Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Radio 2 confessions 21:22 - Oct 9 with 3960 viewsstowmarketrange

I don’t know how many people on here listen to Simon Mayo’s drivetime show on weekdays at 5pm on radio 2?He does a spot at about 5.40 where people write in and confess to something they’ve done that they’re ashamed of previously.
Tonight’s tale was from a Liverpool fan who went to Rome for the 1977 European cup final.He said that his mum was a fanatic catholic and he bought some rosary beads for her as a present and he got a german priest to bless them for him.He told his mum that they were blessed by the pope instead.
Simon then gets his guests to give their verdict on whether they forgive them or not,followed by listeners comments sent in to him.
I couldn’t resist texting in that I didn’t forgive him as his team shouldn’t even have been in the final as they nicked the title off of QPR in the last 14 minutes of the previous season.
Matt who reads the sport,and is also a Liverpool fan,took exception to my get text and said “get over it.”
I know it was a small token and pretty sad,but I call it a worthwhile gesture.Anything to pee off the Scouser’s.
Radio 2 confessions on 22:02 - Oct 9 with 3874 viewscolinallcars

Years ago, when I used to have to drive a long way to work, I used to listen to Sarah Kennedy's Dawn Patrol programme in the car. She liked to be called Bunty Bagshawe on the show and was getting weirder and weirder. Some say she used to drink during the programme, it certainly seemed so. Eventually someone else took over temporarily and then Sarah left " by mutual consent" Mornings don't seem the same now.
Radio 2 confessions on 22:15 - Oct 9 with 3839 viewsstowmarketrange

Radio 2 confessions on 22:02 - Oct 9 by colinallcars

Years ago, when I used to have to drive a long way to work, I used to listen to Sarah Kennedy's Dawn Patrol programme in the car. She liked to be called Bunty Bagshawe on the show and was getting weirder and weirder. Some say she used to drink during the programme, it certainly seemed so. Eventually someone else took over temporarily and then Sarah left " by mutual consent" Mornings don't seem the same now.

I totally agree mate.I thought she was a bit much in the mornings at first but I enjoyed her shows after a while.
I can’t listen to Vanessa feltz and her drivel now though.Also Alex Lester used to be good for a laugh during the night too,but they’ve just replaced him with cheap options.
Radio 2 confessions on 22:31 - Oct 9 with 3809 viewsBoston

British Radio....regular listener / contributor to George Webley's overnight show, then he died. Dunno if any of you were ever awake when he was on, but back in the day he used to go down the Rangers, knew him to chat to.
Nowadays I quite enjoy Simon Lederman, but he's gone to an earlier time, so now Duncan Barkes is getting a try out.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Radio 2 confessions on 22:33 - Oct 9 with 3802 viewsstowmarketrange

Radio 2 confessions on 22:31 - Oct 9 by Boston

British Radio....regular listener / contributor to George Webley's overnight show, then he died. Dunno if any of you were ever awake when he was on, but back in the day he used to go down the Rangers, knew him to chat to.
Nowadays I quite enjoy Simon Lederman, but he's gone to an earlier time, so now Duncan Barkes is getting a try out.

What channel are they on?I’m normally a radio 2,5live or Absolute listener.
Radio 2 confessions on 22:39 - Oct 9 with 3783 viewsted_hendrix

Simon Mayo is about as interesting as a gnu.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Radio 2 confessions on 22:46 - Oct 9 with 3760 viewsPunteR

Most radio presenters make me switch channels as soon as i hear them,especially in the mornings. Chris Moyles has me reaching for the Paslode gun.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Radio 2 confessions on 23:04 - Oct 9 with 3724 viewsBoston

Radio 2 confessions on 22:33 - Oct 9 by stowmarketrange

What channel are they on?I’m normally a radio 2,5live or Absolute listener.

Radio London.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Radio 2 confessions on 23:11 - Oct 9 with 3715 viewsstowmarketrange

Radio 2 confessions on 23:04 - Oct 9 by Boston

Radio London.

That is pretty difficult to get up in Suffolk and I don’t listen to much radio when I’m not working.
Login to get fewer ads

Radio 2 confessions on 23:30 - Oct 9 with 3682 viewsHantsR

Radio 2 confessions on 22:39 - Oct 9 by ted_hendrix

Well that's the end of the gnus, now for the weather forecast.
Radio 2 confessions on 07:57 - Oct 10 with 3537 viewscolinallcars

Radio 2 confessions on 23:30 - Oct 9 by HantsR

Followed by the latest album by gnus and roses.
Radio 2 confessions on 08:33 - Oct 10 with 3492 viewsMonahoop

Sarah Kennedy, Chris Evans, Vanessa Feltz, Simon Mayo are the reason I went off BBC Radio 2 years ago. Terrible presenters. All about themselves types. I only listen to the Paul Jones' Blues show on a Monday evening on that channel. Radio 6 all the way for me for music.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Radio 2 confessions on 08:35 - Oct 10 with 3489 viewsMick_S

Radio 2 confessions on 23:30 - Oct 9 by HantsR

Bravo sir.

