Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last game of the season 11:21 - Mar 18 with 1922 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Moving back to Asia at the end of the month, and so today will be my last game at HQ for the foreseeable.

One should never say never, but four years ago I was sat at work in Manila when I got a text. Next thing I know, I am back in London and within a few months, I returned to the ranks of the ST fraternity for the start of 2013/14 season.

It's been a hell of a time since then and if I'm honest, that period between when Keogh passed to Bobby and the final whistle blew aside, QPR has been surrounded by a range of calamitous and at times, embarrassing conduct, that we'd have been utterly justified in just packing it in!

Its a moot point, but as I've missed so many games this season, I'm not sure I would have renewed my ST in August. Games changing times/days has been inconvenenient to say the least, but having decided not to go to games under JFH, its easy to get out of the habit.

The fact that there were cogent arguments put up to stick with JFH, says how utterly appalling things have been since 2011. The basis for these arguments were not because we were confident he would pull it round, but solely because the farce of sacking again would make us look even more stupid.

But since then, its started to become a little more enjoyable. I wrote in AKUTRs that Olly's return was one the heart said 'yes' but the brain was more cautious about. But its just night and day different and while we're by no means the finished article and still have a long way to go, at least today we know we'll see a bit of pride and effort. Traits only Olly and Warnock seem to understand as being the basics we like to see.

There have been times over the last few years where everything QPR has descended into utter farce and we can go back to FPR and at times, the fan base has seemed more at war with itself off the field, then focused on cheering what is being played. Not that we haven't had reason(s) to complain at times, but then I think back to some games when the Rfosi has been the difference and got this club over the line.

But now is the time to move on. Together! Because maybe, just maybe, a corner has turned. I like Olly, he likes us and I like what might hopefully develop under his stewardship. I hope he is given the necessary time, support and backing from the various elements at QPR. He won't always get it right, but he will try and when it goes wrong, no one will be more gutted than him.

So, until I roll into town again, look after my team. Cherish her for she is a thing to be cherished at times. May the utter ridiculousness of the last six years be something we not only learn from, but grow from. And remember, no matter what we do, how we go, who we go with and what ever part of the planet we may roam, we are QPR.

Myanmar Rs Supporters Club opening soon!!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Last game of the season on 11:44 - Mar 18 with 1896 viewsDWQPR

John, from a fellow born and bred Greenfordian, let's hope that the team leave you wanting more whenever you return to good old Blighty, but in the meantime enjoy today and safe journey. No doubt your frenquency on LFW will not deminish although your posts may be at more obscure times!

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Last game of the season on 13:07 - Mar 18 with 1829 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Take 'er easy, Dude.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Last game of the season on 13:55 - Mar 18 with 1801 viewsMancR

Good luck John, you'll always be a ledge in these parts. So much has changed in manc with only a small motley crew plus hangers on left behind and with no longer an R's pub to call home.
One thing never changes though and that is the regularity of another meek and mild northern surrender by those in blue and white hoops or whatever monstrosity of a 3rd kit they are wearing
Take care
Last game of the season on 18:06 - Mar 18 with 1723 viewstimcocking

The Burmese prefer it to be called Burma. An interesting country.
Last game of the season on 18:28 - Mar 18 with 1677 viewsFredManRave

Well that was a nice send off from the team!

Back to Asia then. Are you going to work for Tone? Maybe as his Twitter proof reader?!

You'll be the first BurmaR on here?!

Good Luck!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Last game of the season on 20:37 - Mar 18 with 1587 viewsted_hendrix

My first game at LR since the Sunderland cup game, the club me age and football had done for me but what was good today was the amount of blokes I hadn't seen for ages shaking me hand and saying good to see you again you bloody pratt
You can leave this club of ours for a while but it'll never let you go.
At least you got to see us score 5 goals today all scored by different players too, when was the last time you saw that happen?
Safe travels mate.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Last game of the season on 01:44 - Mar 19 with 1464 viewsSteveB

Lovely words Jon, save travels mate..
Last game of the season on 01:55 - Mar 19 with 1455 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Good luck mate.
Login to get fewer ads

Last game of the season on 10:48 - Mar 19 with 1312 viewsPommyhoop

All the best Jon.
Safe journey.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Last game of the season on 11:50 - Mar 19 with 1257 viewsderbyhoop

Good luck in Myanmar. Keep in touch. You're contributions are always welcome.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024