Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where is the missing Moroccan? 00:31 - Sep 26 with 2961 viewsNorthernr

Chris King wonders what Adel Taarabt has done to earn his latest banishment from the QPR first team.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/fb_news.php?storyid=1823
Where is the missing Moroccan? on 01:31 - Sep 26 with 2410 viewsDylanP

Are we witnessing the start of a new tradition at QPR; start every season by inexplicably underplaying Taarabt? Then, as the season gets going and injuries mount, start playing him, several games of "getting the rust out", then finally he clicks into form, everyone praises his new maturity and work rate and general all-round footballing noggin. Only to start the season again with him inexplicably underutilized.

I really don't get it. I understand that he had a poor game against Swansea. But he is an attacking midfielder and there are at least 7 players behind him (goalie, 4 defenders, and two defensive midfielders) who are at least as responsible for that debacle as Taarabt.

At the end of last season Hughes was tripping over himself to talk about how improved Taarabt was defensively and how his workrate had improved, etc. And now, 5 games in and he doesn't even justify a spot on the bench. I find it hard to believe the talk that he is injured, considering he hasn't actually been playing any football.

I understand that he might not be start every game, considering Hoilett, Park, SWP and Mackie all also fulfill the attacking midfielder role. However, I would think the footballing genius that we have seen from him would at the very least justify a place on the bench!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Where is the missing Moroccan? on 02:08 - Sep 26 with 2396 viewsNov77

Where is the missing Moroccan? on 01:31 - Sep 26 by DylanP

Are we witnessing the start of a new tradition at QPR; start every season by inexplicably underplaying Taarabt? Then, as the season gets going and injuries mount, start playing him, several games of "getting the rust out", then finally he clicks into form, everyone praises his new maturity and work rate and general all-round footballing noggin. Only to start the season again with him inexplicably underutilized.

I really don't get it. I understand that he had a poor game against Swansea. But he is an attacking midfielder and there are at least 7 players behind him (goalie, 4 defenders, and two defensive midfielders) who are at least as responsible for that debacle as Taarabt.

At the end of last season Hughes was tripping over himself to talk about how improved Taarabt was defensively and how his workrate had improved, etc. And now, 5 games in and he doesn't even justify a spot on the bench. I find it hard to believe the talk that he is injured, considering he hasn't actually been playing any football.

I understand that he might not be start every game, considering Hoilett, Park, SWP and Mackie all also fulfill the attacking midfielder role. However, I would think the footballing genius that we have seen from him would at the very least justify a place on the bench!

He didn't have a poor game against Swansea, he was the best player on the pitch first half.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Where is the missing Moroccan? on 02:17 - Sep 26 with 2391 viewsDylanP

Where is the missing Moroccan? on 02:08 - Sep 26 by Nov77

He didn't have a poor game against Swansea, he was the best player on the pitch first half.

I agree, but that really isn't my point.

Some have argued that he was poor defensively in that game. I was just saying that even if you accept the argument that he was poor defensively in that game, then there were at least 7 other players who had more defensive responsibilities than Adel.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Where is the missing Moroccan? on 06:30 - Sep 26 with 2328 viewsSmartRs

I thought he's been injured, that's why he hasn't been selected?
Where is the missing Moroccan? on 07:58 - Sep 26 with 2246 viewsWrightUp5hit___

trequartista

Ooooh Clive!
Where is the missing Moroccan? on 08:20 - Sep 26 with 2217 viewsdoogi55

he is injured
Where is the missing Moroccan? on 08:28 - Sep 26 with 2204 viewswombat

Where is the missing Moroccan? on 08:20 - Sep 26 by doogi55

he is injured

is he ? havent seen anything on the offy to say hes injured

same with traore he seems have fallen from the face of the planet ?

injured of have they done something wrong and MH is punishing them

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Where is the missing Moroccan? on 08:34 - Sep 26 with 2198 viewsdoogi55

thats was why he was out sunday muscle strain
Login to get fewer ads

Where is the missing Moroccan? on 08:46 - Sep 26 with 2171 viewsdaveB

Hughes has spoken about Adel several times this season, he was left off the bench at Man City as Hughes wanted more defensive cover and he pulled up with a slight strain in training last Friday so missed the Spurs game, he's probably going to play tonight
Where is the missing Moroccan? on 08:51 - Sep 26 with 2160 viewsingeminate

Miss watching him and cannot believe he doesn't offer more than Hoilett, Mackie, SWP.

I really want to see him the same team as Granero/Faurlin too to see if he can become the front piece of the triangle.

At home I'd like to see Granero/Faurlin in the middle, Hoilett/Park on the wings and Taarabt/Cisse up front.

Harsh on Zamorra who has been excellent, but I think if the team I mentioned clicked it could be different world.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Where is the missing Moroccan? on 08:56 - Sep 26 with 2150 viewsbosh67

Leg injury. He's only just getting fit.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Where is the missing Moroccan? on 09:14 - Sep 26 with 2123 viewsTW_R

Where is the missing Moroccan? on 08:56 - Sep 26 by bosh67

Leg injury. He's only just getting fit.

Nothing to do with injury according to this.

Taraabt must bide his time:-

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/09/26/3403086/-
Where is the missing Moroccan? on 09:39 - Sep 26 with 2081 viewsNorthernr

Where is the missing Moroccan? on 07:58 - Sep 26 by WrightUp5hit___

trequartista

Ooooh Clive!