Bring back Robbie Vincent, that's what I say.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Radio 2 confessions on 08:50 - Oct 10 with 3465 viewsEsox_Lucius

Radio 2 confessions on 22:39 - Oct 9 by ted_hendrix

Is this indirectly linked with the right to arm bears under the constitution?

The grass is always greener.

Radio 2 confessions on 09:49 - Oct 10 with 3423 viewsHantsR

Radio 2 confessions on 08:50 - Oct 10 by Esox_Lucius

Is this indirectly linked with the right to arm bears under the constitution?

Whilst enjoying a round of golf in the sun last week, I met two attractive women in sleeveless tops. I remarked approvingly on their attire but wondered if it contravened club dress code? However they pleaded the second amendment, i.e the right to bare arms.
Radio 2 confessions on 14:05 - Oct 10 with 3270 viewsAntti_Heinola

Radio 2 confessions on 08:35 - Oct 10 by Mick_S

Bravo sir.

Bring back Robbie Vincent, that's what I say.

The great thing about Robbie Vincent is that he adheres to the proper rule: if you are a male radio presenter, you should have two first names.

Bare bones.

Radio 2 confessions on 14:35 - Oct 10 with 3232 viewsShotKneesHoop

Radio 2 confessions on 22:02 - Oct 9 by colinallcars

This off Wikipedia, sounds like Sarah Kennedy liked nice drop of splosh.

"In May 2014, Kennedy was banned from driving for 22 months for drink driving. She had crashed into a stationary car.[18]

Exit from Radio 2
Kennedy had presented The Dawn Patrol since 1993. Due to Terry Wogan's departure and a minor reshuffle in 2010, her show moved from 6.00—7.30am to 5.00—7.00am. Many listeners were already concerned that the 5.00am starts were starting to affect aspects of Kennedy's health and her absences became more frequent.

In August 2010, she took three weeks off work. Lynn Parsons took over the show in her absence. During this time, rumours began to circulate that she wouldn't return. On 3 September, it was announced that she was to leave the station. Sarah Kennedy, in a Daily Telegraph interview published later in the month, claimed she had been forced out by an "enemy" at the BBC and denied having a drink problem.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Radio 2 confessions on 14:40 - Oct 10 with 3220 viewsMick_S

Radio 2 confessions on 14:05 - Oct 10 by Antti_Heinola

The great thing about Robbie Vincent is that he adheres to the proper rule: if you are a male radio presenter, you should have two first names.

This big boy has three.

Radio 2 confessions on 14:47 - Oct 10 with 3207 viewscolinallcars

Radio 2 confessions on 14:35 - Oct 10 by ShotKneesHoop

This off Wikipedia, sounds like Sarah Kennedy liked nice drop of splosh.

"In May 2014, Kennedy was banned from driving for 22 months for drink driving. She had crashed into a stationary car.[18]

Exit from Radio 2
Kennedy had presented The Dawn Patrol since 1993. Due to Terry Wogan's departure and a minor reshuffle in 2010, her show moved from 6.00—7.30am to 5.00—7.00am. Many listeners were already concerned that the 5.00am starts were starting to affect aspects of Kennedy's health and her absences became more frequent.

In August 2010, she took three weeks off work. Lynn Parsons took over the show in her absence. During this time, rumours began to circulate that she wouldn't return. On 3 September, it was announced that she was to leave the station. Sarah Kennedy, in a Daily Telegraph interview published later in the month, claimed she had been forced out by an "enemy" at the BBC and denied having a drink problem.

I thought as much. She was becoming so weird that a load of work colleagues, when I told them about her, became avid listeners. She would often go off at a tangent telling listeners what sort of knickers she was wearing that morning. A very strange lady but it made for a fascinating show to while away the monotony of the motorway journey.
Radio 2 confessions on 14:51 - Oct 10 with 3194 viewsMick_S

Radio 2 confessions on 14:52 - Oct 10 with 3186 viewsLunarJetman

Radio 2 confessions on 14:40 - Oct 10 by Mick_S

This big boy has three.

Three convictions?
Radio 2 confessions on 14:53 - Oct 10 with 3182 viewsted_hendrix

Radio 2 confessions on 14:40 - Oct 10 by Mick_S

This big boy has three.

He looks like a gnu.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Radio 2 confessions on 14:57 - Oct 10 with 3167 viewsMick_S

Radio 2 confessions on 14:52 - Oct 10 by LunarJetman

Three convictions?

Radio 2 confessions on 20:19 - Oct 10 with 2973 viewsE17hoop

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/10861916/Former-BBC-Radio-2-present

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024