Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Promotion/ Relegation probabilities. 14:59 - Feb 7 with 3220 viewsEsox_Lucius

Just passing this on as a conversation piece. Not a huge surprise for the most part but it makes good reading if you are a QPR fan.
https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wolverhampton-wander

The grass is always greener.

Promotion/ Relegation probabilities. on 15:08 - Feb 7 with 3194 viewscolinallcars

55 points ? I say, steady on old bean !
Promotion/ Relegation probabilities. on 15:53 - Feb 7 with 3104 viewsozranger

More importantly, it is estimating that 47pts or maybe even 46pts would be enough to survive. So, only 11 to go!
Promotion/ Relegation probabilities. on 17:11 - Feb 7 with 3005 viewsrunningman75

Whoever predicted this was not at Barnsley at Saturday. Was just waiting for Holloway to state the win was like sleeping with an ugly bird.
Promotion/ Relegation probabilities. on 17:30 - Feb 7 with 2974 viewsPinnerPaul

Promotion/ Relegation probabilities. on 17:11 - Feb 7 by runningman75

Whoever predicted this was not at Barnsley at Saturday. Was just waiting for Holloway to state the win was like sleeping with an ugly bird.

Thing is you don' t get extra points for artistic impression - 3pts is 3pts my friend.
Promotion/ Relegation probabilities. on 17:35 - Feb 7 with 2964 views2Thomas2Bowles

Promotion/ Relegation probabilities. on 15:53 - Feb 7 by ozranger

More importantly, it is estimating that 47pts or maybe even 46pts would be enough to survive. So, only 11 to go!

I think 47 is about right could even be as low as 43.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2018 17:41]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Promotion/ Relegation probabilities. on 19:10 - Feb 7 with 2853 viewskensalriser

Promotion/ Relegation probabilities. on 17:35 - Feb 7 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I think 47 is about right could even be as low as 43.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2018 17:41]

You think we might get only 7 pts from 16 games?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Promotion/ Relegation probabilities. on 19:26 - Feb 7 with 2818 viewsPlanetHonneywood

53!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Promotion/ Relegation probabilities. on 11:33 - Feb 8 with 2587 viewsMrNITK

“Makes good reading if you’re a QPR fan”
You mean we’re not making top 2 or even getting in the playoffs!!
Login to get fewer ads

Promotion/ Relegation probabilities. on 11:42 - Feb 8 with 2567 viewsStevenageRanger

Promotion/ Relegation probabilities. on 11:33 - Feb 8 by MrNITK

“Makes good reading if you’re a QPR fan”
You mean we’re not making top 2 or even getting in the playoffs!!

That list is just like a bookies list of odds.

See we have a 4% chance of relegation and just checked and we are 25/1 to be relegated (which is 4% probability)
Promotion/ Relegation probabilities. on 11:49 - Feb 8 with 2557 viewsstevec

Not sure about a super computer, from what I can see nobody moves more than 1 place.

I could have divided by 30 and times by 46 and spun a coin here and there and got the same results.
Promotion/ Relegation probabilities. on 11:58 - Feb 8 with 2535 viewsWadR

These predictors seldom anticipate the fact every year a few clubs below 18th will go on a really strong run towards the end of the season and that a number of midtable clubs are invariably on the beach by early March.

Means you can't just extrapolate results from previous form and league positions..
Promotion/ Relegation probabilities. on 14:24 - Feb 8 with 2368 viewsJuzzie

As well as being top of the "relying on home form" league, we're also top (as in lowest probability) of the "xx per cent chance of relegation" table.

Woo-hoo.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024