Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has the football world gone mad ? 11:52 - Jun 10 with 2622 viewscyprusmel

It's been reported that Man Utd have bid 40 million pounds for Crystal Palace player Aaron Wan-Bissaka but Palace are holding out for 60 million pounds.
Aaron has played 42 league games in total.
Has anyone seen him, is he that good and worth this gamble ?
Has the football world gone mad ? on 11:55 - Jun 10 with 2599 viewsjohncharles

If he’s worth anything like that I reckon I would have caught a glimpse of him on some random replay on MOTD etc.
Nope, never seen nor heard of him.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2019 11:55]

Strong and stable my arse.

Has the football world gone mad ? on 11:56 - Jun 10 with 2596 viewsRblockPrior

Fantastic player and will grow to be an even better one, after the season he had last season he was always going to attract a top 6 side. He is brilliant going forward, direct, quick, strong and can defend.

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Has the football world gone mad ? on 12:46 - Jun 10 with 2426 viewsterryb

I'm not saying that this is a realistic figure, but he is already a better right back than Walker or Trippier. He can defend as well as looking good going forward.

It may be that along with Alexander-Arnold, England will have the two best right backs in the world!

I would expect City to be considering making an offer for him . If so, the £60 million that Palace want is a possibility.

I thought though, that Palace had stated they would accept offers for Saha but not for Wan-Bissaka. I would also sugest that he may be better off having another season at Palace unless he went straight into the City team.
Has the football world gone mad ? on 12:50 - Jun 10 with 2412 viewsMrSheen

Has the football world gone mad ? on 11:56 - Jun 10 by RblockPrior

Fantastic player and will grow to be an even better one, after the season he had last season he was always going to attract a top 6 side. He is brilliant going forward, direct, quick, strong and can defend.

He's a hell of an athlete for a teenager. They paid £15m for Smalling a decade ago after 20-odd games, so they won't see at that much of a risk.
Has the football world gone mad ? on 12:54 - Jun 10 with 2396 viewsR_from_afar

I think you're right, it has gone mad. Just because a club is crazy enough to pay that much for a far from established player does not make it sensible.

I find it galling that QPR has been hammered for overspending yet the "big clubs" are the real cause of the runaway transfer fees and wages.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Has the football world gone mad ? on 13:02 - Jun 10 with 2363 viewsHayesender

And Jesse Lingard reportedly gonna be offered a new contract worth £130k per week.

Wibble

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Has the football world gone mad ? on 13:05 - Jun 10 with 2347 viewsWatford_Ranger

He’s worth it in this market. There will be crazier fees paid for less proven players. Madrid paid a fortune to Frankfurt (I think) for a guy who they’d bought for £6m barely a month earlier.
Has the football world gone mad ? on 13:15 - Jun 10 with 2305 viewsAntti_Heinola

Has the football world gone mad ? on 11:55 - Jun 10 by johncharles

If he’s worth anything like that I reckon I would have caught a glimpse of him on some random replay on MOTD etc.
Nope, never seen nor heard of him.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2019 11:55]

Really? He's been absolutely superb all season. Great buy - even at that price. He looks absolute quality, both defensively and going forward.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Has the football world gone mad ? on 13:19 - Jun 10 with 2282 viewsjonno

And people wonder why the cost of watching football continues to increase.
Has the football world gone mad ? on 13:24 - Jun 10 with 2257 viewsted_hendrix

manure obviously pulling out all the stops to see if they can maintain sixth position in the league for next season.

Tossers like the rest of them.

££££££££££££££££££££

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Has the football world gone mad ? on 14:07 - Jun 10 with 2101 viewsDavieQPR

What also adds to his price is the fact that he was born in Croydon.
Has the football world gone mad ? on 14:16 - Jun 10 with 2070 viewssmegma

Has the football world gone mad ? on 13:15 - Jun 10 by Antti_Heinola

Really? He's been absolutely superb all season. Great buy - even at that price. He looks absolute quality, both defensively and going forward.

I too have never heard of him as I don't take much notice of the circus known as the Premier League
Has the football world gone mad ? on 14:33 - Jun 10 with 2029 viewsqprd

Has the football world gone mad ? on 13:05 - Jun 10 by Watford_Ranger

He’s worth it in this market. There will be crazier fees paid for less proven players. Madrid paid a fortune to Frankfurt (I think) for a guy who they’d bought for £6m barely a month earlier.

to be fair, the "guy" you referenced may be the best young striker in europe

jadon sancho is similar- bought for a reasonable price by a club who had the patience to play him... they developed him and will sell him back to england for 10x the initial buying price
Has the football world gone mad ? on 14:41 - Jun 10 with 2009 viewsMatch82

Has the football world gone mad ? on 14:07 - Jun 10 by DavieQPR

I'll take that as a statement of fact and will bring that up in my next job interview
Has the football world gone mad ? on 15:40 - Jun 10 with 1938 viewsrsonist

It's bad enough supporting QPR but what if it was the only football you bothered to watch. Frightening.
Has the football world gone mad ? on 16:01 - Jun 10 with 1892 viewsbosh67

And to think they could buy Luke Freeman for 8 shillings.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Has the football world gone mad ? on 20:57 - Jun 10 with 1759 viewspaesanu

AWB is very classy, his potential is fantastic. There used to be a time where 'potential' meant that the transfer fee was pretty limited. I could be wrong, but I remember that it was ...... Manchester f*cking United who blew £30m on an unknown potential by the name of Anthony Martial. That wasn't so long ago, but it felt seismic at the time cos it seemed such a panic buy.

And of course all of a sudden potential stars' premiums rocketed.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Has the football world gone mad ? on 23:24 - Jun 10 with 1594 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Has the football world gone mad ? on 14:07 - Jun 10 by DavieQPR

Steady!!

Great player. Can defend properly as well. Very few get past him. Crazy valuations these days but he's some prospect.
Has the football world gone mad ? on 11:49 - Jun 11 with 1316 viewswestberksr

looks very, very talented.

Even in a bang average Palarse team he hasn't given much chance to anyone he's come up against and as mentioned, he flies forward at any given opportunity.

quick, skilful, strong; possibly the perfect modern full back......

I thought the same about Karl Ready so obviously know a thing or 2 about these things
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024