Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beer Prices Inside The Ground 14:56 - Jul 29 with 5014 viewshockleyranger

Went to yesterday's game and was shocked to find that the price of a bottle of beer or a pint has risen to £5. What a rip off. The Queens Tavern now only serves Guineas on draught.
Beer Prices Inside The Ground on 15:04 - Jul 29 with 3975 viewssmegma

Last time I bought a beer inside the ground was about 10 years ago
Beer Prices Inside The Ground on 15:11 - Jul 29 with 3936 viewsBoston

Five guineas for a beer! Innkeeper should be transported to the Australia's.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Beer Prices Inside The Ground on 19:32 - Jul 29 with 3536 viewsNoDiddley

Can't see the point of running down the stairs at 3.43 to purchase a bottle of Euro fizz (As my old mate Stevie Edwards used to say) for £5.
When I used to sit in lower loft (until the families moved in ) you could see them queuing outside the Blue & White bar at 3.30 onward's.
It;s a football match not a beer festival.
Beer Prices Inside The Ground on 20:37 - Jul 29 with 3421 viewsstowmarketrange

Beer Prices Inside The Ground on 19:32 - Jul 29 by NoDiddley

Can't see the point of running down the stairs at 3.43 to purchase a bottle of Euro fizz (As my old mate Stevie Edwards used to say) for £5.
When I used to sit in lower loft (until the families moved in ) you could see them queuing outside the Blue & White bar at 3.30 onward's.

One of the reasons why we moved back into ML was the amount of times we had to keep getting up for fans going out for a beer at 3.30 and then back again at 4.05.Then they got up for a slash 10-15 mins later.
Beer Prices Inside The Ground on 20:42 - Jul 29 with 3402 viewsrsonist

Only draught? I think it's outrageous they're serving Sylla at all...
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 20:43]
Beer Prices Inside The Ground on 20:47 - Jul 29 with 3379 viewskensalriser

£5 a pint isn't really a lot more than most pubs in London, is it?.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Beer Prices Inside The Ground on 21:04 - Jul 29 with 3342 viewsBoston

Beer Prices Inside The Ground on 20:47 - Jul 29 by kensalriser

£5 a pint isn't really a lot more than most pubs in London, is it?.

Plastic bottle.

Beer Prices Inside The Ground on 22:38 - Jul 29 with 3194 viewsdaveB

on the plus side was nice to be able to drink in the stand yesterday, made the game more enjoyable
Login to get fewer ads

Beer Prices Inside The Ground on 01:40 - Jul 30 with 3062 viewsHooped_Pullie

The £5 plastic bottle of beer was not the only shock yesterday...

I turned up early, expecting to find at least one burger stall operator en route to the ground who'd bothered to turn up. For the first time in living memory, it was zilch, zero, nada all the way - previous years, the home pre-season friendly has been well catered for (literally) so I was shocked to find absolutely no scent of frying onions in the W12 air.

Upon entry to SA Road, I headed for the kiosks...no hot food ready to serve. I wolfed down a bag of Walkers and hung around till they got their act together. Eventually, a new super-duper burger (or some such name) was proffered...£4.90 ! Four bleeding' ninety, chips not included. I devoured it, but it was dry, tasteless and didn't even have the benefit of the imitation Big Mac sauce that used to make the kiosk burgers bearable in times gone by.

What is the world coming to, eh ?
Beer Prices Inside The Ground on 08:47 - Jul 30 with 2873 viewsrobith

We can't bust heads like we used to. But we have our ways. One trick is to tell stories that don't go anywhere. Like the time I caught the ferry to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe. So I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. "Gimme five bees for a quarter," you'd say. Now where were we... oh yeah. The important thing was that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have any white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
Beer Prices Inside The Ground on 09:00 - Jul 30 with 2850 viewsMancR

Drinking when watching rangers at home takes place anywhere but inside Loftus rd. that shite in a plastic bottle is cold and wet, beer it ain't!
Beer Prices Inside The Ground on 12:37 - Jul 30 with 2652 viewsNW10Hoop

Are we tied into selling the beers we do?

The club are definitely missing out on selling pre match beers and food due to the lame choices and the massive queues.

A fiver is about the going rate for a beer in the area, but not a Carlsberg cheers.

If the club is looking for a booze and snacks Tsar.......
Beer Prices Inside The Ground on 12:59 - Jul 30 with 2586 viewsstowmarketrange

Beer Prices Inside The Ground on 12:37 - Jul 30 by NW10Hoop

Are we tied into selling the beers we do?

The club are definitely missing out on selling pre match beers and food due to the lame choices and the massive queues.

A fiver is about the going rate for a beer in the area, but not a Carlsberg cheers.

