Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
6pts from safety 17:58 - Feb 2 with 8018 viewsPizanti

the fat lady is singing! ...it's all over ...missed a great chance today ...just got nothing in the final third ...must win home game and starting with no centre forward ...dear oh dear ...Harry's still the man but I just don't get it!
6pts from safety on 18:02 - Feb 2 with 6508 viewsted_hendrix

HR said on the radio that BZ can only last 45 minutes due to his injury.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

6pts from safety on 18:05 - Feb 2 with 6495 viewskropotkin41

Harry explains the centre forward issue in the post-match.

I'll admit that Harry looked glum, I think we needed a break today. Not sure the performance warrants the gloom on here though.

It would be really interesting to review some of the posts froom last season when we were stuck on around 20 points for an eternity and had the run-in from Hell to look forward to.

We have a solid team, unbeaten in 2013 (in the league) and we need to reach, probably, 37 -40 points. I wouldn't want to minimise the depth of the sh*t we are in, but putting some wins together is definitely not beyond this team.

Let's say, by some miracle, we win at Swansea next week and get a draw against MUFC............ well, my point is that it won't take much to close the gap again. The fat lady is definitely getting ready to make her entrance, but let's not run up the white flag quite yet.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

6pts from safety on 18:06 - Feb 2 with 6489 viewsstuabd

6pts from safety on 18:02 - Feb 2 by ted_hendrix

HR said on the radio that BZ can only last 45 minutes due to his injury.

Wish he'd played the first half. We might have scored and then he could have come off. Hindsight mmmm.
6pts from safety on 18:55 - Feb 2 with 6375 viewsTGRRRSSS

You can't blame Harry for where we are, he only arrived in Dec or whenever it was, he's brought in or had brought in 2 or 3 players but we've also lost Ryan Nelseon (Big loss I fear)
He's doing his best with what he's got and already the star striker they bought him is bloody injured.
How many goals have we scored all season and then say what else can Harry do?
Especially when you miss a pen which confirmed to me we wouldn't win today.
We had a very good January really and got at least 5 points from games I thought we'd lose.
6pts from safety on 18:58 - Feb 2 with 6361 viewskensalriser

Samba will turn out to be better than Nelsen, I think. Bigger goal threat too.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

6pts from safety on 18:59 - Feb 2 with 6351 viewsTGRRRSSS

6pts from safety on 18:58 - Feb 2 by kensalriser

Samba will turn out to be better than Nelsen, I think. Bigger goal threat too.

Yes but having both of them would have been a benefit, also Nelson for his leadership around the club would have helped alongside having Samba.
6pts from safety on 19:09 - Feb 2 with 6316 viewsPizanti

Today has confirmed it for me ...what a pisser of a day ...had high hopes of finishing the day 1pt from safety and ended it 6pts!

Penalty miss, star striker out for a month ....can it get any worse?
6pts from safety on 21:26 - Feb 2 with 6197 viewsAntti_Heinola

we're down.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

6pts from safety on 22:05 - Feb 2 with 6126 viewsBushman

Pizanti it's 4 points.

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

6pts from safety on 22:34 - Feb 2 with 6069 viewsSuffolk

I share the concerns of all that post but we still have cause for optimism. 3 players made their debut today and all hit the ground running. Of the 3 debutants only one was match fit. We have some genuinley world class players; Cesar, Samba and Taarabt would walk into most Champions League teams let alone Premier League. We are able to field a team with everybody playing their natural position for the first time since our return to the Premier League. The confidence in our new found ability to defend enabled us to press forward (tentatively I acknowledge). We have a squad that on paper compares favourably with most in the league. When fit our strike force of Remy and Zamora will cause any defence in the league problems. In Harry Redknapp we have one of the best managers within the modern game and in Loftus Road one of the most intimidating of stadiums.

We will get better. Wins will come. Two things stand in the way of our Premier League survival - time and negativity.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
6pts from safety on 22:41 - Feb 2 with 6049 viewsPizanti

6pts from safety on 22:05 - Feb 2 by Bushman

Pizanti it's 4 points.

Fark me you got my hopes up there ...then I rechecked the table cursing my poor maths and realised it is 6pts!
6pts from safety on 04:09 - Feb 3 with 5928 viewsRobbyQPR

6pts from safety on 22:41 - Feb 2 by Pizanti

Fark me you got my hopes up there ...then I rechecked the table cursing my poor maths and realised it is 6pts!

why do sky and BBC sites say we are 8 points from safety?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/table
http://www1.skysports.com/football/competitions/premier-league

if thats true, then there is no way on earth we can pull that back. we would need 4 wins on the bounce to stand any chance.

i also thought to get it to just 1 point or even 3 wouldnt be so bad but i think everything went against us today.
6pts from safety on 04:11 - Feb 3 with 5925 viewsRobbyQPR

6pts from safety on 04:09 - Feb 3 by RobbyQPR

if thats true, then there is no way on earth we can pull that back. we would need 4 wins on the bounce to stand any chance.