Not my article, or my word!
Where is the missing Moroccan? on 10:07 - Sep 26 with 2029 viewsJamie

IF Diakite comes back at the level he was, and it has to be an IF, then Taarabt is fighting Granero for the place behind the striker imo.
Where is the missing Moroccan? on 10:33 - Sep 26 with 2001 viewsPhilmyRs

Where is the missing Moroccan? on 10:07 - Sep 26 by Jamie

IF Diakite comes back at the level he was, and it has to be an IF, then Taarabt is fighting Granero for the place behind the striker imo.

Last season Taarabt did his best work on the wing, predominantly when Zamora was leading the line on his own. Some of his performance in a 4-4-2 (on the wing) even led some on this board to back track on claims that he couldn't play as part of a 4-4-2.I don't think he's fighting it out with Granero.

Zamora

Adel Hoilet

Park/Diakite Faulin Granero

or

Cisse Zamora

Adel Granero Faulin Park

I think there's still a role for Adel, hopefully this competition brings out the best in him and he makes it impossible for Hughes to ignore. The worry is he didn't manage this at Spurs but for me he's a better player now.
Where is the missing Moroccan? on 10:51 - Sep 26 with 1972 viewsJamie

Park will play if fit. IMO long term its Park & Hoilett out wide, Diakite & Faurlin holding and Granero in behind the striker.
Where is the missing Moroccan? on 11:03 - Sep 26 with 1949 viewsbosh67

Where is the missing Moroccan? on 09:14 - Sep 26 by TW_R

Nothing to do with injury according to this.

Taraabt must bide his time:-

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/09/26/3403086/-

Not on the offish that though. Last I heard he had several problems with his leg after a knock he picked up in training some weeks ago. His absence from the squad has been down to injury. Granted his first team place is not assured these days but his absence has been injury related and not to do with his temperament.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Where is the missing Moroccan? on 11:08 - Sep 26 with 1938 viewsTacticalR

Where is the missing Moroccan? on 07:58 - Sep 26 by WrightUp5hit___

trequartista

Ooooh Clive!

Some of my best friends are trequartistas.

Air hostess clique

Where is the missing Moroccan? on 11:22 - Sep 26 with 1903 viewsJamie

Where is the missing Moroccan? on 11:03 - Sep 26 by bosh67

Not on the offish that though. Last I heard he had several problems with his leg after a knock he picked up in training some weeks ago. His absence from the squad has been down to injury. Granted his first team place is not assured these days but his absence has been injury related and not to do with his temperament.

He was on the bench at Norwich & Chelsea, didnt make the bench for City in Hughes' words and injured for Spurs. If he has been carrying an injury it must've been pretty slight to be in the 20 man squads for City & Chelsea.
Where is the missing Moroccan? on 11:33 - Sep 26 with 1873 viewsQPunkR

I smell a cover-up!

QPR - "shit but local"

Where is the missing Moroccan? on 11:38 - Sep 26 with 1862 viewsdaveB

Where is the missing Moroccan? on 11:22 - Sep 26 by Jamie

He was on the bench at Norwich & Chelsea, didnt make the bench for City in Hughes' words and injured for Spurs. If he has been carrying an injury it must've been pretty slight to be in the 20 man squads for City & Chelsea.

he got injured in training on Friday which is why he was fine for Chelsea the week before. I'm not sure why we always have to have some sort of conspiracy theory when players don't play for a few weeks.

Personally I don't think gramero will play behind the main striker, he's far better playing where he is now, i'd go with Park on the right, Taarabt on the left and Hoilett in the hole.
Where is the missing Moroccan? on 11:41 - Sep 26 with 1850 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Where is the missing Moroccan? on 11:22 - Sep 26 by Jamie

Has sounded like a diplomatic injury to me. The sort of niggle that players play with if their managers definitely want them in the side. Otherwise a handy excuse to avoid the media keep asking questions and upsetting everyone, especially the player.
Where is the missing Moroccan? on 11:44 - Sep 26 with 1838 viewsDesertBoot

Where is the missing Moroccan? on 02:17 - Sep 26 by DylanP

Some have argued that he was poor defensively in that game. I was just saying that even if you accept the argument that he was poor defensively in that game, then there were at least 7 other players who had more defensive responsibilities than Adel.

The whole midfield was a sham. Taarabt was the one player who actually played anywhere near his capabilities.
I'd love to see him play tonight and rip Reading apart.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Where is the missing Moroccan? on 11:45 - Sep 26 with 1838 viewsNorthernr

Where is the missing Moroccan? on 11:38 - Sep 26 by daveB

he got injured in training on Friday which is why he was fine for Chelsea the week before. I'm not sure why we always have to have some sort of conspiracy theory when players don't play for a few weeks.

Personally I don't think gramero will play behind the main striker, he's far better playing where he is now, i'd go with Park on the right, Taarabt on the left and Hoilett in the hole.

Where is the missing Moroccan? on 12:10 - Sep 26 with 1794 viewswestolian

Where is the missing Moroccan? on 02:17 - Sep 26 by DylanP

"I understand that he had a poor game against Swansea"

So, in a nutshell, you understand he had a bad game, then someone says he didn't and you agree, but still insist on making a hypothetical point about accepting that he did have a bad game !

Is that posting for the sake of posting ? Genuine question.

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024