Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Birmingham in deep doo doo 16:34 - Sep 7 with 13605 viewsHayesender

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/09/07/exclusive-birmingham-facing-12-p

If the case, that's one of the relegation places sorted.

Candle face strikes again

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Birmingham in deep doo doo on 16:45 - Sep 7 with 8216 viewsNorthernr

Appointing Redknapp should be a points deduction by itself TBF.
Sheff Wed will face similar when their next set of accounts come out.
Birmingham in deep doo doo on 16:51 - Sep 7 with 8186 views2Thomas2Bowles

They are not QPR so I expect they are let off with 3 more verbal warnings then 6 written warnings and but that time all fines and points deductions to be abolished.

Apart from where involving QPR.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Birmingham in deep doo doo on 17:03 - Sep 7 with 8129 viewsAntti_Heinola

Even if they get a 12 point deduction, Facebook will still be full of knobs screaming at Tottenham Les for not buying more players.

Bare bones.

Birmingham in deep doo doo on 17:06 - Sep 7 with 8128 viewsisawqpratwcity

Birmingham in deep doo doo on 16:45 - Sep 7 by Northernr

Isn't there also an all-clubs preliminary FFP examination on projected figures in March, too? There may be even more clubs in trouble this season.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Birmingham in deep doo doo on 17:24 - Sep 7 with 8079 viewsNorthernr

Worth mentioning again that having signed 14 players already last summer, and then won only one of the first dozen games and lost six in a row, 'Arry said it would have been alright had he been allowed to sign Jordan Hugill from Preston as well - quick £8m there.
Birmingham in deep doo doo on 18:36 - Sep 7 with 7863 viewssmegma

Birmingham in deep doo doo on 17:24 - Sep 7 by Northernr

Worth mentioning again that having signed 14 players already last summer, and then won only one of the first dozen games and lost six in a row, 'Arry said it would have been alright had he been allowed to sign Jordan Hugill from Preston as well - quick £8m there.

He's a triffik lad
Birmingham in deep doo doo on 18:40 - Sep 7 with 7857 viewsBklynRanger

Birmingham in deep doo doo on 17:24 - Sep 7 by Northernr

"So 5 % of 8 mill equals, eh......here, stick that envelope in the dog's bed Sandra there's a love"
Birmingham in deep doo doo on 19:24 - Sep 7 with 7737 viewsloftboy

Can someone post the full article as it says I have to subscribe, thanks

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

Birmingham in deep doo doo on 19:26 - Sep 7 with 7734 viewsconnell10

Im not a betting man but if i was id wager they wont get a points deduction!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Birmingham in deep doo doo on 20:01 - Sep 7 with 7623 viewsTacticalR

Birmingham in deep doo doo on 19:24 - Sep 7 by loftboy

Can someone post the full article as it says I have to subscribe, thanks

The Telegraph lets you read one free article a week if you create an account (I use a separate email address when signing up to those kind of accounts so I don't get a load of spam).

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/contact-us/subscriptions/

Air hostess clique

Birmingham in deep doo doo on 20:45 - Sep 7 with 7496 viewsloftus77

Birmingham in deep doo doo on 19:26 - Sep 7 by connell10

Im not a betting man but if i was id wager they wont get a points deduction!

This.

Great story - and the only good thing Harry has ever done for us - but I'd be amazed if it happened. Large fine at worst.
Birmingham in deep doo doo on 22:08 - Sep 7 with 7288 viewsGroveR

Player wages of £217 for every £100 income (ours was £195 in 2013/14) apparently. The league should really be looking at a fit and proper managers test.
Birmingham in deep doo doo on 23:13 - Sep 7 with 7203 viewsLblock

If you want to appear credible, impartial and fair and reasonable then you don’t do one person by your rules, you do others and especially those who’ve done similar or worse.
My theory at the time was the authorities wouldn’t go proper lenient due to precedent being set as they had others in their sights. Seems to be the case.
I’d sooner it was others but they’re not high on my list of likeable clubs... plus the stench of CandleFace lives on

Farcical Fcukin Policy no matter

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Birmingham in deep doo doo on 00:13 - Sep 8 with 7098 viewsToast_R

FFP surely has to be f*cked off. Fans will start to lose interest in their clubs whilst clubs are subject to these long drawn out uncertain processes whereby the clubs gets f*cked one way or another but no one knows when. Usually all the sh*t accumilates after a disaterous season where a lot of fans are at their wits end anyway. Right now you could be inclined to f*ck this season off as we're not able to mount a challenge being in the third year of the scrutiny, and come back next season when the new three year period begins and the club can spend again. It's going to kill football.
Birmingham in deep doo doo on 03:56 - Sep 8 with 6990 viewstimcocking

I'll tell you now, the only team who will ever get a huge fine for breaching "ffp" will be QPR.

