Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Falling in love with football and QPR at the wise old age of 19 15:31 - Dec 11 with 2256 viewsBenSummer

Hope this is allowed - I've recently found a love for QPR despite my Dad's best attempts to instill it over the past two decades or so. Wrote a blog post about it if anyone's interested - cheers!

https://bensummerwriting.wordpress.com/2019/12/11/falling-in-love-with-football-
Falling in love with football and QPR at the wise old age of 19 on 15:51 - Dec 11 with 2200 viewsRog

Nice one Ben
Falling in love with football and QPR at the wise old age of 19 on 15:53 - Dec 11 with 2200 viewshubble

You picked a good time to climb on the milk float Ben. Very nicely written.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Falling in love with football and QPR at the wise old age of 19 on 15:54 - Dec 11 with 2195 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Welcome, Ben. Nice piece.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Falling in love with football and QPR at the wise old age of 19 on 15:54 - Dec 11 with 2195 viewsMick_S

Falling in love with football and QPR at the wise old age of 19 on 15:53 - Dec 11 by hubble

You picked a good time to climb on the milk float Ben. Very nicely written.

Seconded - and talking of milk floats, what's your favourite cheese?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Falling in love with football and QPR at the wise old age of 19 on 15:57 - Dec 11 with 2179 viewsDiscodroids

Luvverly Jubberly Ben!

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Falling in love with football and QPR at the wise old age of 19 on 16:07 - Dec 11 with 2147 viewsheadhoops

enjoyed reading that Ben - next step is to start a match thread on this illustrious board.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Falling in love with football and QPR at the wise old age of 19 on 16:19 - Dec 11 with 2110 viewsnix

Beautifully written Ben.

I didn't start in the QPR family, only joining when I was in my thirties. I always loved watching and playing sport but never playing football, as it wasn't an option in my all-girls Catholic school in the 70s.

It hasn't stopped me having loads of opinions about QPR and footballing in general, some of which are naive because I've never actually played, but some are pretty on point. So fill your boots on here. We all argue but like the fact there's someone to disagree with!

Also, would love it if you could one day do a vlog. AFAIK they've been no QPR vlogs and it would be great to have one, if only as a one-off. But it is generally young guys so I'd appreciate you taking up the baton.

I have the memory of a sieve so although I've been at both play off finals, at least one of the semis, a 6-0 drubbing of Crystal Palace to keep us up, I only have the sketchiest of memories. So encyclopaedic knowledge is less of a qualification than enthusiasm and passion for our club. And I much prefer this iteration of QPR than the Paladini years, so am deffo with you there.

Welcome to LFW.
Falling in love with football and QPR at the wise old age of 19 on 16:30 - Dec 11 with 2088 viewsMytch_QPR

Thanks, Ben.

Your passion has been rekindled at the right time, I reckon. The reckless spending years were not much fun. QPR and big money don't seem to go well together!

You ought to approach Dave T from A Kick Up The Rs if you pen any further articles - he always welcomes new writers.

You are so right about our stadium - it's like an old friend. A bit shabby, but a good friend nevertheless. It's our cave, as Olly used to say.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2019 16:30]

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Login to get fewer ads

Falling in love with football and QPR at the wise old age of 19 on 17:26 - Dec 11 with 2006 viewsBenSummer

Thanks to all for the very kind comments. Have given Dave a shout on twitter and eager to write some more if I manage any coherent thoughts! Here's to a solid performance at Birmingham tonight.
Falling in love with football and QPR at the wise old age of 19 on 17:52 - Dec 11 with 1954 viewsNorthantsHoop

Been following QPR since the age of 12 and still love em 44 years later. For many years 1986 to 2014 did not go to games when in previous 10 years had a been a season ticket holder. A great mate of mine invited me along to the play off final in 2014 and from then the passion was rekindled and been a season ticket holder now for last 5 years, enjoy the ride Ben.
Falling in love with football and QPR at the wise old age of 19 on 19:41 - Dec 11 with 1850 viewsMiss_Terraces

Falling in love with football and QPR at the wise old age of 19 on 17:26 - Dec 11 by BenSummer

Thanks to all for the very kind comments. Have given Dave a shout on twitter and eager to write some more if I manage any coherent thoughts! Here's to a solid performance at Birmingham tonight.

I'm third generation
My granddad, dad, uncles and cousins, never shut up about them. I was so excited to see my first game. QPR may not have been that great but being a QPR supporter is.

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024