Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jaded with supporting Rangers...? 13:57 - May 7 with 1396 viewscoolranger

Just wondered how many others out there are so punch drunk with what they have had to endure this season (for me ONE win and twelve goals in eighteen games), that the thought of committing to a season ticket for next season now fills them with total ambivalence?

Five of us in a cluster in the Ellerslie Road stand and three have already said no, they'll pick their games next season.

Perhaps I just need some time away from Loftus Road to renew my enthusiasm for Rangers? But right now I feel like I'm more likely to just pick ten games and see how the season develops, rather than commit once again to a season ticket which makes you feel compelled to get to a freezing Tuesday home game with Yeovil Town.

Sound familiar to anyone?

Jaded with supporting Rangers...? on 15:39 - May 7 with 1333 viewsStanisgod

Not sure about S.T. yet, depends on prices. As I've said before Stan jnr giving this season a miss anyway due to a little one arriving, plus it's going to be a bit weird going alone after having him with me for the last 20 years !

I've no doubt I'll buckle in the end but if I pick and choose I'll catch a few Hendon away games as the way they finished the second half of the season after being bottom at one stage, could be good for next year. Living in Basildon I can catch them at about 7 local clubs, Canvey,Thurrock, Concorde Rangers plus Billericay were relegated etc

Proper football

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Jaded with supporting Rangers...? on 15:47 - May 7 with 1315 viewsN12Hoop

Would be nice to win a few games, but far more interesting to support us then virtually any other team. Always lots surrrounding the club, never boring.ANd we've won more trophies inthe last 3 years then nearly ever other club!!!

No question about renewing and everyone around me on Sat said the same thing. However, I'll pick and choose a bit this season since I get enough agg at home going to 19 games, 23 is pushing it a bit

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Jaded with supporting Rangers...? on 16:19 - May 7 with 1275 viewsdaveB

I'm quite excited about next season, I like what i've heard from Fernandes in the last week and if he delivers on what he is saying I think it could be a good few years ahead for us.
Jaded with supporting Rangers...? on 16:40 - May 7 with 1236 viewsToast_R

I'm going to struggle to re-new for next season for a few reasons, the main one being right now I'm struggling to be arsed to turn up. Didn't bother Saturday and didnt miss it at all.

Expense aswell, getting married in summer and have a hefty honeymoon bill to pay for in time for September where I'll miss a couple of games anyway.

I think it may have to be a membership for me next season and pick and choose. Depending on how we do I might opt for the half season deal if there is one after xmas.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Jaded with supporting Rangers...? on 16:49 - May 7 with 1215 viewsbatmanhoop

not going to renew basically because of the distance and number of mid-week games, no fun getting home 3 in the morning, like others pick and choose
Jaded with supporting Rangers...? on 17:04 - May 7 with 1187 viewsstuabd

For me I just want to give them a clean slate in the sense that I've had enough of the nonsense coming out of the club. The stories about players are just getting a bit too much.

I'm looking forward to the summer break. I really hope we get a good atmosphere amongst the squad and that we get some fighters on the pitch who care about winning. We need a few bad losers in this squad. By that I don't mean the Barton lash-out types, just people who really want to be on the winning side.

I think watching some of the Champs matches and the Brentford game freshened me up a bit so hopefully TF and HR can do a good job over the summer and we'll have a side that we're proud of.

Jaded with supporting Rangers...? on 18:07 - May 7 with 1142 viewsJuzzie

As long as the price is OK, I'll renew. I work 3 miles from the ground and live 7 miles away so weekend or midweek games not a problem.

Sure, feeling a bit low like everyone else but as long as we still have a club to support, I'll do my best.

Jaded with supporting Rangers...? on 18:16 - May 7 with 1120 viewskropotkin41

I hope to go to a decent number of games next season - the first season that this will be possible for me in years............

The only game I made it to one of our glorious Premiership games - took my older son to see us get battered at Swansea! So whilst I am feeling a bit down about the Rs, my enthusiasm for games remains pretty much undimmed.........

