Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big trouble in little W12 - Report 07:59 - Aug 23 with 5312 viewsNorthernr

Big trouble in little W12 - Report 23rd Aug 2018 07:55
QPR lost their fourth game in a row to start the 2018/19 season on Tuesday night, pathetically surrendering 3-0 against Bristol City at Loftus Road. 16

Big trouble in little W12 - Report on 08:13 - Aug 23 with 4248 viewsisawqpratwcity

So, Clive, do you think Saturday is an "absolutely must-win" game?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Big trouble in little W12 - Report on 08:17 - Aug 23 with 4239 viewsNorthernr

Big trouble in little W12 - Report on 08:13 - Aug 23 by isawqpratwcity

So, Clive, do you think Saturday is an "absolutely must-win" game?

For him it is.

Team wise you don't have 'must win games' in August, ridiculous concept. Though this is probably as close to it as you get.
Big trouble in little W12 - Report on 08:26 - Aug 23 with 4183 viewsisawqpratwcity

Big trouble in little W12 - Report on 08:17 - Aug 23 by Northernr

For him it is.

Team wise you don't have 'must win games' in August, ridiculous concept. Though this is probably as close to it as you get.

I don't separate 'team-wise' and 'McClaren-wise' as much as you. I don't mean we wait until 16 games are left so that we must win them all to get 48 points, but what we have so far is what might be described as 'a slight disadvantage'.

Holloway would have been gone by Christmas 2016.

Big trouble in little W12 - Report on 08:30 - Aug 23 with 4172 viewsNorthernr

Big trouble in little W12 - Report on 08:26 - Aug 23 by isawqpratwcity

I don't separate 'team-wise' and 'McClaren-wise' as much as you. I don't mean we wait until 16 games are left so that we must win them all to get 48 points, but what we have so far is what might be described as 'a slight disadvantage'.

Holloway would have been gone by Christmas 2016.

"a slight disadavantage"

Even Stevec trolls better than this.
Big trouble in little W12 - Report on 08:37 - Aug 23 with 4132 viewsisawqpratwcity

Big trouble in little W12 - Report on 08:30 - Aug 23 by Northernr

"a slight disadavantage"

I'm not trolling and I don't believe that you feel fine about sacking a bloke after five games. Counting the cup, Holloway lost seven out of his first eight, and the win was against only ten men for the entire match. There's still possible loan additions to come, unless you also consider that a symptom of the problem, as some do.

Big trouble in little W12 - Report on 08:38 - Aug 23 with 4125 viewsNorthernr

Look at the team. Look at the way it is playing.
Big trouble in little W12 - Report on 08:39 - Aug 23 with 4121 viewsEsox_Lucius

Beating Wigan, who won 3-0 at Stoke last night is a "must win game"? do me a favour.

The grass is always greener.

Big trouble in little W12 - Report on 08:41 - Aug 23 with 4108 viewsisawqpratwcity

Big trouble in little W12 - Report on 08:38 - Aug 23 by Northernr

Look at the team. Look at the way it is playing.

Yeah, I can't argue with that, except to say, 'it's four games'.

Login to get fewer ads

Big trouble in little W12 - Report on 08:46 - Aug 23 with 4093 viewsBlue_Castello

Good report I remember that 2007 season it was amazing that we stayed up and Gregory deserves a lot of credit, that team scrapped for every point, if we can somehow instill those qualities into this team we have a chance, a slim one but a chance.
I can't see that happening unless we sign 2/3 key players on loan but even then I'm not sure McLaren will be able to motivate them......
Big trouble in little W12 - Report on 09:20 - Aug 23 with 3927 viewspaulparker

Big trouble in little W12 - Report on 08:39 - Aug 23 by Esox_Lucius

Beating Wigan, who won 3-0 at Stoke last night is a "must win game"? do me a favour.

That would be Wigan who everyone tipped on here to go down , who also have a worst budget than us , everyone including Bolton are picking up points we are right in it and have conceded 10 goals in 2 games
its a must win FFS

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Big trouble in little W12 - Report on 09:43 - Aug 23 with 3813 viewsstevec

Big trouble in little W12 - Report on 08:30 - Aug 23 by Northernr

"a slight disadavantage"

How dare you.

May I politely point out that the UEFA Cup/FA Cup finalists, League Cup winning, top half finishing, Middlesbro also lost their first 4 games under the managership of .... Schteve McClaren.

