Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Argentina 19:37 - Jul 1 with 3984 viewsbosh67

Bar Messi they are pretty crap to be honest. Can't believe they have made it to the quarters. They will probably win the cup being somewhere between poor and average.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Argentina on 20:43 - Jul 1 with 2715 viewsdaveB

They have been poor, even Messi hasn't been great but still can't see anything other than a Brazil v Argentina final
Argentina on 20:49 - Jul 1 with 2704 viewsHollowayRanger

gutted had both chocolate boys in work sweep stake now just got my Belgium chocolate

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Argentina on 20:50 - Jul 1 with 2705 viewsJigsore

When we're poor we fail miserably, when other teams are poor they grind results.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Argentina on 20:55 - Jul 1 with 2688 viewsJuzzie

Worked for QPR last season.
Argentina on 22:42 - Jul 1 with 2622 viewsToast_R

Anyones World Cup I reckon.

Brazil and Argentina yet to be tested by a heavyweight and Brazil were lucky against both Croatia and Mexico.
Colombia look good but they have got to play the hosts next which is a shame.

Germany were poor last night, France keep plodding along nicely and Belgium don't seem to be firing up front, if they end up going behind they are in all sorts.
Argentina on 22:44 - Jul 1 with 2621 viewsdaveB

as poor as they have been I still think Brazil are going to take some stopping at home especially after the after night against Chile.

Columbia have been great but that will be a tough game on friday
Argentina on 00:33 - Jul 2 with 2558 viewsBklynRanger

I still think Argentina are warming up. It just depends how warm they get. I had them down as winners before the tournament and I may as well stick with it.

The Argie supporters sing an insulting song about the Brazilians which I find quite funny. They go a bit mad when they're doing it too, lot's of jumping.
Argentina on 00:37 - Jul 2 with 2548 viewsJuzzie

Argentina on 20:55 - Jul 1 by Juzzie

Worked for QPR last season.

Why the negative birchamshair? Previous post said when they are poor they grind out results. Isn't that what we did most of last season?
[Post edited 2 Jul 2014 0:38]
Login to get fewer ads

Argentina on 01:33 - Jul 2 with 2509 viewsSonofNorfolt

Messi is absolutely fantastic though. Aguero isn't fit, and they didn't select Tevez.
If he has an off day, they are likely to go out, similar to Brazil with Neymar really, although the former is so much more influential than the latter.
I can still see an Arg v Bra final, with the glorious tax evader winning it, and starting an El Salvador/Honduras type war.
Argentina on 03:43 - Jul 2 with 2484 viewsFredManRave

Argentina on 22:42 - Jul 1 by Toast_R

Brazil and Argentina yet to be tested by a heavyweight and Brazil were lucky against both Croatia and Mexico.

Germany were poor last night, France keep plodding along nicely and Belgium don't seem to be firing up front, if they end up going behind they are in all sorts.

I'd suggest it's anyones except for Costa Rica and Belgium but nay one of the remaining six teams have a great chance. It's strange because although it's been a really great and entertaining World Cup so far no team has excelled, except maybe Costa Rica, but certainly none of the big teams. France, Germany and Holland all struggled against lesser opposition in the second round games, Brasil have looked far from convincing and today Argentina made hard work of Switzerland.

Brazil vs Germany and Argentina vs Holland would be great and anyone of them could get to the final,although personally I hope it's a Brazil vs Argentina final. That would be some game, bearing in mind their rivalry and as a result would probably make for the best game as far as atmosphere, pressure and nerves are concerned.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Argentina on 08:43 - Jul 2 with 2435 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think Colombia hav excelled, too.

A part of my brain keeps reminding m that the big nations always come through, but the rest of my brain keeps shouting it down. Would love a surprise winner, and will hope against hope (and, yes, logic) that it happens.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Argentina on 09:55 - Jul 2 with 2403 viewsDesertBoot

The eight group winners have all made the quarter finals which is unusual. It's wide open as Argentina and Brazil have looked ordinary whilst Germany and Holland have thrown in stinkers.
My dark horse now is France who seem to be improving with every game and have quality fearless young players in their team.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Argentina on 12:53 - Jul 2 with 2356 viewswhittocksRs

Argentina on 20:43 - Jul 1 by daveB

They have been poor, even Messi hasn't been great but still can't see anything other than a Brazil v Argentina final

Four MotM's out of four. Four goals and two assists. Think he's doing okay!
Argentina on 13:16 - Jul 2 with 2341 viewsrobith

Argentina on 22:42 - Jul 1 by Toast_R

can actually see Colombia knocking Brazil out. The host's defence is ropey and I can't see them coping with Colombia's direct running and pace
Argentina on 13:36 - Jul 2 with 2324 viewsSpiritofGregory

Argentina on 08:43 - Jul 2 by BrianMcCarthy

I think Colombia hav excelled, too.