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Login to get fewer ads

Jaded with supporting Rangers...? on 18:22 - May 7 with 1113 views100percent

To be honest, I'm more jaded with the nonsense that comes out of this board than the team - at least the mercenaries that currently play for the team will soon disappear to the next sinking ship.
people on here need to get a reality slap around the face - we've had a lot worse seasons than this and I'm sure in my lifetime we will see both better - and worse than this sad bunch.
why dont you you just take five minutes in a dark room and think about it?
regardless of who is putting on the shirt and playing in the team - WE are QPR, not the gutless, spineless lot that fail to put a shift in. Players come and go, as do managers and owners.
let's take a deep breath in and be optimistic about the next stage of supporting London's finest football club......
Jaded with supporting Rangers...? on 18:24 - May 7 with 1107 viewsted_hendrix

I'd be perfectly happy if the season ended right now, I've had a gutfull.
I'll be back in August with a ST just like I always do.
When I'm pissed off with it all like I am now I think back to our promotion season and the good times.
Either you live and hope or just fck off from it.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Jaded with supporting Rangers...? on 18:56 - May 7 with 1079 viewstimcocking

Jaded with supporting Rangers...? on 18:22 - May 7 by 100percent

To be honest, I'm more jaded with the nonsense that comes out of this board than the team - at least the mercenaries that currently play for the team will soon disappear to the next sinking ship.
people on here need to get a reality slap around the face - we've had a lot worse seasons than this and I'm sure in my lifetime we will see both better - and worse than this sad bunch.
regardless of who is putting on the shirt and playing in the team - WE are QPR, not the gutless, spineless lot that fail to put a shift in. Players come and go, as do managers and owners.
let's take a deep breath in and be optimistic about the next stage of supporting London's finest football club......

"WE are QPR, not the gutless, spineless lot that fail to put a shift in. Players come and go, as do managers and owners.
let's take a deep breath in and be optimistic about the next stage of supporting London's finest football club...... "

Love it 100%. I quite agree, i'm not being driven away by those tw@ts who supposedly do represent us. I don't care how bad things get my support will never waver. Even if it is bloody aggravating most of my life.

Bring on next year, payback time (perhaps)!
Jaded with supporting Rangers...? on 20:53 - May 7 with 987 viewsCanadaRanger

I'm somewhat worried for a family member who has supported QPR through thick and thin for over 60 years... This season has been so depressing (the worst) that he's actually considering following another club... Don't do it, I say!
Jaded with supporting Rangers...? on 21:06 - May 7 with 972 viewspaulparker

Jaded with supporting Rangers...? on 18:22 - May 7 by 100percent

I get what your saying 100percent especially about the darker days we have had
the frustrating thing is we have had the moneybag owners and spent the dough yet we are even worse than the 2000/01 team that went down to Div 1
the whole club stinks at the moment and we have this knack of turning chicken salad to chicken s*it
if any club or its supporters deserve a few seasons back in the Prem then its us
we had wimbleon park rangers, gun fights, crap players, players killed, 68 different managers, buckets, internal feuds the lot
cant we just be normal for once !?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Jaded with supporting Rangers...? on 21:09 - May 7 with 970 viewsconnell10

I wont renew as im pished of just chucking money that i cant really afford down the drain! ill get a membership and pick what games i wanna see! At the moment i would draw me curtains if those kunts were playing in my back garden!!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Jaded with supporting Rangers...? on 21:44 - May 7 with 931 viewswestberksr

totally fukked off but will be back in August full of optimism.

if all else fails we will win more games and be more competitive; in a few years time we'll look back on this season and all laugh........

.....whilst our straight jackets are being adjusted to let us see the MOTD highlights in the TV room!
Jaded with supporting Rangers...? on 22:25 - May 7 with 892 viewsWestonsuperR

I bothered to work out my own record for watching games live this season and its w0 d8 l7! Worst record I've ever had by some distance, last win I witnessed was home to Spurs on 21st Apr 2012.

I'll definitely renew my membership next season but will pick and choose, mainly go away to some grounds I've not been to before.
Jaded with supporting Rangers...? on 22:58 - May 7 with 860 viewsSomersetHoops

Problem is after so many years of supporting QPR its not easily possible to change clubs. Having been down here for a few years everyone knows I support the R's and we could be in the same division as Yeovil next season. So I've suffered a bit and haven't used my seats as often as I normally would.

BUT... despite the utter cock-up he's made of it so far Tony Fernandes is still, as far as intentions go our best chairman since Jim Gregory and Harry Redknap if he stays committed could still be a good manager for our club.

The problem with season tickets is we will be 'buying blind'. None of us wants to support the team we have now (a few players excepted), but its unlikely we will know who will be in our team next season before the deadline for buying ST's.

For me its not just a question of cost and vague words, I want to know absolutely that the type of player we aim to bring in is young, skillful and with potential, that we are buying not on reputation and kudos for past glories, but for properly assessed qualities including character and committment. This kind of thing was said before by Mike Rigg, who then helped to lumber us with some of the past-it crocks or overated mercenaries we had under the Hughes regime.

Despite what Beard says I want an assurance that the club owners are going to accept the cost of their mistakes and pay off some of the duffers in our squad so they cannot continue to infest our team with their bad attitude.