Now take that charge of trolling right back
Big trouble in little W12 - Report on 10:05 - Aug 23 with 3712 viewsJeff

It’s not just the results though, is it?

If we’d lost the first four, but you could see what we/Steve was trying to do, that we were just a little short of cohesion, playing well and waiting for it all to click you could absolutely dismiss this as being ‘must win’ for mclaren as silly.

We are nowhere near ‘nearly there’. Nothing in the first four games has suggested that were close to cracking the code and will go on any sort of run. From the style of play, to the formation, to the ‘trust in youth’ policy which appears to be dead, there doesn’t seem to be any joined-up thinking at all.

Four losses on the spin is NOT a crisis. What is happening on the pitch, and our inability to address it either on the pitch, on the training ground or in the transfer window is dangerously close to being one...

Can we not knock it?

Big trouble in little W12 - Report on 10:25 - Aug 23 with 3631 viewsJordanFoster

Amateur hour question coming up:

If we were to get rid of McClaren and I am not sure that is the answer, surely any pay-off and compensation would effect our standing in regards to FFP? So is it a case of get rid and sign nobody or keep him and use our petty cash to try and get a few loans in?
Big trouble in little W12 - Report on 10:28 - Aug 23 with 3622 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Big trouble in little W12 - Report on 10:05 - Aug 23 by Jeff

It’s not just the results though, is it?

If we’d lost the first four, but you could see what we/Steve was trying to do, that we were just a little short of cohesion, playing well and waiting for it all to click you could absolutely dismiss this as being ‘must win’ for mclaren as silly.

We are nowhere near ‘nearly there’. Nothing in the first four games has suggested that were close to cracking the code and will go on any sort of run. From the style of play, to the formation, to the ‘trust in youth’ policy which appears to be dead, there doesn’t seem to be any joined-up thinking at all.

Four losses on the spin is NOT a crisis. What is happening on the pitch, and our inability to address it either on the pitch, on the training ground or in the transfer window is dangerously close to being one...

Absolutely agree. I don’t think anyone who was there on Tuesday will argue that Saturday is a very big game for Steve McClaren. Whether they want him to go or not.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Big trouble in little W12 - Report on 10:34 - Aug 23 with 3594 viewsToast_R

QPR are w@ank and are going down quicker than a cheap broad. There's F*ckall that can be down about it. FFP has ruined the club.
Big trouble in little W12 - Report on 10:43 - Aug 23 with 3546 viewsdaveB

Any manager can lose 4 on the spin it's the manner of it that worries me.

No fight and no organisation. I get that we have a young squad lack of quality blah blah but McClaren got the job due to him being this wonderful coach, well if thats the case bloody coach them into a hard to beat side and get the best of what you have. Holloway and Bircham managed it why can't this bloke. It's one thing being a great coach at Man Utd, England etc with great players, any idiot can coach them but to make an average squad better than what they are is where the good managers are separate from bad ones.

All we hear is about needing new players, Redknapp was slaughtered on here for saying the same thing.

It all reminds me of Ray Harford's spell as manager. I think he'll be given another month due to the loan signings.

I've always tried to back managers and regularly get stick on here for it so am not someone who usually flies off the handle and demands sackings but this is diabolical. I don't think iv'e ever seen a team less suited to doing what McClaren wanted than the one at West Brom and for the response to be kick it long to Washington against two big defenders I just give up.
Big trouble in little W12 - Report on 10:45 - Aug 23 with 3532 viewsMytch_QPR

Big trouble in little W12 - Report on 10:34 - Aug 23 by Toast_R

QPR are w@ank and are going down quicker than a cheap broad. There's F*ckall that can be down about it. FFP has ruined the club.

As an aside, WTF is going on with Bolton?

Before the start of the season, their players were on strike and refusing to play pre-season friendlies, now they're ripping it up and sitting third! - and they've got shed loads of debt!

I suppose that should give us some glimmer of hope - let's hope these loan signings get on board fast and perform.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Big trouble in little W12 - Report on 11:04 - Aug 23 with 3451 viewsRangersw12

The fact he isn't playing any youngsters bar Eze is really pissing me off. He's is completely going against his remit and we're going backwards .

He needs to be sacked sharpish as the players are clearly not trying for him
Big trouble in little W12 - Report on 11:13 - Aug 23 with 3411 viewsBostonR

Big trouble in little W12 - Report on 08:17 - Aug 23 by Northernr

For him it is.