Mindblowing that Harry Redknapp could get a job as a football manager. I should apply...
Birmingham in deep doo doo on 07:22 - Sep 8 with 6853 viewsdistortR

I imagine Birmingham will go down our route of dragging the process out for as long as possible.

From a layman's point of view, I don't quite understand how we lost the case, although i accept the ramifications of having done so.
Birmingham in deep doo doo on 07:59 - Sep 8 with 6788 viewsCamberleyR

Birmingham in deep doo doo on 00:13 - Sep 8 by Toast_R

FFP surely has to be f*cked off. Fans will start to lose interest in their clubs whilst clubs are subject to these long drawn out uncertain processes whereby the clubs gets f*cked one way or another but no one knows when. Usually all the sh*t accumilates after a disaterous season where a lot of fans are at their wits end anyway. Right now you could be inclined to f*ck this season off as we're not able to mount a challenge being in the third year of the scrutiny, and come back next season when the new three year period begins and the club can spend again. It's going to kill football.

Don't think it's three years and wipe the slate clean, it's three years rolling isn't it?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Birmingham in deep doo doo on 09:22 - Sep 8 with 6663 viewsbosh67

I suspect the league will find a way of deducting points from us in the process.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Birmingham in deep doo doo on 09:49 - Sep 8 with 6604 views2Thomas2Bowles

Birmingham in deep doo doo on 09:22 - Sep 8 by bosh67

I suspect the league will find a way of deducting points from us in the process.

Yes for inciting overspend.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Birmingham in deep doo doo on 10:10 - Sep 8 with 6562 viewsterryb

Birmingham in deep doo doo on 16:45 - Sep 7 by Northernr

I don't think Sheffield Wednesday will suffer as large a sentence as Birmingham. It was the signing of the player from Union Berlin that has brought the wrath of the EFL on to them, whilst Wednesday kept to their embargo.

However, I would expect Villa & Forest, if not promoted, to be treated in the same vein as Brum due to their complete disregard to the FFP regulations. Any other action would lead to further clubs ignoring the rules in the same fashion whereas prosecuting to the full may act as a deterrent.

A 12 point deduction IMO would not be likely, but I can see a 3 or 6 point deduction as quite feasible.
Birmingham in deep doo doo on 10:21 - Sep 8 with 6549 viewsEsox_Lucius

Birmingham in deep doo doo on 07:59 - Sep 8 by CamberleyR

Don't think it's three years and wipe the slate clean, it's three years rolling isn't it?

Yep! a 3 year rolling maximum of £39m losses.

The grass is always greener.

Birmingham in deep doo doo on 12:53 - Sep 8 with 6346 viewsTacticalR

So, are we for or against Birmingham on FFP?

Air hostess clique

Birmingham in deep doo doo on 12:53 - Sep 8 with 6344 viewsterryb

As Birmingham are also carrying a loss of over £52 million from the last two seasons, they will have to register a profit of more than £13 million this season to avoid further transgressions!

Thus our transfer policy has been explained in full!
Birmingham in deep doo doo on 13:28 - Sep 8 with 6281 viewsdavman

Birmingham in deep doo doo on 00:13 - Sep 8 by Toast_R

I would agree apart from two things:

1. The football authorities do not listen to fans;
2. Although there appears to be a general murmuring on message boards such as this (quite rightly), I see no solid movement of fans across the board to challenge this. There are enough of us to make the authorities listen, but deep down, there aren't many who are prepared to follow interest up with a dedicated campaign to influence the authorities, so why should they listen?

Every football fan outside the top 6 (and maybe Everton too) should be very interested in influencing the authorities to do something about it, but those in the promised land are generally too arrogant to worry as they believe that their team is 'established' in the top flight and will never have to worry about getting someone to inject funding into their club to sustain a push to get back into the big money league once they fall out of it, because they won't...

I say it again. If the key issue FFP (or profitability and sustainment) rules are trying to protect is owners over committing clubs to debt they cannot service (like what happened to Portsmouth), then owners providing funds up front to cover their commitments or wiping debt is the way to go about it.

Effectively, what our owners tried to do...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Birmingham in deep doo doo on 14:21 - Sep 8 with 6192 viewsdistortR

Birmingham in deep doo doo on 12:53 - Sep 8 by TacticalR

So, are we for or against Birmingham on FFP?

we don't really know, but i imagine all teams except us are flaunting ffp and should be deducted 12 points with immediate effect, which would probably leave us comfortably mid-table for a couple of weeks.

edit - birmingham are wrong, in so many ways, but ffp is undoubtedly wronger.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2018 14:22]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024