i also thought to get it to just 1 point or even 3 wouldnt be so bad but i think everything went against us today.

this table says 6 points from safety
http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/league-table.html
how th fk can bbc and sky macke such a bllx of that

still 6 points is a tough ask. today we should of won.
6pts from safety on 06:20 - Feb 3 with 5895 viewsthemodfather

6pts from safety on 04:11 - Feb 3 by RobbyQPR

this table says 6 points from safety
http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/league-table.html
how th fk can bbc and sky macke such a bllx of that

still 6 points is a tough ask. today we should of won.

we had to win these Winnable" games....next week is "It" as we go to swansea and face a team in their biggest game in their history, a final....hopefully it's on their minds and we can em asleep.
norwich was meant to be winnable and at home.
6pts from safety on 07:12 - Feb 3 with 5876 viewsdaveB

We had the same this time last year when we lost to Wolves, all over we're doomed etc and we got out of it. It's going to be tough and Remy being out is a massive blow but I still think we'll stay up. We never beat Norwich, I'm not sure why everyone seemed so sure we'd win yesterday
6pts from safety on 07:55 - Feb 3 with 5858 viewsDejR_vu

The problem this year is that the teams immediately outside of the relegation zone that we might realistically hope to catch (Reading and Southampton) appear to be confident and are picking up points regularly. So we might make up groung on Vill and maybe Wigan, but we're leaving too much to do to escape.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

6pts from safety on 09:21 - Feb 3 with 5804 viewskropotkin41

6pts from safety on 07:55 - Feb 3 by DejR_vu

The problem this year is that the teams immediately outside of the relegation zone that we might realistically hope to catch (Reading and Southampton) appear to be confident and are picking up points regularly. So we might make up groung on Vill and maybe Wigan, but we're leaving too much to do to escape.

It may be that this season turns out to be one of those with a high total required to avoid relegation, if so then you are right, we have far too much ground to catch up. If, however, the required total is about the same as usual, it would mean that one or two teams will have to go on a pretty bad run (less than a point a game) - not sure who it might be because, as you say, at the moment teams above us have a lot of momentum.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

6pts from safety on 12:23 - Feb 3 with 5739 viewspomanjou

6pts from safety on 04:09 - Feb 3 by RobbyQPR

There is only two teams we definitely cannot catch, every other is up for grabs.

The potential is 56 points.

The more winnable games start in a couple of weeks or so. The new boys will then be bedded in and practised and we could well go on a winning streak. Try and stay in touch with reality.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

6pts from safety on 12:30 - Feb 3 with 5724 viewsjonno

Up until yesterday I thought we were in with a decent chance. But with our striker situation and failing to beat a poor Norwich side (we wasted the first half yesterday)
I think it's now very unlikely I'm afraid.
6pts from safety on 14:42 - Feb 3 with 5668 viewsSuffolk

We need at least 3 points from our next two games to keep out survival hopes alive IMO. A tall order.
6pts from safety on 15:35 - Feb 3 with 5623 viewstoreqpr

We need at least 21 p from 13 matches.Cant see us winning 7 until the end of season.Arry and his staff has used time at Harlington stiffing up defence.That was much needed.Now we have to start to see what we can do with the ball offensivly.So far weve given the ball to Adel,"let see what the boy can do".The problem is he does not spot passes and areas.Other teams put 2-3 players on Adel.Must be possible to exploit this.I`m sure we now will start to adress our offensive play .This surly will take more time than setting the defence right.Cant see us getting enough points on the board.I hope I`m wrong.Back to Adel:when he never releases the ball going forward he discourages other players to make that 40 yard surging run.Enigma,maverick, what ever, he need to mix up his play .That would put a new dimension into his and our play.
6pts from safety on 16:20 - Feb 3 with 5580 viewsSuffolk

The Swansea game is a massive game for us. Apart from the 3 points a look at next week's fixtures would suggest that the bottom 7 all have tough games (Villa have arguably the easiest game at home to West Ham). Only a few if any will walk away with 3 points. If we could pick up 3 points we would close the gap significantly on those in the dog fight above us.
6pts from safety on 16:47 - Feb 3 with 5528 viewshoof_hearted

We have to play them all. Beating them is the way west at up.
End of.
6pts from safety on 17:09 - Feb 3 with 5493 views0hwestlondon

6pts is a big ask but with three points for a win its not beyond us, today i was looking at the tables from other leagues, got to league one and see that crawley town are 14th and six points off the play offs, my first thought was that they could still make the play offs, then i thought hold up i'm thinking that of a team i dont support but dont think my own team can claw back 6pts, so i'm now thinking yeah we can claw that back, i know its prem and league 1 but the principle is the same, we can do it, hard work and belief is what we need, and as old Roy Castle used to say dedication, COME ON YOU R'S.
6pts from safety on 18:04 - Feb 3 with 5434 viewsRobbyQPR

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/premier-league/ now the BBC are saying that Spurs beat QPR today.. are they on drugs or what. they messed up the league table yesterday
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024