, enjoy all the time you get with them.
Some of the oldtimers here on 14:55 - Apr 29 with 1778 views100percent

Congratulations mate - mad to think that it was 21 years ago that we took the 'cake coach' to Cardiff for the play off final....
My eldest son had a grand daughter this time last year, and my youngest son is due this week... Still can't quite come to terms with being old enough to be a grand dad!!
It's all fun though - I love it and my grand daughter is an absolute dream.
I can't wait to start bringing them to the Upper Loft.... they are all due their punishment in life!!
Some of the oldtimers here on 15:14 - Apr 29 with 1719 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Congrats E17!

Do your job. Lots of Hooped gear needed asap!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Some of the oldtimers here on 16:02 - Apr 29 with 1658 viewsStanisgod

The are brilliant, got one girl 9 and one boy 12.
Plus you get to give them back !

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Some of the oldtimers here on 17:16 - Apr 29 with 1543 viewsAddinall

Some of the oldtimers here on 18:06 - Apr 28 by Esox_Lucius

Not that I am bessies with Methuselah or anything but we have 7 great grandchildren. Oldest grandchild is 35 now with two kids of her own and the others are all based in the US so we don't see them that much.

I have three great grandchildren one of which will be an R. The other two unfortunately have a hammer for their dad.
Some of the oldtimers here on 17:21 - Apr 29 with 1518 viewsted_hendrix

Two Granddaughter's gonna meet up with them this coming bank holiday Monday.
Six and Ten years old, wouldn't swop them for anything.
Its when they say nothing but smile at you, that's when It gets you.
They are so precious.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Some of the oldtimers here on 17:35 - Apr 29 with 1456 viewsstevenagehoop

Some of the oldtimers here on 12:14 - Apr 29 by E17hoop

What's it they say, days drag and years race by. It seems like it was only a few months ago we were all upstairs in the Bushranger.

Well over a dozen years ago at least one of the traditional Rangers pubs

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024