A part of my brain keeps reminding m that the big nations always come through, but the rest of my brain keeps shouting it down. Would love a surprise winner, and will hope against hope (and, yes, logic) that it happens.

Imagine if Falcao had been in the squad.

It's no wonder that other countries like Colombia and Costa Rica are doing better than England. Their players are developed because their league teams are represented by their countrymen who then move to clubs in Brazil, Argentina and Spain whilst ours don't even get a look in.
Argentina on 14:06 - Jul 2 with 2307 viewsdaveB

Argentina on 12:53 - Jul 2 by whittocksRs

Four MotM's out of four. Four goals and two assists. Think he's doing okay!

he's doing ok but by his ridiculously high standards he hasn't been anywhere near his best
Argentina on 14:18 - Jul 2 with 2289 viewsSydneyRs

Argentina on 13:16 - Jul 2 by robith

can actually see Colombia knocking Brazil out. The host's defence is ropey and I can't see them coping with Colombia's direct running and pace

I can see this too but think history and the occasion may get to them.

They have had the majority of crowd support in every game so far. This time they won't. I think they have only ever beaten Brazil twice, and never in Brazil. I'd love to see them do it but have a feeling it won't happen.

I would also love to see Belgium do it. They are good enough. Failing that Holland as its a crime they have never won before.

I could live with Brazil despite the fact that Neymar aside they are every ordinary. Great occasion if they do win it.
Argentina on 14:24 - Jul 2 with 2281 viewsDANRANGER

Argentina on 13:16 - Jul 2 by robith

Colombia have been superb however they have not really been tested and Yepes is 38 so surely can be exposed. I expect it to be a very open game vs Brazil but Colombia will get chances and must take them. Brazil going behind would lead to a fantastic spectacle of pressure football and counter attacking by Colombia. Can't wait.

As for Argentina, they will benefit playing a side that attacks them but I'm not sure if Belgium will so again a very even tie. That is the beauty of this tournament though as there is not 1 team that you could say will win it ala Spain 4 years ago. Would love a new name on the trophy though so I'm going for a Colombia v Belgium final!!
Argentina on 22:02 - Jul 2 with 2214 viewsFlex

Argentina on 14:24 - Jul 2 by DANRANGER

Colombia have been superb however they have not really been tested and Yepes is 38 so surely can be exposed. I expect it to be a very open game vs Brazil but Colombia will get chances and must take them. Brazil going behind would lead to a fantastic spectacle of pressure football and counter attacking by Colombia. Can't wait.

As for Argentina, they will benefit playing a side that attacks them but I'm not sure if Belgium will so again a very even tie. That is the beauty of this tournament though as there is not 1 team that you could say will win it ala Spain 4 years ago. Would love a new name on the trophy though so I'm going for a Colombia v Belgium final!!

Bar Messi, no one from the Argentina team would get into the Rangers team right. I mean Hoillet is much better than Di Maria. Higuain and Aguero, mediocre at best. They need Zamora and Austin.

#sarcasm
Argentina on 06:30 - Jul 3 with 2161 viewsQPR_ARG

It's true we haven't been playing at the top of our capabilities.

As true as it is that every single team are playing sitting deep in a trench and giving Argentina no room. The only team that didn't park the bus was Nigeria. And we hit them for three.

Yes, they scored two in the process, but this has been a tendency for Argentina since Sabella took over. If you look here, you'll find we have scored 3 or more goals in 15 out of the 38 matches since he's been in charge. Normally, this is a team that takes to the pitch knowing we'll score. I think only 5 or 6 times we have remained scoreless during a match and only two of them ended in defeats (one WCQ in Venezuela -an off night- and one 2-0 defeat in Brazil although those were the domestic ARG vs. domestic BRA teams. Brazil had Neymar and Lucas Moura just before they moved to Europe. We had no player you probably heard of. So we were the clear underdogs there).

http://el.soccerway.com/teams/argentina/argentina/132/matches/ (Sabella's first match was a friendly vs. Venezuela -Sep, 2, 2011-).

So I get the feeling we would do better against bigger teams. I mean...we have won every match (one in extra-time, yes), but we haven't been playing well.

This is a team that need some space to damage the opposition. A team that loves to counterattack.

I'm hoping Belgium don't sit too deep against us. Though I don't see them as a team that would park the bus as happily as Bosnia, Iran and Switzerland did so far.

If things go our way, I'm very very afraid of Holland as they have been happy to give both Chile and Mexico the ball and the initiative and they have hit them on the break. Cheating their way to earning a penalty vs. Mexico, by the way.

