Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion 09:53 - Sep 7 with 29319 viewsToast_R

Just read this on the Away Days article, made me laugh.

I'm 31 and don't have a problem with seeing anyone in a replica, young, old male or female....

Although I have to agree on the comment about faded old replicas that should have been put out to pasture years ago. I've seen the same bloke a few times wearing the early 90's Clubhouse CSF one, (mine fell apart by about 1995) that was shit then, let alone 17 years on...

Now if I see a middle aged fat balding tatooed, wife beating, Stella drinking Chelsea bastard, (in abundance where I live),that does make me cringe on behalf of civilisation.

40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 13:51 - Apr 11 with 3512 viewsstonebridgers

As someone whose birthday is in August I normally get a top as a present from my children via Mrs Stonebridge (put the joke in about getting the shirt in November they way the clubshop is run) but I told them not to bother with the boutique badge. Also people mentioned about names and numbers on the back but we have in the past got shirts with peoples names and age on the back for special birthdays (21, 40, 50 etc) so have not got a problem with that.
The full shirt, shorts and socks is rather creepy on anyone over 16 that has not been playing.

Stonebridgers

40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 14:09 - Apr 11 with 3481 viewsToast_R

40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 12:25 - Apr 11 by DaiHo0p

Why has no one picked up that twenty on the floor?

The geezer on the right it too busy with his jumbo lollypop?
40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 14:17 - Apr 11 with 3467 viewsNW10Hoop

I'm rapidly approaching 40, but I think the retro QPR shirts look great. I wear one to games and love it when the ground has loads of blue and white on display in the warmer weather.
40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 16:19 - Apr 11 with 3381 viewsLythamR

"Rapidly approaching 40"

LOL . if you think you are approaching it rapidly just wait and see how fast you leave it behind! :)

I think replica shirts are fine, Matches, Holidays etc. Full kit apart from on a pitch is questionable for anyone over 14
40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 21:47 - Apr 11 with 3286 viewsslranger40

I'm old. Got a 1967 one the other day. Its (unsurprisingly) built for athletes. Selling on ebay for £5000.

+ 40 = no to replicas
40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 21:55 - Apr 11 with 3283 viewsDannytheR

45, haven't bought the shirt for a few seasons, always fancied one of the '82 Cup final hooped tracktops, but feared I might look a nob.

Dismayed to find the last time I tried on my favourite replica shirt from the actual time - the '95 Compaq one — that the gut I've developed since made it look like what I believe is known among teenage girls as a "midriff top." Thank God I decided against the navel piercing.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2017 21:56]
40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 21:18 - Apr 13 with 3073 viewsRebalhoop

40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 21:55 - Apr 11 by DannytheR

45, haven't bought the shirt for a few seasons, always fancied one of the '82 Cup final hooped tracktops, but feared I might look a nob.

Dismayed to find the last time I tried on my favourite replica shirt from the actual time - the '95 Compaq one — that the gut I've developed since made it look like what I believe is known among teenage girls as a "midriff top." Thank God I decided against the navel piercing.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2017 21:56]

Can't see the problem,well over 50,well overweight,I wear the Hoops everywhere,get loads of "you R,s" agreed full kit no,no,no
40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 11:11 - Apr 14 with 2999 viewsDavieQPR

40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 12:25 - Apr 11 by DaiHo0p

Why has no one picked up that twenty on the floor?

Cos it's not in anyones pocket.
I'm 68 and wear the shirt but my Ian Dowie signed shirt,which was an unwanted raffle prize,stays firmly hidden away.
Login to get fewer ads

40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 11:45 - Apr 14 with 2972 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

My missus has take up quilting and is currently turning all my old kits and flags and the like into cushions.

Triffic.
40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 13:04 - Apr 14 with 2932 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I did wear an Arkwright's original to the play off game. Before that, I can only recall three times wearing colours, and they were in in the 80s and each occasion was at Wembley. I did run marathons in Hoops but as for match days, in general, not for me.

But then when I got married, I had a suit made and had 'Queens Park Rangers' sewn into the lining and arguably, that was my biggest match day!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 17:40 - Apr 26 with 2777 viewsHayesender

What's the thing with middle aged men sitting in the front row of the snooker wearing their teams top?