He has some tough decisions to make.

It's obvious you cannot play Eze and Freeman in the same team. Will he drop Ingram? Surely it's time to bomb out Washington and get some real pace up front with Smyth and perhaps Smith playing alongside him.

Leinster looks shot and we do not have another defender to play alongside Baptiste. What game-plan are we likely to see because so far none of the coaching staff seem to have a fecking idea. Wigan were clinical last night so I assume they will come to LR looking to get an early goal and kill the game and McClaren's career.
Big trouble in little W12 - Report on 11:56 - Aug 23 with 3264 viewsTHEBUSH

Big trouble in little W12 - Report on 10:28 - Aug 23 by CliveWilsonSaid

Absolutely agree. I don’t think anyone who was there on Tuesday will argue that Saturday is a very big game for Steve McClaren. Whether they want him to go or not.

If McClaren can get the loan signings in, that he wants, I suppose he'll be given time to sort us out ?

Although another heavy defeat on Saturday, maybe too late for him ?

It was a stupid decision to get rid of Holloway, in the final year of his contract, as after all it was and still is Holloways team.
Big trouble in little W12 - Report on 12:49 - Aug 23 with 3098 viewsLazyFan

While it is only 4 games, the real problem for me is that the players clearly do not want to play for Mclaren. And that means no matter what he does, they won't perform.

While Ollie is allegedly as mad as a box of Frogs, he did motivate the players, especially when his tactics were all wrong they still tried to make it work. Thus, they would still play for him, even when he was completely wrong.

Considering the comparison, which will always be made and that the players won't perform for him, I suspect that he will be sacked after the Brum game. Even if he manages to get a couple of points by then.

I suspect Birch will be asked to manage then as it will be about player motivation and coaching when loan window has shut.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Big trouble in little W12 - Report on 13:10 - Aug 23 with 3025 viewsTheChef

Big trouble in little W12 - Report on 12:49 - Aug 23 by LazyFan

While it is only 4 games, the real problem for me is that the players clearly do not want to play for Mclaren. And that means no matter what he does, they won't perform.

While Ollie is allegedly as mad as a box of Frogs, he did motivate the players, especially when his tactics were all wrong they still tried to make it work. Thus, they would still play for him, even when he was completely wrong.

Considering the comparison, which will always be made and that the players won't perform for him, I suspect that he will be sacked after the Brum game. Even if he manages to get a couple of points by then.

I suspect Birch will be asked to manage then as it will be about player motivation and coaching when loan window has shut.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I'm not sure how people see the players as not playing for the manager. Arguably they are very low on confidence and it shows in the way they play.

You look at the reaction after the second goal on Tuesday, they tried to force their way back into the game and should have had a goal back. At 2-1, the crowd finds their voice, Bristol are on the back foot, who knows what might have happened?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Big trouble in little W12 - Report on 13:38 - Aug 23 with 2938 viewsbeanofire1

I've always said you should judge amanager after the first ten games.

And as a rule, that rings true. BUT - the manner of defeat against WBA and Bristol City worries me way more than the actual losing.

Threw in the towel at 3-1 v WBA. And as for Bristol City, who were in a similiar position to us, start of the season wise, we were third best in a two horse race.

I'm stupidly banking on two new loans in by Saturday being the catalyst to start something fresh, new and dare I say it? Exciting!

'I knw I ain't doing much........but doing nothing means a lot to me.'

Big trouble in little W12 - Report on 14:37 - Aug 23 with 2791 viewsJAPRANGERS

Thanks for the report Clive!

So sad to see what is happening at our Rangers. How did things ever get this bad? I saw the game on the computer screen. What a shambles. Can't see how things are ever going to be turned around. So sad.

If we get pummeled by Wigan Saturday, curtains for Mac??
Big trouble in little W12 - Report on 14:47 - Aug 23 with 2772 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Big trouble in little W12 - Report on 14:37 - Aug 23 by JAPRANGERS

Thanks for the report Clive!

So sad to see what is happening at our Rangers. How did things ever get this bad? I saw the game on the computer screen. What a shambles. Can't see how things are ever going to be turned around. So sad.

If we get pummeled by Wigan Saturday, curtains for Mac??

Don’t think Steve will ever be able to have curtains.

Hair islands are the best he can hope for from now on!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024