Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This season's captain 09:04 - Aug 13 with 2182 viewsbosh67

Listening to Harry late last night on TalkSprout. Ended up laughing it off but would be very surprised if it isn't Rio

Clint as club captain.

Should be announced today.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

This season's captain on 09:10 - Aug 13 with 1784 viewsLblock

I dont agree with this.

Yes Rio has international standing most in our squad could only dream of but I'm really hoping he'll be used wisely this season. This move (if it happens) tells me he'll be this seasons Dunne playing at every given opportunity.

Reflecting as I type though it does seem the way H will go.
I'd love to see Ali as Captain for sentimental reasons but he to needs managed playing time, Joey another option but you get the whole Joey circus with him.... so for me I'd give it to Ned and for me that is the biggest turnaround in my opinion of an R's player since the legend Paul Furlong.
I really really hope Ned is is a shoe in on the teamsheet this season

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

This season's captain on 09:18 - Aug 13 with 1763 viewsdaveB

I don't think it really matters who the captain is these days.

On Nedum I don't think he'll play as Caulker will be on the right side, think it will be Hill or Dunne on the left
This season's captain on 09:21 - Aug 13 with 1729 viewsPommyhoop

This season's captain on 09:18 - Aug 13 by daveB

On Nedum I don't think he'll play as Caulker will be on the right side, think it will be Hill or Dunne on the left

I fear you might be right there Dave.Terrible decision if true and I hope Glenn see's this and puts H straight..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

This season's captain on 09:23 - Aug 13 with 1720 viewsLblock

I will be gutted if Ned dont start as first choice --- pace, pace, pace!

Plus he's in my Dream Team

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

This season's captain on 09:31 - Aug 13 with 1702 viewskysersosaqpr

Wouldn't give it to rio as too injury prone. Ned too young compared to others. Clint may not always be in team, similarly Ali. I'd give it to Joey!

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

This season's captain on 09:44 - Aug 13 with 1638 viewshoof_hearted

Barton.

Old military tactic to keep the dodgiest nutter on message for the whole campaign by giving him a stripe.

He's also the most likely regular starter out of all the candidates.
This season's captain on 09:44 - Aug 13 with 1635 viewsBklynRanger

This season's captain on 09:18 - Aug 13 by daveB

I'm sure I saw Nedum playing on the left in at least one of the friendlies, which said to me that HR wants him in the starting 11.

Plus I think HR had been talking about switching Clint to club captain before Rio came in. I'm basing that on an earlier answer he gave where he said that he had no plans for Rio to be captain but that he probably would be making a change in the captaincy and had to talk to people (the relevant players) about that.

So I think Dunne is more of a threat to Nedum's place than Clint. 50/50 which of them will start on Saturday.

Giving it to Ale would be a fantastic story but highly unlikely. I suppose Rio is a decent choice...
This season's captain on 09:47 - Aug 13 with 1627 viewsheadhoops

Barton - for all his faults will give it his all.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Login to get fewer ads

This season's captain on 09:52 - Aug 13 with 1612 viewsLowerloftLad

Barton

Green

Hill

Austin

Nedum

Rio

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

This season's captain on 09:58 - Aug 13 with 1583 viewsfrancisbowles

From what i have seen neither Dunne or Ned look comfortable on the left of the three. Hill has looked better as he is a 'leftie'. I think that this may be a problem position as Clint lacks pace and may be targeted.

As for captain give it to Rio, when he plays, and Barton other games.
This season's captain (n/t) on 10:01 - Aug 13 with 1573 viewsLowerloftLad

[Post edited 13 Aug 2014 10:01]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

This season's captain on 10:04 - Aug 13 with 1545 viewsWeaverQPR

Id give it to Barton, although you could argue his best performances have been when he is not the capt.

@WeavQPR

This season's captain on 10:05 - Aug 13 with 1541 viewsantoknee64

Ale and give him number 11 back,played hes best football in that shirt,plus hes our longest serving player (I think).
This season's captain on 10:13 - Aug 13 with 1509 viewsdaveB

I've not seen any of the friendlies so could be wrong I just think Redknapp will start the season with Hill, I wouldn't write off Nedum though as I am sure he'll get back in the side quickly
This season's captain on 10:54 - Aug 13 with 1433 viewsRBlock

I still wouldn't give it to Barton. Can't trust him. The way he went off at some bloke v PAOK, shoving him after he held up play when JB was trying to take a quick free-kick, than shoving him again. Could get a red for that in the prem, and he looked very close to lashing out. In a pre-season friendly getting that worked up is ridiculous. It is a hard one but Ned if he is starting, if not Rio.