Someone needs to tell em how fcking ridiculous they look

Poll: Shamima Beghum

40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 20:35 - Apr 26 with 2664 viewsToast_R

So this Friday its wear a football shirt day. Donate £2 to Cancer research which I think we can all agree, is thoroughly important.

http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/support-us/become-a-partner/our-charity-partners

So you can look a Bellend in a replica slowly appraching 40 - a bit like me... or cool in a classic retro top but whatever you decide, you have a great excuse. £2 donation.
40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 23:04 - Apr 26 with 2603 viewsDraytonR

I'm 50 and still look forward to the kit launch every season and wearing the shirt on the 1st day of the season if they're on sale by then ! I usually only wear the home shirt to games and I do like to see a sea of blue and white hoops . It's always a good laugh when your abroad on your hols to get the shirt on and plant yourself in the middle of a bunch of Northern monkeys . But grown men in the full kit is an epic fail in my opinion .
40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 07:52 - Apr 27 with 2510 viewsMoonshineSteve

49, just ordered my shirt in the end of season sale. Don't wear them much, around the house, holidays, whenever we're at Wembley (!). Like to have them though.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 12:36 - Apr 27 with 2439 viewsGloucs_R

40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 07:52 - Apr 27 by MoonshineSteve

49, just ordered my shirt in the end of season sale. Don't wear them much, around the house, holidays, whenever we're at Wembley (!). Like to have them though.

Just done the same for me and the kids....like the fact the kids ones dont have a sponsor so wont age as quickly.

Poll: Are we staying up?

40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 12:54 - Apr 27 with 2423 viewsHayesender

40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 23:04 - Apr 26 by DraytonR

I'm 50 and still look forward to the kit launch every season and wearing the shirt on the 1st day of the season if they're on sale by then ! I usually only wear the home shirt to games and I do like to see a sea of blue and white hoops . It's always a good laugh when your abroad on your hols to get the shirt on and plant yourself in the middle of a bunch of Northern monkeys . But grown men in the full kit is an epic fail in my opinion .

Try and Wear something QPR related everyday when abroad to dilute the stench of Leeds fans. Those fckers are everywhere

Poll: Shamima Beghum

40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 08:00 - Jul 14 with 1868 viewsBluce_Ree

Having to break my own rule this morning.

My local Park Run is doing a football themed run today. They've put out the message for people to wear footie shirts and as I'm over 200 miles from HQ I figure I might as well put the hoops on. When I get there though.

During the heatwave I've seen two Liverpool full cit kunts. One of them had 'Callum 18' on the back. Of course your name is Callum.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion (n/t) on 09:58 - Jul 14 with 1740 viewspeejaybee

40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion (n/t) on 19:34 - Jul 30 by dubaistu

http://i.imgur.com/HpigHvu.jpg?1
[Post edited 30 Jul 2013 19:38]

Who does he play for.????????????????????

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 11:24 - Jul 14 with 1674 viewssmegma

Anyone wearing a nylon shirt needs certifying
40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 12:05 - Jul 14 with 1644 viewsEsox_Lucius

40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 19:56 - Sep 13 by Pommyhoop

QUALITY...

Cant wait to be a Grandad.Got a cute little fez ready..
[Post edited 13 Sep 2013 20:14]

Donald Trump?

The grass is always greener.

40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 12:21 - Jul 14 with 1635 viewsEsox_Lucius

My first QPR shirt was a white one worn by Les Allen which the kit manager gave to me after a game when the changing rooms were in Ellerslie Road. Later that season he also gave me a Rodney Marsh hooped shirt which I wore with the sleeves rolled up and the shirt tucked in, because it was way too big for an 11 year old, until it fell apart on me. My next ones after that period was the Adidas Guinness shirts, one with red trim and one with blue trim which I still have, and they still fit LOL. I have around 35-40 QPR replica shirts,including the 1967 commemorative one, in both home and away flavours and I wear them whenever I feel like it. I always pack a few different ones when I go on holiday as it would be rude not to advertise LOL. One of my favourites is the Dry World "Frazzles" shirt, I often wear that as a casual top all times of the year. For reference I am a Medium in most shirts but have a couple in Large depending on the manufacturer over the years.
Smegma; have you tried wearing sports clothes manufactured in a Dri-Fit style material? They are very comfortable to wear and they really do work well at wicking sweat away.

The grass is always greener.

40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 12:29 - Jul 14 with 1626 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I cant believe this thread is 5 years old! I remember posting on it.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024