Di Maria played a horrible 117 minutes, was brilliant with that touch to beat the keeper and then he was bad again the last two minutes of extra-time.

But he's that kind of player. One who can unlock a defense or create something.

We haven't seen anything near half of what Aguero and Higuain can do. And that's the hope. That Aguero recovers in time and Higuain gets a chance to finally find the back of the net.

It has been mostly through Messi's magic that we have made it to the QF, but it hasn't been easy for any of the big nations. England, Italy, Spain and their first round disasters. Brazil needing penalties and a miracle as Pinilla hit the bar on the 120th minute. Germany going to extra-time vs. Algeria. France suffering vs. Nigeria until they found two late goals. Holland losing until the 85th minute.

Loving this World Cup. Lots of Bobby-Zamora-like moments for me to enjoy.

BRING THOSE QF ON!
Argentina on 06:37 - Jul 3 with 2157 viewsQPR_ARG

Argentina on 00:33 - Jul 2 by BklynRanger

I still think Argentina are warming up. It just depends how warm they get. I had them down as winners before the tournament and I may as well stick with it.

The Argie supporters sing an insulting song about the Brazilians which I find quite funny. They go a bit mad when they're doing it too, lot's of jumping.

I don't think the song is insulting, to be honest.

"Brazil, tell me how it feels
To have your daddy coming home
I swear no matter how long it goes
That I'll never forget
How Diego dribbled past you
How Caniggia's done you
You're crying since Italy 1990 until today
You'll see Messi
Lifting the trophy
And you know Maradona is better than Pelé"

I absolutely love it! Here it is:

There is a Brazilian song against Argentina that is just as awesome!

And this one does have a bit of an insult in there, but I don't take it as an offense. I love it too!

"If you're an Argentine
Then tell me how it is
To have only two World Cup trophies
That's one fewer than Pelé

If you're an Argentine
Then go get it up your arsse
You have only, two World Cup trophies
That's the same as Cafu's"

As long as it stays there, it's all fine.

I'm all for this international banter!
Argentina on 08:59 - Jul 3 with 2107 viewsPommyhoop

As I said before.This World Cup is going to Holland.
In these days of fancy dress at World Cup games I'm surprised no Dutch fans have gone as this fella..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Argentina on 09:00 - Jul 3 with 2106 views18StoneOfHoop

Argentina on 06:37 - Jul 3 by QPR_ARG

I don't think the song is insulting, to be honest.

"Brazil, tell me how it feels
To have your daddy coming home
I swear no matter how long it goes
That I'll never forget
How Diego dribbled past you
How Caniggia's done you
You're crying since Italy 1990 until today
You'll see Messi
Lifting the trophy
And you know Maradona is better than Pelé"

I absolutely love it! Here it is:

There is a Brazilian song against Argentina that is just as awesome!

And this one does have a bit of an insult in there, but I don't take it as an offense. I love it too!

"If you're an Argentine
Then tell me how it is
To have only two World Cup trophies
That's one fewer than Pelé

If you're an Argentine
Then go get it up your arsse
You have only, two World Cup trophies
That's the same as Cafu's"

As long as it stays there, it's all fine.

I'm all for this international banter!

Cracking post ,Seb!
Love both them songs,thanks so much for the translations.

Like a poster above said I would prefer to see an underdog Colombia v Belgium final - or even better James Rodriguez's Costa Rica! - than the usual bleeding big boy suspects :
Bra (ManU) v Arg (Chels)

As a rabid anti-Faragist Born in Hammersmith Hospital Proud English European patriot, I would love it,really love it - (C) Keegan - to see a European team - even the Bosch! - win it at long last for the first time on the American continent.
(Give this vid sketch time..it gets good after half way.)

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Argentina on 10:15 - Jul 3 with 2081 viewsrobith

Argentina on 14:18 - Jul 2 by SydneyRs

I can see this too but think history and the occasion may get to them.

They have had the majority of crowd support in every game so far. This time they won't. I think they have only ever beaten Brazil twice, and never in Brazil. I'd love to see them do it but have a feeling it won't happen.

I would also love to see Belgium do it. They are good enough. Failing that Holland as its a crime they have never won before.

I could live with Brazil despite the fact that Neymar aside they are every ordinary. Great occasion if they do win it.

Brazil have really antagonised me this tournament. From needing a bent ref to beat Croatia and then the massive overreaction to beating Chile in the second round I can not wait for someone to knock them out
Argentina on 10:46 - Jul 3 with 2069 viewsHooparoo

Argentina might struggle with the Belgians. Argies look a bit soft at the back.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024