If the club is looking for a booze and snacks Tsar.......

Wasn’t there a real ale bar in the loft concourse?Or was that just for the odd game or two?
Beer Prices Inside The Ground on 13:05 - Jul 30 with 2569 viewsdaveB

Beer Prices Inside The Ground on 12:59 - Jul 30 by stowmarketrange

Wasn’t there a real ale bar in the loft concourse?Or was that just for the odd game or two?

real ale bar was there for all of last season
Beer Prices Inside The Ground on 13:25 - Jul 30 with 2508 viewskingsburyR

God, do we have to endure yet another season of Carlsberg????

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Beer Prices Inside The Ground on 13:32 - Jul 30 with 2479 viewsToast_R

£5 a pint is diabolical but £5 for a plastic 300ml bottle of room temp Carlsberg witches p*ss is all kinds of wrong. I don't know why people would buy them at that price, are they that desperate for a beer? You can get 24x 440ml cans of Carlsberg in Aldi for £11 notes. It it were Hogsback or something decent you could understand it. In my opinion, they should just bring in a total ban on alcoholic beverages inside the stadium on match days, I feel their is no need for it and they'd be doing everyone a massive favor. Harsh?
[Post edited 30 Jul 2018 13:35]
Beer Prices Inside The Ground on 13:50 - Jul 30 with 2429 viewsnottonyfernandes

Beer Prices Inside The Ground on 08:47 - Jul 30 by robith

We can't bust heads like we used to. But we have our ways. One trick is to tell stories that don't go anywhere. Like the time I caught the ferry to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe. So I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. "Gimme five bees for a quarter," you'd say. Now where were we... oh yeah. The important thing was that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have any white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

I hope you set the toaster to 3: medium brown
Beer Prices Inside The Ground on 14:48 - Jul 30 with 2361 viewskingo

Beer Prices Inside The Ground on 19:32 - Jul 29 by NoDiddley

The late, great Sniffer Edwards. Eurofizz and Follow the Bear Juice remember it well. He used to get the Camra guide out to pick our pubs at away games, he used to hate the Midlands as no decent beer and used to give away that we were Londoners when he saw Ansells Brew11 in a pub.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Beer Prices Inside The Ground on 15:02 - Jul 30 with 2338 viewssmegma

Beer Prices Inside The Ground on 13:05 - Jul 30 by daveB

real ale bar was there for all of last season

Hence people say the beer at LR is shoite
Beer Prices Inside The Ground on 15:47 - Jul 30 with 2264 viewsToast_R

Beer Prices Inside The Ground on 15:02 - Jul 30 by smegma

Hence people say the beer at LR is shoite

Real Ale, there is a certain snobbery to it isn't there?
People say you can actually taste is as if that's a point scored over lager.
Beer Prices Inside The Ground on 16:32 - Jul 30 with 2204 viewsMetallica_Hoop

It is much more tasty which is why 'Craft lager' is now being brewed that tastes like.....IPA.

I started drinking it as it has no gas in it. I was fed up feeling like Budda and passing wind.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Beer Prices Inside The Ground on 21:06 - Jul 30 with 2008 viewscolinallcars

Beer Prices Inside The Ground on 15:47 - Jul 30 by Toast_R

Real Ale, there is a certain snobbery to it isn't there?
People say you can actually taste is as if that's a point scored over lager.

There is a certain snobbery, that's undeniable. But for most of us a pint of Real Ale, from a good brewery and well kept, is one of the wonders of this world.
Beer Prices Inside The Ground on 21:30 - Jul 30 with 1959 viewsBoston

Beer Prices Inside The Ground on 16:32 - Jul 30 by Metallica_Hoop

It is much more tasty which is why 'Craft lager' is now being brewed that tastes like.....IPA.

I started drinking it as it has no gas in it. I was fed up feeling like Budda and passing wind.

So, how do you stay warm on a cold day?

Beer Prices Inside The Ground on 21:37 - Jul 30 with 1955 viewsdaveB

a fiver is ridiculous but i've no problem with Carlsberg at the stadium, i just want a quick pint at half time not a strong lager or ale which will put me on my arse
Beer Prices Inside The Ground on 23:43 - Jul 30 with 1845 viewsToast_R

Beer Prices Inside The Ground on 16:32 - Jul 30 by Metallica_Hoop

I've tried a few craft beers and conclude that the majority are just over priced pints of overly bitter tasting lager. Up the hop levels does not make it taste better.
Hop 13, Brooklyn lager, Blue Moon, like drinking ear wax. Give me a nice Heineken over them any day of the week.

There's a few Ales I like, Hogsback beers are excellent as are the Meantime Brewery.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024