The point is can we trust Fernandes to get it right now? He talks a good game, but needs to start to act to make these things happen otherwise many people will not want to sit through another crap season like the ones we've had for two years now.

Who's Next?

Jaded with supporting Rangers...? on 23:07 - May 7 with 851 viewsconnell10

Jaded with supporting Rangers...? on 22:58 - May 7 by SomersetHoops

Problem is after so many years of supporting QPR its not easily possible to change clubs. Having been down here for a few years everyone knows I support the R's and we could be in the same division as Yeovil next season. So I've suffered a bit and haven't used my seats as often as I normally would.

BUT... despite the utter cock-up he's made of it so far Tony Fernandes is still, as far as intentions go our best chairman since Jim Gregory and Harry Redknap if he stays committed could still be a good manager for our club.

The problem with season tickets is we will be 'buying blind'. None of us wants to support the team we have now (a few players excepted), but its unlikely we will know who will be in our team next season before the deadline for buying ST's.

For me its not just a question of cost and vague words, I want to know absolutely that the type of player we aim to bring in is young, skillful and with potential, that we are buying not on reputation and kudos for past glories, but for properly assessed qualities including character and committment. This kind of thing was said before by Mike Rigg, who then helped to lumber us with some of the past-it crocks or overated mercenaries we had under the Hughes regime.

Despite what Beard says I want an assurance that the club owners are going to accept the cost of their mistakes and pay off some of the duffers in our squad so they cannot continue to infest our team with their bad attitude.

The point is can we trust Fernandes to get it right now? He talks a good game, but needs to start to act to make these things happen otherwise many people will not want to sit through another crap season like the ones we've had for two years now.

Good post mate, thats why im getting a membership , I WONT GET FOOLED AGAIN!!!!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Jaded with supporting Rangers...? on 00:13 - May 8 with 823 viewsDWQPR

Having missed just one game this season (West Ham away), I was ready to chuck the whole thing in if we stayed up. The PL really is the biggest pile of overhyped sh1te ever invented and will get worse with Financial Fair Play and more SKY cash. Now that we are down I am looking forward to next season and would certainly recommend watching the 2010-11 season DVD as a reminder that football can be great. In the meantime summer beckons with a bit of cricket and a few visits to the Globe theatre to take in some of the Bards greatest plays.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Jaded with supporting Rangers...? on 00:36 - May 8 with 812 viewsHollowayRanger

i'll renew as i wont give up whati consider to be the best seat in the place

not that i ever sit in it

but i certainly want to see some players go starting with these 5 who will be next to useless in the championship

boswingwa ceaser park granero bothroyd

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Jaded with supporting Rangers...? on 14:29 - May 8 with 716 viewsChicken

We may have had our differences in the past - but we WILL have you.

Constantly looking to grow our fan base as we become much more of a global brand year-on-year with ambitious plans to extend capacity.

There's a better way - you know it - I know it. You don't want to be losers all your lives rattling round in a drafty, ramshackle stadium and an owner staring into space thinking "what have I done."

So come on over - you'll have a good time. Trust me.
Jaded with supporting Rangers...? on 14:36 - May 8 with 702 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I couldn't give a flying one about the rest of this season.

I'm already looking forward to cricket and drinking Pimm's/Hendrick's & Tonic/ale down the river.

Ealing and Olympia ale festivals coming up and the Ashes, Plus Many gigs.

Life is good enjoy it

Come August I will be suitable excited for the new season.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Jaded with supporting Rangers...? on 15:43 - May 8 with 668 viewszicoshoops

Membership.
If the price for a 'Silver' seat is no more than £20 per match.
Take it or leave it.

Less than 8 months until Christmas again.

Bah, Humbug.

Jaded with supporting Rangers...? on 15:54 - May 8 with 647 viewsJonDoeman

Jaded with supporting Rangers...? on 14:29 - May 8 by Chicken

Constantly looking to grow our fan base as we become much more of a global brand year-on-year with ambitious plans to extend capacity.

There's a better way - you know it - I know it. You don't want to be losers all your lives rattling round in a drafty, ramshackle stadium and an owner staring into space thinking "what have I done."

Oooh , will I get some cardboard or some PLASTIC clappers?

It Is What It Is !!

Jaded with supporting Rangers...? on 16:04 - May 8 with 630 viewsJuzzie

Jaded with supporting Rangers...? on 14:29 - May 8 by Chicken

"with ambitious plans...."

I thought it was a bad thing to have 'ambition'? Fulham fans in their droves told us so 18 months ago.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024