Edit: I'd rather Ale but I can't see that one happening.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2014 10:54]
This season's captain on 10:59 - Aug 13 with 1415 viewsPinnerPaul

From what Harry said Clint will be club captain and Joey will be captain, I would make Rio vice captain.

If Clint is playing he is captain, if he and Joey are not on the field for "some reason" cough! cough! then Rio will be captain.

As Dave said , not really an issue in this day and age and given experience in our team, even less of one for us.
This season's captain on 11:21 - Aug 13 with 1364 viewsAntti_Heinola

amazing that so many people are happy for Joey to be captain. How many are the same people who can't wait for Adel to go because of how he's 'disrespected the club'?

I can just about tolerate Joey being in the side, but I can't bring myself to sing his name, and there's no way on earth he should be allowed to captain our club after what he's said and done in the past.

Bare bones.

This season's captain on 11:35 - Aug 13 with 1331 viewshoof_hearted

This season's captain on 11:21 - Aug 13 by Antti_Heinola

amazing that so many people are happy for Joey to be captain. How many are the same people who can't wait for Adel to go because of how he's 'disrespected the club'?

I can just about tolerate Joey being in the side, but I can't bring myself to sing his name, and there's no way on earth he should be allowed to captain our club after what he's said and done in the past.

Agree entirely with that sentiment. But he's the only likely regular starter out of the possible candidates. Clint is club captain so when he plays he's captain but I think that means FA cup or cover for injuries only this season. Other than him...

Rio - not a 90 minute player every match as far as we are guessing and he will be captain regardless of the armband (like Derry was).

Ale - language problem (even if he starts regularly).

Chief - too nice and not guaranteed starter.

Caulker - maybe the only sensible alternative.
This season's captain on 12:29 - Aug 13 with 1242 viewsisawqpratwcity

ffs, its barton.

let it go.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

This season's captain on 12:35 - Aug 13 with 1219 viewsQPunkR

This season's captain on 11:21 - Aug 13 by Antti_Heinola

Perfect post, 10 out of 10. The w@nker's lucky he's even still at the Club, let alone that painful eejits welcome him back after his year-long slagathon at QPR came to an end, despite his every effort to move away. To have him as club captain would ruin me.
Clint should be club captain. That's not to say he'll be captain every game (as he won't play all of them), but he embodies most of what we want about our little West London club. Unlike that Scouse tw@t.

QPR - "shit but local"

This season's captain on 12:36 - Aug 13 with 1212 viewsTonto

I'd give it to whoever has played to most first team games.

its not liek captain does a lot in football. Its not cricket.

win toss, chose end, look smart in the photo with the mascots, job done.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

This season's captain on 12:51 - Aug 13 with 1185 viewsPinnerPaul

This season's captain on 12:35 - Aug 13 by QPunkR

Perfect post, 10 out of 10. The w@nker's lucky he's even still at the Club, let alone that painful eejits welcome him back after his year-long slagathon at QPR came to an end, despite his every effort to move away. To have him as club captain would ruin me.
Clint should be club captain. That's not to say he'll be captain every game (as he won't play all of them), but he embodies most of what we want about our little West London club. Unlike that Scouse tw@t.

Clint Hill is also a scouser btw!
This season's captain on 12:51 - Aug 13 with 1182 viewsisawqpratwcity

This season's captain on 12:36 - Aug 13 by Tonto

I'd give it to whoever has played to most first team games.

its not liek captain does a lot in football. Its not cricket.

win toss, chose end, look smart in the photo with the mascots, job done.

this is the bit i don't get. when did the captaincy go from 'the bloke who cajoled, enforced, berated and directed the rest of the team', to 'senior player'?

a failure of leadership.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

This season's captain on 12:58 - Aug 13 with 1153 viewshoops_legend

Give it to Taarabt and convince him to stay! Work your magic 'Arry - it might just work

PLUS hes our longest serving player
This season's captain on 13:18 - Aug 13 with 1096 viewsQPunkR

This season's captain on 12:51 - Aug 13 by PinnerPaul

Clint Hill is also a scouser btw!

Yes, but he's not a Scouse tw@t!

QPR - "shit but local"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024